Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amarlo Herrera and Abou Toure released

RockThatBlue

No we don't.  If anything we have too many people competing for spots.

Antonio Morrison, Josh Mcnary, Edwin Jackson, Junior Sylvestre.  Plus in all likelihood you can include Nate Irving in that mix even though he'll be kind of back and forth.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

I tried finding tape on him but didn't find anything, his measurables were very nice though

There's no highlight film.  Just full college games that you have to watch to form an opinion.

Plus what I remembered when he was with the Colts last preseason.

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It is a bit surprising. We used a draft pick on him a year ago and we're not even attempting to stash him on the PS. .

Doesnt he have to clear waivers before they can try to sign him to the PS? 

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Doesnt he have to clear waivers before they can try to sign him to the PS? 

Yes. 

But you can't add him to the PS until the final 53 is set. If we planned to do that with him we went about it the entirely wrong way because he's much more likely to land with someone else right now during the expanded roster period simply because everyone has room. 

33 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yes. 

But you can't add him to the PS until the final 53 is set. If we planned to do that with him we went about it the entirely wrong way because he's much more likely to land with someone else right now during the expanded roster period simply because everyone has room. 

Don't think we have any plans of adding Herrera to the PS. When all the cuts are made we will probably see somebody like Edwin Jackson or Junior Sylvestre added to the PS from the current group we have.  I'm assuming we keep 5-6 linebackers on the active roster.  I think last year we had DQ, Jerrell Freeman, Josh Mcnary, Sio Moore, and Nate Irving.  This year I'm thinking it will come down to DQ, Sio Moore, Nate Irving, Antonio Morrison,Junior Sylvester.  Edwin Jackson looks like a baller so that competition between him and Junior Sylvester is one to watch during the preseason.  Edwin Jackson may edge Junior out if Junior doesn't come with his A game. 

15 hours ago, krunk said:

Not a surprise to me.  Almost everyone on the forum saw that one coming.  I wonder if we'll be bringing in a young Defensive Lineman?

Say what? 

I must be in the minority, because this is relatively shocking to me. 

I also personally don't see how McNary is any better than Herrera. 

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Herrera to the PS. Needs to clear waivers first.

You don't formulate the practice squad until you make final cuts which we are no where near doing.

Considering the timing of the cuts, he's likely gone for good.  

I am surprised by Herrera being cut this early.  I wouldn't have been surprised if it was at final cuts.  But cutting him this early pretty much indicates that he's not in our plans for the future. . . 

37 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Say what? 

I don't think Mcnary will make it either

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Say what? 

I get the feeling they just like him more....but I don't think either of them have any business on the roster...PS maybe....

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Yes. 

Well there is that.

:D lol

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

In most cases that is the culprit. 

Which leaves a little egg on our faces for drafting him if he can't even be a warm camp body during his second camp.

Well, we do have a new DC which know a thing or two about LBs, so maybe Herrera just doesn't fit the kind of players he want. But a bit weird to cut him already now, I'll grant that. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Which leaves a little egg on our faces for drafting him if he can't even be a warm camp body during his second camp.

We pretty much got two 6th round picks out of that draft if you include us picking up Tevin Mitchel after he was drafted by the Redskins..  Herrera is gone but we still have the other one in Tevin Mitchel.

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

He was a 6th rounder.  No egg on face.

4 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Why is mcnary still on the team???? Smh he's not good at all herrera was much better and he could've gotten better with time

He was slow wasn't going to do anything outside the box. I think the new DC is going to value speed and the ability to play sideline to sideline. You can't teach speed.

McNary is more versitale and helps on special teams. He's more valuable than Hererra. Although I'd be surprided if he doesn't get cut this year unless we have injuries.