Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, Baltimore Is Upset

grmasterb

Perhaps...I see both sides of it...i just dont think anyone should be telling anyone else that they dont have a right to feel a certain way.

If the Patriots packed up and moved to Oklahoma and took our history and championships with them, Id be ticked, even if I got a new team to replace them in a few years. Winning a championship would help 'ease the pain'...but as a fan who remembered the old days...Id never get over it.

Where as if the Patriots packed up and moved to Oklahoma and became the Tornadoes and I got a new team a few years later that was called the Patriots and when I went to games I could still see those banners hanging there...Id feel a little better about it.

How much Jazz is played in Salt Lake City?

I have simply have never understood why this is such a big deal, especially since the team had moved 4 times before it got to Baltimore. Teams move all the time and I have never seen a 25 year temper tantrum like the one in Baltimore over a team which left simply because they failed to support it. In fact, in 2 years the tantrum will have lasted longer than the team was ever in Baltimore.

How much Jazz is played in Salt Lake City?

I have simply have never understood why this is such a big deal, especially since the team had moved 4 times before it got to Baltimore. Teams move all the time and I have never seen a 25 year temper tantrum like the one in Baltimore over a team which left simply because they failed to support it. In fact, in 2 years the tantrum will have lasted longer than the team was ever in Baltimore.

Very well said and very true! IIRC The Colts actually played in LA at one time waaaaaaaaaaay before Baltimore. They seem to have gotten over it?

Only because the league forced them to in order to head off the lawsuit from the city of Cleveland. Modell didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. Otherwise, they'd be the Baltimore Browns today.

Am I mistaken in thinking that the difference was that the Irsay family owned the Colts name and that the city of Cleveland owned the Browns name? I recall hearing that at the time.

Since we have an x Ravens coach now, does that mean I need to change my Avatar?

This has happened three times after it happened with the Colts. St Louis lost the Cards to Phoeinix, the Raiders moved back to Oakland, and The Rams moved from LA to St Louis. When will it be long enough to move on??

Dogg.this is why I'd rather have New England coming to Indy this year for the Super Bowl...

They just cant let it go..and to a great extent..its media..newspapers sucking up to older fans there...

..whining abut how the Colts 'stole' their team .

20 - 25 years is a generation.. I cant agree more....Cheer for the Ravens and move on...

As I said, it was a small insight. The vast majority of fans don't care about Indy one way or the other. You're not in our division and we don't play one another enough to matter all that much. If you think the remaining fans sit around on a daily basis bemoaning the team moving, you're mistaken. The only time it even comes up is when our two teams cross paths for some reason. When Pagano was announced as going to the Colts, there were a couple reflexive "Oh man ... why them .. hate those guys" and then it was gone with real concerns about where our D was going to go, who was available, was Cameron coming back (oh yea, thanks bunches Biscotti for bringing Cam back .... sigh), etc.

But if it makes you feel better thinking we sit around clawing at the walls and bemoaning the Colts loss, that's cool. Can't begrude you that. You've been hated on by Baltimore fans for nothing you did. I get that. We're hated on by Browns' fans (especially after the 2000 SB win). Good luck in the probable rebuild of your team/coaching staff. I hope the next time our teams face one another you're at full strength and playing well. The win this year was really unsatisfying without Peyton there and your team not playing up to your previous standards.

They need to get better photo shoppers there in Baltimore. Not suprising Baltimore is raging about something Colts oriented again, :facepalm: hah!!!!

When Pagano was announced as going to the Colts, there were a couple reflexive "Oh man ... why them .. hate those guys" and then it was gone with real concerns about where our D was going to go, who was available, was Cameron coming back (oh yea, thanks bunches Biscotti for bringing Cam back .... sigh), etc.

I was hoping beyond hope that Cameron would be gone, to nowhere in particular. Can't believe they are bringing him back again. Honestly, most of the people I talked to congratulated the Colts on getting a good coach, and then wanted to throw Cam in as a "buy one get one", it has really been kind of fun. To everyone outside of the market, it really isn't nearly as bad as you might think.

As DMH_in_WA said, most of the year, I hear nothing about it. It is only when the teams play each other. Just another case of the media blowing things out of proportion.

This has happened three times after it happened with the Colts. St Louis lost the Cards to Phoeinix, the Raiders moved back to Oakland, and The Rams moved from LA to St Louis. When will it be long enough to move on??

...and the Houston Oilers moved to Nashville.

Exact words from one of my good friends who played for Pagano "He's def a player's coach. Everyone loved him and loved playing for him. He as an unbelievable knack for being able to see eye to eye with any player from any background. Great guy. Great coach. " solid solid hire

Exact words from one of my good friends who played for Pagano "He's def a player's coach. Everyone loved him and loved playing for him. He as an unbelievable knack for being able to see eye to eye with any player from any background. Great guy. Great coach. " solid solid hire

Yep. The more I read about him, the more I think we may have gotten a real steal. I don't blame Baltimore fans for being upset at losing another DC, especially one that do many players loved and played hard for. I just think it's time to stop being upset at the Colts franchise. These are two separate situations.

Am I mistaken in thinking that the difference was that the Irsay family owned the Colts name and that the city of Cleveland owned the Browns name? I recall hearing that at the time.

Since we have an x Ravens coach now, does that mean I need to change my Avatar?

NO! I love your avatar. Please keep it.

Baltimore must be one of the saddest places to live as a sports fan. It's all about them and no care for other cities or fans or reason. I love to watch them wallow in their own disgust. As a true fan of NFL football, I get pleasure from it.

I hope you are not a Colts fan.