Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fans of Opposing Teams on Colts Forum

18Manning

I'm just curious, how much time do you fans of other teams spend on your team's forum? I don't have a problem at all with anyone being on the Colts forum. I'm mostly curious. I see so many of you with so many posts. As much time as you spend here, I wonder how much time you spend there (posts equating to time). Would you say you post more here than there? Why do you spend so much time on the Colts forum? Again, I'm only curious. I signed up for the Pats and Broncos forums. I have only posted a few times on each and haven't done so in quite a while.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend most of my internet forum time on this forum in the General Section.   I started back in Jan. 2008 at the halftime of the SD/Indy and have enjoyed coming here.  I have tried other teams boards, Jets/Ravens/Pitt and recently Broncos.  I found the former boards not to as friendly as here and frankly just not had the time to spend on the Broncos forum. 

The pats boards are fun at times but I find them somewhat duplicative of my pats fans off the internet, so why spend the time to got online and discuss the same stuff.  just me I guess.

I do not know any colts fans back east here and like coming here to discuss things with folks that have a different perspective on things, teams and players.

Also find that this board is very friendly, although the Deflategate threads did stress my patience to be Frank.  Otherwise though this is a fun board to come to and discuss topics, and enjoy the company of many of the friendly posters here on this forum.  

I've been here since 2003- with multiple forum boards and changes. Met some virtual friends and some in person. Enjoy a lot of the good posters here.

Don't spend anytime on the Pats forum mostly because the conversations are just one post as opposed to here a continuous conversation.

I even had a colts friend get me tickets to a colts-pats playoff game due to her connection with the NFL. She rocked :)

As a Colts fan I enjoy other fans from opposing teams Posting here, especially Pats fans. It makes the Site better IMO and it sparks good debate at times regarding certain topics. It's not boring. Having said that I have never been on any other teams Boards or Websites nor I have ever Posted on any. I occasionally go over to ESPN and read the Gameboard comments and comments regarding Colts articles but not as much as I used too. I have this week simply because it's Colts/Pats week. Since it went to Facebook 2 years ago I haven't Posted over there at all though.

I like fans of other teams being here too, at least some of them. The ones that stick around are typically the good ones. And the discussions often render a reasonable perspective perhaps contrasting my own. Kind of like politics...regardless of the team you root for, reasonable people of varying opinions can find common ground. Or, in the very least, agree to disagree.

I like fans of other teams being here too, at least some of them. The ones that stick around are typically the good ones. And the discussions often render a reasonable perspective perhaps contrasting my own. Kind of like politics...regardless of the team you root for, reasonable people of varying opinions can find common ground. Or, in the very least, agree to disagree.

I also like it because you get different perspectives from fans of other teams. So far since I have been Posting here I haven't had a problem with any of the Pats fans. They all seem reasonable actually. If you go over to ESPN, it's a whole different world though haha.

I also like it because you get different perspectives from fans of other teams. So far since I have been Posting here I haven't had a problem with any of the Pats fans. They all seem reasonable actually. If you go over to ESPN, it's a whole different world though haha.

Heck, not just Pats fans, there are some crazy people over there! They would not qualify as "reasonable". You might as well talk to a rock in your backyard than to try and engage in a civil conversation.

Heck, not just Pats fans, there are some crazy people over there! They would not qualify as "reasonable". You might as well talk to a rock in your backyard than to try and engage in a civil conversation.

I know. You see some of the dumbest Posts ever over there now. I don't think half those people even watch Football. The Spam is terrible too. It's not just Pats fans. It's the whole Site. Ever since it went to Facebook, it has stunk! I used to Post over there years ago, the Trolling was bad but there were a lot of knowledgeable posters back then and it was decent once the Trolls left after games.

I don't mind fans of other teams here.

In fact,  two of my favorites here are Girlzarefanstoo (SD fan)   and NFLFan (Vikings fan).  

It is fun to have "friendly" bantor.   Heck we have that in our own living room on Sundays.  In my immediate family, Husband, Kids and Grandkids, there are Colts fans, Broncos fans, Bengals fans and Browns fans...

I just don't have the need to go to other teams forums. The Colts are my team and I don't wonder what other forums are saying because I don't care. There might be a handful of other teams fans that visit this forum that are here other than to cause negativity and argumentative talk. Very few.

In fact,  two of my favorites here are Girlzarefanstoo (SD fan)   and NFLFan (Vikings fan).  

It is fun to have "friendly" bantor.   Heck we have that in our own living room on Sundays.  In my immediate family, Husband, Kids and Grandkids, there are Colts fans, Broncos fans, Bengals fans and Browns fans...

I agree 100%. But the type of fans you are mentioning are very few. Both you mention are great people to discuss just about anything with.

That's is great.  This board does have a great base of friendly poster.

Gramz, after reading your last line I could not help but think about this commercial (one of my favorites for NFL clothes)

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Cip/nfl-shop-vikings-bengals-eagles-steelers-cowboys-family

That's is great.  This board does have a great base of friendly poster.

Gramz, after reading your last line I could not help but think about this commercial (one of my favorites for NFL clothes)

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Cip/nfl-shop-vikings-bengals-eagles-steelers-cowboys-family

haha yeah.  Everytime that commercial comes on   I think....   Heck that could be us   :P

We're in Ohio,  thus the Bengals / Browns fans...

My oldest son went to UT at the same time as Peyton  ~ so in comes the  the Colts and  Broncos connections.   :cheer:

I'm just curious, how much time do you fans of other teams spend on your team's forum? I don't have a problem at all with anyone being on the Colts forum. I'm mostly curious. I see so many of you with so many posts. As much time as you spend here, I wonder how much time you spend there (posts equating to time). Would you say you post more here than there? Why do you spend so much time on the Colts forum? Again, I'm only curious. I signed up for the Pats and Broncos forums. I have only posted a few times on each and haven't done so in quite a while.

I spend much more time on patriots planet. I've been on this board for 12 years now.

This is the only forum of any kind I use. I don't have an issue with the opposing fans typically, the only bunch that ever rubbed me the wrong way were Dolphins fans...those guys or ladies were the worst. I engage in discussion with Qwiz, AM and a few others as much as I do with most Colts fans on here.

I spend much more time on patriots planet. I've been on this board for 12 years now.

I actually like reading most of your Posts. Having reasonable Pats fans here is great for the Site. I have noticed there are several people here that have been here for years as far as Posting. I have only been here a few months regarding Posting and love the Site. I have actually been coming to this Site for years but just never have signed up to Post until this season.

This is the only forum of any kind I use. I don't have an issue with the opposing fans typically, the only bunch that ever rubbed me the wrong way were Dolphins fans...those guys or ladies were the worst. I engage in discussion with Qwiz, AM and a few others as much as I do with most Colts fans on here.

Qwiz might have the best Avatar in here haha

When I posted over at ESPN years ago, the Dolphins fans were the absolute worse! I agree. Most wouldn't think that but man when we played them in 2012, Luck's rookie season, most of them were rude and cocky. We beat them 23-20 that season but I got into it with a few of those fans on that Gameboard.

I'm on the Jets board but since almost everybody's picture is a chick in a bathing suit or a thong I stopped checking since I mostly check other forums at work and this one at any time.

I did spend sometime on a Jets boards, perhaps its the same one.  I found the foul language somewhat tiring.  I get it when you in a bar and something might slip when one is talking about a player or team or something, I was just not into on a forum.   Plus there was a little too much smack talk.  

haha yeah.  Everytime that commercial comes on   I think....   Heck that could be us   :P

We're in Ohio,  thus the Bengals / Browns fans...

My oldest son went to UT at the same time as Peyton  ~ so in comes the  the Colts and  Broncos connections.   :cheer:

:D .  Wow your family is like the family in the commercial .  haha .  Great. 

I see one of your connections to Peyton now.

I did spend sometime on a Jets boards, perhaps its the same one.  I found the foul language somewhat tiring.  I get it when you in a bar and something might slip when one is talking about a player or team or something, I was just not into on a forum.   Plus there was a little too much smack talk.  

Dolphins fans are the worst IMO regarding my chat past. You guys are tame compared to them LOL. What's funny is at least you guys have won 4 SB's over the last 15 years so your fans deserve to talk some smack, Phins haven't won a SB since 1973.

I post on several boards. Have for a long time. PP is my home and I have spent most of time there the last few months. I mostly post here only on the NFL General section as I enjoy posting about the league in general and of course my team as there are always several Pats threads floating around. I have come to really enjoy the Philly board as one of my best friends is an Eagles fan and he starts some great discussions over there. Plus those fans have a passion like no other. :)

Only post here on this Colts forum. There's other Colts forums that are absolutely terrible, so I stick to this one. I don't sign up on other forums unless I plan to stay there and contribute. I've noticed that other forums can get hostel so it's hard to find nicely moderated forums.

I post on several boards. Have for a long time. PP is my home and I have spent most of time there the last few months. I mostly post here only on the NFL General section as I enjoy posting about the league in general and of course my team as there are always several Pats threads floating around. I have come to really enjoy the Philly board as one of my best friends is an Eagles fan and he starts some great discussions over there. Plus those fans have a passion like no other. :)

of course you post on several boards...