Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whitehurst claimed by the Colts

RockThatBlue

Hmmmmm....they call him 'Checkdown Charlie'...we can use some of that action for a change.

This is going to be weird with Hasselbeck and Charlie at QB...the ball comes out quick and short...the O-line isn't going to know what to do with all that spare time as they are accustomed to trying to hold their blocks for 10 seconds plus while Andrew runs around back there waiting for a receiver to get open.

Hmmmmm....they call him 'Checkdown Charlie'...we can use some of that action for a change.

This is going to be weird with Hasselbeck and Charlie at QB...the ball comes out quick and short...the O-line isn't going to know what to do with all that spare time as they are accustomed to trying to hold their blocks for 10 seconds plus while Andrew runs around back there waiting for a receiver to get open.

I thought Andrew got it out quick on Sunday plenty. I think with Chud now we will be seeing that a lot from any of our QB's.

Decent move. Costs $117,647/week, $1.06m if he's on the roster for the rest of the season. He's a reasonably capable guy for a backup, he's been in a lot of competitive situations and has been around a lot of good offensive coaches and QBs. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to compete for a spot in 2016.

I could live with that. I had my eye on Henne looking at FA's in 2016. We need a back up with experience that can hold down the fort when Matt retires.

Hopefully Luck gets better at protecting himself but he's always going to have some of that competitive recklessness. It's in his blood. He will take the hit to deliver the ball, take on a defender for a 1st down, and tackle out of frustration after a turnover.

Is this recent data, or 9 years ago from the 2006 Draft?

It's Draft/Pro Day data.

Mileage/years affect(s) measurables, to an extent.  Because he has stayed in the game and in shape, he should still be in the vicinity of those numbers.  Not like he has taken a beating.

Although, I'm pretty positive the height data is still "fresh." :D

Like Ricker182 said, he is not a good QB and the Colts will be in trouble if MH gets hurt and they have to depend on Charlie.  But the pickens are slim when looking for a back-up QB during week 9 of the season and he is probably about the best of the bad.

He's a decent player..and the option is to get someone who has never started a game...

////CW has won NFL games....

Decent move. Costs $117,647/week, $1.06m if he's on the roster for the rest of the season. He's a reasonably capable guy for a backup, he's been in a lot of competitive situations and has been around a lot of good offensive coaches and QBs. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to compete for a spot in 2016.

$941,176  according to Spotrac

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/charlie-whitehurst/

Not bad for 8 weeks of (non) work, plus any post season.

Eight weeks, not 9. I don't know why I thought there were nine weeks remaining. Anyways, Spotrac's total should be correct.