Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amarlo Herrera and Abou Toure released

RockThatBlue

On August 10, 2016 at 7:29 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Herrera was pretty good last preseason from what I remember, seemed to have a decent command of the huddle. But hasn't shown much since. Bummer. We still got lots of other young guys who can potentially make an impact, and the team seems pretty high on Antonio Morrison 

Time for a pre-season reminder it's not just what you do in the pre-season that matters but who you are doing it against.  Holding your own but not doing anything special against another teams starters is going to impress the coaches more than having all kinds of stats against another teams third or fourth stringers.  

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Time for a pre-season reminder it's not just what you do in the pre-season that matters but who you are doing it against.  Holding your own but not doing anything special against another teams starters is going to impress the coaches more than having all kinds of stats against another teams third or fourth stringers.  

You're right. Was just pointing out what I had seen. Guess he never impressed enough against any actual viable competition. Either way I'm not losing any sleep over either of these cuts. 

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:36 PM, akcolt said:

He was slow wasn't going to do anything outside the box. I think the new DC is going to value speed and the ability to play sideline to sideline. You can't teach speed.

McNary is more versitale and helps on special teams. He's more valuable than Hererra. Although I'd be surprided if he doesn't get cut this year unless we have injuries. 

Speed doesn't mean much when you're not good at tackling