Colts draft FAU CB D'Joun Smith [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We moved down to 65, and swapped 4th rounders with Tampa, so we have #109 instead of #128. Good trade, IMO.

I'm okay with the pick. Smith is a solid corner, more of an off-man guy.

by the value chart TB gained 27 pouts going from 65 to 61. The Colts picked up 65 points in swap of 4th rounders. By the chart , it was a slaughter...

Davis stays on the left side the entire game. He will come in to replace Toler if he's injured or getting beat. Smith will be on the right side. Teams don't throw at Davis so Smith will be targeted a lot. He's just too small for an outside CB.

He wont be matched up against them. Toler and Davis will. 

He's too small and more of a zone CB. Grigson is reaching with these picks. Carl Davis and P.J Williams would have been better options.

Which profiles are you reading? I have read that he is a press man guy......... I noticed that you also said that Malcolm Brown was only suited for a 1 gap system when he is actually profiled to be suited for a 2 gap system. 

This dude can play ball. He isn't huge, but Darelle Revis is only 5'11".

He won't be able to cover big WR's. Teams will lineup their biggest WR on his side.

At least we got a defender, we discovered the other side of the ball.....He actually looks good on highlights but they dont make low light tapes.

Zak Keefer @zkeefer 

So, after Irsay stressed need to get "tougher" after AFC title game debacle, #Colts pick a 5-9 receiver and 5-10 corner with first 2 picks. 

That's why Grigson makes the picks, not Irsay. Talent over rides toughness.

Davis stays on the left side the entire game. He will come in to replace Toler if he's injured or getting beat. Smith will be on the right side. Teams don't throw at Davis so Smith will be targeted a lot. He's just too small for an outside CB.

you do realize hes the same size as butler and 20 pounds lighter then davis right 

The difference is Butler plays the slot which is usually small WR's. If he was 6'1 200 lbs I would have liked the pick but he's not. He's 5'10 189 lbs and plays on the outside against 6'3 WR's.

you do realize hes the same size as butler and 20 pounds lighter then davis right 

The difference is Butler plays the slot which is usually small WR's. If he was 6'1 200 lbs I would have liked the pick but he's not. He's 5'10 189 lbs and plays on the outside against 6'3 WR's.

so what? revis is one inch taller and 5 pounds heavier

If Jerry Jones can draft great trench players so could Irsay. I actually think he could be good. He's been around teams much longer then Grigson. 

He has had how many seasons to practice? How long did it take Jones to put together a good team after Jimmy Johnson left? Jimmy Johnson was the one who built the Cowboys into super bowl winners, not Jerry Jones. Maybe Jones did learn something after a lot of failing at being a GM.

And size and toughness don't have to go together.

Exactly couldn't say it any better there. That is actually one of the things that Mayock and Gruden praised about Smith is his toughness and aggressiveness in his playing style.

Jon Gruden tells Mel Kiper that D'Joun Smith is

"The Complete Corner" of the draft:

I was just about to post this video! Gruden is crushing on d'joun smith. I trust his input and he does look to be a good pick. I'm excited.

I was just about to post this video! Gruden is crushing on d'joun smith. I trust his input and he does look to be a good pick. I'm excited.

Normally not a huge fan of Gruden and his take on players, but he made some great points in that segment. I feel he has a tendency to over-glorify, but I hope he's right about DJ. Really like the pick and the trade we managed with Tampa.

Hoping colts help either side of the line with 109

haha... Gruden made Kiper look stupid there. I trust Grudens words alot more than Kiper.