Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate Central (one thread, merged, moderated)

IndyD4U

To your red - if they don't then they need to educate themselves as the NFL in its history has never punished such a violation by anything more than a warning or a fine. And further, a deflated football has disadvantages too as it does not travel as fast (velocity diminished) or as far (distance). That is why it is a preference thing where some Qbs like it on the light side for grip and feel while others like Rodgers like it on the higher side for distance and velocity.

To the blue - it is not irrelevant because we are talking about degree of competitive advantage as that is the main reason why the NFL has never come down hard on it or any pro sport for that matter because the advantaged gained is minimal and the fact that Brady scored MORE points with the pumped up footballs in the second half of the AFCCG when the weather worsened shows just how insignificant it was in terms of a competitive advantage on top of his blistering performance verse Seattle in the SB.

I see, the problem is that everyone who disagrees with you is just ignorant.

Violating the integrity of the game may be worse for other offenses and perhaps that will play in to the ultimate consequence for this.

But that does not change the simple truth, he should not have done it, but he did.  Very simple.  

And he should be called out for it.  Whatever the consequence ends up being.........fact is, he did it, it was petty, and he should not have done it but he did.

Bottom line, nothing else matters

The federal case that has sprung from this is incomprehensible.  Man up and take responsibility for your behavior and move on.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the most definitive post on the subject I could find. If saying I think you people will be disappointed with the results is calling you off your rockers (which you are ) then like I say .. you are delusional. Like I've said many times , I'm very bad when I "play lawyer" and I figured he would be risking a lot going to court . 

It didn't copy but I did think it would not go to court. But I did not call anyone off their rocker for thinking that.

You said this on June 20:

With all due respect , I think you am , virulent and dynasty 13 are going to be very disappointed with the outcome of this. Tom Brady , IMO will take any reduced sentence offered to him in lieu of taking this to court. He's saying court to better his bargaining position. With the burden of proof required for the NFL , Brady is going to have to do more than just say "I didn't do anything wrong." Between his refusal to show phone records and what could be a brutal cross examination of the two ex NE employees , IMO there is no way this is taken to the next level. Sad thing as to this forum anyway , this would point to his guilt or involvement and you all will still be in denial.

The judge has been pretty clear here.  The judge wants both sides to get together and work things out.  That means either Brady is going to sit some games or he's going to run the risk of winding up in front of a judge after the judge told them to work things out.  Assuming the league offers what would be reasonable which is a two game suspension (which for the record is what a lot of Colts fans and other people have been saying Brady would end up with since the four game suspension was announced) either Brady would have to agree to that or look like he's the one who is unwillingly to deal after the judge told him and the league to do just that.  The judge probably isn't going to look too kindly on that.  Also it's more than likely that the judge and no one else outside of Brady's support camp is going to think it's reasonable for an agreement between both sides to not include a suspension. 

Pushing for settlement talks is not uncommon in any case. The judge understands the need to resolve this expeditiously, so he has ordered it by a date certain. But this is common practice. The parties usually have much more time, but this judge is aware of the ramifications. Does not mean either party is forced to compromise in any way whatsoever. And I don't believe the NFL wants to come down at all from 4 games as Roger said himself in the appeal award letter that he considers this violation on par with PEDs.

With all due respect , I think you am , virulent and dynasty 13 are going to be very disappointed with the outcome of this. Tom Brady , IMO will take any reduced sentence offered to him in lieu of taking this to court. He's saying court to better his bargaining position. With the burden of proof required for the NFL , Brady is going to have to do more than just say "I didn't do anything wrong." Between his refusal to show phone records and what could be a brutal cross examination of the two ex NE employees , IMO there is no way this is taken to the next level. Sad thing as to this forum anyway , this would point to his guilt or involvement and you all will still be in denial.

Admit it - you are kind of enjoying all this deflate gate banter.  It has provided you with hours of entertainment.  What else would you have done with all the hours logged online without it?

Admit it - you are kind of enjoying all this deflate gate banter.  It has provided you with hours of entertainment.  What else would you have done with all the hours logged online without it?

I enjoy you guys no matter what we are discussing. :heart:  :kitty:

I would have been just as much without DG.

I enjoy you guys no matter what we are discussing. :heart:  :kitty:

I would have been just as much without DG.

Well reading your often contradictory and illogical posts on basically every topic is sport for us as well.  You are the gift that keeps on giving.  Thanks.

Brady's legacy will be just fine. Everyone out there knows that this violation is a complete joke and something for which the NFL has made itself look foolish and incompetent as usual. And of course it allegedly occurred in a blow out win where Brad scored more points in the second half with inflated footballs than he did in the first half and then went on to shred the best defense in the league in the SB with the best Super Bowl fourth quarter in history.

Did you happen to listen last week to WEEI when they were going through the teams in the AFC East? They had Pats hater Manish Mehta to talk about the Jets. They asked him at the end what his thoughts were on Brady related to deflategate and he said that Brady will be ultimately unaffected as he is an all time great whose performance in the past Super Bowl cemented him as the greatest QB in the game. Now if anyone was going to try to use deflategate as a way to take a shot at Brady it would have been Mehta who hates the Pats more than anyone and even he said it won't matter.

What affected Brady's legacy the most these past 7 months was winning that SB in the manner he did. Had he lost that game, he would have gotten lumped in with Elway and Kelly and those QBs that have lost 3 or more SBs but he came through instead with this 3rd SB MVP - most in history with Montana.

You are sooooooooooooooooooo blind and fooled it's not even funny. It's plain ignorance of the facts that's what it is. You need to read the Goodell report... especially pages 7-10. It's paints a very ugly and bad picture of Brady my friend. It quite frankly makes Brady look foolish and just further shows how likely it is Brady is lying and hiding the TRUTH!!! His stories don't match one stinking bit!!! And he thinks he has a chance to look innocent in court!?!? That's a big joke!!! Trust whether you ever choose to to accept or believe it or not, his legacy already is gonna be tainted. His accomplishmen's will not be taken from him. BUT there will be much question down the line as to whether he ever really played the game FAIRLY and by the RULES and of his INTEGRITY!!! This is a media driven age now. So everyone and their brothers mother that has any interest in football knows just what Tom has done. In the publics eye hes guilty!!! And now they see how he's continued to be uncooperative, tried to cover things up and how his stories are Changing... it's getting worse for him by the day. And it will be even worse if he gets nothing outta court which is a very good possibility. There is definitely a smudge on his legacy and it's getting bigger as the days go by. You are very very deceived my friend.... and by a liar at that!!! Sad sad!!!

The judge has been pretty clear here.  The judge wants both sides to get together and work things out.  That means either Brady is going to sit some games or he's going to run the risk of winding up in front of a judge after the judge told them to work things out.  Assuming the league offers what would be reasonable which is a two game suspension (which for the record is what a lot of Colts fans and other people have been saying Brady would end up with since the four game suspension was announced) either Brady would have to agree to that or look like he's the one who is unwillingly to deal after the judge told him and the league to do just that.  The judge probably isn't going to look too kindly on that.  Also it's more than likely that the judge and no one else outside of Brady's support camp is going to think it's reasonable for an agreement between both sides to not include a suspension. 

The problem is the NFL will not reduce the suspension without an admission of guilt.

Have you missed all the former QBs who have come out and said they messed with the air pressure after the refs tested them? Jeff Blake admitted to having his ball boys do it for all SIX NFL teams he played for. Brad Johnson said he paid thousands of dollars for his balls to be doctored how he liked them prior to playing in the SB in 2002. Again, no penalty from the league other than warnings and fines.

And because they did it that makes it right???? Really??? What kind of fake world do you live in??? So because there are people out there who have gotten away with murder.... that just makes it okay for other people to murder??? Rrally is this your sad...pathetic excuse for logic??? Jeeeesh some people amaze me.... and not in a good way. You're so full of it it's not even funny. Soooo very sad!!

Bottom line is... CHEATING is CHEATING and YOUR team got caught!!! Too bad so sad for you and your cheating... lying golden boy. Who looks like a total piece of trash right now. How's your boy gonna answer in court to having his phone destroyed and saying it's routine practice yet they did a forensics test with an even older phone???? And the timing that it just so happened to be destroyed??? Then how's he gonna answer to the fact that he never told Mr. Wells initially at the beginning about destroying his phones??? How's he gonna answer the fact that in the months leading up to the AFC championship game him and Mr. Jestremski had basically no contact to all the suddenly in the 2-3 days after the game they exchanged numerous texts and multiple phone conversations??? As well as answer to phrases that were mentioned in the texts... like having the "needle" ready and many others....??? Yeah your boy is gonna have alot to answer to... and more lies won't cut it. These are just a very few things too...

It is preference versus advantage. If there was such a great advantage to under inflation than Rodgers would not be trying to over inflate. He said it is 50/50 between QBs that like then lower versus higher. And if this ridiculous fumble rate was so effected by air ball pressure as some here like to claim than every single HC would be having his QBs on the lower range including McCarthy telling Rodgers to set them at 12.5 and not trying to sneak then in at 14 especially in frigid GB.

I mean let's be real here. The NFL has let QBs doctor their owns balls since 2006 when Brady and Manning asked them too. They are the only sports league that let's their QBs control the game ball and now all of sudden they care about the air pressure that was not even significantly decreased in the AFCCG as if you take into account the Ideal Gas law than the Pats balls were literally deflated by .4 psi. I mean that is a complete joke and is also why fans are so * at Mortensen as IF his report has been true and the Pats were balls were really 2lbs + under than Ok, tampering for sure but his report was completely bogus and no one in the league corrected it which has now led to Kraft posting the emails with the league where they continued to NOT do anything about the bogus leak.

So yeah IMO this whole thing is a complete joke and will not effect Brady's legacy at all IMO.

Maybe you don't want it hurt his legacy. Buy that fact is.... it already has. Sorry!!! You're just gonna have to get over it!

Maybe you don't want it hurt his legacy. Buy that fact is.... it already has. Sorry!!! You're just gonna have to get over it!

Time heals all 'wounds.'

This whole thing will become a footnote, no more, no less. People who don't want to won't forget it, but it won't affect his place on all time lists, it won't affect his place on NFL Network countdowns, it won't affect his place in the Hall of Fame, and it won't affect when he is mentioned years and years from now during Superbowl broadcasts when they talk about him.

And I'm sorry to say, but regardless of the outcome of this whole thing, you're just gonna have to get over it too. If he just admitted it at the beginning, the haters would still call him out for it. Their minds were made up the second the Mortensen tweet went public. All the rest is just a show and hasn't changed a thing. 

Pretty impressive to see a need hidden under a sleeve. Also I don't think CSNNE is an unbiased source for a rebuttal, not that logic and an unbiased opinion has stopped you from commenting in the past.

Reading issues again, I see .

The report clearly States that evidence was given regarding the Colts' use of needles on the sideline.

Evidence .

Ignore that if you want, but that's reality.

Yeah .. and isn't that exactly what O owned up to ? I cited that post and said it didm't copy for me. I was too tired to open another window and find it again. What the above says is I think you people will end up disappointed with the outcome of this So far that is really spot on, I also said I felt Brady would probably not take it to court. I owned up to being wring on that. I also denied saying you two were off your rocker for thinking Brady would take it to court. I think you both are off your rockers but I never said it was for that belief. 

Bottom line is you people just throw crap at the walls all day long and hope something sticks. 

It doesn't even matter if he reveals his source...his tweet literally read 'PER LEAGUE SOURCES'.

Dude, you do realize that any player could qualify as a "League Source." Heck, even the guy that cleans out Goodells' Trash at night could be a "League Source." That term is a VERY broad stroke that covers just about anyone.

The officials that measured the balls and knew the actual numbers? The fact is that somebody intentionally provided false information to Mortensen to report...so there's a motive in there for someone connected with the league. I don't really understand how you guys can't see that as a problem for Patriot's fans.

So you're just mad that someone lied about the extent to which the patriots cheated?

So you're just mad that someone lied about the extent to which the patriots cheated?

No, I'm mad that someone intentionally gave wrong information that would be reported to the public as a way to form the narrative before any actual information was out there. Don't even try to act like the court of public opinion didn't rule the second that Mortensen tweet came out. All you have to do is go back and read the initial deflategate thread on this very board and you will see that THAT is the very moment that the tone changed regarding this whole thing. 

And please, for those of you guys that have spent the last 7 months telling Patriots fans not to deflect and not to try to make up excuses or explanations for things, don't now go and try to make it seem like some it was actually possible that some janitor or mail guy was Mortensen's source. That's as ridiculous as some of the explanations that even Patriots fans have come with during this whole ordeal. 

No, I'm mad that someone intentionally gave wrong information that would be reported to the public as a way to form the narrative before any actual information was out there. Don't even try to act like the court of public opinion didn't rule the second that Mortensen tweet came out. All you have to do is go back and read the initial deflategate thread on this very board and you will see that THAT is the very moment that the tone changed regarding this whole thing. 

And please, for those of you guys that have spent the last 7 months telling Patriots fans not to deflect and not to try to make up excuses or explanations for things, don't now go and try to make it seem like some it was actually possible that some janitor or mail guy was Mortensen's source. That's as ridiculous as some of the explanations that even Patriots fans have come with during this whole ordeal. 

The narrative was that they cheated...  The rest are just the details.  Seems the narrative was correct to me. The initial tone was that,  "Oh look the Patriots Cheated again, another tainted Superbowl, and overall anger and frustration."  Even Patriots members here were disappointed with their team.  The ONLY people here that have changed their tone here are the Patriots fans, everyone else has had a pretty consistent opinion.  They cheated. 

And i was merely pointing out that a League Source does not mean someone in Goodells office.  Easily could have been another owner. 

The narrative was that they cheated...  The rest are just the details.  Seems the narrative was correct to me. The initial tone was that,  "Oh look the Patriots Cheated again, another tainted Superbowl, and overall anger and frustration."  Even Patriots members here were disappointed with their team.  The ONLY people here that have changed their tone here are the Patriots fans, everyone else has had a pretty consistent opinion.  They cheated. 

And i was merely pointing out that a League Source does not mean someone in Goodells office.  Easily could have been another owner. 

Oh please. Up to that point all we had was Kravitz's report that the NFL was looking into it. Nobody had any details, nobody knew of the extent of Brady's involvement, nobody knew anything. Mortensen's report changed everything and that's when the flood gates opened. That report was the catalyst for everything that has happened since. It put the Patriots on the defensive immediately (as it turns out they should have been given that the information released at that point was 100% untrue) and everything went downhill from there. 

Reading issues again, I see .

The report clearly States that evidence was given regarding the Colts' use of needles on the sideline.

Evidence .

Ignore that if you want, but that's reality.

Speaking of reading comprehension, do yourself a favor and read your fragment and the last opinion of yours.Take those words to heart and look at the Patriots situation and...never mind you are incapable of doing that. That's not a personal shot btw that's just me looking at the evidence that is your posting history and also my not ignoring reality. It's ironic that you of all people would use the words evidence and reality.

Also to my point which you ignored (you and your selective reading...) I trust reports out of New England as much as I trust the drunk guy down the street that screams "El Diablo" whenever a bus drives by.

Oh please. Up to that point all we had was Kravitz's report that the NFL was looking into it. Nobody had any details, nobody knew of the extent of Brady's involvement, nobody knew anything. Mortensen's report changed everything and that's when the flood gates opened. That report was the catalyst for everything that has happened since. It put the Patriots on the defensive immediately (as it turns out they should have been given that the information released at that point was 100% untrue) and everything went downhill from there.

doesn't change the fact nefarious deeds did occur.

Yeah .. and isn't that exactly what O owned up to ? I cited that post and said it didm't copy for me. I was too tired to open another window and find it again. What the above says is I think you people will end up disappointed with the outcome of this So far that is really spot on, I also said I felt Brady would probably not take it to court. I owned up to being wring on that. I also denied saying you two were off your rocker for thinking Brady would take it to court. I think you both are off your rockers but I never said it was for that belief. 

Bottom line is you people just throw crap at the walls all day long and hope something sticks. 

Yeah, I am just learning the find content feature. Took me a bit to find the post.

I agree about folks not being happy no matter how this turns out. At this point I really do want the sides to settle or just agree to whatever Berman decides.

No I think the flood gates opened when Brady took his first press conference. Dude looked uncomfortable, giving complete non-answers, and overall giving a shady appearance. Mortensens' report merely confirmed what everyone was already thinking, that they cheated. If it's untrue, then what's the problem. Everyone is discussing the facts, though each side has their own skewed facts, that report is history and does nothing to change the overall narrative, the pats cheated and brady was involved. That's all it boils down to. Seriously, only people that have changed their narrative are pats fans. The rest of the league just believes they are cheaters.

The narrative was that they cheated... The rest are just the details. Seems the narrative was correct to me. The initial tone was that, "Oh look the Patriots Cheated again, another tainted Superbowl, and overall anger and frustration." Even Patriots members here were disappointed with their team. The ONLY people here that have changed their tone here are the Patriots fans, everyone else has had a pretty consistent opinion. They cheated.

And i was merely pointing out that a League Source does not mean someone in Goodells office. Easily could have been another owner.

I'm calling nonsense that Patriot fans here were disappointed.

And the fact that the Patriot footballs were 0.02 within the Ideal Gas Law shows the idiocy of the witch hunt.

No I think the flood gates opened when Brady took his first press conference. Dude looked uncomfortable, giving complete non-answers, and overall giving a shady appearance. Mortensens' report merely confirmed what everyone was already thinking, that they cheated. If it's untrue, then what's the problem. Everyone is discussing the facts, though each side has their own skewed facts, that report is history and does nothing to change the overall narrative, the pats cheated and brady was involved. That's all it boils down to. Seriously, only people that have changed their narrative are pats fans. The rest of the league just believes they are cheaters.

Do you know why Brady looked uncomfortable ?

It's actually very simple.

He knew that he had done nothing wrong.

But the ONLY report out there was that the footballs were 2 PSI under.

That was the ONLY report, and Brady couldn't understand how that could be true.

As we've found out, that report wasn't remotely true.

I'm calling nonsense that Patriot fans here were disappointed.

And the fact that the Patriot footballs were 0.02 within the Ideal Gas Law shows the idiocy of the witch hunt.

Umm. even AM said she was disappointed in her organization (if true).  And most of you others were a bit skeptical of the Pats as well.  It wasn't until all the rest of this is when you vehemently picked a side and started arguing your points.  And sorry but not all the balls were within that .2, some were farther.  But since you stated it as fact...they were still OUTSIDE the range.  Which goes to disprove that it was the temperature that caused the balls to drop.  Something else was the issue.

Ok. so why did Brady almost REFUSE to give any real answers to all the questions.  So let me get this straight, someone feels uncomfortable and looks nervous when they know they are innocent?  There seems to be some error in that logic.  Typically only guilty people, act nervous.  I know I am not nervous when I am innocent.

LOL Brady couldn't understand how that was true cause he knew he only ordered them to be .5 lbs under!

Joking aside, the fact is THEY WERE STILL UNDER!!! Whether 2lbs or .5 lbs, they were still under.  Whether you cheated by a mile or an inch, its cheating.  That's what I don't get with you pats fans, It doesn't count if you win by a lot and its not a big deal if you cheat by a little.  Come on man.

You realize the investigation was conducted based upon what was found at halftime (the logged psi readings) and interviews with Jastremski and McNally right after the game (and video of McNally ducking nto a bathroom with the stolen footballs).  It had nothing to do with Mortensen's report.  Mortensen could have said a league source has found a few ball underinflated and an investigation into the cause may get underway, and it would not have changed anything.  Because Mort didn't direct the acctions of the NFL.

But shake you fist and scream for the blood (specifically Kensil's) of anyone or anything you feel satisfies your thirst for revenge on those who would dare bring down the mighty Patriots and their Purple and Gold robed, halo wearing QB.

For the rest of us, it just seems like a breakthrough new flash that a high speed chase with speeds over 140 miles per hour. Only to later have official radar clockings during the chase show it was actually 123 mph.  So enjoy your vehement outburst of exasperation and rage over Morty's early report!  (Kensil, he wants more of Kensil !!  shift111 !!}

Because you asked about the advantage of under inflation. If it was such a competitive advantage then why on earth would Rodgers want his balls at 14? He is the one that said it is 50/50 between QBs and air ball pressure levels. He likes his on the high side as he has a strong grip and wants the velocity and distance. Brady likes the grip and feel better on the lower side and by doing so limits velocity and distance. And again this is why the NFL has NEVER punished by more than a warning or fine for this stuff. Now all of a sudden it is the same as PED use? You have GOT to be kidding Roger! A complete CYA move. Good heavens.

Why is it always a deflection of what another player has done? Can just one time can you stick to Brady? You can bring up a thousand excuses or deflections about what other teams or players have or haven't done but it has zero to do with Brady. Has any players got by with cheating or compromising the rules? Yes, Does that make what Brady done OK? No. It does in your mind. I have pretty much stayed out of this but it is very hard to sit here and read this pile of horse dung without chiming in.

LOL. They didn't steal anything. McNally walked by SEVERAL league employees on his way to the bathroom which was on the way to the field and spent as much time in there as it takes to take a pee and oh yeah, let out exactly between .2-.4 psi per ball. LOL.

And Brad Johnson paying off a guy $7500 to doctor his balls (100 of them) back when the QB did not have control of them FOR the SUPER BOWL which he won is a much bigger deal than McNally taking a pee and allegedly letting out. 4 psi.

What does either of these QBs have to do with Brady? More deflection as normal. It has become a standard rely from you on other players instead of the one under the microscope. It makes zero difference what any other QB or player has done in the past. You bring up players who have had their suspensions reduced but the one thing you are failing to mention is those other players faced criminal courts and were punished in those courts. This is an in house infraction and according to what the contract that the players signed Goodell does have the power to do as he sees fit without outside influence. You writing loads of comments and dang near writing books on this matter makes no difference.

You realize the investigation was conducted based upon what was found at halftime (the logged psi readings) and interviews with Jastremski and McNally right after the game (and video of McNally ducking nto a bathroom with the stolen footballs). It had nothing to do with Mortensen's report. Mortensen could have said a league source has found a few ball underinflated and an investigation into the cause may get underway, and it would not have changed anything. Because Mort didn't direct the acctions of the NFL.

But shake you fist and scream for the blood (specifically Kensil's) of anyone or anything you feel satisfies your thirst for revenge on those who would dare bring down the mighty Patriots and their Purple and Gold robed, halo wearing QB.

For the rest of us, it just seems like a breakthrough new flash that a high speed chase with speeds over 140 miles per hour. Only to later have official radar clockings during the chase show it was actually 123 mph. So enjoy your vehement outburst of exasperation and rage over Morty's early report! (Kensil, he wants more of Kensil !! shift111 !!}

What are you even talking about?

I was responding to the question of why Bradynlooked uncomfortable.

At that time, the only "report" out there as Mort's, which was full of lies.

LOL. They didn't steal anything. McNally walked by SEVERAL league employees on his way to the bathroom which was on the way to the field and spent as much time in there as it takes to take a pee and oh yeah, let out exactly between .2-.4 psi per ball. LOL.

And Brad Johnson paying off a guy $7500 to doctor his balls (100 of them) back when the QB did not have control of them FOR the SUPER BOWL which he won is a much bigger deal than McNally taking a pee and allegedly letting out. 4 psi.

Weren't u saying in another thread how the balls deflated naturally? You're unreal

What are you even talking about?

I was responding to the question of why Bradynlooked uncomfortable.

At that time, the only "report" out there as Mort's, which was full of lies.

Oh yes, I know.  But I also know your feelings on the subject... based upon other posts.  Like this 2 minutes of media hate link you pointed folks to-

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/08/01/the-two-minutes-hate-of-tom-brady/

And the this nugget- "But if a high level official did leak such information, he did so with Goodell's backing.

Remember, this was a sting operation against the Patriots. Never before has a team not been warned to do something , with the NFL then launching a sting investigation MIDGAME."   etc...

Extracted from this post, for example. - http://http://forums.colts.com/topic/39306-deflategate-central-one-thread-merged-moderated/page-34?p=1136657#entry1136657

So just who is this high raking official?  Why couldn't a league source report erroneous information without Goodell's backing? 

Yeah, I am just learning the find content feature. Took me a bit to find the post.

I agree about folks not being happy no matter how this turns out. At this point I really do want the sides to settle or just agree to whatever Berman decides.

Yeah .. that feature is nice. Pretty neat.

If you are saying that all this is getting old.. I agree.     0 games ... 2 games ... 4 games. What ever... do it and move on as it does no one any good to keep debating this.