Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziel goes to rehab [Merge]

Dustin

A guy goes to rehab and you think he's trolling?

What does that even mean?

Prevalent theory trying to explain away all of his public missteps, I.E rolled up bill in he bathroom, being linked to numerous story's of him being drunk/hungover.

Some suggested he was just "trolling" the media. And he wasn't as messed up as he seemed. Johnny having a laugh at he media's expense. Clearly this isn't the case.

Little bit of parody on my part.

Given how well these things have gone, this is likely a preemptive strike on some sort of failed test. I would be very surprised and happy to find out that this was on his own….I don’t see that happening. 

Yeah....the failed test angle didn't even occur to me.

I was thinking that someone in the front office basically "recommended" or "voluntold" him it would be a good idea.

I have given the kid a lot of grief, but this is a step in the right direction. I still don't think he will ever be a good qb, but he might be able to salvage his life before he goes full on Ryan Leaf

I'm with you Jvan. Manziel made a wise decision here before he dangerously evolved into Ryan Leaf. Save your life, get your priorities in order, & everything else will fall into place. Hang in there Johnny. 

Sf727 also made the same Leaf reference as well. 

Prevalent theory trying to explain away all of his public missteps, I.E rolled up bill in he bathroom, being linked to numerous story's of him being drunk/hungover.

Some suggested he was just "trolling" the media. And he wasn't as messed up as he seemed. Johnny having a laugh at he media's expense. Clearly this isn't the case.

Little bit of parody on my part.

Given how well these things have gone, this is likely a preemptive strike on some sort of failed test. I would be very surprised and happy to find out that this was on his own….I don’t see that happening. 

The cynic in me can see how both of these could have a grain of truth to them.