Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any interest in Spiller from the Colts?

Myles

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why did the Saints release him? Is he not healthy?

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the thing he just turned 29 last month. It's not like he is 33/34 years old. That is why I wonder if he is healthy?

From what I've read, he got into Sean Payton's doghouse.  Payton made him a healthy scratch in week 1 because they wanted to give Travaris Cadet more reps.  From what I've seen from Saints fans, they aren't too happy about this.

It seems a little worrisome when an offensive minded guy as smart as Sean Payton doesn't want to use him.  If that's the case, maybe it's best to stay away from him.  Based on comments I've seen, Saints fans are really unhappy with how this plays out for their cap situation.  I think I read that they have $7 mil in dead cap space because of this.  Many Saints fans are confused as to why this happened and think something was going on behind the scenes rather than on the field.

That is absurd

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the thing he just turned 29 last month. It's not like he is 33/34 years old. That is why I wonder if he is healthy?

Unhealthy or easily replaceable , If he could have contributed he would still be a Saint .

Like Superman said & I agree Payton would not of let him go had he been worth keeping . 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Hey Bogie, 

Given your allegiance to the Saints, what's your take on cutting Spiller loose? I'm not looking to mock you or pour salt in any Bayou wounds here. Trust me. I'm just am curious how you feel about this departure. Thanks. 

Use the @ function to get their attention.  If you just type their username, they won't get the notification.  But if you type @ and then their username, they will.  For example, @southwest1 or @Bogie

35 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Use the @ function to get their attention.  If you just type their username, they won't get the notification.  But if you type @ and then their username, they will.  For example, @southwest1 or @Bogie

I appreciate the @ notification trick 21. I truly do, but I don't need instant gratification. Bogie will tell me what he thinks if he feels so inclined. I don't need an answer in seconds or moments. I prefer patience. 

Sorry, if I came across as snippy or ungrateful in my response 21. I know you were just trying to help. Speed in life isn't always a luxury or an asset in my experience. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I appreciate the @ notification trick 21. I truly do, but I don't need instant gratification. Bogie will tell me what he thinks if he feels so inclined. I don't need an answer in seconds or moments. I prefer patience. 

Sorry, if I came across as snippy or ungrateful in my response 21. I know you were just trying to help. Speed in life isn't always a luxury or an asset in my experience. 

No worries!  Just thought it might help.  With so many threads and posts, you never know if someone you want to answer your post will actually see it.  Using the notification will ensure they get the alert for it.

32 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

No worries!  Just thought it might help.  With so many threads and posts, you never know if someone you want to answer your post will actually see it.  Using the notification will ensure they get the alert for it.

Yeah, I knew your heart was in the right place. PS: You Canadians are too darn nice for your own good. We Americans could learn a lot from your countrymen & women. We won't, but we could. Just Joking my man! It's all good @21isSuperman. 

Well, well, well...this old dog can learn new tricks after all...

We kinda already have a shifty, fast, good in space back already in Ferguson (who played well in limited minutes on Sunday). I'd rather just develop him into that role. It's not like we're in any hurry either way. Spiller wouldn't be more than a backup at best, and I like Ferguson and Turbin so not necessarily urgent

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Spiller wouldn't be more than a backup at best, and I like Ferguson and Turbin so not necessarily urgent

I really liked Robert Turbin in Seattle &, if we can get him creases in INDY, he will be just fine IMO. 

Like most have already stated, Spiller is not a priority for our organization. 

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

It seems a little worrisome when an offensive minded guy as smart as Sean Payton doesn't want to use him.  If that's the case, maybe it's best to stay away from him.  Based on comments I've seen, Saints fans are really unhappy with how this plays out for their cap situation.  I think I read that they have $7 mil in dead cap space because of this.  Many Saints fans are confused as to why this happened and think something was going on behind the scenes rather than on the field.

That is absurd

We had about that much dead cap in 2012.  Of course we basically re-did the entire team.  

Saints always seem to be in cap trouble though.  So I don't find that entirely surprising.  

18 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I knew your heart was in the right place. PS: You Canadians are too darn nice for your own good. We Americans could learn a lot from your countrymen & women. We won't, but we could. Just Joking my man! It's all good @21isSuperman. 

Well, well, well...this old dog can learn new tricks after all...

lmao You got it!

52 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Pass. It doesn't matter who we bring in, our line is not capable of opening up a hole.

I don't think there is a problem with the O-line myself. They looked pretty good considering they have only played one game together.  Gore averaged over 4 yards per carry.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I knew you would know. I wasn't sure what was going on. He was pretty good a couple of years ago. I thought maybe he just started to become injury prone.

Saints also released Keenan Lewis last month, which was the biggest shock. Him being our best defensive player the past 3 years, and his absence was easily recognizable Sunday. (But Jarius Byrd is still on the team, and he's been the worst defensive signing in forever and he's making a lot of money for this.)

Spiller was not the problem, neither was Keenan Lewis. This team is out of control with their cap issues and then cutting players because they simply cannot afford anyone at the moment. 

Saints are in cap hell. They lead the league in dead money. They've been in this 'win now' mode going on several years now. From time to time, they make signings and renegotiate contracts with Brees as if they are like the Patriots, but the problem is, NE wins, we don't. 

On 9/13/2016 at 7:04 PM, southwest1 said:

Hey Bogie, 

Given your allegiance to the Saints, what's your take on cutting Spiller loose? I'm not looking to mock you or pour salt in any Bayou wounds here. Trust me. I'm just am curious how you feel about this departure. Thanks. 

I don't like the move at all. Spiller looked like our best back in preseason, and he was a healthy inactive against the Raiders. Many fans already were upset come Sunday when Spiller was inactive, since we wanted to see him in action after a good preseason. 

The Saints are in a nightmare situation with the cap, which is why he had to go. But it pains me that we kept Jarius Byrd over both Keenan Lewis and Spiller.

Spiller did at least give us this highlight from last year. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asrYG0SEzVY

I dread the Saints future this year and in the following years. The cap situation and poor signings from Loomis and Payton have put us in a very dark corner that does not give me much hope for the future with Brees approaching the twilight of his career.