Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Draft in April

SteelDragon

Our 1st rounder should definitely be starting week 1. Especially if its Phillips. He would instantly be our best DT.

Don't think the coaching staff would put him over Chapman week 1, maybe down the line but not week 1. That's just my guess

Chapman isn't that good anyways.

He's pretty good, and he's going into his 3rd season since he missed all of his rookie year. A lot of players make their biggest leap in year 3.

To the OP, I'd say at most 1 and that would be a safety.

Starting I would say 3. 1 at ILB another somewhere along the D line and a third at safety. The safety only because we are paper thin outside of Mike Adams.

I also expect another 2 to rotate and contribute a noticeable amount of snaps, ala Jonathan Newsome. Hopefully a RB to pair with Gore and another D lineman. 

the way its looking two. one at DE and one at S

I can't believe that they would let Sergio Brown out of the building if they didn't have a plan to acquire a safety in FA or from our current roster. The safety draft class is simply just terrible this year.

Either they actually are high on Dewey McDonald, or they are thinking of reinstating Delano Howell as a starter if he is healthy. There is just no way they are thinking of drafting a starter at safety in this years draft.

I can't believe that they would let Sergio Brown out of the building if they didn't have a plan to acquire a safety in FA or from our current roster. The safety draft class is simply just terrible this year.

Either they actually are high on Dewey McDonald, or they are thinking of reinstating Delano Howell as a starter if he is healthy. There is just no way they are thinking of drafting a starter at safety in this years draft.

well as I mentioned in another thread I read that the colts are high on winston guy who is currently on the roster and was starter for the jags

Phillips is a beast. I think he can start on day 1. Chapman isn't that good anyways.

There are a couple of good DTs we can get in the first round, Danny Shelton would be nice if he somehow dropped to us, but Phillips is looking more likely. 

On the other hand, Laundry Collins, the best safety of the draft by a long shot could actually be available for us as well.  So we have options and it's actually possible that Phillips could still be available by the 2nd round.  But if Collins is picked off, no reason to go safety before the 2nd/3rd. 

Phillips is a beast. I think he can start on day 1. Chapman isn't that good anyways.

He's Solid when he just has to be a wall and clog things up. But when it comes to passing downs, he doesn't offer much. Plus he was playing too many snaps last year. Get A guy he can rotate with then I think he'll become more effective. Hopefully we can nab Phillips. One of those big DTs is gonna fall to us.