Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

if Reggie comes back..

PhillyCOLTSfan

He probably comes back 1 more year I think, Knowing that we were 1 game from the SB he will probably give it 1 last shot and then call it a career no matter how his year personally goes, I still think he has a 1000 yards in him once you consider he had 779 playing with 1 good arm for much of the year and that he dropped a few passes directly because of it that are routine for him, He don't get separation easily (which I think will be the biggest problem going forward for him) but I think he can manage. Still if a great talent at wr falls to us or lands in our laps then we would be foolish to pass just because we think Reggie will come back ready to go or because we have a physically gifted wr from the CFL

If Reggies comes back he will start opposite of ty and put up 1000+ yards.

You heard it here first

i think if he does comes back it to be our slot he cant be the outside Wr he once was but he can come in and play slot grab some first downs and redzone tds he still can run routes no matter how fast or slow he gets

I think Reggie come back myself. To what extent I am not too sure. If he can contribute I don't see a problem with it. He also can mentor Carter and any other receiver drafted or brought in. I also think Carter will be just fine as long as he hits the film room hard and just listens. The difference in motion between the NFL and CFL needs to learned. If Carter can learn to separate he will do good.

Reggie is coming back starting next to TY slowly losing snaps to Moncrief by 2016 it'll be TY and Dontes show

I think people are getting ahead of themselves with Carter I just hope he can provide some depth this yr.

Reggie wouldn't come back as a #2 he would be a true slot receiver or a third down role player.

Shouldn't allow him back. Really need to move on, Colts legend for sure.... but the career is finito.

Move forward with the young guns

Cory Redding & Robert Mathis are next to go

Then Vinny, maybe

How do you know he's finished? He was playing well before he tore his tricep. Allow his arm and knee to hel and I think he can still be valuable to us.

How do you know he's finished? He was playing well before he tore his tricep. Allow his arm and knee to hel and I think he can still be valuable to us.

Older you get, harder it is for your body to heal from big injuries

If he's okay with taking the Hines Ward in his last days with Pit treatment where he was basically a role player then fine, I'll take him then. But we gotta move forward with Moncrief & Hilton as the top options at WR

If he comes back, it'll be because he doesn't want to be like Tony Gonzalez and end his career on a low note. Getting embarrassed by NE like that is not the way anyone wants to go out.

He shouldn't come back but he probably will. When teams actually pay attention to him, he's easily neutralized.

You understand he was playing good before he was injured but you don't think he could be the number 2 opposite of ty?

i think if he does comes back it to be our slot he cant be the outside Wr he once was but he can come in and play slot grab some first downs and redzone tds he still can run routes no matter how fast or slow he gets

He hasn`t been able to run routes since 2012. He just floats into openings in the zones and any NFL DB can stay with him in man to man. Throw in the drops the last 2 years and...

He had the same drop rate as Donny Avery in 2013!!

I don't see him coming back. He'd most likely end up as the 4th WR behind TY, Moncrief, and Carter.

He hasn`t been able to run routes since 2012. He just floats into openings in the zones and any NFL DB can stay with him in man to man. Throw in the drops the last 2 years and...

He had the same drop rate as Donny Avery in 2013!!

Reggie was on pace for 86 catches before he got hurt -- which is pretty darn good.  TY's production was much better with a healthy Reggie in the line-up.  Reggie, if healthy, can definitely be a 2 or 3 WR in this league.

He wasn't having a lot of drops prior to tearing his triceps.  If he comes back, his knee should be improved from last year and the triceps injury isn't something serious that we have to worry about, IMO.

I expect us to get Cecil Shorts or Eddie Royal if Reggie retires. Two other guys to look out for are Rod Streeter and Andre Holmes from Oakland. Streeter would be a solid signing IMO, but both are RFA. I don't know what we'd have to give up to get him either.