Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury status?

Valpo2004

2 minutes ago, corgi said:

Sprained knee and concussion shouldn't keep them out THAT long, but with this team who knows.

Pure speculation on my part, but I would assume Robinson could be ready to go against Denver. Don't think he has a history of concussions and a week is usually a normal recovery timeframe with concussion protocol. Knee sprains are always tougher. It just depends how severe it is. I'm under the impression best case scenario is 2-3 weeks for a mild sprain. This is supported by what we saw with Mewhort. That would mean we need Geathers to get healthy quick for next weekend.

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Was Allen hurt?  I don't remember him going down. 

6 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Did he get injured out there? I missed that.

I believe he went out in the 4th quarter and didn't come back in.  I did not hear a reason for that.

Just now, Hoosiernsavga said:

Yes, after week 1 he is definitely our #2 TE behind Doyle!!!!

Doyle had a couple timely catches, but some of the routes DA was running were beautiful. Double moves sucking in the LB's and breaking off at the last second for big gains. If he stays healthy, his ability to block and gain separation will consistently keep him involved in the offense.

I think we'll look back at the end of this year and realize how good of a decision keeping Allen over Fleener was.

57 minutes ago, corgi said:

Sprained knee and concussion shouldn't keep them out THAT long, but with this team who knows.

Didn't they make it so you miss the following game if diagnosed with a concussion? 

2 hours ago, corgi said:

I'm going to contact the team about a try out today...I think the injury situation is literally that bad.

I'm being 100% serious when I say that if I was playing defense last night I would have known that riddick and abdullah we're going to juke/cutback all the time. Obviously I wouldn't have been able to do anything since I haven't played football in 3 years (and even then I was a P/K lol!) But I still would have known. Some Of those fools we had out there looked genuinely surprised that the players we're hiking and jiving. Thats a low football iq 

12 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I believe he went out in the 4th quarter and didn't come back in.  I did not hear a reason for that.

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i missed it too, Dakich just said the DA left with a hip injury in the 4th qtr yesterday

Pagano didn't mention it at the presser yesterday. He just said Green and Robinson.

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i missed it too, Dakich just said the DA left with a hip injury in the 4th qtr yesterday

Dakich is clueless. That guy just regurgitates tweets he reads each day before his show. Doesn't even know the name of half the Colts players he talks about.

I think someone else would have picked that up by now if true. I haven't seen anything from Chappell, Wells, Holder, JMV, or Grady.

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Didn't they make it so you miss the following game if diagnosed with a concussion? 

I'm being 100% serious when I say that if I was playing defense last night I would have known that riddick and abdullah we're going to juke/cutback all the time. Obviously I wouldn't have been able to do anything since I haven't played football in 3 years (and even then I was a P/K lol!) But I still would have known. Some Of those fools we had out there looked genuinely surprised that the players we're hiking and jiving. Thats a low football iq 

By that point in the game I couldn't get mad anymore, it was apparent those guys didn't know what they were doing. They shouldn't be on a roster, and that's the coaches/managements fault. 

4 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Dakich is clueless. That guy just regurgitates tweets he reads each day before his show. Doesn't even know the name of half the Colts players he talks about.

I think someone else would have picked that up by now if true. I haven't seen anything from Chappell, Wells, Holder, JMV, or Grady.

Greg Doyle just mentioned it too....

4 hours ago, BCoop said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I would assume Robinson could be ready to go against Denver. Don't think he has a history of concussions and a week is usually a normal recovery timeframe with concussion protocol. Knee sprains are always tougher. It just depends how severe it is. I'm under the impression best case scenario is 2-3 weeks for a mild sprain. This is supported by what we saw with Mewhort. That would mean we need Geathers to get healthy quick for next weekend.

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Isn't a sprain a torn ligament though?

A sprain is "a wrench or twist the ligaments of (an ankle, wrist, or other joint) violently so as to cause pain and swelling but not dislocation."

Green was putting weight on his knee and walking around on his own on the sidelines.... he could be back at full speed this week, or it could take months depending on how bad he twisted his ligaments (I doubt he tore anything though, or we would probably know by now and he probably wouldn't have been walking around smiling on the sidelines later in the game).

3 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Yes, after week 1 he is definitely our #2 TE behind Doyle!!!!

No way -- Doyle played well, but Allen is still undoubtedly a better all around TE than Doyle.