21isSuperman

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Manning1887 said:

I am really surprised we passed on Andrew Billings. There must be something wrong with him. Something off the field or something we are not aware of. 

It seems like Green is an interesting developmental prospect at corner. Great size and speed, but destined for special teams this year. 

Billings have been highly overrated as evident by all the teams passing on him.

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635020-tj-green-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-colts-rookie

"The national championship game highlighted an issue that shows up every week for Green—he’s a bad tackler. With 13 missed tackles in 2015, Green ranks as one of the worst tackling safeties in the country. And it’s not a physical issue, but a want-to issue. "

You can't miss a tackle if you never see the field.....

If we picked him to play CB then Grigson is an even bigger *. There's better corners available and Rashard Robinson AKA one of the best CB's in this class could be had in the 4th or maybe even the 5th. This kid best be shocker. And by that I mean come in and freaking ball out from week 1 on. I care about us winning NOW. Year by year. I want NOW players. I mean. Bad pick. What a joke of a man Ryan Grigson is.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

And by that I mean come in and freaking ball out from week 1 on. I care about us winning NOW. Year by year. I want NOW players. I mean. Bad pick. What a joke of a man Ryan Grigson is.

Nonsense.

Quit bellyaching.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Just my opinion.  He's a developmental guy, so he'll need at least a few years to get used to the position and the speed of the NFL.  I'm hoping I'm proven wrong, but I don't see it.

Yeah but with him being a developmental guy that would make it even more difficult to try to say what he can/can't be in the future. 

Feels like the Colts drafted an athlete and not a football player. I realize he is new to playing defense but it seems like a big risk. I think you take a risk on a pass rusher not a CB/S. (whichever position they see him playing) Plenty of other talented DBs still on the board who have proven skills.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Would you say the same for guys like Tom Brady, Richard Sherman, Robert Mathis?  All coaches, GMs, and scouts passed on them.

And how many times has that happened?

I'm sure all the people on fan forums predicted the above players to be what they are.

His stock was rising according to Rotoworld 

Rapsheet notes Green could be a late first round pick at corner, something Josh Norris projected in his last mock with the Cardinals at No. 29. Green stands 6-foot-3 and 209-pounds with outstanding athleticism and 32-inch arms. Those types rarely stay at safety and teams want to move them to corner, like Damarious Randall with the Packers last year. Green has a good chance to be drafted ahead of teammate Mackensie Alexander.

10 minutes ago, Aaron Sanders said:

Billings would be nice but from everything I have read and watched on him he was basically Chapman all over again. Didn't penetrate just held his ground was never a threat to the QB. We got rid of Chapman so really do we just want to sign the same player again?

From watching highlights, Billings can move much better than Chapman. Chapman had strength, and that was it. Billings in the highlights that I saw shows he can get after the QB as well.

2 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Yeah but with him being a developmental guy that would make it even more difficult to try to say what he can/can't be in the future. 

I'd be more comfortable putting the "future All-Pro" label on a guy with more experience and better play.  If you were to tell me Laremy Tunsil or Robert Nkemdiche are future All-Pros, I'd think that's realistic.  But a guy who hasn't even been playing the position for 3 years and ranked dead last among draft elligible safeties for coverage last year?

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Bro there's guys in the 2nd who will come in and ball out. But I doubt TJ Green will be one. He best be this years Ronald Darby is what he better be. Total nonsense

Okay, nostradamus. I'm sure you have it all figured out. And Billings is gonna be amazing from day 1, right?

Your expectations are naive.. bro.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Bro there's guys in the 2nd who will come in and ball out. But I doubt TJ Green will be one. He best be this years Ronald Darby is what he better be. Total nonsense

Rotoworld says he is more like Damarious Randall. 

Just to give my thoughts:

TJ Green has a ton of upside. Tackling and coverage is an issue but his speed and athleticism is great. 

Definitely not a reach. He was projected as a second round pick. 

20 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

So an in the box type safety? So Geathers basically?

No.  He's a centerfielder type.  ex wide receiver.  He has pretty good ball skills and with speed that can run guys down with the angle...unlike Adams.

Just now, MTC said:

Just to give my thoughts:

TJ Green has a ton of upside. Tackling and coverage is an issue but his speed and athleticism is great. 

Definitely not a reach. He was projected as a second round pick. 

Mayock had him ranked as a 4th round safety.  Not sure how he'd project him as a corner, but that doesn't bode well.  Of course, analysts can be wrong.

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

His stock was rising according to Rotoworld 

Rapsheet notes Green could be a late first round pick at corner, something Josh Norris projected in his last mock with the Cardinals at No. 29. Green stands 6-foot-3 and 209-pounds with outstanding athleticism and 32-inch arms. Those types rarely stay at safety and teams want to move them to corner, like Damarious Randall with the Packers last year. Green has a good chance to be drafted ahead of teammate Mackensie Alexander.

Good find. Not that it means this was a good pick but still makes me feel a bit better about it.

My thought on Green:

He's a FS whom started off as a WR..has Hands and ball skills.

Many see him as a shutdown man corner, but still very raw in open field tackling due to still learning.

FAST.  and not afraid to go into a box for blitzes or help in run game.

Overall, This is a Pagano project.  He see's the outstanding talent, and knows if coached well, he could be a superstar.

My grade B-.

((agree with many fans that it is weird that Billings is still on the boards.  someone knows something we do not)

Just now, DougDew said:

No.  He's a centerfielder type.  ex wide receiver.  He has pretty good ball skills and with speed that can run guys down with the angle...unlike Adams.

Has gonna need that speed to catch up to the WRs that destroy him with double-moves. 

1 minute ago, James said:

Okay, nostradamus. I'm sure you have it all figured out. And Billings is gonna be amazing from day 1, right?

Your expectations are naive.. bro.

Billings just has to be a better player than Green for this pick to be a mistake. I don't think Green sees the field this year aside from special teams, while Billings will most likely be in the D-line rotation.