Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Dwayne Allen on the trade block

RockThatBlue

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another player who could be on the move at the end of the season, or perhaps some time on Tuesday, is Indianapolis Colts tight end Dwayne Allen. Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star noted on Monday evening that he "can't see a plausible scenario" where the pending free-agent re-signs with the Colts, guessing that Allen is as "good as gone." Perhaps that means Allen could be dealt before the deadline, as ESPN's Mike Wells suggested in Tuesday's NFL preview.

Sounds pretty vague. Since he probably won't be back next year, I don't guess its too much of a reach to think he might be traded. Guess we will see.

http://www.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors

Even if we don't trade him, I highly doubt he'll re-sign with us in the offseason given how criminally he's been under utilized. For him to have 9 rec 75 yds on the season is a damn travesty. I'm pretty sure teams like Arizona & Atlanta would be ecstatic to have him. 

Even if we don't trade him, I highly doubt he'll re-sign with us in the offseason given how criminally he's been under utilized. For him to have 9 rec 75 yds on the season is a damn travesty. I'm pretty sure teams like Arizona & Atlanta would be ecstatic to have him. 

Steelers???

Arizona and the Steelers are my top 2 targets for DA.

Even if we don't trade him, I highly doubt he'll re-sign with us in the offseason given how criminally he's been under utilized. For him to have 9 rec 75 yds on the season is a damn travesty. I'm pretty sure teams like Arizona & Atlanta would be ecstatic to have him.

That's more of an indictment on a qb who can't throw to him while he's standing still.

I got the push earlier too.

Not really surprising to me. I never thought we would keep both Fleener and Allen anyway.

I am good with Fleener, Doyle, and a TE draft pick next season.

I hope we don't use a pick on a tight end next year.

I'd like another draft like this years....    one high pick on offense (a lineman)   and the rest through the 5th round (we've traded our 6th) to be used on defense,  defense, and more defense.

We have tons of defensive needs.  

Perhaps we can grab a tight end in free agency....

Allen is hands down our best TE.  To me Fleener only has him in speed.  But as far as hands, blocking and route running goes Allen is superior in all those elements than Fleener.  This wouldn't be that big of a blow to us this year b/c we aren't using him/he's been hurt but going forward we would miss him greatly.