Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, Baltimore Is Upset

grmasterb

They really need to get over it already. It's been almost 30 years. And they have a team again. And both the Ravens and Colts have established themselves in their respective cities, having won championships there, and built new stadiums, etc. It's done. Move on!

They really need to get over it already. It's been almost 30 years. And they have a team again. And both the Ravens and Colts have established themselves in their respective cities, having won championships there, and built new stadiums, etc. It's done. Move on!

Agreed. It's just the media fanning the flames though.

I thought this was hilarious for several reasons. Either the guy who made this has a good sense of humor or is just an incredibly bitter fan, it seems more of the first one considering reactions from the fans. It's such a touchy subject that fans were actually offended by this.

Seriously though, if they are offended by this, time to get over yourselves Baltimore. Their fans would say, well of course you would say that you got the Colts. But the fact is Baltimore has a team now and a pretty darned good one. If anything it takes away from what the Ravens are doing to have so much energy still focused towards the Colts. Atleast it made sense when Baltimore didn't have a team, but the time to move on was as soon as the Ravens came into existense.

You don't see this much hostility in Houston with the Oilers and it took them just as long, actually I believe longer to get a new franchise. Heck I am from Fort Wayne and they had an NBA team called the Pistons, you might have heard of them. Well their existence is referenced historically, other than that it's a subject that really never gets brought up here. Sure it happened 50 years ago, but at this rate Baltimore will still be crying about the Colts in 20 years.

This is the Sun. A complete trash publication doing nothing more than Kravitz in trying to elicit reactions. Nobody, and I mean nobody that I have talked to is mad at the Colts for hiring Chuck, and nobody seems to be mad at Chuck for going to the Colts. Disappointed, yes, but that seems to have more to do with the fact that the Ravens lost a good and well respected coach than anything else.

The negative reactions by fans toward this are honestly more in the overall reference, and there was no point in making it. Chuck interviewed, had a choice to make and made the move to further his career.

Honestly, at this point 30 years have passed. In that time, we have another owner in this town to vilify in Peter Angelos, who has robbed us of a team while leaving it here in Baltimore, and making us contribute to a new stadium and working all kinds of special perks from the state.

so if we had a team in Indy back in the day and Irsay just decided to move it to Baltimore, it would be the same situation.

All of you would be upset and bitter.

I mean I would be pretty ticked if Irsay pulled that scenarion agaon and moved the Colts somewhere else overnight.

Baltimore fans = good people. I love them and respect them.

As a Ravens fan, something I almost never do is post on another team's forums. I came here to see how one of my favorite coaches was being received in Indy. Yes, there are fans here who are ticked and while I'm not at that level, it is aggravating. For the 4th time in 10 years, our DC has been tapped to be a head coach for another team. We'll survive as usual and more than likely Dean Pees will move up to fill Pagano's shoes. I think we're probably more ticked that you guys didn't take Cam Cameron with Pagano.

Anyway, I saw this thread and had to take a moment to respond. For a majority of the fans and all the players in Baltimore, the bitterness about the Colts is a non-issue. It's a total disconnect. It's only the fans in my generation (I was a little kid growing up watching the Colts) and the remaining 2 or 3 older generations of fan that still carries this.

I don't know if you know or even care, but just a small insight. That bitterness that won't seem to go away is not just about the organization leaving. That happens and we understand that. What set that bitterness deep in the hearts of Baltimore fans is that the NFL allowed Irsay to strip the city of not only the team name, but of every record, award and championship that the team had won. That is the crux of it for many of us. They didn't just take the team, they took everything. To see the horseshoe and every bit of history the team created while in Baltimore moved and put under the name Indianapolis like we didn't exist is something that aggravates to this day. It has little do with your city or your fans and much to do with Irsay and the NFL. While I know this is common in sports, it's one of the things I am grateful for with the Ravens. While the team moved, the city of Cleveland was left with the team name and all their accomplishments, records and history.

Should we let it go? Probably. It doesn't do much good, but I can't lie .. to this day it still irritates me to see 1958, 1959, 1968 and 1970 listed next to Indy's 2006 Championship.

-D

As a Ravens fan, something I almost never do is post on another team's forums. I came here to see how one of my favorite coaches was being received in Indy. Yes, there are fans here who are ticked and while I'm not at that level, it is aggravating. For the 4th time in 10 years, our DC has been tapped to be a head coach for another team. We'll survive as usual and more than likely Dean Pees will move up to fill Pagano's shoes. I think we're probably more ticked that you guys didn't take Cam Cameron with Pagano.

Anyway, I saw this thread and had to take a moment to respond. For a majority of the fans and all the players in Baltimore, the bitterness about the Colts is a non-issue. It's a total disconnect. It's only the fans in my generation (I was a little kid growing up watching the Colts) and the remaining 2 or 3 older generations of fan that still carries this.

I don't know if you know or even care, but just a small insight. That bitterness that won't seem to go away is not just about the organization leaving. That happens and we understand that. What set that bitterness deep in the hearts of Baltimore fans is that the NFL allowed Irsay to strip the city of not only the team name, but of every record, award and championship that the team had won. That is the crux of it for many of us. They didn't just take the team, they took everything. To see the horseshoe and every bit of history the team created while in Baltimore moved and put under the name Indianapolis like we didn't exist is something that aggravates to this day. It has little do with your city or your fans and much to do with Irsay and the NFL. While I know this is common in sports, it's one of the things I am grateful for with the Ravens. While the team moved, the city of Cleveland was left with the team name and all their accomplishments, records and history.

Should we let it go? Probably. It doesn't do much good, but I can't lie .. to this day it still irritates me to see 1958, 1959, 1968 and 1970 listed next to Indy's 2006 Championship.

-D

They are all championships won by the Colts franchise and as such belong to the organization. When the franchise switched cities it's not like the Baltimore Colts and Indianapolis Colts became seperate entities. It's the same franchise...with the horseshoe...and Colts team name. Most Colts fans are well aware that the championships in 58, 59, 68 & 70 occurred in Charm City and respect the tradition of the team prior to it's arrival in Indianapolis.

For what it's worth I was a fan of the Baltimore Colts in the early 80's and suffered through the agony of the move as a young fan. It sucked but at the end of the day they were still the Colts so my loyalty remained. FWIW I continue to be a long suffering Orioles fan.

The Ravens have also embraced the old Baltimore Colts history as a part of that city's football tradition and I am glad that they do. I have no problem with that at all.

Different situations. Cleveland kept their history when the Browns moved...

Only because the league forced them to in order to head off the lawsuit from the city of Cleveland. Modell didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. Otherwise, they'd be the Baltimore Browns today.

Only because the league forced them to in order to head off the lawsuit from the city of Cleveland. Modell didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. Otherwise, they'd be the Baltimore Browns today.

That may be...im just speaking to hose who keep telling older Baltimore fans that they 'have no right to be upset when they did the same thing to Cleveland'...when in fact...it was different.

That may be...im just speaking to hose who keep telling older Baltimore fans that they 'have no right to be upset when they did the same thing to Cleveland'...when in fact...it was different.

Except that it really wasn't. I somehow doubt the Browns having to change name and uniforms helped Cleveland fans one iota when they left, and the imposters the NFL game them as a replacement sure aren't doing them any favors either.

so if we had a team in Indy back in the day and Irsay just decided to move it to Baltimore, it would be the same situation.

All of you would be upset and bitter.

I mean I would be pretty ticked if Irsay pulled that scenarion agaon and moved the Colts somewhere else overnight.

Baltimore fans = good people. I love them and respect them.

If this was 1985 I could agree with you.

I'd like to hope that after 30 years I would have moved on, especially when I have my own team to root for who already won me a championship.

Except that it really wasn't. I somehow doubt the Browns having to change name and uniforms helped Cleveland fans one iota when they left, and the imposters the NFL game them as a replacement sure aren't doing them any favors either.

Perhaps...I see both sides of it...i just dont think anyone should be telling anyone else that they dont have a right to feel a certain way.

If the Patriots packed up and moved to Oklahoma and took our history and championships with them, Id be ticked, even if I got a new team to replace them in a few years. Winning a championship would help 'ease the pain'...but as a fan who remembered the old days...Id never get over it.

Where as if the Patriots packed up and moved to Oklahoma and became the Tornadoes and I got a new team a few years later that was called the Patriots and when I went to games I could still see those banners hanging there...Id feel a little better about it.

Maybe I'm te Dumb here again...but I don't see why ist is funny...perhaps because I don't live in the States. Mayflower??? Baltimore doesn't even havea sense of humour.
You are not dumb. The Baltimore Cots left Balitmore in the middle of the night and had the Mayflower moving company move them to Indianapolis. so someone just thought putting Pagano in a Mayflower truck going to Indy shows him as a traitor to Baltimore.

Edit: and not only did they leave int eh middle of the night but they really snuck out of town.

Should we let it go? Probably. It doesn't do much good, but I can't lie .. to this day it still irritates me to see 1958, 1959, 1968 and 1970 listed next to Indy's 2006 Championship. -D

I understand being sad about losing your hometown team. But those were the accomplishments of the Colts franshise, not the city Baltimore. Baltimore is not the only city to have lost franchises. A lot of cities have, and have lost more successful franchises than the Colts, i.e. Minneapolis Lakers to L.A. Should the Timberwolves get to claim the Minneapolis Lakers championships? No, that's absurd. The banners belong wherever the franchise plays.

You are not dumb. The Baltimore Cots left Balitmore in the middle of the night and had the Mayflower moving company move them to Indianapolis. so someone just thought putting Pagano in a Mayflower truck going to Indy shows him as a traitor to Baltimore.

Edit: and not only did they leave int eh middle of the night but they really snuck out of town.

Thx! I didn't know this part of the story...