Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fans of Opposing Teams on Colts Forum

18Manning

I think what would be two faced would be to have different screen names actually but really, as with anything there are people on forums that you respect and those you don't just like in life. Just because you don't like some, does not mean all are bad and vice versa.

Having 2 different personalities/thoughts is what I think is being two-faced. But anyhoo. It doesn't matter.

I have much respect for the Colts organization and what they do and have done.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. I was looking for what you meant by respect and you explained it. Cool. I still don't think Patriot fans have any respect for our fans either. Some people are pretty two-faced though and it's pretty obvious since some people use the same screen names on other forums as well. Won't say any names though... :hat:

bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! lmao

If they don't they should. We won more games than anyone including them from 2000-2009 over that decade and have won a SB and just made a Final 4. You may be right, who knows how they really think haha. I guess nobody even thinks we have a chance winning as I am watching His and Hers. Michael Smith and J. Hill give us no chance. Mike and Mike say we will lose, Stephen A and Skip say we will lose. Hell, why even play then. Surprisingly Skip of all people picked it to be close.

Just an FYI: the Patriots won the most games in that span. But yes, the Colts of the 2000's were definitely a team to respect overall.

Just an FYI: the Patriots won the most games in that span. But yes, the Colts of the 2000's were definitely a team to respect overall.

I meant Regular Season games to clarify. Having said that nobody can argue that we haven't been a Top 5 franchise since the 2000's started. Even now with Luck we have 3 straight 11 wins seasons in this decade + a Final 4 appearance so it all hasn't been Peyton. The only franchises that can say that have been better since 2000 are you guys, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, and Baltimore. The latter 3 teams have won 2 SB's to our 1 is the only reason why regarding those 3. We would be a clear cut 5th best because we have more wins than any other 1 time winner since 2000 started. We haven't been able to beat you guys in the Luck era yet but I am still proud of what the Colts have accomplished over the last 15 seasons = 2000-2014. Playing great with 2 different QB's in such a short span is tough to do being Peyton and now Luck. I would really be curious to see how the Patriots would do without Tom? Cassel did go 11-5 but that was with a team that went undefeated the season before + they weren't really a threat to win it all either. They actually missed the Playoffs that season.

Just for fun I did some research and here all the Franchises Win/Loss records since the 2000 Season that have won at least 1 SuperBowl. I ranked the Franchises by SB wins, then overall wins was the tiebreaker for teams that have the same amount of SuperBowl wins. (2000-2014 Seasons)

1. New England Patriots 175-65 Reg Season/21-8 Playoffs/4 SB wins. Total record: 196-73 72.9%

2. Pittsburgh Steelers 154-85-1 Reg Season/12-7 Playoffs/2 SB wins. Total record: 166-92-1 64.3%

3. Baltimore Ravens 144-96 Reg Season/15-8 Playoffs/2 SB wins. Total record: 159-104 60.5%

4. NY Giants 129-111 Reg Season/10-5 Playoffs/2 SB wins. Total record: 139-116 54.5%

5. Indianapolis Colts 160-80 Reg Season/12-12 Playoffs/1 SB win. Total record: 172-92 65.2%

6. Green bay Packers 151-88-1 Reg Season/9-10 Playoffs/1 SB win. Total record: 160-98-1 62%

7. Seattle Seahawks 132-108 Reg Season/11-8 Playoffs/1 SB win. Total record: 143-116 55.2% (55.21%) over the Saints by %'s

8. New Orleans Saints 132-108 Reg Season/7-5 Playoffs/1 SB win. Total record: 139-113 55.2% (55.15%)

9. Tampa Buccaneers 106-134 Reg Season/3-4 Playoffs/1 SB win. Total record: 109-138 44.1%

-What really is funny about Football is a team like the Bucs are in this convo because they only had 1 Great run. Teams like the Eagles or Chargers never get mentioned as Great regarding teams since 2000 because they haven't won a SB. Neither one of those teams have actually even won a SB ever. One of my points to this Post also is we have been a Top 5 Franchise/Team over the last 15 seasons. There are 32 teams and being Top 5 means we have been ELITE for a long time. So I am proud of our team and what they have accomplished. Also by the way we are tied with Pittsburgh with the 3rd most Playoff wins since 2000 as well on this list of SB Champions since 2000.

Boston.com is my main board (as digger) and I visit (lurk) here a few times a week to get the pulse of other teams. This is a great forum with great people. I didn't come here to troll, rather I was a fan of Andrew Luck and wanted to read more. I even made a few friends along the way.

Deflategate has put a wall between most Pats fans and the rest of the team's fans. It certainly put me on the defensive and made it hard for me to come here. I even stayed away for months while the dust settled. Slowly but surely things are getting better.

Really?  It's not obvious?  There are certain people who revel in seeing others suffer disappointment.   The Pats have owned this rivalry for the past 15 years.  That's why some Patriot fans hang here.. they feed off the disappointment of Colts fans after big loss at the hands of the Patriots.

Show of hands from the Pats fans here.  Honestly, how many of you are hoping for a total beat down tomorrow, including a run-up in score even if a win is secure?  Be honest.

Really?  It's not obvious?  There are certain people who revel in seeing others suffer disappointment.   The Pats have owned this rivalry for the past 15 years.  That's why some Patriot fans hang here.. they feed off the disappointment of Colts fans after big loss at the hands of the Patriots.

Show of hands from the Pats fans here.  Honestly, how many of you are hoping for a total beat down tomorrow, including a run-up in score even if a win is secure?  Be honest.

I am not saying you are wrong but the Pats have no natural rival so really any fan base could make that claim if Pats fans were on their forum. Well, except for the Giants. :)

He's the new guy...

I figured that but for the last few minutes I was on cloud 9. Thanks for bringing me back to reality. :hug:

not sure if this flew over my head but from my experience am has not been antagonistic. proud of his team yes but not antagonistic or disrespectful. correct me if im wrong.

I normally stick with Colts Forum 90% of the time unless we pick somebody up in a trade. Then, I might scroll thru their old team site to see what the the fan reaction to losing that player from their roster is. When we got Trent Richardson, I skimmed thru the Browns website to get a feel for how well respected he was in that city. Little did I know however, how Trent's vision sucked or how frequently he fell without being touched. Grrr! 

I know it's sacrilegious to say this, but I admire NE & their playoff consistency not to mention SB hardware. Forget about SpyGate or Deflate Gate scandals for a second, Bill Belichick & Tom Brady are a machine man like a terminator duo man. I don't hate either individual at all, I just wanna be able to at least hang with their club for a little while at least. I've always liked Bill ever since he was the DC for the NY Giants & without him, Parcells would have zero rings. Let's be real here. 

Plus, I like the Pats friends I have made here. An awesome group of people! We may disagree once in awhile, but that's life & I never hold grudges [Well, except against the Dallas Cowboys. LOL!] I won't name any names, because I'd hate to accidentally leave anybody off the list & make them feel lousy or unwanted. I may dislike losing to Brady, but he's 1 hades of a QB so I can learn to live with a crushing loss from time to time. I may tease NE about losing to Eli twice in SBs, but in all seriousness, I know how tight the margin of victory was in both games so I don't really mean to slam Patriots Nation all that hard. 

If fans are nice to me & give my club the benefit of the doubt when I'm depressed, I always remember that & return the favor later as the season progresses. I just enjoy fans with different team allegiances like San Diego, Minnesota, or New Orleans who can clue me into what makes their franchises click. I also value ownership in losses. If INDY losses tomorrow night, I will own it & give NE credit. But by the same token, if NE losses, I never rub my rivals nose in it either. I just wanna know that my club is making strides forward against elite teams like NE, the Ravens, GB, & the NY Giants who are always competing once the dust settles. 

98% of the contributors are just cool, smart, & funny & I love that. Thank you rival fans. You Rock! 

I've heard chatter that some fans on rival sites state some unflattering things about moderators & members on here, which troubles me...All I ask is that we treat each other with dignity even in heated debates & if I say something that upsets you or mischaracterizes you negatively, send me a PM on this forum & we can talk about it, clear the air, & bridge this temporary rift or minor impasse. Thank you for listening. I appreciate it.  :thmup:

I've heard chatter that some fans on rival sites state some unflattering things about moderators & members on here, which troubles me...All I ask is that we treat each other with dignity even in heated debates & if I say something that upsets you or mischaracterizes you negatively, send me a PM on this forum & we can talk about it, clear the air, & bridge this temporary rift or minor impasse. Thank you for listening. I appreciate it. :thmup:

The first part of the quoted is disturbing. It is really a shame that some who are privileged to post here and take advantage of the benefits of this forum are speaking ill of other members and moderators. I cannot say I am surprised given some of the posts written by some, but I think it is unfortunate.

Honestly? A win by 1 point would be just fine.

Yeah they want to beat us 50-0 but that's all fine. When you have a rivalry like we do with them and then factor in the Deflategate stuff I can see why their fans think like they do. They should just be happy that Tom didn't get suspended because it looked bad for a while and be happy they beat us in the Title Game which propelled them to win the SB. Over the last 15 seasons they have got the better of us in this rivalry but I wouldn't say "owned". "Owned" is a little strong. They have "owned" us in the Luck era but we did beat them in Title Game with Peyton (2006) so we beat them when the stakes were at their highest in that era. Peyton also dominated them in Foxboro in 2005 and 2006 in those Regular Season games, and we have my favorite Regular Season game of all-time = the 4th and 2 game. 35-34 Colts over Pats in 2009. I went to that game by the way! What a beautiful night that was.

I am not for fans of other teams coming to this board.

It is like someone coming over to your house and talking about how much better their house is. 

It takes a person with a whole lot of arrogance to even attempt that. It takes oblivious arrogance. 

:lecture:  I think fans of all teams in all sports want their team to crush their opponent every time they play but like JJ said above, a 1-point win would be just fine.

I am not for fans of other teams coming to this board.

It is like someone coming over to your house and talking about how much better their house is. 

It takes a person with a whole lot of arrogance to even attempt that. It takes oblivious arrogance. 

Fans of other teams who come here to talk about how much better their team is are trolls. Ignore them. We are not all like that.

I mostly just like to read the football stuff, don't read the non-football threads/sections so much. I'm not jealous of the Colts, and really see no need for a fan to be jealous of the Pats. The past is done. Both owners have scabs, all these billionaires do. And, our 4 trophies have stains. No way around that. Also, Brady is no role model after his recent deceit...though he did redeem himself somewhat with his recent 'cola is poison' rant...lol

Anyway, for me I get a better understanding of the team/game from other forums, especially from rivals like the Colts, Jets, Giants, etc. I'm not a 'past/legacy' kind of person, but more a 'present/future' fan. I don't care what anyone thinks of the history... though I just hope no more scandals arise.

Again, I expect a win, but a loss is not totally out of the question. For this to happen, the Colts need to be at their best, and the Pats need to be average, or worse...don't see this. Lastly, Brady's old man needs to zip the old pie hole!

Good luck today. Will be back for some crow if you guys win.

So, I guess I come here because i enjoy it. For many different reasons. Cheers.

I mostly just like to read the football stuff, don't read the non-football threads/sections so much. I'm not jealous of the Colts, and really see no need for a fan to be jealous of the Pats. The past is done. Both owners have scabs, all these billionaires do. And, our 4 trophies have stains. No way around that. Also, Brady is no role model after his recent deceit...though he did redeem himself somewhat with his recent 'cola is poison' rant...lol

Anyway, for me I get a better understanding of the team/game from other forums, especially from rivals like the Colts, Jets, Giants, etc. I'm not a 'past/legacy' kind of person, but more a 'present/future' fan. I don't care what anyone thinks of the history... though I just hope no more scandals arise.

Again, I expect a win, but a loss is not totally out of the question. For this to happen, the Colts need to be at their best, and the Pats need to be average, or worse...don't see this. Lastly, Brady's old man needs to zip the old pie hole!

Good luck today. Will be back for some crow if you guys win.

So, I guess I come here because i enjoy it. For many different reasons. Cheers.

Are you really a Pats fan? It's an honest question. I'm just surprised and appreciate your candor if you are in fact a Pats fan.

Yep. Though I have to say, 18-1 was a bit of a watershed. That hurt. I don't enjoy the misery of other fans like I used to. I enjoy all the games more now, and not so much just the Pats winning. I like the banter, not the nastiness, or sycophants. I like good, smart players like Luck, and good coaching. Hopefully you guys will get it together, and we'll meet in the playoffs. I'd like to see Luck face Brady again. Thanks for asking.

Do we have any Jaguar or Titan fans on this board? I know we have a couple Texan fans, but I have never seen the other 2 teams from our division here.

There was a jaguar fan on here a year or so ago. Think her name was "JaguarWoman" or something like that. Haven't seen her post in a long time though. Don't think I've ever seen a titans fan here.

There was a jaguar fan on here a year or so ago. Think her name was "JaguarWoman" or something like that. Haven't seen her post in a long time though. Don't think I've ever seen a titans fan here.

The sense I get with rival fans here is if there team is not winning then they disappear. Except for Qwiz he is here win or lose and discusses other topics besides his team. We have lost a lot of rival posters it seems this season due to certain teams like the Ravens and Seahawks losing records. We did see srobinson a little while ago which was nice as I like him/her as a poster but again with the Seahawks struggling not sure how much more we will see of him ...

I've logged in to other team's forums on the week we play them.  I joined the Seahawks board when we played htem and all the ones that actually spoke to me were just downright nasty.  Bills fans were alright.  I avoided the Patriots forum after reading through a couple threads.  Now I kind of want to join the Saints forum...

I've logged in to other team's forums on the week we play them.  I joined the Seahawks board when we played htem and all the ones that actually spoke to me were just downright nasty.  Bills fans were alright.  I avoided the Patriots forum after reading through a couple threads.  Now I kind of want to join the Saints forum...

Like you, I have looked in to other teams forums on the week we play them, but I am not a member of any rival boards, Nor do I post there.

I am only a member on Colts Forums, and Broncos Forums for obvious reasons.  I am a member here to keep up with my team and fellow fans, and I am a member of Broncos Forum to keep up with Peyton (however, my visits there are limited ~ some Broncos fans are brutal).

As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't mind other teams fans being here, some of them are some of my favorite posters, and those that do post here with respect and not with the intent to constantly brag and/or :atroll: are treated the same in return.     

Like you, I have looked in to other teams forums on the week we play them, but I am not a member of any rival boards, Nor do I post there.

I am only a member on Colts Forums, and Broncos Forums for obvious reasons.  I am a member here to keep up with my team and fellow fans, and I am a member of Broncos Forum to keep up with Peyton (however, my visits there are limited ~ some Broncos fans are brutal).

As I stated earlier in this thread, I don't mind other teams fans being here, some of them are some of my favorite posters, and those that do post here with respect and not with the intent to constantly brag and/or :atroll: are treated the same in return.     

Yeah, there's a fine line between dissent and disrespect.  It's hard to manage, but we all annoy each other on some level from time to time.  I've just learned to ignore it because it's not like anyone will be convinced otherwise in those moments.

Full disclosure: I have been kind of a jerk to pats fans a few times during the whole Deflategate thing.

I regret it.  I set my Hoosier Hospitality aside because it felt like "they" were invading "our" forum trying to defend Brady and the pats.

A lot of the pats fans on this forum have been members for longer than me, and I was disrespectful to them.

Sorry guys.  And gals.  I might dislike the pats, and Belichick specifically, but I do have grudging respect for the organization and what has been accomplised in the last 15 years.