Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

titans on the rise?

CR91

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think mariota will be a bust, but there are some good players there. wright, hunter, DGB, walker, bishop sankey. and leBeau running the defense. should we be worried?

Not this year and that defense still doesn't scare me Dick Lebeau was once a great defensive coach but his time is past his defenses are very predictable.

I still think mariota will be a bust, but there are some good players there. wright, hunter, DGB, walker, bishop sankey. and leBeau running the defense. should we be worried?

I don't think you need to worry unless Mariota plays well.  Everything hinges on the QB.  

Sanky isn't even that good, he had 3.7 ypc last year.

If they play Mariota right away, I believe he will have trouble. He is going to try and use that speed, and RGIII found out, in the end it is the wrong way to go. You use the pocket and then if not there, use the speed. RGIII lost his speed due to it, and he was faster. I expect the same to happen since he does not have the pocket awareness that every QB out of a spread from college has lacked so far. He is very smart, good kid, with good intangibles, so if they take him slowly, who knows?

I think who will be a bust this year is DGB. Everyone talks about his measurables, but he does not highpoint the ball, he does not know the route tree or how to run routes yet, and he has very small hands. He is light years away from where he needs to be. I also don't trust his intangibles. Only a matter of time until he gets in trouble.

As far as on the rise, can they go down any further. There personnel is the worst in the AFC South. Jags bypassed them in FA this year.

We should definitely be worried!  They're soaring straight into mediocrity!  Pretty soon (in a year or two) they'll be a .500 team!

we need only to worry about preparing properly for each game and executing the game plan.  Every team has enough good players on it to beat you if you don't prepare and/or do your job poorly.  Any given Sunday.  So if the Colts prepare well and execute well on game day, we should not worry at all. Irregardless the opponent.  If another team prepares better and out plays us,  then hats off to them! They earned it and took it.  So word to the Colts players, don't let them take it!

If Mariota can step and play at a decent level than I think Titans will be a tough out. They are not winning the division or anything but I don't think they will be a cup cake. Of course, I am not that high on Mariota playing in a pro style offense but I think he is a heady guy who seems real coachable so who knows.

They will be picking in the top 5 again next year if they start Mariota

Mariota > RG3, and Washington went 10-6 in his rookie year. I think Mariota has a lot of work to do, but if they feature his strengths, he can be productive to begin with.

Mariota > RG3, and Washington went 10-6 in his rookie year. I think Mariota has a lot of work to do, but if they feature his strengths, he can be productive to begin with.

Griffin was a better prospect coming out I think, I certainly did not think Griffin was worth the #2 pick in 2012 but I would not have touched Mariota until the 3rd-4th round in this past draft, I think he is that raw. He has a chance to do well in my opinion if they exploit his strengths but eventually he is going to have to learn how to play the QB position at an NFL caliber level and I don't see him doing that with nfl defenses flying around and in his face, I just don't think he has the mental makeup for it

They will be top 5 regardless of who they start.

I would have stuck with Mettenberger if he is ready to go, He had some good games as a rookie in only 6 starts before getting hurt, He took to many sacks though

Griffin was a better prospect coming out I think

That's what I disagree with. Mariota is certainly raw. I don't have any questions about his mental makeup at all. But really, just on QBing and football skills, I think Mariota is better than Griffin was.

Last year you guys hyped the Texans up. 

I think you're bored knowing the Colts have no competition whatsoever in the division. Tennessee will win a few games and people on here will go "OMG" over them, and then they'll finish the season 5-11 with the Colts slaughtering them both times. 

Not yet. Mariota needs to develop, but he has the tools to be a pretty effective QB in the NFL. I wouldnt be too worried though, the Colts are still the Kings of the South.

Personally I'd fear the Jags more.. Maybe not quite as much with Fowler going down but they've been slowly making good moves since Khan came in.

Gus Bradley has been doing a terrific job down there in Jacksonville, but no other team in the South has a guy even half as good as Luck, and that's why we shall continue to dominate our division for the next decade.

Gus Bradley has been doing a terrific job down there in Jacksonville, but no other team in the South has a guy even half as good as Luck, and that's why we shall continue to dominate our division for the next decade.

I mostly agree, a franchise QB makes all the difference for long term sustained success. But if Bortkes is even half decent and they find a running game they could be dangerous. I'm thinking along the lines of say the Ravens. They still need to bolster that O line IMO.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 17, 2015 - Personal argument
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 17, 2015 - Personal argument

Titans? Rise? The?  Nah.

I am going to give this to you straight, because it will plant the seed that you need to understand the most. Houston has a good team, but they do not have a quarterback. Mariota is everything the Texans dream of having. This is a quarterback driven league, and sorry Houston fan, but you don't have one. 

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 17, 2015 - Personal argument
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 17, 2015 - Personal argument

I am going to give this to you straight, because it will plant the seed that you need to understand the most. Houston has a good team, but they do not have a quarterback. Mariota is everything the Texans dream of having. This is a quarterback driven league, and sorry Houston fan, but you don't have one.

Sorry, I don't want the useless bile that you just uttered. Or typed. Whatever. First off, the venom isn't needed; I didn't call your mother fat or anything so no idea why you're being snarkier then a teenage girl. Secondly, Mariota could go either way; he might be good he might not. Even if he is, Colt fan, he won't be enough. I'll take our roster and our quarterbacks who, you know, have actually ran a huddle and played in a pro-style offense over anything Tennessee has. Sorry not sorry.