Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft FAU CB D'Joun Smith [Merge]

12isthenew18

i get not being ok with Dorsett but Smith is a great pick

To me he has a playing style that is pretty similar to Vontae Davis but he's an inch or two shorter.  Kid is a pretty good press man corner who plays with good leverage and he'll come up and nail you.  I was kind of waiting on a player like this.  You can take a guy like this and put him on a smaller receiver like Edelman and I bet you he'll win his fair share of matches. Smith is supposed to be very competitive and confident. Pagano was saying he had a reputation of staying very late after practices to work on his craft so much so that he had to be kicked off the field and told to go home basically.  Football junkie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck told a story about Smith in the press conference. He said he'd talked to the FAU coach about Smith and the Coach went on to Pagano that Smith is just relentless. And then he mentioned a time after practice when everyone was off the field and he was in his office where he could see onto the field and there was Smith a good hour after practice was over under the lights putting in work. They had to literally tell him to leave. This guy has the attitude, the want to and drive to be the best at his position. He has an edge too, he's not afraid of anybody. Really really like the sounds and looks of this kid.

To me he has a playing style that is pretty similar to Vontae Davis but he's an inch or two shorter.  Kid is a pretty good press man corner who plays with good leverage and he'll come up and nail you.  I was kind of waiting on a player like this.  You can take a guy like this and put him on a smaller receiver like Edelman and I bet you he'll win his fair share of matches. Smith is supposed to be very competitive and confident. Pagano was saying he had a reputation of staying very late after practices to work on his craft so much so that he had to be kicked off the field and told to go home basically.  Football junkie

love the confidance and the guy has a lot of potential love that he seems to love the game feel like he's gonna be a great DB also absolutely loved the pick of Anderson no way i thought he'd be there at 93

I'm hoping he's our FS. What does everyone think? Where he went to a small school I obviously never seen him play, but from looking at write ups about him I think he can transition well to FS. Thoughts???

He said... I will play wherever they want me to

He PROBABLY is as good as what we have back there