Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay needs to go (the older one)

steveeoaktree33

Okay, I have tried to refrain from posting this for MANY months but it's time for OC Irsay to relinquish control to his daughter. From his *ic behaviors to the (rumors or truth) micromanagement of coaches, heck this could take awhile to complete.... Admittedly, I am one of us who yells at the screen every game wondering why we don't try to run the ball more this year. I realize Griggo and Pagano aren't perfect. But everything starts at the top. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all of them --  Carlie please take them away .

PS Hey Jon Gruden, do you have plans for the next few years?

2 hours ago, steveeoaktree33 said:

Okay, I have tried to refrain from posting this for MANY months but it's time for OC Irsay to relinquish control to his daughter. From his *ic behaviors to the (rumors or truth) micromanagement of coaches, heck this could take awhile to complete.... Admittedly, I am one of us who yells at the screen every game wondering why we don't try to run the ball more this year. I realize Griggo and Pagano aren't perfect. But everything starts at the top. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all of them --  Carlie please take them away .

Ummm,  that's not happening any time soon

2 hours ago, steveeoaktree33 said:

Irsay's not going anywhere, Carlie's on Twitter, and Gruden's not leaving his lucrative ESPN contract to put in 70 hour work weeks in the NFL again.

Yeah he's gonna be around....  just makes it real tough to know or see the true plan. The draft order is based on the number of wins, not necessarily how "good" a team is. Along with the rumors of starting player decisions coming from upstairs, what is the TRUE status of Luck? Has the rift between Irsay, Grigs and Pagano hurt team chemistry this season? Before this season, we were a team that looked totally committed to Pagano, and would never give up. Are we laying eggs, holding Luck out, and whatever else, to position ourselves better in the draft? To get rid of Pagano? Are we really "trying" to win every game? I realize that injuries have hurt us, but it has many teams. I am not normally one to be so negative but it looks like a "rebuilding" period of time is about to begin.

Irsay has actually been much better the last year and left football decisions to the football guys just like he used to do during the Polian era. Things have happened behind closed doors more than via twitter or social media with Irsay, like they should.

Irsay is doing just fine. 

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Jim Irsay is actually a well respected owner by his peers, by all accounts.  He also is pretty young for NFL owners..... I wouldn't plan on Jim leaving anytime soon.

At one time, Irsay said he would be retiring when Peyton Manning retired.  Obviously plans changed, so who knows what he's thinking now, but at one time he was prepared to be retiring around this year or next year.

6 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

At one time, Irsay said he would be retiring when Peyton Manning retired.  Obviously plans changed, so who knows what he's thinking now, but at one time he was prepared to be retiring around this year or next year.

I think that was Polian who said that.

3 hours ago, steveeoaktree33 said:

Yeah he's gonna be around....  just makes it real tough to know or see the true plan. The draft order is based on the number of wins, not necessarily how "good" a team is. Along with the rumors of starting player decisions coming from upstairs, what is the TRUE status of Luck? Has the rift between Irsay, Grigs and Pagano hurt team chemistry this season? Before this season, we were a team that looked totally committed to Pagano, and would never give up. Are we laying eggs, holding Luck out, and whatever else, to position ourselves better in the draft? To get rid of Pagano? Are we really "trying" to win every game? I realize that injuries have hurt us, but it has many teams. I am not normally one to be so negative but it looks like a "rebuilding" period of time is about to begin.

image.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Superman said:

Oh, I missed that. Thanks. That was 7 years ago now, with Manning's injury and departure not being on anyone's mind. I wonder if that's changed at all.

Yeah that's why I said "obviously things changed..." in my first post.  No idea what the plan is now.  Just wanted to point out that, at least back in Nov 2008, Irsay was prepared to be retiring around this time (plus/minus a year or 2) so I don't think him still being a relatively young owner is going to factor into his decision. :)

Then again, Jim could throw a curveball and still go ahead and retire when Peyton does. lol

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Yeah that's why I said "obviously things changed..." in my first post.  No idea what the plan is now.  Just wanted to point out that, at least back in Nov 2008, Irsay was prepared to be retiring around this time (plus/minus a year or 2) so I don't think him still being a relatively young owner is going to factor into his decision. :)

Then again, Jim could throw a curveball and still go ahead and retire when Peyton does. lol

Peyton isn't retired yet, so that could still be the plan. Would be kind of weird though.

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I wouldn't say he needs to go now but he need to tighten up with the coaching staff stop being soft hearted and giving it's gonna be ok speech start chewing guys out the aggression has to come from somewhere 

1. You have no idea how Irsay is with the coaching staff.

2. No, chewing guys out is not always the best way.  Different people respond to different types of coaching.  Good coaches/leaders figure out the best ways for their guys to learn and adapt.

12 hours ago, steveeoaktree33 said:

Because you have refrained from posting this nonsense does not make it any better.

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

1. You have no idea how Irsay is with the coaching staff.

2. No, chewing guys out is not always the best way.  Different people respond to different types of coaching.  Good coaches/leaders figure out the best ways for their guys to learn and adapt.

Ok you can say that but it's pretty evident irsay isn't a rough guy he's been showing his soft side he has never went out and said something before about making any changes yeah he made a statement this season about running the ball but look how that turned out they didn't stick to it and chewing someone out would help from time to time to keep the guys in check it has been the same scenario this season I know irsay is tired of it one way or another so why not light the fire under their behinds? Gotta do something different 

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

That's a misquote. Actually it's Jim Irsay & Ryan Grigson who are having the affair, not that there's anything wrong with that or anything

I thought it was Carly Simon and Meg Ryan. Not that there's anything wrong with that, either.