Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fans of Opposing Teams on Colts Forum

18Manning

I'm just curious, how much time do you fans of other teams spend on your team's forum? I don't have a problem at all with anyone being on the Colts forum. I'm mostly curious. I see so many of you with so many posts. As much time as you spend here, I wonder how much time you spend there (posts equating to time). Would you say you post more here than there? Why do you spend so much time on the Colts forum? Again, I'm only curious. I signed up for the Pats and Broncos forums. I have only posted a few times on each and haven't done so in quite a while.

That is easy to answer. They are jealous of the second-comings we have drafted with the number 1 overall picks. 

Simply put, they are jealous of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind references, Gramz and others.  It's nice to be appreciated.  I joined here the week prior to a Chargers/Colts playoff game, probably in 2007. There have been so many migrations of this forum it's lost in the clouds.   I'm a seriously lousy trash talker, I just enjoy the small nature of this forum, the "nice midwestern folks" and the informed football discussion for the most part without a great deal of hubris and cockiness.  

I became a Chargers fan in 1970 in junior high school - so I'm dating myself.  My runner up team became the Colts in all those years that we didn't make the playoffs (we seem to be there again...).  So I came over here to wish you guys well the week prior to the game and was so warmly welcomed I never left.

I do frequent the Charger's message board, but it can get so vicious after a disappointing loss like this week, that I prefer being here for perspective.  My handle is the same where ever I go so my comments are easy to track and will be consistent - no two-faced stuff.  I'm actually tougher on my fellow fans there than I am here.  The guys get a kick out of it when I gently but effectively call out a young ignorant fan  :)  There used to be a couple ladies there but I haven't seen them for years.  I might be it, here there are quite a few of us and that makes it a special kind of fun.  

I'm here because I'm a student of the game and enjoy learning from those here that know so much more than I

I don't care for the opposing fans of the two faced variety. As far as the rest, I have no problem with them posting here

same way with me girlsarefanstoo and NFLfan like grams said are both really great to talk to but the trolls drive me freaking nuts and I'm sure you know who I'm talking about

I don't mind the regular "outsiders", like Qwiz, amfootball, Bogie, etc. They're regulars to me and are mostly reasonable. I don't like the one week posters who just come on here to troll, but the mods do a pretty good job of sniffing them out and shutting them down...you don't see a lot of it here. I typically don't post on other fan forums...and it's impossible to read the ESPN comment section anymore. The old version used to get spammed a ton, especially during big games. People just reposting thousands of smiley faces, etc. it got really bad. But the Facebook redesign is bad too, bc unless you're on a desktop/laptop, it is impossible to sort the posts in chronological order. There will be a post from 5 hours prior next to a post from 5 minutes ago. So, that site is pretty much useless.

I am glad we have a good forum that is pretty civil. I've been on some of the others in the past and it's ridiculous and impossible to have a reasonable conversation....and I'm talking the official team forums. Philly fans threatened my life in 2010 (Internet tough guy crap) and the mods did nothing. It was all talk of course, but it really made me appreciate this place.

This Site absolutely blows ESPN out of the water. The Mods here do a fantastic job compared to over there and there is no Spam. I wish I would've signed up here years ago but just never did because I was with ESPN. Regarding the people that are Posting that the Pats fans that Post here are jealous is why they Post here. - I don't think they are jealous but they RESPECT our franchise and what we have accomplished is my take on that. They have Tom so I doubt they are jealous. They also know Peyton is Great and Andrew is Very Good with the potential to be Great. It's a mutual respect because the Pats IMO have been so great over the last 15 years it just gets taken for granted by a lot of people they will just win every week.

Yeah I like both of these people too = Girlz and NFLFan. I really haven't seen to many opposing fans on here causing trouble (if any) but I haven't been here near as long as most of you.

There was a seahawks fan on here about a year or so ago that was just awful. I think they got banned cause I haven't seen them since. He used to post about how Vontae Davis sucks and other crap. Was a huge troll.

Other than that I enjoy other teams fans posting over here too.

To follow that up, we aren't the Jets or Dolphins where we haven't won a SB in 40 years+. I really most doubt Pats fans can even take those fanbases serious. At least we have won a SB in the last 10 seasons and beat the Pats/Tom to get there when we did so. Not only that we always win at least 10 games every season since 2002 with the exception of the year Peyton was out. Even Andrew has 3 straight 11 win seasons.

There was a seahawks fan on here about a year or so ago that was just awful. I think they got banned cause I haven't seen them since. He used to post about how Vontae Davis sucks and other crap. Was a huge troll.

When I posted over at ESPN which was in 2012, Luck's rookie season. The worst fans were Dolphins fans (during that game and after) and Seahawks fans in general. Seahawks fans were just bad because of the Wilson/Luck debates going on so it's understandable. The RG3 fans were really bad as well. I stumbled upon cbssports after 2012 and Posted there for a year. They had a great Football Thread and great Posters there but then they re did their Site after that season so it ruined everything. I didn't Post at all last season but finally decided to check this out. I have always came to this Site but never have came to this part of it for some reason to read anything. I actually Posted at ESPN from 2009-2012.

When I posted over at ESPN which was in 2012, Luck's rookie season. The worst fans were Dolphins fans (during that game and after) and Seahawks fans in general. Seahawks fans were just bad because of the Wilson/Luck debates going on so it's understandable. The RG3 fans were really bad as well. I stumbled upon cbssports after 2012 and Posted there for a year. They had a great Football Thread and great Posters there but then they re did their Site after that season so it ruined everything. I didn't Post at all last season but finally decided to check this out. I have always came to this Site but never have came to this part of it for some reason to read anything.

This is a great forum for sure. I have a lot of free time at work so I usually am lurking on here or even posting. I think I'm addicted lol

I became a Chargers fan in 1970 in junior high school - so I'm dating myself.  My runner up team became the Colts in all those years that we didn't make the playoffs (we seem to be there again...).  So I came over here to wish you guys well the week prior to the game and was so warmly welcomed I never left.

junior high plus 2015 minus 1970 equals............ oh never mind.........

29?

I believe the fan you are referring to called himself "The Dude". There is another Seahawks fan here (Robinson?) but he was a classy fan.

I'm just curious, how much time do you fans of other teams spend on your team's forum?

Like many of the non-Colts fans have stated here, I don't enjoy any other forum as much as this one. The Vikings have at least 4 forums. I signed up with one but only Vikes fans post there. I prefer forums where I can read differing opinions from other fans. I do enjoy our SB Nation site, The Daily Norseman, where many opposing fans share their thoughts and insight.

What I like about the Colts forum is that there are many intelligent fans that post on various subjects/topics. While I come mostly to read about football, I enjoy the Baseball thread, the music and movie threads, the book threads (thanks SCC), and the Draft/Free Agency section. I like that we have so many fans that freely share their knowledge. I enjoy Dustin's scouting reports. Track Guy is the person to consult regarding everything about offensive linemen. (Track Guy is one of the best Colts fans that no one knows about.) Brent and Jay Kirk are baseball experts. SW1 is our movie critic and music savant. LuckIsAwesome and Amfootball create threads to keep us talking/writing.

The mods do a great job of keeping the forum free of offensive and inflammatory language which I appreciate greatly.

This is the best forum around and while I am not a Colts fan, the content and many of the posters keep me coming back every day. :) :)

That's is great. This board does have a great base of friendly poster.

Gramz, after reading your last line I could not help but think about this commercial (one of my favorites for NFL clothes)

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Cip/nfl-shop-vikings-bengals-eagles-steelers-cowboys-family

I thought of that same commercial when I read the post by Gramz. I too like that commercial but many Vikings fans who post on forums/blogs don't particularly care for it.

Sure you are. Why else would you spend so much time here?

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I joined 10 years ago after 'lurking' for a few before it. I don't belong to any Patriots boards because I don't see the appeal of sitting around holding hands, patting each other on the back and sharing the same opinion about everything. I was much more interested in hearing my rival's point of view and getting their perspective about things. I found it a welcoming forum and have maintained some good 'online' relationships with many, so I never left. Heck, there was even a time when I would get my Patriots news here because it was posted by Colts fans before I even hear it on the local airwaves! 

But to answer your question, I spend so much time here because I too consider it my 'home' board. I tend to stick primarily to the NFL General section, but I assure you it has nothing to do with jealousy...just a healthy curiosity of how opposing fans feel about issues I care about.

This board has consistently for years been one of the best forums I have witnessed. Way back in 2007 I used to check on here for all the latest news, and when I returned this past winter I was pleasantly surprised that it is still one of the central hubs for all things Colts and football related. 

I like carrying the hospitality tradition going. While we may be rivals or "enemies" when it comes to our beloved sport, we all are still fellow human beings! It's an amazing thing to witness so many civil discussions going on, with relatively few flame wars that erupt. 

And I think people like amfootball and Bogie have proven that there are golden fans within every fanbase!

I seriously doubt they respect our franchise.

If they don't they should. We won more games than anyone including them from 2000-2009 over that decade and have won a SB and just made a Final 4. You may be right, who knows how they really think haha. I guess nobody even thinks we have a chance winning as I am watching His and Hers. Michael Smith and J. Hill give us no chance. Mike and Mike say we will lose, Stephen A and Skip say we will lose. Hell, why even play then. Surprisingly Skip of all people picked it to be close.

If they don't they should. We won more games than anyone including them from 2000-2009 over that decade and have won a SB and just made a Final 4. You may be right, who knows how they really think haha. I guess nobody even thinks we have a chance winning as I am watching His and Hers. Michael Smith and J. Hill give us no chance. Mike and Mike say we will lose, Stephen A and Skip say we will lose. Hell, why even play then. Surprisingly Skip of all people picked it to be close.

I think there was respect back in the Polian/Manning days when Brady and Manning would have their shoot outs but since Grig and Pagano and Luck came, the games have not been close.

I'm just going to tell you that.... they don't. It's pretty easy to figure out. But it is true though, we've lost the game before the game is even played.

I think there was respect back in the Polian/Manning days when Brady and Manning would have their shoot outs but since Grig and Pagano and Luck came, the games have not been close.

Yeah I mean... Luck is still pretty new to this league. He's going to make mistakes. As far as having respectable close football games, sure that's cool. But I was referring to actual respect. There isn't any respect for the Colts from a Patriots fan view point. Don't deny it because that would just be silly.

Yeah I mean... Luck is still pretty new to this league. He's going to make mistakes. As far as having respectable close football games, sure that's cool. But I was referring to actual respect. There isn't any respect for the Colts from a Patriots fan view point. Don't deny it because that would just be silly.

Yes, you are right there is no respect for good reason and that goes back to Polian days as well. Certainly though that is an organization thing and not a fan thing.

Yes, you are right there is no respect for good reason and that goes back to Polian days as well. Certainly though that is an organization thing and not a fan thing.

Which is why I wonder why Patriot fans are even here if they have no respect for our team. Only reason I can think of is to troll and read our comments and say how dumb they are. :D

Which is why I wonder why Patriot fans are even here if they have no respect for our team. Only reason I can think of is to troll and read our comments and say how dumb they are. :D

I think most of us go back to the Manning/Brady days. I think the two orgs are forever twined as lets face it Brady/Manning was/is the best rivalry IMO in all of sports in my lifetime anyways. Plus, you guys are not nearly as bad as Jets fans.

I think most of us go back to the Manning/Brady days. I think the two orgs are forever twined as lets face it Brady/Manning was/is the best rivalry IMO in all of sports in my lifetime anyways. Plus, you guys are not nearly as bad as Jets fans.

But Polian was with the Colts from 1998 to 2011. Which is the entire time Peyton was a Colt. Soooo when does the respect happen and go away again? lol

But Polian was with the Colts from 1998 to 2011. Which is the entire time Peyton was a Colt. Soooo when does the respect happen and go away again? lol

I am not sure what you are asking. The rivalry was there those years because of Brady/Manning. The respect was on the field. In terms of the orgs, I am not sure that either has much respect for the other. But like I said, that is not a fan thing which is why this board and the Pats boards have so many rival fans ...

I am not sure what you are asking. The rivalry was there those years because of Brady/Manning. The respect was on the field. In terms of the orgs, I am not sure that either has much respect for the other. But like I said, that is not a fan thing which is why this board and the Pats boards have so many rival fans ...

Gotcha. I was looking for what you meant by respect and you explained it. Cool. I still don't think Patriot fans have any respect for our fans either. Some people are pretty two-faced though and it's pretty obvious since some people use the same screen names on other forums as well. Won't say any names though... :hat:

Gotcha. I was looking for what you meant by respect and you explained it. Cool. I still don't think Patriot fans have any respect for our fans either. Some people are pretty two-faced though and it's pretty obvious since some people use the same screen names on other forums as well. Won't say any names though... :hat:

I think what would be two faced would be to have different screen names actually but really, as with anything there are people on forums that you respect and those you don't just like in life. Just because you don't like some, does not mean all are bad and vice versa.