Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 says hes the best QB in the league

RockThatBlue

Probably the 2 reasons we are more critical of him is that the decision we (and I mean Grigson) made, will always come up when discussing Luck and RGIII. Which QB was better, who was the best choice? This is just like Peyton and Leaf all over again where the wrong choice could have been catastrophic for the Colts organization. RGIII, a bottom 5 starting qb, then bold face says that he thinks he's the best qb in the NFL. Whether he says it or not, he knows he's full of it. Even with his great rookie year, that alone would make him a mid tier qb, now he is struggling to stay the best qb on his team.

The 2nd reason I'm more critical of him is the fact that if the roles were reversed and Luck was as bad as RGIII, we'd be hearing it from Redskins posters that created accounts on here, media members, and commentators from every game we played with him for however long we had him. He's a bust for just a 2nd overall pick, and let me remind you, the Redskins traded three 1sts and a 2nd to get him, so he would have to be a Hall of Fame type QB or at least win them a SB to be worth the cost. There's a reason there aren't Redskin fans on here posting, they are embarrased about RGIII and have nothing to brag about. I looked at their site and they don't even mention Luck because they try not to think about it. Manning and Brady don't have to tell people they are good, everyone already knows, when you have to try to convince people, it's really because you are trying to convince yourself as Jvan kinda said.

As far as D'Joun Smith goes, he said he would be the best CB in the NFL with the right coaching. Maybe he said he would be the best CB in the draft he was in, I don't remember, but everyone is unproven in this year's draft, so he isn't claiming to be better than Revis, Sherman or Vontae like RGIII is claiming to be better than Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Luck. He's a self entitled punk that is all about himself, makes excuses, and puts himself before the team. He cares about his image and what he can get out of people.

In addition to saying he could be the best in the league, your rookie CB said he was the best in the draft.

I don't respect disparaging comments like "he is a self-entitled punk". It just makes the writer of the comment appear angry and immature. What does it matter to you if he thinks he is the best. It does not change how you, I or anyone else sees him. The hatred for him is uncalled for.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As funny as some of this may be, especially in light of his recent comments, laughing at a guy who has gotten hurt is....well, classless.  We colts fans would be * if that was our QB it was happening too.

That said, he is still a bust, I called it years ago when he was drafted.

In addition to saying he could be the best in the league, your rookie CB said he was the best in the draft.

I don't respect disparaging comments like "he is a self-entitled punk". It just makes the writer of the comment appear angry and immature. What does it matter to you if he thinks he is the best. It does not change how you, I or anyone else sees him. The hatred for him is uncalled for.

It matters to me because he is disrespecting people who have put in hard work and are actually the best. You are very naive if you actually think he believes that he is the best. He is saying it for his image, to look like he is better than his peers without producing the results. It is extremely disrespectful to compare yourself to someone at a higher level than you and say you are as good as them when you have done nothing to prove it. If you've competed in something and accomplished something individually, you know that. People like Brady and Manning keep their mouth shut because their play does the talking, not their mouth. 

As far as hatred goes, he's not even relevant at this point in time let alone worthy of being hated. He's like the equivalent of an 8 year old beating me in poker for money, no threat at that point, just like he is no threat to win anything major. He needs to grow up, be mature, and produce on the field. Even Johnny Manziel realizes that now.

No one ever said that RG3 is the first player to ever say he was the best. The fact that many of us think that' s news worthy coming from a guy that was benched last year for both Cousins and McCoy is kind of our business no....? You can go to another board and see if you get a better rise of of the Smith comments.. have at it. As far as being chastised by you for the "hate" that's as silly as it gets. Maybe it's more the fact that we went through numerous "luck threads " which included 

1) Quiz Boy's Schaub >  Luck.

2) Houston Wash and NE fans all over RG# > Luck

3) Last years year end beauty that Pat fans jumped all over . Luck and Dalton were the same guy. That one was just plain trolling.

So I guess now some Colt fans enjoy bashing a bit here. It is a guy that killed Shanahan and will cost Gruden his job before it's over. How quickly everyone forgets that Gruden tried like all heck to bury this guy and move on. No doubt in the world it was management that told him this would be his QB and to act like he thinks it's a good idea.

No one ever said that RG3 is the first player to ever say he was the best. The fact that many of us think that' s news worthy coming from a guy that was benched last year for both Cousins and McCoy is kind of our business no....? You can go to another board and see if you get a better rise of of the Smith comments.. have at it. As far as being chastised by you for the "hate" that's as silly as it gets. Maybe it's more the fact that we went through numerous "luck threads " which included

1) Quiz Boy's Schaub > Luck.

2) Houston Wash and NE fans all over RG# > Luck

3) Last years year end beauty that Pat fans jumped all over . Luck and Dalton were the same guy. That one was just plain trolling.

So I guess now some Colt fans enjoy bashing a bit here. It is a guy that killed Shanahan and will cost Gruden his job before it's over. How quickly everyone forgets that Gruden tried like all heck to bury this guy and move on. No doubt in the world it was management that told him this would be his QB and to act like he thinks it's a good idea.

Still no big deal to me. I guess it takes a lot more for me to hate a player than his saying he thinks he is the best.

BTW, I have no problem with your rookie CB saying he is the best. He has confidence and I like that.

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I find that Colts fans are more critical of RG3 than fans of other teams. There is nothing wrong with a player believing that he is the best. I think many players believe that about themselves although they may not come out and say it.

BTW, your rookie CB said he thought he was the best CB in the draft. Did Colts fans have a problem with that? :P

Agree that I'm sure many think that, and there's nothing wrong with that, just in this case it seemed an ill judged thing to say.

Addressed Smith's comments in my previous posts, I know it's weird but Rookies I'm kinda ok with if they say it in right way. He said he might.. Might be one of the best with hard work and good coaching.

Sadly I think at this stage in his career we may never get to see the RGIII of his rookie career. How many talented young qb's careers never developed do to poor protection/management. Granted Robert has a part in all that and some players still over come it but you can almost see his eyes pull down from down field to look for what was coming....and you almost can't blame him. Thats a horrible OL...like Houston Texans expansion team with Carr horrible...or Cleveland Browns with Couch horrible....I've been rooting for the young man to succeed but if they don't put a line around him well he is better off running the read option to slow down the rush and just letting him run it because he will get killed one way or another.

LOL.  Right after Eli, Tony, Aaron, Teddy, Matt, Matty Ice, Drew, Sam, Cam, Russell, Carson, Ben, Joe, Andy, Philip, Peyton, Andrew, Tom and Ryan; I'm sure he's right up there in the conversation.  After the first game, I'm certain all the guys that were knocking him down are curious to see the real thing.  

Still no big deal to me. I guess it takes a lot more for me to hate a player than his saying he thinks he is the best.

BTW, I have no problem with your rookie CB saying he is the best. He has confidence and I like that.

We good as I may have misunderstood you a bit. BTW... I don't hate RG3 but I can't help thinking when he talks .....mostly less is better than more.

Oh, of course it's QwizBoy's fault Colts fans hate Griffin. Oh, it's also Patriots fans fault too. Complete bull.

I think people are sore that AL didn't win rookie of the year or heisman for that matter but honestly Robert earned those. I also think people like to tear people down so they can build themselves up....it just isn't needed though...Colts have done great making the choice they did. Some hear a couple ESPN analysist make a couple comments that Robert might be the better qb when he came out and suddenly we get an inferiority complex and then take every chance we can to say see we are right. Its kinda sad...because honestly there is enough room for both players to be successful...this league NEEDS good young QB talent because in a few years they are going to have to carry it. Just like Bird/Magic/Jordan carried the NBA back from irrelevance and put it in the spot light so did Favre, Peyton, Tom, and Drew launch the NFL into the popularity it is seeing now too. Every league needs its stars....the NFL especially QBs...so I wish we would get behind some of these young guys if we want to see great football played after this crop of stars are gone. Don't know how you got dragged in lol...maybe being from Texas but if you call someone out on it...well you usually get attacked....I'm waiting for the responses from my post now lol.

Agree that I'm sure many think that, and there's nothing wrong with that, just in this case it seemed an ill judged thing to say.

Addressed Smith's comments in my previous posts, I know it's weird but Rookies I'm kinda ok with if they say it in right way. He said he might.. Might be one of the best with hard work and good coaching.

I did see your earlier posts. You addressed Smith's more recent comments but not those before the draft. He said he was the best CB in the draft, not that he could become the best. Anyway, it's not important. I was just pointing out the double standard.

I am not a fan of RG3 but I think he gets too much criticism here.

Sports talk radio is saying in last night game RGIII played four sets with back up OL personnel and one guard that won't even make the team. He said no team would ever  submit their starter to four sets in the second play off game. This is on the Jim Rome station here in H town. The substitute host claims there is no doubt this was an intentional move against RG. I do know if he gets hurt next year they have to pay him 16 mil, correct me if I am wrong on that but I think that was said on ESPN.  Oh well, good gossip stuff for the ongoing soap opera once known as the NFL.

Oh, of course it's QwizBoy's fault Colts fans hate Griffin. Oh, it's also Patriots fans fault too. Complete bull.

"Colt fans hate RG3." What a ridiculous , generalized piece of nonsense that is. What I was referring to was troll like people that post just to annoy. Anyone that would say Luck is like Dalton or Schaub is better than Luck is probably a troll as even the most ignorant football fan would not try to say that. Now if Quiz boy and some Pat fanes fit in there , what can I say ?

I'll say it did seem a little fishy.  Gruden claimed he needed the work, but why was it so important that he stand behind that onslaught when the following week(3rd preseason game) will give him plenty of playing time behind the real starters?  The starters play into the third quarter, and he's already played some in the first game.  Not sure if I am ready to say it was definitely intentional, but I know for a fact better quarterbacks would have been taken out.

Lets not forget that Gruden tried like all heck to distance himself from RG3 last year. But that said , I really doubt they intentionally tried to get him hurt. Maybe they wanted to see how he would react under pressure ? If so .. I think that was a bad idea too.

The one where Levy hit RG3... it wasn't the OL's fault

that was a long out route with a delayed blitz by Levy.  They came with more defenders than the OL had.  The OL can only block so long on those type of plays.

I personally just think RG3 is injury prone.  Talented player but now is gun shy and missed alot of development due to injuries, just like David Carr.  Getting sacked that much and not having the body to take the hits (unlike Luck) will definitely have an impact on players.

There is a reason why Bob Sanders was always hurt.  He didn't have the body to take the beatings due to being smaller than most players.  RG3 is larger than Bob, but has a slim body (probably pure lean muscle).  He does need to release the ball earlier and make adjustments before the play

I did see your earlier posts. You addressed Smith's more recent comments but not those before the draft. He said he was the best CB in the draft, not that he could become the best. Anyway, it's not important. I was just pointing out the double standard.

I am not a fan of RG3 but I think he gets too much criticism here.

Meh don't know if it's a double standard as such as I held rookies to a different standard. Illogical I know.

When you've done nothing in the league for 3 seasons it's a bit rich to proclaim yourself the best.

Anyway shouldn't you be happy you've got the 2nd best young QB :P

I think people are sore that AL didn't win rookie of the year or heisman for that matter but honestly Robert earned those. I also think people like to tear people down so they can build themselves up....it just isn't needed though...Colts have done great making the choice they did. Some hear a couple ESPN analysist make a couple comments that Robert might be the better qb when he came out and suddenly we get an inferiority complex and then take every chance we can to say see we are right. Its kinda sad...because honestly there is enough room for both players to be successful...this league NEEDS good young QB talent because in a few years they are going to have to carry it. Just like Bird/Magic/Jordan carried the NBA back from irrelevance and put it in the spot light so did Favre, Peyton, Tom, and Drew launch the NFL into the popularity it is seeing now too. Every league needs its stars....the NFL especially QBs...so I wish we would get behind some of these young guys if we want to see great football played after this crop of stars are gone. Don't know how you got dragged in lol...maybe being from Texas but if you call someone out on it...well you usually get attacked....I'm waiting for the responses from my post now lol.

All well said. When you have the best young QB in the league, there is no reason to hate on anyone else.

why you so cranky?

I don't hate RGIII.  I was fine with him at first although weary of Skip Bayless and his endless RGIII is better than Andrew Luck......blah blah blah

I was fine with all his endorsement deals and didn't care much about him still

But then......the drama on that team, around him and now him not sounding like he's learned anything

I'm just not a fan of his now.  So, it's a bit more negative than not caring about him but far less than hating him.

He doesn't seem like he cares about the team nearly as much as he cares about himself

Like he's got some growing up to do still, you know?

Meh don't know if it's a double standard as such as I held rookies to a different standard. Illogical I know.

When you've done nothing in the league for 3 seasons it's a bit rich to proclaim yourself the best.

Anyway shouldn't you be happy you've got the 2nd best young QB :P

I am happy! I don't know if Teddy is second best but I am very happy to have him. That is why I don't have to dislike any other QB. ;)

All well said. When you have the best young QB in the league, there is no reason to hate on anyone else.

I don't see it as hate. Yeah, some people really dislike Griffin. He's earned some of that with his demeanor.

But this thread is really about how he's most definitely NOT the best QB in the NFL, or even close. I don't see why it matters what fans think of him personally. I don't think even the most favorable fanbase would agree with that kind of comment. Even Baylor fans would laugh him out of the room. He's just not the best QB in the NFL, regardless what he says.

And as a merge of those two things, if he had hedged his comments just a little, he might not have set so many people off.

I disagree.

Then why do you think Colts fans dislike him so much? He does not play in your division or even in the same conference. You play him only once every 4 years. I don't think he has off-the-field issues. Is it just his personality that they don't like?

BTW, did you ever post the QB rankings you promised us? I have been looking forward to it.

I disagree. 

Yeah.. I mean who cared then and who cares now. What I did say back then was we took the best QB as that read option crap would never hold up in the NFL. It masked all the short comings Griffin had if he was forced to play QB from the pocket. Most of us really never had big issue with RG3 getting that award.

The problem with Griffin now is the same as it was back then , plus an added item or two. Because some of us are football fans and bring what's below up , does not make us haters . Heck .. it doesn't even make us unfair evaluators. 

1) Can't read an NFL defense.

2) Poor pocket presence and sees "ghost in the pocket."

3) Questionable mechaniics (horrible) footwork.

4) Says he works his butt off but lots of guys say that.

5) Appears to be a bad locker room guy and seems to be ready to throw the whole organization under the bus at any given monument .

6) Small framed guy with two reconstructive knee surgeries already. Appears to be very injury prone.

On the plus side 

1) Very good arm talent if he ever corrects the faulty mechanics.

2) Still a very legit threat to pull the ball down and run.

I don't see it as hate. Yeah, some people really dislike Griffin. He's earned some of that with his demeanor.

But this thread is really about how he's most definitely NOT the best QB in the NFL, or even close. I don't see why it matters what fans think of him personally. I don't think even the most favorable fanbase would agree with that kind of comment. Even Baylor fans would laugh him out of the room. He's just not the best QB in the NFL, regardless what he says.

And as a merge of those two things, if he had hedged his comments just a little, he might not have set so many people off.

Re-read what he said but with an open mind. A non-biased person interprets it differently. I read it as him saying that he has to think he is the best in order to be the best. He added that he believes that if any player does not see himslef as the best, then that player is not a competitor. That adds some context to his statements.

why you so cranky?

I don't hate RGIII.  I was fine with him at first although weary of Skip Bayless and his endless RGIII is better than Andrew Luck......blah blah blah

I was fine with all his endorsement deals and didn't care much about him still

But then......the drama on that team, around him and now him not sounding like he's learned anything

I'm just not a fan of his now.  So, it's a bit more negative than not caring about him but far less than hating him.

He doesn't seem like he cares about the team nearly as much as he cares about himself

Like he's got some growing up to do still, you know?

That makes you a hater in my book..... BTW... they will all disappear when he doesn't "develop into the very good QB some here are predicting.

Re-read what he said but with an open mind. A non-biased person interprets it differently. I read it as him saying that he has to think he is the best in order to be the best. He added that he believes that if any player does not see himslef as the best, then that player is not a competitor. That adds some context to his statements.

Jesus.. first we're haters and now we are biased. You're kidding me right ? You have a guy that was benched for Colt McCoy saying he's the best . 

Sorry for the messed up post.....

That makes you a hater in my book..... BTW... they will all disappear when he doesn't "develop into the very good QB some here are predicting.

Jesus.. first we're haters and now we are biased. You're kidding me right ? You have a guy that was benched for Colt McCoy saying he's the best . 

Sorry for the messed up post.....

Noted: Not being a fan = Hater

Then why do you think Colts fans dislike him so much? He does not play in your division or even in the same conference. You play him only once every 4 years. I don't think he has off-the-field issues. Is it just his personality that they don't like?

BTW, did you ever post the QB rankings you promised us? I have been looking forward to it.

I don't think he's likable. I don't think it's just Colts fans. Sure there's some contention because of the Luck/Griffin issue, but he's a hot button for a lot of fans. Personality for a lot, and according to Bomani Jones, it's "those braids." He had a hilarious segment about that yesterday afternoon.

I didn't ever post my QB rankings...   :(   Let's see how this weekend goes...