Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Curious Case of Hugh Thorton

ReMeDy

Jesus you guys making a huge deal that he was crying? You have no idea what's going on in his life, have no idea what stress he might have at home and with his family. We all break down he was just unfortunate it was caught on t.v.

True. But you still gotta hide that man. He's supposed to be a big brute, meathead Offensive Lineman. The only time I ever cried during a game was after a 6th grade basketball game. We got beat at the last second and I walked off the floor in tears. Man my whole family jumped my hind end for that LOL. Especially my Grandpa.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was CRYING. Not out of passion. Because he was HORRIBLE. And Pagano BABIED him. Kick him off the team today. Make him take his own plane home and fly coach. He's a BABY. A SOFT BABY. I'm so disgusted at this. He was CRYING!!!!!!!!!

As always,  you have no idea what you're talking about.    Just none.

You have no idea -- none -- what Pagano was saying to him.   

You're just a fan with an opinion.    A highly ill-informed opinion,  but hey,  you're entitled to it.

If you're under the impression that he's the first NFL player to cry on a sidelines,   then you're just clueless.

Oh,   I think we've already established that.

True. But you still gotta hide that man. He's supposed to be a big brute, meathead Offensive Lineman. The only time I ever cried during a game was after a 6th grade basketball game. We got beat at the last second and I walked off the floor in tears. Man my whole family jumped my hind end for that LOL. Especially my Grandpa.

Just stop talking.

If you knew anything of his bio you'd know he's far from a soft baby.

Really??? I don't care about his bio, that's not why he is here. He's here to play football. That's it. And he's standing on the sidelines crying like a little baby because he can't do his job. He's had far too many chances and knows it's likely over. At least hold the tears in for after the game. He is mentally weak, exactly why we are perceived as a soft team. My god if we could have that big bully Incognito I would be so happy but no, he's not a "horseshoe" guy.

Really??? I don't care about his bio, that's not why he is here. He's here to play football. That's it. And he's standing on the sidelines crying like a little baby because he can't do his job. He's had far too many chances and knows it's likely over. At least hold the tears in for after the game. He is mentally weak, exactly why we are perceived as a soft team. My god if we could have that big bully Incognito I would be so happy but no, he's not a "horseshoe" guy.

I think this post says a lot about you as a human being.

Seriously. We need guys like that. A lot of the time guys like that are....Winners. They put winning first and foremost and had rather be in physical pain than to lose. We need some guys like Bernard Pollard. Being the nice team isn't going to get us anywhere. This is the NFL. Its a mans league. But like I said its trying to turn soft with the rest of the world lol.

As always, you have no idea what you're talking about. Just none.

You have no idea -- none -- what Pagano was saying to him.

You're just a fan with an opinion. A highly ill-informed opinion, but hey, you're entitled to it.

If you're under the impression that he's the first NFL player to cry on a sidelines, then you're just clueless.

Oh, I think we've already established that.

As always?? Really guy? Coming from someone who didn't start watching the Colts until Luck was drafted from your favorite college?

Anyone who saw the exchange and knows what type of person Pagano is knows he had both hands on his face while he was crying and he just gave him some soft words of encouragement to make the tears go away. "You can do it! It's all in your head. If you believe you can achieve. You're already a champion in my book. Just cut the mistakes." Instead of blasting him for being soft and to get out there and do the job he's being paid tons of money to do horribly.

Players get emotional which is understandable. I think of Vernon Davis scoring a TD in the playoffs. But crying after missing blocks and getting called for penalties is not an excuse to cry on the sideline.

Continue to call me clueless but it's new fans like you that make us all look stupid to the outside NFL world.

As always?? Really guy? Coming from someone who didn't start watching the Colts until Luck was drafted from your favorite college?

Anyone who saw the exchange and knows what type of person Pagano is knows he had both hands on his face while he was crying and he just gave him some soft words of encouragement to make the tears go away. "You can do it! It's all in your head. If you believe you can achieve. You're already a champion in my book. Just cut the mistakes." Instead of blasting him for being soft and to get out there and do the job he's being paid tons of money to do horribly.

Players get emotional which is understandable. I think of Vernon Davis scoring a TD in the playoffs. But crying after missing blocks and getting called for penalties is not an excuse to cry on the sideline.

Continue to call me clueless but it's new fans like you that make us all look stupid to the outside NFL world.

It didn't take me being a Colts fan for the last 3+ years to figure out how little you know about football and life.

I could've done that in about 15 minutes.      But your post in this thread screamed for someone to call you out -- so I did.

Trust me,  it won't stop you.    You'll continue with your silliness.    It's who you are and what you do.

But don't feel alone.    There are plenty of other clueless fans here.    And they've been on full display here all day.

Some of the worst posts I've ever seen have been posted here today.    So you've got plenty of company.

And it doesn't matter if you've been a Colts fan for 10 years or 15 years and I've only been a fan for 3 years.

Stupid is as stupid does........

It didn't take me being a Colts fan for the last 3+ years to figure out how little you know about football and life.

I could've done that in about 15 minutes.      But your post in this thread screamed for someone to call you out -- so I did.

Trust me,  it won't stop you.    You'll continue with your silliness.    It's who you are and what you do.

But don't feel alone.    There are plenty of other clueless fans here.    And they've been on full display here all day.

Some of the worst posts I've ever seen have been posted here today.    So you've got plenty of company.

And it doesn't matter if you've been a Colts fan for 10 years or 15 years and I've only been a fan for 3 years.

Stupid is as stupid does........

The ignore button. Since you are soft and can't handle someone else having a different opinion than you I suggest you use it.

I have zero problem with the crying.  I would rather have a competitive guy who cares that he screwed up and cried, than I would a jerk that doesn't care.  Any day of the week.  I hope he gets to redeem himself next week.

Yeah, he could be like Jay Cutler on the sidelines giving that "I don't care" look. Maybe we'd prefer that.

Yes he did.

I thought he got cheated on two penalties. Then he got called for a false start when he wasn't even on the field. I would have been upset also. Bad overall game, but still did enough right to show that he's better than the guys that were benched today. Not a very high bar there, but if he can clean up the hands technique, he'll be fine.

Somewhat related, they ran a graphic in a different game showing that the refs called more penalties last week than any other week in NFL history. They seem to be calling holding more tightly this year. I've seen a lot of borderline or bad calls. Hopefully this calms down moving forward.

Nice to defend him but if a guy can cost us 5 yards for a false start from the bench.. he's pretty bad.

Nice to defend him but if a guy can cost us 5 yards for a false start from the bench.. he's pretty bad.

I need to review that. During the game I thought I saw him come back on the field with the offense, but that was Holmes, 62, not 69. Can't tell who was on the field during the broadcast, but All 22 should clear that up. It might have been him after all...

I need to review that. During the game I thought I saw him come back on the field with the offense, but that was Holmes, 62, not 69. Can't tell who was on the field during the broadcast, but All 22 should clear that up. It might have been him after all...

I was just joking around anyway. I would think we need to give the guy a chance .. he's coming off an injury 

I don't know what we're doing with our O-line. We got our LT for sure, and Mewhort seems to be a keeper, but outside of that it's really just a mess. Disappointed Grigson hasn't done a better job fixing it, and I give Grigson credit on some great moves like picking up Hilton, Moncreif, and Henry Anderson all as 3rd rounders; trading for Vontae Davis; picking Luck over RGIII etc. But for a combinations of reasons he hasn't corrected this offensive line problem and it's a very serious issue on this team.

Some people just run on more emotion then others. All we can do is speculate the whys and how comes. Shouldn't knock a guy for being hard on himself, upset cause he's not just letting himself down, but his teammates too. Knowing(in his head) that he's better then those plays. Atleast he has that passion. Maybe that's what fires him up, gets him goin? Who knows what was going on inside that head of his.

After that he had some great blocks on those Gore TDs.

Playing football is emotional. And if you disagree then you've clearly never really played. And believe it or not, a lot of players cry. Pros included. I'd rather have a guy break down, then get fired up - putting heart into it. Than him poor play after poor play, just go sit on the side line, yawn, giggle, an act like he don't give a lick.

But everyone has their own opinion.

it doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you shallow and one dimensional.

Ha! What? You came to that conclusion off of a forum post? Wanting mean nasty players on the Colts o-line is what I want. I'm shallow and one dimensional for not wanting cry baby millionaires on my favorite football team. This is football, don't cry for sucking. You can write Thorton a letter and tell him it's all going to be alright.

What is his problem? After one holding penalty in particular (of which there were several!), Luck puts his hand on his shoulder, and Thorton shakes Luck away. Then when Thorton is on the sideline, Chuck Pagano puts two hands on Thorton's helmet, looks him straight in the eyes, and lectures him on something. Then, wait... Is Thorton crying!? Save the crying for the national anthem.

There's a lot of o-line issues, so I hate to single one man out, but let's start by getting rid of the men who cry and work our way up.

He was CRYING. Not out of passion. Because he was HORRIBLE. And Pagano BABIED him. Kick him off the team today. Make him take his own plane home and fly coach. He's a BABY. A SOFT BABY. I'm so disgusted at this. He was CRYING!!!!!!!!!

That Incognito thing got blown so far out of proportion it wasn't funny. This is a man's league. We've all played sports. sometimes a young guy gets picked on a little bit. So what. Be a man, be tough and go on. The league is going so soft. 15 years ago nobody would have batted an eye at bullying in an NFL locker room. It would have been laughed at. If I were Jonathan Martin I would have been so embarrassed to come out and say I was an NFL player and I was being bullied in the locker room. LOL.

Seriously. We need guys like that. A lot of the time guys like that are....Winners. They put winning first and foremost and had rather be in physical pain than to lose. We need some guys like Bernard Pollard. Being the nice team isn't going to get us anywhere. This is the NFL. Its a mans league. But like I said its trying to turn soft with the rest of the world lol.

I really, really, REALLY hope none of you are raising sons... 

Let's all agree to disagree. Some of us think it's ridiculous to have a o-lineman cry like baby for playing badly. Others think we should give the young man words of encouragement and not be to hard on the kid. Bottom line Thorton needs to elevate his play just like everyone else on the line. I hope dude turns into a pro-bowler and cries every game.

First off we don't know how much practice he had this week. The announcers didn't even know he was in the game till the second series. They were told by the Colts that O-line changes were Mewhort to LG and Reich to RT. I rewound the game to the first series and Thorton was in there. His start could have been a game time decision.

Let's all agree to disagree. Some of us think it's ridiculous to have a o-lineman cry like baby for playing badly. Others think we should give the young man words of encouragement and not be to hard on the kid. Bottom line Thorton needs to elevate his play just like everyone else on the line. I hope dude turns into a pro-bowler and cries every game.

HAH!  If it creates more wins and gets us a Super Bowl, heck, they can have crying parties before each game and I'd be OK with it.

This is a VERY interesting thread. Especially about Thornton crying, being soft, and not being a "tough guy". OK here's why its so, so very interesting to me.......Cultural differences!!!! OK I grew up in southern Kentucky. As did most of my family. My grandpa lived in Indiana several years (work) but was still born and raised in Ky. and returned before I was born. We have a lot of family in Indiana, but we're all, for the most part born and raised in southern Ky. The cultural difference are just amazing to say the least. In the south its a totally different world. I know we have some posters here from everywhere. I think NewColtsFan is from Cali right? Some guys from other countries too. Total differences in the way of life when you compare Ky. to Cali. Down here. Its like cool to be the tough guy you know. The alpha male, etc. You cant be soft lol. You got made fun of for crying or being weak. When we were in High School, if you got in a fight and won, you were literally like the coolest kid in school LOL. And Every parent whips their children. Whipping you son isn't considered wrong here by the majority. Hell my elementary school was still paddling students when I was in 5th grade. (Like 2001) Its just a totally different world in the south and especially So. Ky. Everyone down here was just amazed that AP got in so much trouble for whipping his son. Nobody could comprehend it lol. Also If you put a back woods country boy from my town in California the California folks would be in shock LOL. I'm no redneck in no way, shape, or form. but still in certain ways a product of environment.

The ignore button. Since you are soft and can't handle someone else having a different opinion than you I suggest you use it.

I have no problem with anyone having a different opinion than me.    Happens here every day.

What I have a problem with are silly,  nonsensical posts that rag on the team after a win.

It's obvious who the children are on this this website.    It's obvious with the big, tough talk.

Crap about cutting the guy and having him find his own way home.     Crap.

Crap about "this is a man's league"  and why didn't we sign Incognito.      Crap.

All said by young silly kids who don't know half of what they think they know.

Grigson publicly said after last year,  "No more knuckleheads!"  and posters here are wondering why we didn't sign him?   How clueless can they be?

Someone here called the Martin incident "overblown"....    not only is that dumb,  but even if it never happened,  Richie Ingonito has been a cancer in every locker-room he's ever been in dating back to high school.   And several colleges.    And every NFL team he's played for.      That's why he's been on so many different teams despite being a good player.    Because he's not worth the trouble.

Adults understand that.    Kids don't.

I really, really don't care about anyone disagreeing with me.    I really do care about seriously bad posts that demonstrate what a bad fan some people here are.     That's what I care about.

Ha! What? You came to that conclusion off of a forum post? Wanting mean nasty players on the Colts o-line is what I want. I'm shallow and one dimensional for not wanting cry baby millionaires on my favorite football team. This is football, don't cry for sucking. You can write Thorton a letter and tell him it's all going to be alright.

No one could possibly respond to such a gross oversimplication, except to point out that your general point is an oversimplification. To assume one who cries is incapable of being tough is as simpleton as it gets. Thornton may not be that good, but it has nothing to do with his getting emotional.