Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fans of Opposing Teams on Colts Forum

18Manning

I've logged in to other team's forums on the week we play them.  I joined the Seahawks board when we played htem and all the ones that actually spoke to me were just downright nasty.  Bills fans were alright.  I avoided the Patriots forum after reading through a couple threads.  Now I kind of want to join the Saints forum...

I don't know if you remember but remember how bad Dolphins fans were in 2012 on the ESPN Gameboard. They took nastiness to another level. I am so glad we won that game. We lost to the Patriots that season 59-24 and I got along with every Pats fans on our Gameboard, I didn't haven't 1 person talk smack to me all game and they could've because we got drilled. The RG3 fans back then were the most annoying overall.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you remember but remember how bad Dolphins fans were in 2012 on the ESPN Gameboard. They took nastiness to another level. I am so glad we won that game. We lost to the Patriots that season 59-24 and I got along with every Pats fans on our Gameboard, I didn't haven't 1 person talk smack to me all game and they could've because we got drilled. The RG3 fans back then were the most annoying overall.

I don't understand why anyone for any team ever does that. Many of us are very passionate about our respective teams. I can understand respectful banter, but to be nasty and outright disrespectful is never acceptable, IMO. It's easy enough to take some time to compose your idea/comment in such a way not to upset the other guy/gal.

I don't understand why anyone for any team ever does that. Many of us are very passionate about our respective teams. I can understand respectful banter, but to be nasty and outright disrespectful is never acceptable, IMO. It's easy enough to take some time to compose your idea/comment in such a way not to upset the other guy/gal.

They had 4 or 5 terrible Posters on their Board that was just ripping Andrew and saying how they were going to smoke us. I remember it like it was yesterday because hardly nothing bothers me but that Board did. Patriots, Ravens, and Texans fans were much better to chat with. I never even had trouble with Ravens fans with the exception of 1 person that was still bitter about the move, he hated the Irsay's but in general most of those fans were over it.

Yeah, it's because they wanted to tell us how bad Vonte Davis was and how we got reamed in that trade.  They turned that pick into Jamar Taylor.  Suckers....lol

Yeah, it's because they wanted to tell us how bad Vonte Davis was and how we got reamed in that trade.  They turned that pick into Jamar Taylor.  Suckers....lol

Yeah I didn't even bring up the Davis stuff but they were all over Luck and praising Tannehill. I thought there for a minute Tannehill was Dan Marino with the way they were talking smack. We won 23-20, after we won they disappeared.

Did a count of my friends from this forum and about 25% are from opposing teams (specifically the Pats). My number of friends wouldn't be impressive by my wife's standard. I think she has about 750 friends on Facebook. :)

I tell her I'm more selective...:)

Did a count of my friends from this forum and about 25% are from opposing teams (specifically the Pats). My number of friends wouldn't be impressive by my wife's standard. I think she has about 750 friends on Facebook. :)

I tell her I'm more selective... :)

This going to sound funny but I have no idea how to select a friend. So far though I have 2 people that have selected me.

This going to sound funny but I have no idea how to select a friend. So far though I have 2 people that have selected me.

Click on the link (name) above the person's avatar. Once their page opens, near the middle of the page is a radio button that says "Add me as a friend". That's all you have to do.

I kind of came here on a whim. I joined after the 2009 4th and 2 game, riding high from seeing Peyton make a comeback like that against the Patriots. And Peyton's 2009 season I thought was one of the most impressive seasons I saw for a QB.

I do visit the main Bills board, but you can only take it in small doses. They're more optimistic on the team than I am for crying out loud. The community outside of Bills fans (like the general NFL board there) is nothing compared to here. Just a very rare Patriots or Dolphins fan.

I kind of came here on a whim. I joined after the 2009 4th and 2 game, riding high from seeing Peyton make a comeback like that against the Patriots. And Peyton's 2009 season I thought was one of the most impressive seasons I saw for a QB.

I do visit the main Bills board, but you can only take it in small doses. They're more optimistic on the team than I am for crying out loud. The community outside of Bills fans (like the general NFL board there) is nothing compared to here. Just a very rare Patriots or Dolphins fan.

I'm going to make a confession here...  It took me awhile to get used to your sarcasm and posts to the point that I nearly put you on ignore....    But you're alright..   :)   Now, I make sure to never miss your posts. 

I'm going to make a confession here...  It took me awhile to get used to your sarcasm and posts to the point that I nearly put you on ignore....    But you're alright..   :)   Now, I make sure to never miss your posts. 

Ha, thanks. The Bills have taught me a great deal on life, as in, expect the worst, think the worst, and know the worst.

But really, you'll only see me post like that for Patriots and Cowboys games. Maybe if those two teams (well, moreso the former) ever revert back to mediocrity I'd settle down as well.

My job used to take me up to Buffalo and Niagara Falls quit a bit. I had a lot of fun dealing with Bills fans. I used to wear my Colts stuff and really took some slack for it but never disrespected. It was always done in fun. One thing I noticed was the die hard female fan base that Buffalo has. There seemed to be more female fans than dudes. ( or maybe I was just paying more attention to the females?) haha

My job used to take me up to Buffalo and Niagara Falls quit a bit. I had a lot of fun dealing with Bills fans. I used to wear my Colts stuff and really took some slack for it but never disrespected. It was always done in fun. One thing I noticed was the die hard female fan base that Buffalo has. There seemed to be more female fans than dudes. ( or maybe I was just paying more attention to the females?) haha

I think I need to go to Buffalo then!

The first NFL game I ever went to was the Bills/Patriots 2009 opener on Monday Night Football (rather not talk about how that game ended). At halftime, I was standing in line at a concession stand, a pretty good looking Bills fan in a Lee Evans with black hair jersey tapped me on the back and said "Go Bills!" while smiling (I was wearing a Jim Kelly jersey to the game). Maybe that's a preview of what's out in Buffalo?

no- you dare say lol.

BTW- I'm going to the Bills mon night game.  Hope there's no cold rain :)

I'll never forget that one we were both at. That's was just brutal. Like a freezing monsoon

Full disclosure: I have been kind of a jerk to pats fans a few times during the whole Deflategate thing.

I regret it.  I set my Hoosier Hospitality aside because it felt like "they" were invading "our" forum trying to defend Brady and the pats.

A lot of the pats fans on this forum have been members for longer than me, and I was disrespectful to them.

Sorry guys.  And gals.  I might dislike the pats, and Belichick specifically, but I do have grudging respect for the organization and what has been accomplised in the last 15 years.

Well said.

Ha, thanks. The Bills have taught me a great deal on life, as in, expect the worst, think the worst, and know the worst.

But really, you'll only see me post like that for Patriots and Cowboys games. Maybe if those two teams (well, moreso the former) ever revert back to mediocrity I'd settle down as well.

It seems like most fans of opposing teams dislike the same two teams: the Cowboys and the Pats. I don't dislike many teams but I root against those two. Last year, I attended the Colts-Giants game. I could not root against either. I like both organizations. On Sunday, I will be attending the Cowboys-Giants game. It won't be too hard to root for the Giants.

It seems like most fans of opposing teams dislike the same two teams: the Cowboys and the Pats. I don't dislike many teams but I root against those two. Last year, I attended the Colts-Giants game. I could not root against either. I like both organizations. On Sunday, I will be attending the Cowboys-Giants game. It won't be too hard to root for the Giants.

I don't dislike any teams. I just enjoy pure football. The only time I would root for one team or another would be for playoff seeding.

I dislike the Pats but it's only because they win all of the time and we haven't beaten them in the Luck era + the whole Manning/Brady rivalry as well. Obvious reasons why I don't like them. I do respect them though. I have never been fond of the Steelers either. I felt like the 2 SB's they won with Ben they got a lot of help from the REFS. That Seahawks SB was a joke. Also they are another winning team for a lot of years, them beating us in 1995 and 2005 doesn't help matters. Those 2 losses were 2 of the worst. I don't mind the Cowboys because they are in a different Conference and we only play them once every 4 seasons. I have really no reason to hate them.

LOL, no disrespect for the Pats fans here, but I don't think I've ever rooted against a team playing against the Pats. I say never, but I believe there may have been one game where I rooted for the Pats. I'm perplexed as to which game that might have been. :thinking:

LOL, no disrespect for the Pats fans here, but I don't think I've ever rooted against a team playing against the Pats. I say never, but I believe there may have been one game where I rooted for the Pats. I'm perplexed as to which game that might have been. :thinking:

Maybe I figured it out. Didn't the Pats beat the Chargers in the playoffs to advance to the Championship game in Indianapolis? Maybe I'm wrong. Not going to look it up right now. Wouldn't the Colts have to have gone to the Chargers if the Pats lost?

Maybe I figured it out. Didn't the Pats beat the Chargers in the playoffs to advance to the Championship game in Indianapolis? Maybe I'm wrong. Not going to look it up right now. Wouldn't the Colts have to have gone to the Chargers if the Pats lost?

That is 100% correct on all accounts.

I mainly dislike the cowboys cause of that "Americas team" crap they talk about every year. I've had issues with their fans too, very delusional. I get that every fan base has their homers, but I've seen Cowboys fans talk like Romo is the GOAT and Dez is better then Michael Irvin, Scandrick better then Revis etc... I haven't seen many sane cowboys fans, at least not when I bump into one. Most annoying fanbase in the country IMO. They think every single cowboys player on the roster is a future hall of famer.

Yes, I rooted for the Pats too in that game. You are correct. Sorry Girlzarefanstoo but I felt like we had a better chance of beating NE here than winning in SD in 2006. I actually wasn't mad the Pats beat the Seahawks either in last seasons SB. I really didn't want Wilson getting Ring #2. Seahawks fans needed a reality check and got one. They were starting to get obnoxious with this Wilson stuff being the best QB in the league and Sherman talks a ton of a junk too. That might be the only 2 times I didn't mind seeing the Pats win that I can remember  haha. Despite Deflategate it didn't bother me the Pats beat the Seahawks. We lost to the eventual Champs, Brady still doesn't have the most SB's as he is tied with Montana and Bradshaw. So the Pats didn't break any records or go undefeated. Now if they win it this season that would be bad. Just please don't let it be the Seahawks/Patriots again. I don't like either team. I liked the Seahawks when they had Hasselbeck but this new group of players I don't.

I mainly dislike the cowboys cause of that "Americas team" crap they talk about every year. I've had issues with their fans too, very delusional. I get that every fan base has their homers, but I've seen Cowboys fans talk like Romo is the GOAT and Dez is better then Michael Irvin, Scandrick better then Revis etc... I haven't seen many sane cowboys fans, at least not when I bump into one. Most annoying fanbase in the country IMO. They think every single cowboys player on the roster is a future hall of famer.

I really disliked the Cowboys in the early 90's with Jimmy Johnson as HC and Irving and Smith. I always liked Aikman though. I find I root for Romo as I feel like he is tortured soul in Jerry's world. lol. I really love his game and I like Dez a lot too - love his emotion for the game. Their best chance of winning was probably 2007 when they were the number one seed but the Giants came in and beat them. I was really hoping that year for a Dallas/GB NFCCG.

When I first became a football fan, the Cowboys were winning almost every year. We heard "How 'bout dem Cowboys" from their owner, coaches and fans after every win. The fans flaunted their championships in others' faces. (Similar to some who post here.) As you pointed out, they claimed to be "America's Team". I have disliked them ever since.

I appreciate Giants fans and their organization. They act like they have been there before and allow their championships to speak for themselves. And I loved that they quieted the Pats fans for a day or two.

When I first became a football fan, the Cowboys were winning almost every year. We heard "How 'bout dem Cowboys" from their owner and fans after every win. The fans flaunted their championships in others' faces. (Similar to some who post here.) As you pointed out, they claimed to be "America's Team". I have disliked them ever since.

I appreciate Giants fans and their organization. They act like they have been there before and allow their championships to speak for themselves. And I loved that they quieted the Pats fans for a day or two.

The Cowboys became America's Team back in the 70's not the 90's. Bob Ryan, now Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films coined this for the Cowboys while preparing and editing the team’s 1978 season highlight film.He was quoted as saying:

"I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television."

I have always kind of liked that they are "America's Team" as it makes that much more fun when you beat them.

And Giants fans are not quiet nor act like they have been there before. I went to Giants home games for years and their fans are some of the worst in the league.

Just an FYI: the Patriots won the most games in that span. But yes, the Colts of the 2000's were definitely a team to respect overall.

Yes, The Pats won he most games in that span, if you include all post season games.  As far as counting only regular season games, the Colts won 115, the Pats 112 in that time frame.  So it's a matter of perspective.

But here is USA Today teams of the decade list, 200-2009:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2000s-franchise-power-rankings.htm

The Cowboys became America's Team back in the 70's not the 90's. Bob Ryan, now Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films coined this for the Cowboys while preparing and editing the team’s 1978 season highlight film.He was quoted as saying:

"I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television."

I have always kind of liked that they are "America's Team" as it makes that much more fun when you beat them.

And Giants fans are not quiet nor act like they have been there before. I went to Giants home games for years and their fans are some of the worst in the league.

I did not write that the Cowboys became America's team in the 90's. I wrote that I became a football fan in the 90's and at the time I heard Cowboys fans and others calling them "America's Team".

I disagree about the Giants fans. They are all around me. I rarely hear them talking about their championships. Pats fans here do not waste an opportunity to remind other fans how many rings Brady and the Pats have.

I did not write that the Cowboys became America's team in the 90's. I wrote that I became a football fan in the 90's and at the time I heard Cowboys fans and others calling them "America's Team".

I disagree about the Giants fans. They are all around me. I rarely hear them talking about their championships. Pats fans here do not waste an opportunity to remind other fans how many rings Brady and the Pats have.

My apologies. I thought you were saying that is when they became America's Team.

In terms of the Giants, seeing them in your everyday life vs a football forum is an apples to oranges comparison. Have you visited their football forum? Have you ever been on the Eagles forum? I am a regular there and the Giants fans always take the time to remind the Eagles they have 4 SBs to their zero.  But again, I saw them up close at their home stadium for 10 years when they played the Redskins. I had season tickets from a work friend so I sat right with them in row 35 from the field. They were easily the worst fans in terms of supporting their team. They pretty much booed the entire game for every bad play and often got into fist fights with each other as opposed to rival fans.

I get that you guys like them for taking 2 rings from the Pats but they are the same as any fanbase that has enjoyed winning. They are arrogant, and always take the time to mention their rings ...

I get that you guys like them for taking 2 rings from the Pats but they are the same as any fanbase that has enjoyed winning. They are arrogant, and always take the time to mention their rings ...

Always mentioning their rings is arrogant.  Good to know.  :P

My apologies. I thought you were saying that is when they became America's Team.

In terms of the Giants, seeing them in your everyday life vs a football forum is an apples to oranges comparison. Have you visited their football forum? Have you ever been on the Eagles forum? I am a regular there and the Giants fans always take the time to remind the Eagles they have 4 SBs to their zero. But again, I saw them up close at their home stadium for 10 years when they played the Redskins. I had season tickets from a work friend so I sat right with them in row 35 from the field. They were easily the worst fans in terms of supporting their team. They pretty much booed the entire game for every bad play and often got into fist fights with each other as opposed to rival fans.

I don't have the time to check out many forums. I did check their forum a few times and I did not find them to be arrogant. I have gone to their games and no one gives me a hard time. That is my experience.

I won't write more because this has been a great thread and I don't want to derail it. Let's agree to disagree. Thank you.

I don't have the time to check out many forums. I did check their forum a few times and I did not find them to be arrogant. I have gone to their games and no one gives me a hard time. That is my experience.

I won't write more because this has been a great thread and I don't want to derail it. Let's agree to disagree. Thank you.

Sure thing, we can just agree to disagree. In general, NY fans are pretty much insufferable no matter the team. You guys are familiar with that from the Indy/Knicks series and Reggie Miller and Spike Lee. Pretty much take Spike Lee and times by about 1000 and you get NY fans.

Sure thing, we can just agree to disagree. In general, NY fans are pretty much insufferable no matter the team. You guys are familiar with that from the Indy/Knicks series and Reggie Miller and Spike Lee. Pretty much take Spike Lee and times by about 1000 and you get NY fans.

Well, I wrote that I would stop writing here but I have to defend my fellow NYers. I guess you can call me a NY fan. Go check out the Baseball thread to see how I responded to my team having beaten a great young team. Even if the Mets win the World Series, you will not see a post from me gloating nor will I change my avatar to a trophy. It would not be respectful to fans of other teams.

Well, I wrote that I would stop writing here but I have to defend my fellow NYers. I guess you can call me a NY fan. Go check out the Baseball thread to see how I responded to my team having beaten a great young team. Even if the Mets win the World Series, you will not see a post from me gloating nor will I change my avatar to a trophy. It would not be respectful to fans of other teams.

Sure. I think we all understand that when a fanbase gets categorized it is not all inclusive. I have two great friends from NY that are great fans although they can be blustery at times. :)   But it is all good. If I had to be honest, I like the NY fans and their fandom as it has created a tremendous rivalry with Boston in all sports.

And congrats to your Mets. What a great season for them. I was really pulling for the Cubs for obvious reasons but now want the Mets to win. If for nothing else, I know it will make Yankees fans cry. I had one of my friends tell me recently that if the Red Sox and Mets were in the World Series, he would vote the Red Sox. So I guess the hatred between the Yanks and Mets is pretty intense. haha

I sat by some jets fans at the AFC championship and they were too funny and a lot of fun.

Can't judge all fans by the few you meet but those guys were a stitch.

Also met some Saints fans prior to that terrible superbowl.  They were also a lot of fun.  Although my family blamed me for the loss because I talked nice to saints fans prior to the game.

They still talk about it