Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No big changes are needed for 2016

azcolt

Irsay is obviously happy with the direction of the team. Four year extensions for coach and GM tell it all. So I wish people would stop all of the threads about big changes in the roster and the assistant coaches. It's not happening. Hopefully the AFC South will continue to stink for those four years.

23 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Irsay is obviously happy with the direction of the team. Four year extensions for coach and GM tell it all. So I wish people would stop all of the threads about big changes in the roster and the assistant coaches. It's not happening. Hopefully the AFC South will continue to stink for those four years.

I doubt the South will stink for 4 years. Jags need a better coach and their QB is not the answer  either. Titans are 4 years away, and Texans may be the team to give the Colts problems..

I am sure the colts will pick up 3 running backs and 4 wide receivers in the draft, and get another couple running backs and receivers in free agency.  

And then when all the free agent money is gone they will pick up some 3rd string corners and offensive line who were good 10 years ago.

54 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Doesnt exactly give many Colts fans optimism does it? They basically are the same team they were back in 2012 and have not built the monster. 

57 minutes ago, azcolt said:

So that's the plan? Hope our division sucks while we suck a little less?

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Incorrect. 

There are a lot of changes needed. 

It would also be insanely foolish to think the AFC South will automatically suck for years. 

Let me just toss this out there.  The GM who I really don't like is a newbie at the GM position and Pagano who I really do like is also a newbie at the HC position.  Mr. Irsay got unfortunately removed from monitoring the team's Coach and GM by the NFL and the kindly GM kind of overstepped in grabbing the controls from Irsay's  girls that were grateful for the help. The GM and the HC did not see eye to eye on what was needed and  because of their lack of experience and perhaps business maturity they were unable to work together.  Push met with push back and perhaps the GM wanting to show everyone who the boss was ignored the pleas for Offensive line help.  The HC got told to win with what he was given and when all the QB's went down including the franchise QB the GM tried to insert himself further into influencing who the coaching  staff played visa vie his pressure on coordinators.  Irsay comes back and really isn't ready to deal with the bickering between the newbie GM and HC, so he just lets things run on with little interference thinking surely they'll find a way to make the playoffs in the lame South division and by then Luck will be back, and after all the second season is the only one that matters.  But, it didn't run that way and so he had to take two steps back and make a decision based upon his years of experience.   He knows he has a good HC who in reality is still learning to cope with dealing with his players, his coaches, and the front office.  Irsay also knows he has a newbie GM that has made some really bad calls; i.e. Richardson  but he has also made some brilliant acquisitions, i.e. Gore.  Irsay expects errors because he knows football is a game and not a science no matter how much the boys with rulers and stop watches want it to be.  So Irsay  takes back some of the powers the GM had grabbed in his absence and assures the HC he'll get an Offensive Line by working with the GM to pick the best available players.  Irsay puts himself back where he should have been all along, as mentor to two rookies who are still learning and going to be learning  for some time.  Mr. Irsay really doesn't enjoy throwing people under the bus.  So here we go, lets see if the wiley old football seer can manage two rookie leaders and mold them into something spectacular.  I've seen that twinkle in Jim Irsay's eyes before and I believe if anyone can build a team where none exists, he can.  Godspeed Mr. Irsay,  Godspeed Staff and GO COLTS!

32 minutes ago, TD said:

Let me just toss this out there.  The GM who I really don't like is a newbie at the GM position and Pagano who I really do like is also a newbie at the HC position.  Mr. Irsay got unfortunately removed from monitoring the team's Coach and GM by the NFL and the kindly GM kind of overstepped in grabbing the controls from Irsay's  girls that were grateful for the help. The GM and the HC did not see eye to eye on what was needed and  because of their lack of experience and perhaps business maturity they were unable to work together.  Push met with push back and perhaps the GM wanting to show everyone who the boss was ignored the pleas for Offensive line help.  The HC got told to win with what he was given and when all the QB's went down including the franchise QB the GM tried to insert himself further into influencing who the coaching  staff played visa vie his pressure on coordinators.  Irsay comes back and really isn't ready to deal with the bickering between the newbie GM and HC, so he just lets things run on with little interference thinking surely they'll find a way to make the playoffs in the lame South division and by then Luck will be back, and after all the second season is the only one that matters.  But, it didn't run that way and so he had to take two steps back and make a decision based upon his years of experience.   He knows he has a good HC who in reality is still learning to cope with dealing with his players, his coaches, and the front office.  Irsay also knows he has a newbie GM that has made some really bad calls; i.e. Richardson  but he has also made some brilliant acquisitions, i.e. Gore.  Irsay expects errors because he knows football is a game and not a science no matter how much the boys with rulers and stop watches want it to be.  So Irsay  takes back some of the powers the GM had grabbed in his absence and assures the HC he'll get an Offensive Line by working with the GM to pick the best available players.  Irsay puts himself back where he should have been all along, as mentor to two rookies who are still learning and going to be learning  for some time.  Mr. Irsay really doesn't enjoy throwing people under the bus.  So here we go, lets see if the wiley old football seer can manage two rookie leaders and mold them into something spectacular.  I've seen that twinkle in Jim Irsay's eyes before and I believe if anyone can build a team where none exists, he can.  Godspeed Mr. Irsay,  Godspeed Staff and GO COLTS!

Hmmm.  You just joined the forum this past Friday.  Ok - are you an Irsay family member, or a member of the Colts PR staff?   :^)

1 hour ago, cbear said:

We get a decent pick in the draft, get Luck and Anderson back.  Dorsett, Parry get another year's experience. Maybe sign a couple FAs (Weddle??) and we're set.  It's not like we're the Browns or Titans.  

Yeah let's sign another guy who is old because that worked so well Andrea Johnson Herrmann and Trent cole

35 minutes ago, Jim H. said:

Hmmm.  You just joined the forum this past Friday.  Ok - are you an Irsay family member, or a member of the Colts PR staff?   :^)

I used to stand in line in Baltimore just to see Johnny U. head into the stadium; couldn't afford a ticket.  So no I'm new to this forum but not new to the trends of the Irsay family, the Colts family, or pro football.

4 hours ago, azcolt said:

;-) And Next, Big changes to the roster are coming Sooooooon! lol

2 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Yeah let's sign another guy who is old because that worked so well Andrea Johnson Herrmann and Trent cole

You can pick and choose to make your argument, but I still think we are not that far off.  

16 hours ago, TD said:

I used to stand in line in Baltimore just to see Johnny U. head into the stadium; couldn't afford a ticket.  So no I'm new to this forum but not new to the trends of the Irsay family, the Colts family, or pro football.

Sorry for the slight, sir.  Your item was so well written, I was sure it was from a Colts front office mole.  #19 is the reason I am a Colts fan.  :^)

9 hours ago, cjrulli said:

To be honest our defense was nowhere near as bad as many of you are making it out to be. Go back and rewatch every single game...If we had any kind of help from a dead offense the entire year our defense would have looked fantastic.

Fantastic?  It was almost ranked dead last.  Yes, a better offense would have helped, but not to that extent.

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Fantastic?  It was almost ranked dead last.  Yes, a better offense would have helped, but not to that extent.

Maybe fantastic was a bit of a reach, but in my opinion they would have easily been top 15 if our offense actually helped out. 

There are changes needed for the team. I don't think Irsay is happy about how things just "are".

I think Irsay realizes this season was a bit of a lost cause and ending 8-8 wasn't "that bad" considering the circumstances with the revolving door at QB. 

On 1/5/2016 at 1:40 PM, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

I agree , no point in complaining about keeping Pagano, Grigson and assistants. But Hoping the AFC South gets weaker for the next four years isn't how we

improve.  Unless of course all the other divisions also get weaker then our chances will improve.  

The Sack Pack....old school, like that

On January 5, 2016 at 0:06 PM, azcolt said:

You are dead wrong. HUGE changes are needed. Things like cheaper beer, snacks, and a speedier urinal system would help a lot :) maybe even a way to handle all of those things right from your stadium seat. :scratch:

On 1/5/2016 at 2:52 PM, Solon said:

In all seriousness, we're not that far off from being a SB contender. It's going to be interesting to see if Pagano's pregame preparation improves next season. 

Finally, a post not written by someone in a straight jacket.

If we can go 8-8 with what we had, we ain't that far away folks. The line between good and bad in the NFL is pretty small.