Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Krafts Classless Remark to Archie after Peyton gets 2nd ring

bayone

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep. Context is everything. I don't see what could be gained by Kraft coming out and firing shots for nothing. I was under the impression that both he and Tom are close with the Mannings.

I know Tom and Peyton have a good relationship off the field.  Even worked together heavily in the last CBA agreement. Not sure about Kraft, seems more concerned with buttering up Goodell and showing off for his ultra wealthy friends. 

It wouldn't bother me so much if he had said something valid or even funny, but this was just lame sour grapes. 

Everybody gets butthurt in the nfl if they don't win the big game. We all remember Peyton not shaking hands with the Saints when we lost the SB... It doesn't mean much and Kraft and Archie probably are friends still...

Lame remark, though. Brady isn't Kraft's son... He belongs to some guru who got arrested for being a con artist, right?... haha jk... Lots of ppl. are claiming Brady nowadays, come to think of it. 

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

And I see what you mean. However, many couldn't fathom out how the Pats could have possibly benefited from the filming fiasco. Yet, they did it. There must have been some benefit, obviously.

True...I don't know, I guess we'll see how all this plays out in the next couple of days and if any important clarifications are made.

40 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I know Tom and Peyton have a good relationship off the field.  Even worked together heavily in the last CBA agreement. Not sure about Kraft, seems more concerned with buttering up Goodell and showing off for his ultra wealthy friends. 

I think Jeff Saturday said Kraft was a huge part in getting that last deal done too. Not necessarily meaning he and Peyton were close during that entire process, but just something to consider. I'd probably like to show off to my friends if I was filthy rich too though haha I'd probably buy something impractical like a chocolate pudding pool complete with a ladder and slide...

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Just speculating here - I have no idea why he said what he did.  All I do know is that it really means less than nothing. 

I just believe he is not jealous of anything nor do I think he feels anything along the lines of remorse over how his teams achieved what they did.  In fact I would hazard a pretty educated guess that he is proud of their accomplishments.

So, your point is, that whatever Kraft meant, it meant so little to him, that he took the time and energy to come up with a counterpoint to make in front of the national media about something that isn't worth his time...

I'm Robert Kraft-ing all over your face right now if you haven't noticed...

4 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I see what you mean. But I'm still gonna wait to hear the full extent of the conversation Kraft was having. I know some won't give him the benefit of the doubt like you said, but I just don't see what he would possibly hope to accomplish by coming out and talking trash, especially after what happened a few weeks ago.

What's there to figure out? Whats left to be played out???

Kraft opted to make a somewhat snide remark. Either he & the Mannings are on such good terms that its just banter & good natured 'ribbing' between competitors, or its a jab tinged in jealousy & a slight meant to one-up Manning in the midst of his victory, or more than likely its some combination of the two...

6 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Just speculating here - I have no idea why he said what he did.  All I do know is that it really means less than nothing. 

I just believe he is not jealous of anything nor do I think he feels anything along the lines of remorse over how his teams achieved what they did.  In fact I would hazard a pretty educated guess that he is proud of their accomplishments.

You don't show pride in your accomplishments by stepping on someone else's.

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

What's there to figure out? Whats left to be played out???

Kraft opted to make a somewhat snide remark. Either he & the Mannings are on such good terms that its just banter & good natured 'ribbing' between competitors, or its a jab tinged in jealousy & a slight meant to one-up Manning in the midst of his victory, or more than likely its some combination of the two...

I doubt any of the Mannings are losing any sleep over this. Could it be a friendly jab? Maybe. Could it be some kind of random lashing out? Well that's possible too. I'm not gonna pretend like I know the answer myself lol.

Kraft crawled out of his den and sayd something, just some self centered classless comment that just solidifies the D bag everyone knows he is. And by he way your "son, who must be adobted or something" is 4-1 in the playoffs vs he Manning family, and we all know you cheated as well. So just go crawl back in your hole with the rest of pats nation

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Kraft crawled out of his den and sayd something, just some self centered classless comment that just solidifies the D bag everyone knows he is. And by he way your "son, who must be adobted or something" is 4-1 in the playoffs vs he Manning family, and we all know you cheated as well. So just go crawl back in your hole with the rest of pats nation

4-1?

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Eli is 2-0 vs Brady in SB's, Peyton 3-1 in Championships games = 5-1 Manning's.

Rings are huge when ranking QB's, it's real evident now because of the way everyone in the media is treating Peyton this week. Now everyone is calling him a TRUE winner, even Magic Johnson all of the sudden is calling him a great champion. Everyone now pretty much ranks him in the Top 5 QB's of all-time as well. I have always thought they are huge and a QB should at least win 1 to complete their resume but MVP's and Stats is a measure of how great the player is. Tom like Bradshaw won Rings because of their Defense mainly. The first 3 Rings Tom won the Patriots were loaded on Defense, the last won he was saved by an INT at the end because Seattle didn't give the ball to Lynch. I am glad Lynch is retiring from that team. They screwed him out of a sure MVP. He didn't even want to play last year going by his body language after what happened. Seattle will never win another SB without Lynch, you can book that prediction.

I will never forget what Bill Russell once said. He said anyone can win 1 Championship whether it's by luck or just a team having 1 special season but once you win 2 you prove it is not a fluke. I am happy for once Peyton didn't have to carry his team and had a Defense that showed up. In 2006 Peyton had to win that game vs the Patriots, we gave up 27 points (the other 7 was his fault - pick 6) and Peyton had to provide a game winning drive to pull it out 38-34. Our Defense played well vs the Ravens and Bears but against the Pats they did not.

13 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It wouldn't bother me so much if he had said something valid or even funny, but this was just lame sour grapes. 

Everybody gets butthurt in the nfl if they don't win the big game. We all remember Peyton not shaking hands with the Saints when we lost the SB... It doesn't mean much and Kraft and Archie probably are friends still...

Lame remark, though. Brady isn't Kraft's son... He belongs to some guru who got arrested for being a con artist, right?... haha jk... Lots of ppl. are claiming Brady nowadays, come to think of it. 

Peyton went to the Saints locker room to talk to drew brees after all the celebrations were done.  Same thing with Tom and peyton. A lot of times they wait till after the game to really talk.  

11 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Bitter that they have had the most successful football franchise since 2001?

Obviously felt like he had to one-up the Mannings in their moment in the sun...

I mean who does that?

I mean can you imagine a dad doing that at a kids soccer game, coming up to a kids dasd after a kid wins and feels so compelled to say, " well my kid, who isnt even really my kid, has won more..."

Its pathetic...

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

He does sound bitter. Why would he take some asinine shot at the Mannings like that for?

He could be bitter, but it seemed more of a comment made from someone that is insecure about their place in NFL history.

When I first read that, I thought about posting a topic, but I thought maybe I was just reading too deeply into it. It continued to bother me though. Glad to see this topic popped up, vindicating my beliefs.

I just don't understand why Kraft has to act this way when all 31 other owners don't seem to do this. Yea, some have their drug issues, or get caught with women less than half their age, but how many openly mouth off like this about how many Superbowl rings their star QB has over another? Just hang a fricking banner at the home stadium, and let the fans do the talking.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rings are huge when ranking QB's, it's real evident now because of the way everyone in the media is treating Peyton this week. Now everyone is calling him a TRUE winner, even Magic Johnson all of the sudden is calling him a great champion. Everyone now pretty much ranks him in the Top 5 QB's of all-time as well. I have always thought they are huge and a QB should at least win 1 to complete their resume but MVP's and Stats is a measure of how great the player is. Tom like Bradshaw won Rings because of their Defense mainly. The first 3 Rings Tom won the Patriots were loaded on Defense, the last won he was saved by an INT at the end because Seattle didn't give the ball to Lynch. I am glad Lynch is retiring from that team. They screwed him out of a sure MVP. He didn't even want to play last year going by his body language after what happened. Seattle will never win another SB without Lynch, you can book that prediction.

No offense, but that's pretty much garbage.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

No offense, but that's pretty much garbage.

No offense taken but please explain. I am going by how the media has acted all week. Before Denver won Sunday all you heard all week is how Peyton chokes in big games. After he won Sunday now everyone thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Also Brady and Bradshaw have always had their Defenses step up in big moments in the SB. Like last season with the INT at the end.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No offense taken but please explain. I am going by how the media has acted all week. Before Denver won Sunday all you heard all week is how Peyton chokes in big games. After he won Sunday now everyone thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Also Brady and Bradshaw have always had their Defenses step up in big moments in the SB. Like last season with the INT at the end.

The importance of winning multiple Super Bowls.  i will take Marino over some, if not most, of the guys that have won multiple Super Bowls.

* I see you where talking about how the press ranks them, my bad....

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The importance of winning multiple Super Bowls.  i will take Marino over some, if not most, of the guys that have won multiple Super Bowls.

* I see you where talking about how the press ranks them, my bad....

Yeah that is how the media has acted is what I meant. I also agree I would take Marino over several of the QB's that have won 1. Jim Plunkett won 2 and Marino was a lot better IMO.

32 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

Doug Flutie may want a piece of that action....when his conscience knaws at him enough.....he'll talk about his not so little secret again.....then Kraft will have to defend basic human honor again :)

What are you referring to? That is a serious question. What "little secret" does Doug Flutie have that pertains to this thread?

This maybe?

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

Taken from this article.....

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

God's work ;)

4:15 in

it's inexpensive and the author has collected all the documented information

use the electronic to link to the quoted information

http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary-ebook/dp/B008PYP83C/ref=la_B00J4BSORM_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455561063&sr=1-1

here is a longer video of same interview with some DGate too.

The NFEntertainment is FIXED and continue to try to hide the reality to the public who don't believe it!!