Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Patrick Robinson visiting Colts tomorrow (Merge)

gnet550

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Hopefully......

1 Vontae Davis

2 Patrick Robinson

3 D'Joun Smith

4 Darius Butler

5 Tevin Mitchel

They may draft another DB in the draft. I wouldn't put it past them because Grigson was kind of non committal on Butler when he spoke about the Nickel position.  I think he wants Djoun to take it or one of the other young guys like Tevin.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

They may draft another DB in the draft. I wouldn't put it past them because Grigson was kind of non committal on Butler when he spoke about the Nickel position.  I think he wants Djoun to take it or one of the other young guys.

I wouldn't draft one early assuming we sign Robinson. We can do that the next year if need be. I wouldn't mind a CB in the 4th or so. I think Rashard Robinson could be there. I wouldn't mind him. Kid's got a ton of upside.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

I wouldn't draft one early assuming we sign Robinson. We can do that the next year if need be. I wouldn't mind a CB in the 4th or so. I think Rashard Robinson could be there. I wouldn't mind him. Kid's got a ton of upside.

I see what you're saying and it's sensible but I wouldn't mind a Secondary with Vontae, Patrick Robinson, Mackenzie Alexander, Djoun Smith and Tevin Mitchell. We'd be pretty deep and can still stack the linebacking corps.  Just thinking out loud here. Nothing concrete...

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I see what you're saying and it's sensible but I wouldn't mind a Secondary with Vontae, Patrick Robinson, Mackenzie Alexander, Djoun Smith and Tevin Mitchell. We'd be pretty deep and can still stack the linebacking corps. Just thinking out loud here. Nothing concrete...

Would be outstanding if this plays out with the CBs. And to the bolded, there's nothing more that would make me happier. Just one very good to great MLB/ILB can create havoc & inspiration that most defenses can feed from.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

After we sign Robinson lets sign Stefen Wisniewski and a TE for cheap to pair with Allen like Owen Daniels, Scott Chandler, or Jared Cook. 

Read Irsays article on Stampedeblue.  Looks to me like we'll probably draft a Center from his comments.

12 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Would be outstanding if this plays out with the CBs. And to the bolded, there's nothing more that would make me happier. Just one very good to great MLB/ILB can create havoc & inspiration that most defenses can feed from.

We could try to sign Brandon Marshall, but if we got him it would cost us a 2nd rounder.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Read Irsays article on Stampedeblue.  Looks to me like we'll probably draft a Center from his comments.

Yeah, and that's probably the best option, but I would like to see us sign one of those TE's. For several different reasons.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't know much about him... why is SD ready to cut ties with him after just one year?  He played out his rookie contract and NO then one year at SD... apparently they are seeing something they don't like.

The Chargers signed Casey Hayward, so they didn't need him back with Flowers, Verrett, and now Hayward. But Robinson had a really good season this past year. He was a 1st rounder, and he had a couple good years with New Orleans before having injury issues a year or 2. He's still young, and IMO should be a very good number 2 opposite Vontae. Light years ahead of Toler.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

We could try to sign Brandon Marshall, but if we got him it would cost us a 2nd rounder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Marshall still an exclusive rights free-agent? Has Denver made an offer yet? I'm sure they will. Combined with Miller, I can't see the Broncos letting him slide. Plus, he's going to want a pretty big money-maker contract. I think he's only been around the $500,000 mark or so thus far, plus he hit his bonus of roughly half that. As far as what that would cost Indy in picks/cash/contract? I have no idea.

I'd really prefer the Colts going the route of the draft & not costing us picks of any kind. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If they are messing around and making this up, they deserved to be banned.......... 

Its obviously made up man. There's nothing on the internet that says its done. I think they were either joking, or referring to the fact that usually when a player comes in to visit, Grigs ends up getting a deal done.