Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury status?

Valpo2004

2 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Pretty difficult to tell it was a joke based on your post....

2 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Well Colts are paying him very good #1 money. Regardless of how much he gets outplayed by Doyle, Allen will obviously always be the #1 TE! So yeah, I was joking! But like I said for the money and durability, I would take Doyle! 

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Any word on Vontae?  I know he probably won't play this week, but what's the time frame?

Only time table I've seen reported at all was right after he got hurt and that was 2-4 weeks.  I think most of the local media felt it was going to be longer than that which is probably why they didn't ask.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't know what Robinson was thinking on that play he got the concussion.  The pile was coming right at him and he just ducked and rammed his head into it.  Very bad way to tackle.  Lucky it wasn't more than a concussion

I was just going to post about this.  When the play happened, I was like immediately thinking what the heck are you doing!?  It was a really stupid play, one that hurts the team.  He's gotta play smarter, for goodness sakes.  The play was effectively done and there was nothing for him to contribute, that coupled with the horrible way he needlessly stuck his head in there.  <roll eyes>

12 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Well Colts are paying him very good #1 money. Regardless of how much he gets outplayed by Doyle, Allen will obviously always be the #1 TE! So yeah, I was joking! But like I said for the money and durability, I would take Doyle! 

There is no doubt, at this point in time, that Allen is a far superior all-around TE than Doyle.  As far as durability goes, Doyle has never had to be more than a #3 TE or benchwarmer his whole career until now.  Hard to say he's much more durable than Allen when he's never been asked to do as much when on the field.