Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Manning Talk

dw49

Huh... this is not going to happen.....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year QB Eli Manning wants to be the NFL's highest-paid player.

He wants more than Aaron Rodgers. More than Russell Wilson. And more than Philip Rivers. Rivers, who's a month younger than Manning, just signed a deal that includes a whopping $65 million guaranteed with the Chargers over the weekend. Rodgers got $54 million guaranteed back in 2013. What Manning has going for him that Rivers doesn't is two Super Bowl championships while coming off a career-year 2014 season. There's said to be a "significant gap" in contract talks.
Source: NFL Media 
Aug 17 - 7:33 PM

giants havent been to the playoffs since they won the super bowl. eli needs a reality check

If they have to,  NYG can always put a franchise tag on Manning,  even for two years.

If he's serious about being the highest paid player,  I'd balk on that.     I don't mind going over 20 mil per...    but over 22 mill and higher than AR?    On a long-term deal?     No.     Not for me.   

Huh... this is not going to happen.....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year QB Eli Manning wants to be the NFL's highest-paid player.

He wants more than Aaron Rodgers. More than Russell Wilson. And more than Philip Rivers. Rivers, who's a month younger than Manning, just signed a deal that includes a whopping $65 million guaranteed with the Chargers over the weekend. Rodgers got $54 million guaranteed back in 2013. What Manning has going for him that Rivers doesn't is two Super Bowl championships while coming off a career-year 2014 season. There's said to be a "significant gap" in contract talks.
Source: NFL Media 
Aug 17 - 7:33 PM

I believe he will get it. Those two rings carry big time weight. And in lieu of River's contract he has some leverage there for sure.

So offer him 127 mill over 6 years with 60 mill guaranteed(In other words 20 mill per 3 years)  with the rest in incentives not likely to be earned. I mean I really like the dude but if he aint going to be realistic with his demands then come on now, What that above quote don't say is this:

"That said, agent Tom Condon believes Manning is "uniquely suited" to be the Giants' quarterback because he's proven unflappable in the media spotlight.

Condon and Manning also realize they are headed for a $25 million payday in 2016 if the Giants are forced to utilize the exclusive franchise tag."

"Even if the G-Men dig in their heels and refuse to bypass Rodgers' annual figure of $22 million, they might be able to find common ground by front-loading the contract with guarantees in excess of Rivers' $65 million -- which is several million more than Rodgers pocketed in 2013."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000511245/article/eli-manning-wants-to-be-highestpaid-player-in-nfl

So offer him 127 mill over 6 years with 60 mill guaranteed(In other words 20 mill per 3 years)  with the rest in incentives not likely to be earned. I mean I really like the dude but if he aint going to be realistic with his demands then come on now, What that above quote don't say is this:

"That said, agent Tom Condon believes Manning is "uniquely suited" to be the Giants' quarterback because he's proven unflappable in the media spotlight.

Condon and Manning also realize they are headed for a $25 million payday in 2016 if the Giants are forced to utilize the exclusive franchise tag."

"Even if the G-Men dig in their heels and refuse to bypass Rodgers' annual figure of $22 million, they might be able to find common ground by front-loading the contract with guarantees in excess of Rivers' $65 million -- which is several million more than Rodgers pocketed in 2013."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000511245/article/eli-manning-wants-to-be-highestpaid-player-in-nfl

Established players don't accept contracts with NLTBE incentives, unless those incentives are for games played after an injury shortened season.

Established players don't accept contracts with NLTBE incentives, unless those incentives are for games played after an injury shortened season.

Giants are in a pickle, I mean he certainly has had a couple years where I would say he is worth it but really only 2, Otherwise he has just been ok

And that's the gamble the Colts took by not signing Luck this off-season. Kaepernick gets big money. Dalton wants more money than Kaep (or vice versa, forget who signed first) then Russell Wilson demands more than both of them cause he's been in the big game. Then Rivers demands more than Wilson because better production. Now Eli wants more than any of them because he has the two titles.

The price of a top QB just keeps going up. A few months ago, Luck would have likely accepted 20-22m per year, next off-season...no chance.

The sad thing is, the Giants will probably give him $23m per, and then Andrew will be asking for $24m+.

No, he's the Kobe Bryant of the NFL. Lives off the past rings/success

Eli needs to realize it's a "What have you done for me lately?" League

Eli just came off his best season in quite a while. So he has produced for the Giants lately. According to ESPN Eli was the 11th best QB of 2014. So he will get his money I think.

Eli just came off his best season in quite a while. So he has produced for the Giants lately. According to ESPN Eli was the 11th best QB of 2014. So he will get his money I think.

I was thinking this same thing last night. Eli has a great season last year, he has the two super bowl rings and the most wins on the road in the playoffs by a QB. His teams the last few years have stunk especially his Oline so I he has some leverage to command this salary, certainly more than Rivers just got I would think.

He is only one of 5 QBs that has more than one SB MVP in the history of the league. I think he gets north of 22 M.

How is that relevant to the upcoming season? He will get paid, but only because the giants have no choice. There isn't a better replacement. You have to have a good qb to compete. But what he did 5+ years ago won't factor into it

How is that relevant to the upcoming season? He will get paid, but only because the giants have no choice. There isn't a better replacement. You have to have a good qb to compete. But what he did 5+ years ago won't factor into it

Achievements like that always factor in especially when a QB like Rivers who was part of Eli's draft class just got paid and does not have close to what Eli does on his resume. Eli is going to get what he wants and deservedly so.

Achievements like that always factor in especially when a QB like Rivers who was part of Eli's draft class just got paid and does not have close to what Eli does on his resume. Eli is going to get what he wants and deservedly so.

Ben didn't get more than rodgers, and I doubt Eli will either. But this is nothing more than agent talk. If the giants had a better option at qb, they wouldn't hesitate to move on. 2 SB maps or not

Ben didn't get more than rodgers, and I doubt Eli will either. But this is nothing more than agent talk. If the giants had a better option at qb, they wouldn't hesitate to move on. 2 SB maps or not

Ben does not even have one SB MVP. Eli has two which he earned with last minute heroic comebacks. He will get more than Rivers and Ben. Any why on earth would the Giants be interested in another option at QB with Eli in his prime coming off one of his best seasons last year?

Ben does not even have one SB MVP. Eli has two which he earned with last minute heroic comebacks. He will get more than Rivers and Ben. Any why on earth would the Giants be interested in another option at QB with Eli in his prime coming off one of his best seasons last year?

The fact that he is coming off a good season will have a far larger impact on his contract than what happened in superbowls years ago.

The fact that he is coming off a good season will have a far larger impact on his contract than what happened in superbowls years ago.

It ALL factors in. Eli has been money in his last two playoff runs. Since then his Giants teams have stunk pretty much with him also not playing well. Given last season and the team they have this year along with his SB pedigree, I can't see the Giants not paying him what he wants within reason of course.

good GM's and Owners don't live in the past, He will get paid of course but that's a combination of he had a great year last year and they don't have a known commodity behind him. GM's wont (should not anyway)pay a guy because he won 2 SB MVP's years ago.....The last of which was 4 years ago. That's the kind of decision making that mess a franchise up if its repeatedly done

It ALL factors in. Eli has been money in his last two playoff runs. Since then his Giants teams have stunk pretty much with him also not playing well. Given last season and the team they have this year along with his SB pedigree, I can't see the Giants not paying him what he wants within reason of course.

"Since then his Giants teams have stunk"

That is the most important part here, Giants brass have to answer the question of if Eli had a better team around him can he lead them back to the SB(The answer is yes of course) and can they get a team around him in time to compete for a SB before he retires......That's much harder to answer

"Since then his Giants teams have stunk"

That is the most important part here, Giants brass have to answer the question of if Eli had a better team around him can he lead them back to the SB(The answer is yes of course) and can they get a team around him in time to compete for a SB before he retires......That's much harder to answer

Yeah, I think the Giants have full confidence in Eli with a good team around him. He proved that last year and of course in years past leading them to the SB wins.

No, he's the Kobe Bryant of the NFL. Lives off the past rings/success

Eli needs to realize it's a "What have you done for me lately?" League

haha, ummmm no?

kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest player of all time, and Eli just had a great season