Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agents That Remain Unsigned as of March 13

Now that the initial flurry is over, I thought I'd list FA that are still unsigned that might be of interest to the Colts or forum members based upon a general idea of team needs (add please add your own if I've missed some):

OL:  Stefan Wisnewski, C; Chris Myers C; Justin Blalock G; Joseph Barksdale OT

RB: CJ Spiller

WR: Cecil Shorts

NT: Vince Wilfork NT; Barry Cofield NT;

DT: Nick Fairley; Red Bryant; Randy Starks; CJ Mosely

ILB:  Rolando McClain

S: Stevie Brown, Dawan Landry, Darian Stewart

Thoughts?

We def. need to get some help on this defense.  

We signed a pass rushing OLB but I don't think that's where the most help was needed.  We need a D-line and we need safety help.  

Otherwise all these offensive additions won't mean crap as Legarrett Blout or some other RB in a Patriots uniform runs all over us like he was a genetically engineered combination of Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders.  

Now that the initial flurry is over, I thought I'd list FA that are still unsigned that might be of interest to the Colts or forum members based upon a general idea of team needs (add please add your own if I've missed some):

Thoughts?

No Greg Hardy?

1 I think we still have plenty of cap money need to go for a safety, a NT resign Bradshaw. This of course will be for a 1 year tender

just to fill space Hardey could be a nice addition if the club and the fans can handle the off the field issiues.

I am going on the assumption Mathis will not be ready so maybe another OLB to fill the void

2 I think we need to make a impact in the draft. And draft the best possible player always can trade for future draft picks and or players. IMO

Wilfork and/or a S would be nice.

We don't have any money left for the FA. We're 7.7 million under the cap as of now, I don't think we will make any major signing.

We have money that rolls over from last year so I believe its closer to 15 million.

I don't think we make another impact FA signing really (i.e. any of the guys on the first comment).  If anything we will add some depth at the secondary position, particularly at Safety but we do need another CB or two after Davis, Toler, Butler. I'm pretty worried about Safety at this point.  I'm not sure who the Colts are gonna go after because it doesn't seem likely we land Collins.  There has to be a diamond in the rough that they are seeing as a starter.  Maybe Eric Rowe (Utah)?  Colts like dynamic guys and this guy has played plenty of S and CB.

Wilfork and/or a S would be nice.

We don't have any money left for the FA. We're 7.7 million under the cap as of now, I don't think we will make any major signing.

We've got more than 7.7 mil of cap space. Last I heard we had 12-14 mil and that didn't factor in the releasing of Richardson.

I'm confused ovrer our cap situation. I saw 7.7 on stampedeblue, according to Wells we have 12 mill...

Stampede Blues figures included all salaries, and not just top 52. It also didn't include the Richardson release. Right now it can be projected at around $12 million.

The 2 i want are Bernard Pollard and Randy Starks. If not Starks for DL i think Ahtyba Rubin would be a good rotational player with Chapman. Hes better than Chapman and will come cheap since last year he struggled with some injuries and wasnt quite the same, but hes only 28 so should bounce back. Would really like to snag Pollard though, weve been missing that hard hitting safety that RBs and TEs fear.

Thoughts?

We have more than 7.7 million last I was hearing we had just under 15 how do we go from that to 7.7 million in two days on not signing anymore players and cutting Richardson.

We have more than 7.7 million last I was hearing we had just under 15 how do we go from that to 7.7 million in two days on not signing anymore players and cutting Richardson.

I think maybe the 7.7 is not counting the ~7m rollover from last year? Not sure but that's the only thing i can think of.

Stampede Blues figures included all salaries, and not just top 52. It also didn't include the Richardson release. Right now it can be projected at around $12 million.

They're correct not to subtract Richardson yet. His cap hold doesn't go away until the grievance is resolved.

How can a team with two unproven rookie centers dream of a Super Bowl?  Has everyone forgotten how Jeff Saturday commanded Peyton's offensive line?  While Peyton's calling/changing plays, Saturday's was adjusting blocking assignments.  We need an experienced Center to "quarterback" the line of scrimmage, even if he's not the all-pro physical center.