RG3 says hes the best QB in the league

RockThatBlue

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does this mean RG111 is the Wiz?  Just kidding.....

Seriously, it could be that he is saying that to make himself feel better. I don't have a problem with RG111; if he wants to believe that he is the best, so be it. His playing proves otherwise, but he can't see beyone his image.

Sorry for the delay in replying to this, real life juggling....

I get the point you're making and be lying if I said I didn't have a dislike for RG3. However, as weird as this might sound, I can deal with a with Rookie saying he could be one of the best in the game. Smith's actual works were:

"Under the right tutelage and the right coach that's going to make my technique even better, I'm probably going to be the best cornerback to play the game"

A little arrogant sure, but I can live with it coming from a Rookie because they're an unknown quantity if that makes sense?

In the case of RG3, when you've been struggling (admittedly with injury) for the last 2 seasons and have built up this repudiation as being a headache for team mates and coaches this really wasn't a sensible thing to say, no matter the context. Shut up, head down, work hard, let your play do the talking then maybe come out with the sound bytes. He seems to worry more about his image than his play.

Ah okay, I see where you're coming from too. You're right that Griffin at this point would be best served just playing all out and maybe making comments after he at least gets his career under control and his reigns firmly on the starter role. This honestly became a bigger story then it should have been though lol.

Ah okay, I see where you're coming from too. You're right that Griffin at this point would be best served just playing all out and maybe making comments after he at least gets his career under control and his reigns firmly on the starter role. This honestly became a bigger story then it should have been though lol.

This is what I don't get with him, for someone who is so active on social media you think he would have learnt by now, what he might think is a throw away comment will get blown up quite easily.

Maybe he just enjoys the attention? :P

Usually not a good sign when you get sacked 3 times while completing 2 passes.

Ohh forgot to mention that he had as many fumbles as completions . So the line for the leagues best QB was 2-5 for 8 yards . Three sacks and two fumbles. 

Ohh forgot to mention that he had as many fumbles as completions . So the line for the leagues best QB was 2-5 for 8 yards . Three sacks and two fumbles. 

OK.. I just watched clips of that game and Washington's O Line was hideous. Much of that was not RG's fault. Do I think he's a good QB ? No. Do I think he will ever be a good QB ? Probably a low tier starter at best . But tonight was more on the O line than on RG3.

That O Line as far as pass blocking wise is garbage and has been garbage even before he was drafted outside of LT

Yep. I fault them both. RGIII and the O-Line. That guy has been running for his life ever since he was drafted by Washington. His legs and moves served him well the first year. He gets hurt. Then, it's the baby (QB) and the bath water (O-Line) thrown out together trying to recover from the shenanigans and multiple injuries.

OK.. I just watched clips of that game and Washington's O Line was hideous. Much of that was not RG's fault. Do I think he's a good QB ? No. Do I think he will ever be a good QB ? Probably a low tier starter at best . But tonight was more on the O line than on RG3.

I'd agree, but still I think RG3 has to responsibility for his own shortcomings, something he's singularly failed to do so far.

Meh, we got the right QB so I'm happy. Dear lord imagine RG3 behind our 2012 line.. It would be have been corporate manslaughter.

ESPN/NFL Network : RGIII suffers concussion and stinger against the Lions tonight. Left in 2nd quarter. 1 fumble 3 sacks. Not a good night for the Redskins or their fans.

It was actually 2 fumbles and 1 fumble lost. That O-Line was brutal, but it's still even responsibility between RGIII and the O-Line. Also, Trent Williams wasn't playing and when he was last year, RGIII was still awful. I think this was a terrible night for RGIII, but I think it has the potential to be a good night for the Redskins and their fans if Kirk Cousins starts the rest of the preseason and becomes their permanent starter and proves he can be a respectable one. He's the only QB with potential on their IMO. If he can become like Andy Dalton and the Redskins figure it out before the season ends, it will save them a lot of hardache. Jay Gruden would then become the perfect QB for Cousins.

...I think RG3 has to responsibility for his own shortcomings, something he's singularly failed to do so far.

This is not a fair statement about last night's game. That OL was horrendous. The best QB in the league would not have survived that.

Why do Colts fans take so much delight in seeing RG3 fail? It is not necessary, as you guys have the best young QB in the game.

RGs inability to develop further as a QB is as much on his organization as it is on him. What a joke of a line last night to put in front of him.

This is not a fair statement about last night's game. That OL was horrendous. The best QB in the league would not have survived that.

Why do Colts fans take so much delight in seeing RG3 fail? It is not necessary, as you guys have the best young QB in the game.

Ahh sorry to be clear I wasn't being specific to last night but in general. I'd argue though that a bigger bodied QB might have stood up better though but that's unfair on RG3.

What irks me is his well documented arrogance, he certainly has talent but it comes across he lacks the willingness and humility to work in developing it.

I don't delight in his failing, though there is a degree of "I told you so" if we were to revist the 2012 debates on here prior to the draft.

RGs inability to develop further as a QB is as much on his organization as it is on him. What a joke of a line last night to put in front of him.

There is that too, a horrible match of franchise and player. I just don't get it. Why give up so much for him then literally run him into the ground. The first year scheme while effective put him at a high level of risk. Same reason why I hated BA's play calling here when we had a similarly bad line. Add in a offseason for other teams to watch film on him and it's no wonder he get hurt really.

The question of course is, was he talented enough to take less risks and stay in the pocket more. Arm wise I'd say so, mentally... Maybe not so much..

Put it another way, look back at any QB who's been taken in the first and had such a arrogant attitude coming into the league, not one has ever been successful. Russell, Leaf etc. What the arrogance shows is they are unwilling to accept they have things they need to learn to suceed at this level, but that's just my opinion.

There is that too, a horrible match of franchise and player. I just don't get it. Why give up so much for him then literally run him into the ground. The first year scheme while effective put him at a high level of risk. Same reason why I hated BA's play calling here when we had a similarly bad line. Add in a offseason for other teams to watch film on him and it's no wonder he get hurt really.

The question of course is, was he talented enough to take less risks and stay in the pocket more. Arm wise I'd say so, mentally... Maybe not so much..

Put it another way, look back at any QB who's been taken in the first and had such a arrogant attitude coming into the league, not one has ever been successful. Russell, Leaf etc. What the arrogance shows is they are unwilling to accept they have things they need to learn to suceed at this level, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I think for sure it is combo. But the Redskins are easily the most dysfunctional team in the league. I doubt RG is the first top QB to come into the league on a high horse. Rodgers strikes me as just as arrogant to be honest. The issue though for RG is his owner stroked that ego and gave him the rose petal treatment to the chagrin of his HC. So that is where the entitlement came from and ultimately led to his HC leaving and now he has Gruden who IMO is in over his head.

Yeah, I think for sure it is combo. But the Redskins are easily the most dysfunctional team in the league. I doubt RG is the first top QB to come into the league on a high horse. Rodgers strikes me as just as arrogant to be honest. The issue though for RG is his owner stroked that ego and gave him the rose petal treatment to the chagrin of his HC. So that is where the entitlement came from and ultimately led to his HC leaving and now he has Gruden who IMO is in over his head.

I get what you mean about Rodgers but at least he has the play to back it up. He certainly had a chip on his shoulder coming into the league but that might have served him well in the end.

Ahh sorry to be clear I wasn't being specific to last night but in general. I'd argue though that a bigger bodied QB might have stood up better though but that's unfair on RG3.

What irks me is his well documented arrogance, he certainly has talent but it comes across he lacks the willingness and humility to work in developing it.

I don't delight in his failing, though there is a degree of "I told you so" if we were to revist the 2012 debates on here prior to the draft.

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I find that Colts fans are more critical of RG3 than fans of other teams. There is nothing wrong with a player believing that he is the best. I think many players believe that about themselves although they may not come out and say it.

BTW, your rookie CB said he thought he was the best CB in the draft. Did Colts fans have a problem with that? :P

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I find that Colts fans are more critical of RG3 than fans of other teams. There is nothing wrong with a player believing that he is the best. I think many players believe that about themselves although they may not come out and say it.

BTW, your rookie CB said he thought he was the best CB in the draft. Did Colts fans have a problem with that? :P

Probably the 2 reasons we are more critical of him is that the decision we (and I mean Grigson) made, will always come up when discussing Luck and RGIII. Which QB was better, who was the best choice? This is just like Peyton and Leaf all over again where the wrong choice could have been catastrophic for the Colts organization. RGIII, a bottom 5 starting qb, then bold face says that he thinks he's the best qb in the NFL. Whether he says it or not, he knows he's full of it. Even with his great rookie year, that alone would make him a mid tier qb, now he is struggling to stay the best qb on his team. 

The 2nd reason I'm more critical of him is the fact that if the roles were reversed and Luck was as bad as RGIII, we'd be hearing it from Redskins posters that created accounts on here, media members, and commentators from every game we played with him for however long we had him. He's a bust for just a 2nd overall pick, and let me remind you, the Redskins traded three 1sts and a 2nd to get him, so he would have to be a Hall of Fame type QB or at least win them a SB to be worth the cost. There's a reason there aren't Redskin fans on here posting, they are embarrased about RGIII and have nothing to brag about. I looked at their site and they don't even mention Luck because they try not to think about it. Manning and Brady don't have to tell people they are good, everyone already knows, when you have to try to convince people, it's really because you are trying to convince yourself as Jvan kinda said.

As far as D'Joun Smith goes, he said he would be the best CB in the NFL with the right coaching. Maybe he said he would be the best CB in the draft he was in, I don't remember, but everyone is unproven in this year's draft, so he isn't claiming to be better than Revis, Sherman or Vontae like RGIII is claiming to be better than Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Luck. He's a self entitled punk that is all about himself, makes excuses, and puts himself before the team. He cares about his image and what he can get out of people.