Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Has Reached A Decision On If He'll Play Sunday

TKnight24

Yeah, I am sure this group will strike fear into the heart of any NFL QB. :yuk:

You didn't put sarcasm so I assume you're serious. I really see no problem with our front 7. This defense is gonna surprise a lot of people if Manusky uses all the pieces correctly and gets creative

Same way Offense should easily be top 5 if Pep uses everyone & gets creative

You didn't put sarcasm so I assume you're serious. I really see no problem with our front 7. This defense is gonna surprise a lot of people if Manusky uses all the pieces correctly and gets creative

I agree the offense is going to be top five. This defense with rookie starters will be lucky to avoid being in the bottom five. They have gone in the wrong direction from last year and they were not so hot then.

I agree the offense is going to be top five. This defense with rookie starters will be lucky to avoid being in the bottom five. They have gone in the wrong direction from last year and they were not so hot then.

Impossible to know that until we, you know, actually see them play

Yeah, I am sure this group will strike fear into the heart of any NFL QB.  :yuk:

Remember when you used to post under the name "Goodtimes" and got banned for trying to pose as a Colts fan who never had a positive thing to say about the team? Yeah your posts weren't missed.

We just need to stay disciplined on the edges. That's always been a weakness with us: there's always room to run on the edges.

I think it's just coaching though. The CBs need to learn when to come down and crash the edge. The only CB who seems to get that is Vontae, as evidenced by what he did to Bernard. Gotta force mobile QBs to beat you from the pocket because most can't.

Agree, but the real question is; will the trainers and coaching staff allow him?

I think they will let him play. I don't think Robert would be hinting at "stay tuned" for nothing. Also he says there has been a decision already made so I am guessing he is a go, but not wanted to hint at it for the Bills. Just what I am gathering.

I think they will let him play. I don't think Robert would be hinting at "stay tuned" for nothing. Also he says there has been a decision already made so I am guessing he is a go, but not wanted to hint at it for the Jets. Just what I am gathering.

Except we play the bills

See, that's the thing. The Colts will be a top 5 offense even if they don't get creative because they have the personnel to be a top 5 offense. The defense, now that's a different story. Manusky had to draw up blitzes to even have a shot at generating pressure on the QB. That's not ideal. You shouldn't have to have a "creative" coordinator to hope to get a pass rush on the defensive side of the ball. You should have at least SOMEONE who can beat the other guy in a 1 on 1 situation. Not sure the Colts have that guy right now.

Remember when you used to post under the name "Goodtimes" and got banned for trying to pose as a Colts fan who never had a positive thing to say about the team? Yeah your posts weren't missed.

Ha, he was Old Blu for awhile too...

Think mods deleated the dancing blue sunglasses emoticon because of his ridiculous overuse of them also, what a shame...

To his credit he's altered his strategy, before he was always degrading Luck, now it's all about the defense/GM/coaching/etc..

See, that's the thing. The Colts will be a top 5 offense even if they don't get creative because they have the personnel to be a top 5 offense. The defense, now that's a different story. Manusky had to draw up blitzes to even have a shot at generating pressure on the QB. That's not ideal. You shouldn't have to have a "creative" coordinator to hope to get a pass rush on the defensive side of the ball. You should have at least SOMEONE who can beat the other guy in a 1 on 1 situation. Not sure the Colts have that guy right now.

You do know who this thread is about, right?

Ha, he was Old Blu for awhile too...

Think mods deleated the dancing blue sunglasses emoticon because of his ridiculous overuse of them also, what a shame...

To his credit he's altered his strategy, before he was always degrading Luck, now it's all about the defense/GM/coaching/etc..

Sad when you don't comprehend that you are not fooling anyone. He just cant help his negative self.

I picked the Colts D on my fantasy team.. I figure I will soar or go down with the ship.  If they can't stop Tyrod, it will be a long year.  Thank the schedule Gods for our first 4 games to break these guys in.  And we might even dodge the Lesean McKoy bullet on top of it! 

I picked the Colts D on my fantasy team.. I figure I will soar or go down with the ship.  If they can't stop Tyrod, it will be a long year.  Thank the schedule Gods for our first 4 games to break these guys in.  And we might even dodge the Lesean McKoy bullet on top of it! 

I don't know about soaring but I think they will be better than some think.

The defense has gotten much better each year under Pagano... That's a fact... We were better last year without Mathis than in either of the previous two years.

I think a healthy Mathis and a lot of early leads puts this group in the top 10... Not too far fetched considering our ranking in total defense last year (11th, I believe). Our division is offensively challenged.

Mathis doesn't do a lot against the run, but he was the best pure pass rusher in football (top 3, anyway) before he got hurt...

I can wait until he's 100% if need be, but I would love to see the guy out there week 1. He's the heart and soul of the defense.