Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I might have thought a way for Colts to beat the Patriots...

bap1331

Alright so after watching the Seahawks, we can see that the Patriots will always find a way to beat any defense even if it means bending the rules. Why cant the Colts do the same? This could be something to practice in the offseason. Short passing is the killer with an aging brady.

What if, the defense can drop down one guy on the floor and the other guy tackle him. (even if it means acting like they tripped if thats illegal. From what I know, no clipping and no tackling below the kneecap.) We see the amendola and edelman are not the tallest, therefore hard to tackle. And gronk. So by dropping down, the players jump and force the players to jump, slow down and accelerate again since they are fast.

Its not something that we can think of the week before a game, its something that needs to be practiced over and over like the patriots always do.

Other honorable mentions are:

1. Working in rain and snow even if its fake. Lol. Wet balls and whatnot. If it means doing it everyday even when its sunny, the better the team will get. New england doesnt have the best weather.

2. Working on no huddling more. Maybe we can create a faster one that the league hasnt tried before. Tire the defenses in the first half. Calm down and huddle in the second once the teams are tired.

3. Have the cornerbacks work with wide recievers so they know every aspect of the game. Learning how to catch better can make a crucial game impact in intercepting better.

4. Have cornerbacks put more pressure on wide receivers and play rough with them. Patriots are very aggressive on defense.

5. Work on mentality. The most crucial of whats been killing us. We can have the best gameplan but if the team just thinks about the past dominance with the pats, they get easily intimidated because of how they pick apart every team.

Patriots will be looking for ways to bend the rules again this offseason so its really important that the colts do the same. Pats have been in the league way long and have the talent and experience to survive every situation. The only way they are going to be beat is if the other team bends the rules like they do. Iron sharpens iron..

I'll tell you how to beat the freaking Patriots. We bring in some playmakers on defense, Brute D-Lineman who can stop the run, and beast O-Lineman who dominate the trenches. Players who play hard, and don't accept losing. Players who play mad. Hard nosed, hard hitting, beasts!!! That's what we need to beat those losers.

I thought this was going to say something like "kneecap Brady." It didn't and I lost interest before the end of the first paragraph.

And I'm not saying anybody should do that. I'm just saying that was what I thought given the subject and the OP...

Never mind. It's been a long work week, kids.

How about beating them fair and square with more physicality, more playmakers and a smart scheme?

Not complaining about their "cheating", better this and better that, etc. They're damn good but they're also damn predictable....ZBS and short passing game over the middle. JUST FLAT OUT BEAT THEM.

Coaching is the major factor in beating the pats.

yeah, i dont think the talent gap is as wide as the score board has indicated.  i still think thier roster is better but we should have a chance to beat them on any given sunday.  the game plans were pretty bad in the first place and our second half adjustments were not nearly as good as thiers.

yeah, i dont think the talent gap is as wide as the score board has indicated. i still think thier roster is better but we should have a chance to beat them on any given sunday. the game plans were pretty bad in the first place and our second half adjustments were not nearly as good as thiers.

Exactly. We always keep it somewhat close and then they take off in the 2nd half. Our coaching staff is horrible at making in game adjustments.

Alright so after watching the Seahawks, we can see that the Patriots will always find a way to beat any defense even if it means bending the rules. Why cant the Colts do the same? This could be something to practice in the offseason. Short passing is the killer with an aging brady.

What if, the defense can drop down one guy on the floor and the other guy tackle him. (even if it means acting like they tripped if thats illegal. From what I know, no clipping and no tackling below the kneecap.) We see the amendola and edelman are not the tallest, therefore hard to tackle. And gronk. So by dropping down, the players jump and force the players to jump, slow down and accelerate again since they are fast.

Its not something that we can think of the week before a game, its something that needs to be practiced over and over like the patriots always do.

Other honorable mentions are:

1. Working in rain and snow even if its fake. Lol. Wet balls and whatnot. If it means doing it everyday even when its sunny, the better the team will get. New england doesnt have the best weather.

2. Working on no huddling more. Maybe we can create a faster one that the league hasnt tried before. Tire the defenses in the first half. Calm down and huddle in the second once the teams are tired.

3. Have the cornerbacks work with wide recievers so they know every aspect of the game. Learning how to catch better can make a crucial game impact in intercepting better.

4. Have cornerbacks put more pressure on wide receivers and play rough with them. Patriots are very aggressive on defense.

5. Work on mentality. The most crucial of whats been killing us. We can have the best gameplan but if the team just thinks about the past dominance with the pats, they get easily intimidated because of how they pick apart every team.

Patriots will be looking for ways to bend the rules again this offseason so its really important that the colts do the same. Pats have been in the league way long and have the talent and experience to survive every situation. The only way they are going to be beat is if the other team bends the rules like they do. Iron sharpens iron..

Would you jump off a cliff because the other team did it? I would quit watching the colts if they sunk to the same levels to win as the Patriots do.

So your strategic idea to "bend the rules" is to have defensive players just flop down in the path of offensive players who are carrying the ball? 

Couldn't you accomplish the same thing by, you know, just properly tackling them?