Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady "Sour Grapes"

chrisfarley

name one I've lost ?

Since you like to bring up Robert Griffin so much...remember when he was benched? You said he wouldn't play at all for the rest of the season. You thought Cousins would be the starter from then on out. But, Lo and behold, a few games later guess who was starting again...you also said he hadn't played two season's worth of games because he was brittle. I proved that statement wrong too.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you like to bring up Robert Griffin so much...remember when he was benched? You said he wouldn't play at all for the rest of the season. You thought Cousins would be the starter from then on out. But, Lo and behold, a few games later guess who was starting again...you also said he hadn't played two season's worth of games because he was brittle. I proved that statement wrong too.

Come on boys.  You're both pretty.

Where did he finish the season?

Unless they have video evidence of someone letting air out of the football, nothing will be done.

Who knows when they did it. The only way the footballs got like that is if someone intentionally deflated them.  

I've grown tired of the NFL anyway. I'll just stick to watching the Colts.  

I'm definitely not watching the Superb Owl this year.

Cute ricker182...Who...Who...

Like you need video evidence. If I look our my window and see that the road is wet, I'm going to assume it rained.

That makes perfect sense logically BOTT unless a delivery truck hauling water bottles flipped over spilling H20 all over the pavement. Just goofing around. 

Yes, he laughed, he smirked,  and if you noticed  every time he said the word integrity he laughed too.  He simply could not say the word integrity without smiling and/or laughing.

That really bothered me too Gramz. Given how this story has blown up about the nature of deflation, Brady's incessant grinning was very disturbing. What do you say to an idol who worships the ground you walk on & they plead "Tommy say it ain't so?" "Of course the integrity of the game matters & this is a serious matter." Smile, smile, smile. God, that was a horrible press conference on Brady's part. 

I too don't believe him. Three years before any suspicions of the Pats' deflating the footballs, Brady had this to say on a Boston station WEEI:

"When Gronk [tight end Rob Gronkowski] scores … he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball."

Yet, "Asked about the radio comments in a news conference this afternoon, Brady said, 'I remember — I obviously read that I said that. … I like ‘em at, the way that I like them. … I would never do anything outside of the rules of play.'..."

Come on, Tom, you read that you said that!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/01/22/new-england-patriot-tom-brady-on-2011-deflation-comments-i-obviously-read-that-i-said-that/

Ouch! It's like getting into an argument with your boss. You get heated, tell them to drop dead, say something innocent in the heat of the moment, & 4 hours later your boss fatally collapses. Are you responsible for it? Absolutely not, but the police are still going to sit down & have a chat with you. 

Here's a good article from this morning's Boston Globe.

A pretty accurate summary of the whole situation thus far...

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2015/01/even_if_they_win_the_super_bowl_the_patriots_have.html

From the article...

"Did the officials properly inspect the balls? Where were they examined? Who handled them after they were given back to the team? What, officially, was the PSI of the under-inflated footballs? How did the Colts’ balls measure? Could the weather conditions have played a role? Aren’t the officials culpable, since they handle the ball prior to each and every place? And, if they can’t tell the difference in a ball absent upwards of 20 percent PSI, isn’t it somewhat reasonable Brady – maybe a little distracted trying to, ya know, win a game – couldn’t either?" 

Don't blame the refs or shift the blame please. This is a Brady issue not a zebra issue. If PSI is such an inexact science with room for interpretation, how can the Colts pass air pressure examination & the Patriots came up enormously short? 11 of 12 balls were under inflated not say only 4. 

I am not calling you a hypocrite, it is just that when other violate the rule they get a slide or its not even something that hits the radar, then when the pats do it, they are a threat to national security.  Like I mentioned in my post to corgi (post #116), I accept the speeding ticket and that I am speeding, but do not appreciate being labeled a threat to society.  That is the point.

I respect you Yehoodi & thank you for acknowledging the rule infraction with your speeding analogy. No worries man, I don't view NE as the antichrist. I just want somebody inside Foxboro at Gillette Stadium to admit the footballs were intentionally deflated below NFL rule specifications. If you own your mistakes as a franchise, it demonstrates strength & any controversy tends to fade away permanently, but if you deny it & search for scapegoats/play the it wasn't that catastrophic word smith game the dark label you speak of will linger on forever.

Very well said. The Pats fans remind me of Brewers fans in their defense of their star player Ryan Braun. Even after he was suspended, his fans were still defending him. It would be unfortunate if some assistant coach or ball boy takes the blame for this.

Don't get me going on that PED habitual liar & manipulator who almost destroyed a urine tester's career on the grounds that the chain of custody/sample wasn't cataloged in storage fast enough. Ryan is an caboose hole who knew his urine test would fail showing a banned substance in his bloodstream & he make a deliberate decision to almost tank a clinical scientist's career rather than have the WI baseball loving public know that he is an absolute fraud. 

Braun burn in hades you b...another word for illegitimate child! 

I'm not mad at you NFLfan my friend just that disgrace of an athlete named Ryan Braun. Go join Dennis Rodman & Lance Armstrong in perpetual exile immediately please. Thank you. 

They cheated. It probably didn't affect the season and most likely didn't affect the game, but there's absolutely no explanation for the underinflated footballs other than tampering.

It seems like everyone expects Brady or BB to admit it. Why would they? They have to put doubt in people's minds.

Here's a good article from this morning's Boston Globe.

A pretty accurate summary of the whole situation thus far...

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2015/01/even_if_they_win_the_super_bowl_the_patriots_have.html

It's not accurate at all.

For those that don't take the time to read it, here is the summary of the article.

If the balls were deflated: it's not Tom's fault, it is the fault of the system in place that is lax.

If the balls were deflated: then it's not nearly as bad as all the players on performance enhances (according to the writer there are more players on PED than not and if a person doesn't believe then they don't know what they are seeing)

If the balls were deflated:  Then why hasn't Goodell called Brady yet, apparently Brady is waiting by his phone for Goodell's call.

If the balls were deflated:  Well it's not a big deal because the Seahawks cheated to get to the SB as well.

Don't get me going on that PED habitual liar & manipulator who almost destroyed a urine tester's career on the grounds that the chain of custody/sample wasn't cataloged in storage fast enough. Ryan is an caboose hole who knew his urine test would fail showing a banned substance in his bloodstream & he make a deliberate decision to almost tank a clinical scientist's career rather than have the WI baseball loving public know that he is an absolute fraud.

Braun burn in hades you b...another word for illegitimate child!

I'm not mad at you NFLfan my friend just that disgrace of an athlete named Ryan Braun. Go join Dennis Rodman & Lance Armstrong in perpetual exile immediately please. Thank you.

Sorry this upset you, SW. I share the same sentiments. Braun almost destroyed that man who I believe was a Wisconsin guy. Do you remember how your favorite guy Aaron Rodgers defended Braun? It was upsetting.

Didn't Jackson say he didn't say anything after his interception?

Didn't Harbaugh say he didn't say anything to the Colts after the divisional round?

Did anyone pay attention to what Aaron Rogers, Brad Johnson and other current and retired QB's have said?

No. of course not.

As one Patriots player put it, Blount could have run through the Colts defense with a beach ball in his hands.

And as one Colts player put it, the Patriots didn't need "deflated" footballs to beat us.

Congratulations to the Colts organization for whining and opening a can of worms!!!

It gives the Patriots another "Us against the football world" entering their sixth super bowl.

THANK YOU!!!

Sorry this upset you, SW. I share the same sentiments. Braun almost destroyed that man who I believe was a Wisconsin guy. Do you remember how your favorite guy Aaron Rodgers defended Braun? It was upsetting.

Yeah, actually I think Aaron Rogers is Jules's 2nd favorite NFL QB as the WI Lumberjack, beard man. Her first field general is nerdy, stud muffin man is Andrew Luck. Just joking Jules.  ;)

But to answer your question NFLfan, yes Aaron Rogers constant defense of Ryan Braun did start getting to me. No, not defending his friend more like Ah Aaron, if he defends himself so vigorously perhaps he's overcompensating for something like the expression "He doth protest too much" as in the lie is starting to become harder & harder to conceal & keep under wraps before the scandal gets exposed & cast into the light away from the dark shadows for all to see. 

Ryan Braun reminded me of the Edgar Allen Poe story Tall Tale Heart where the main character kills a man & places the body beneath the floor boards. The cops show up to inquire about the man's disappearance & all the murderer hears is the dead man's heartbeat until he is finally finally driven to madness prompting him to remove the floor boards & turn himself over to the police to make the thumbing heartbeats stop. In the story, the primary theme is that a guilty conscious got the best of him, but in Braun's case, the lie of this perfect clean PED image finally unraveled on him. Ryan's invincible arrogance which was identical to the thumping of the heartbeat represents Ryan's self centeredness which ultimately took him down. 

It really makes my blood boil that Braun's baseball contract was fully guaranteed. He bleeping cheats, tries to destroy a PED scientist tester's life for doing his job, & this piece of crap still gets handsomely paid & a pampered lifestyle for the rest of his life really? Grrr! It made me livid man! 

Again, my poisonous venom toward Braun has nothing negative to do with you NFLfan who I respect tremendously. I just wanted to make that fact abundantly clear.  :thmup:

Yeah, actually I think Aaron Rogers is Jules's 2nd favorite NFL QB as the WI Lumberjack, beard man. Her first field general is nerdy, stud muffin man is Andrew Luck. Just joking Jules. ;)

But to answer your question NFLfan, yes Aaron Rogers constant defense of Ryan Braun did start getting to me. No, not defending his friend more like Ah Aaron, if he defends himself so vigorously perhaps he's overcompensating for something like the expression "He doth protest too much" as in the lie is starting to become harder & harder to conceal & keep under wraps before the scandal gets exposed & cast into the light away from the dark shadows for all to see.

Ryan Braun reminded me of the Edgar Allen Poe story Tall Tale Heart where the main character kills a man & places the body beneath the floor boards. The cops show up to inquire about the man's disappearance & all the murderer hears is the dead man's heartbeat until he is finally finally driven to madness prompting him to remove the floor boards & turn himself over to the police to make the thumbing heartbeats stop. In the story, the primary theme is that a guilty conscious got the best of him, but in Braun's case, the lie of this perfect clean PED image finally unraveled on him. Ryan's invincible arrogance which was identical to the thumping of the heartbeat represents Ryan's self centeredness which ultimately took him down.

It really makes my blood boil that Braun's baseball contract was fully guaranteed. He bleeping cheats, tries to destroy a PED scientist tester's life for doing his job, & this piece of crap still gets handsomely paid & a pampered lifestyle for the rest of his life really? Grrr! It made me livid man!

Again, my poisonous venom toward Braun has nothing negative to do with you NFLfan who I respect tremendously. I just wanted to make that fact abundantly clear. :thmup:

As I wrote earlier, I agree with you. If my Mets are playing the Brewers, I won't attend the game. I don't care for the guy. He should have returned the MVP trophy that he won the year when he was found to have used PEDs, but I digress...

Back to football, it seems like you are also referring to Belichick and the Patriots organization with your following statement:

"if he defends himself so vigorously perhaps he's overcompensating for something like the expression "He doth protest too much" as in the lie is starting to become harder & harder to conceal & keep under wraps before the scandal gets exposed & cast into the light away from the dark shadows for all to see."

▲▲That is exactly what I was thinking today as I listened to Bill Belichick try to rationalize why the footballs were out of compliance with league rules.

It's not accurate at all.

For those that don't take the time to read it, here is the summary of the article.

If the balls were deflated: it's not Tom's fault, it is the fault of the system in place that is lax.

If the balls were deflated: then it's not nearly as bad as all the players on performance enhances (according to the writer there are more players on PED than not and if a person doesn't believe then they don't know what they are seeing)

If the balls were deflated:  Then why hasn't Goodell called Brady yet, apparently Brady is waiting by his phone for Goodell's call.

If the balls were deflated:  Well it's not a big deal because the Seahawks cheated to get to the SB as well.

I just read the additional link/story about Wedge Gate in Seattle having too many men 6 lined up to recover the onside kick prior to overtime in the NFC Championship Game. It is such a stupid argument because there are a ton of penalties that never get called in vital NFL games. Just ask Mike Holmgren HC of the Hawks in 2005 at the SB vs the Pittsburgh Steelers. 1 of the main refs working that game later apologized to Mike personally for not calling penalties in that game. Was Bill Cowher asked to relinquish his Lombardi trophy over to Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks 1 month later? Nope. 

Violating the integrity of the game by disregarding a well established rule that both teams are aware of is far worse than a missed zebra call. Don't confuse a mistake with a deliberate act of deception Patriots excuse makers. I said this in another thread focus. I don't care what happened in another game. All I care about is the AFC Championship Game Colts vs Pats & 1 side had a rule infraction & the other side didn't. Stop making excuses. Just own it! 

Oh & Dynasty13 who originally posted the link to this story BTW; Missing a penalty on the field, the illegal 6 man wedge formation in this case is not the same as cheating. There is a huge difference between a blown call & a deliberate act of deception by a team. It's the difference between an accident & intent. 

In addition, if the league didn't catch illegal wedge during the game as members of the officiating crew or even the main Fox broadcasters in the booth during the duration of the game, can you really imply that Seattle cheated. NE is just ticked off that they got caught. That's what really gets their goat. And what kind of chaos would coaches set in motion if the league allowed them to change winning or losing records say 4 hours after the game has ended? 

Here's the link to the Seahawks illegal, onside kick wedge formation BTW. 

http://deadspin.com/an-entire-seahawks-scandal-arose-and-died-in-20-minutes-1681121065?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Dynasty13 didn't originally post this, but highlighted words within another article he posted led to this hawks missed call again not cheating. 

Should it have been flagged? Sure. Was it direct attempt at deception? No, I view it in the same vein as too many men on the field of play or someone who failed to count properly on special teams. 

I'm no zebra referee guru so if I'm wrong. I apologize in advance. 

Here's the link to the Seahawks illegal, onside kick wedge formation BTW.

http://deadspin.com/an-entire-seahawks-scandal-arose-and-died-in-20-minutes-1681121065?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Dynasty13 didn't originally post this, but highlighted words within another article he posted led to this hawks missed call again not cheating.

This play was actually legal

I understand your point. It never went over my head. Here's the thing if we are both speeding and you get pulled over that does suck a lot of people have been in that situation, however if you have been pulled over multiple times for speeding it's apparent that you haven't learned your lesson and you don't care about posted speed limits. It doesn't change the fact that I was speeding, and it doesn't make what I did any less wrong. You are going to get labeled a speeder because you were caught, and if you are caught more than once it is a fair label.

If you like the Patriots and you are comfortable with that then that's fine. I honestly don't understand why you care what Colts fans or any other fans think. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of the Colts. I like them, they are my team. Seriously you should not care what any of us think about the Patriots. Make your own assumptions and choices.

I understand what you are saying, regarding multiple offenders.   However; for one, the offense still has to be an offense, what is a misdemeanor or a felony and that effects things imo.  And second, and much more importantly, where they the only ones doing it when there were flagged for the first offense.  To expand my speeding ticket analogy if on day 1 there are 12 of 32 drivers driving 40 MPH in a 35 MPH, and only person B is pulled over and given a ticket.  Then day 24 there are 16 of 32 drivers (say 10 are the same from day 1 including person B), but only person B is pulled over and given a ticket and deemed a threat to society due to a "second" offense, then it is bunch hog wash and they have been singled out as opposed to being inherently a danger to society.  See my point?  There have been others who are just as accountable and have been either let go or just give a warning.  That is my point.

Given the fact that there was a memo issued reminding teams not to tape signals in 2006 is an indication that more than one team was doing it.  And no one is not going to make me believe that all of them stopped after the memo. 

Given the most recent issue, we know for a FACT that in the last 6 weeks there are no less than three teams that have violated the rules in question, GB with handling in overinflated balls at the start of the game (violating the rule book on specs) and Vikings/Panthers manipulating balls in game (violating the game manual not to touch the balls once they have been inspected), I also have heard on the radio that the brown were warned twice of this in game heating this year.  The teams that heated the balls where just given a warning and were reminded that it was against the rules, not sure what the NFL did with GB.  But none the less we have intentional violation of the rules regarding what the pats are supposed to have done.  but most importantly, given that we have these violations, i.e. team ignoring NFL rules, do you really think in your heart of hearts teams did not tape after 2006?  If there ignore present rules, why would they comply with the 2006 request.  Basically this is your argument sent back at you.

So that is my only point.  time will tell what happen.  But if it comes out that all the pats may have done, intentionally or not, was to hand in underinflated balls, they have done nothing more that what Aaron Rodgers has admitted to doing and the penalty should be the same.      

We will have to wait and see what happens with what the NFLs and reveals.  I do sincerely sincerely, hope we get ALL of the facts in regards to this situation.  I would also love to know what other reports/investigations have gone on in the past years regarding these such actions.

I understand what you are saying, regarding multiple offenders.   However; for one, the offense still has to be an offense, what is a misdemeanor or a felony and that effects things imo.  And second, and much more importantly, where they the only ones doing it when there were flagged for the first offense.  To expand my speeding ticket analogy if on day 1 there are 12 of 32 drivers driving 40 MPH in a 35 MPH, and only person B is pulled over and given a ticket.  Then day 24 there are 16 of 32 drivers (say 10 are the same from day 1 including person B), but only person B is pulled over and given a ticket and deemed a threat to society due to a "second" offense, then it is bunch hog wash and they have been singled out as opposed to being inherently a danger to society.  See my point?  There have been others who are just as accountable and have been either let go or just give a warning.  That is my point.

Given the fact that there was a memo issued reminding teams not to tape signals in 2006 is an indication that more than one team was doing it.  And no one is not going to make me believe that all of them stopped after the memo. 

Given the most recent issue, we know for a FACT that in the last 6 weeks there are no less than three teams that have violated the rules in question, GB with handling in overinflated balls at the start of the game (violating the rule book on specs) and Vikings/Panthers manipulating balls in game (violating the game manual not to touch the balls once they have been inspected), I also have heard on the radio that the brown were warned twice of this in game heating this year.  The teams that heated the balls where just given a warning and were reminded that it was against the rules, not sure what the NFL did with GB.  But none the less we have intentional violation of the rules regarding what the pats are supposed to have done.  but most importantly, given that we have these violations, i.e. team ignoring NFL rules, do you really think in your heart of hearts teams did not tape after 2006?  If there ignore present rules, why would they comply with the 2006 request.  Basically this is your argument sent back at you.

So that is my only point.  time will tell what happen.  But if it comes out that all the pats may have done, intentionally or not, was to hand in underinflated balls, they have done nothing more that what Aaron Rodgers has admitted to doing and the penalty should be the same.      

We will have to wait and see what happens with what the NFLs and reveals.  I do sincerely sincerely, hope we get ALL of the facts in regards to this situation.  I would also love to know what other reports/investigations have gone on in the past years regarding these such actions.

Its not always the offense , A big offense a lil offense its the lies & cover up that come shortly thereafter that creates a mountain out of a mole hill , Belicheck has a past history & will not get the benefit of the doubt , The coach who has had all the answers for everything Patriots related , Now knows nothing   ?   Somebody does , There might be a logical answer & everyone one has it wrong

Or it was a win at all costs to hell with the rules we'll pay a fine its worth it to be in the Superbowl .

Jimmy Kimmel Live's "Deflated Balls with Dr. Drew": "It's a common problem that's too often overlooked," Dr. Drew begins. "Every year thousands of athletes suffer from deflated balls. ...If you suspect your balls may be deflated, don't play with them."

Patriots 2014 season = *

now some patriots fans are saying the COLTS are behind all this and messed with the footballs, wow, they are desperate.  they say DJ supposedly was the person who turned it in and now is denying it, along with Pagano,,,,,,,,,,pffffttttt, unbelievable , their calling it HATERGATE.  Brady needs the asterisk along side his name in the hall of fame one day.

The * may actually happen. They do it to the cheaters (liars) in baseball that took steroids to gain a competitive advantage. Whats the difference?

Didn't Harbaugh say he didn't say anything to the Colts after the divisional round?

Did anyone pay attention to what Aaron Rogers, Brad Johnson and other current and retired QB's have said?

No. of course not.

As one Patriots player put it, Blount could have run through the Colts defense with a beach ball in his hands.

And as one Colts player put it, the Patriots didn't need "deflated" footballs to beat us.

Congratulations to the Colts organization for whining and opening a can of worms!!!

It gives the Patriots another "Us against the football world" entering their sixth super bowl.

THANK YOU!!!

Now it's the Colts fault? You have got to be kidding me......

This isn't about the Colts. This isn't about the score of a game. This is about the Patriots and what they do when they think nobody is looking. 

Throwing for 336 yards and 2 TDs versus the Cowboys.

1 TD 2 int QB rating of 79 vs Cowboys.

Benched for Colt McCoy but did play a bit better when McCoy was hurt and RG got the job back. I think the jury is still out on RG3

No. of course not.

THANK YOU!!!

Seriously?  Everyone has said that the Colts got killed in that game and the Pats won hands down.  Yes, it is the Pats against the world. Because the world doesn't like cheaters.  You get yourself into hot water again and you're going to blame the Colts for being the game where it was discovered.  Why are on you on this forum?  I think a sign on your back that says "kick me" would be less painful.

1 TD 2 int QB rating of 79 vs Cowboys.

Benched for Colt McCoy but did play a bit better when McCoy was hurt and RG got the job back. I think the jury is still out on RG3

He had two TDs, and averaged 8.2 yards a throw as well. Maybe all he needed to step his game up was a little motivation. Of course the jury is still out, the kid is only in year three lol.  

Its not always the offense , A big offense a lil offense its the lies & cover up that come shortly thereafter that creates a mountain out of a mole hill , Belicheck has a past history & will not get the benefit of the doubt , The coach who has had all the answers for everything Patriots related , Now knows nothing   ?   Somebody does , There might be a logical answer & everyone one has it wrong

Or it was a win at all costs to hell with the rules we'll pay a fine its worth it to be in the Superbowl .

Jimmy Kimmel Live's "Deflated Balls with Dr. Drew": "It's a common problem that's too often overlooked," Dr. Drew begins. "Every year thousands of athletes suffer from deflated balls. ...If you suspect your balls may be deflated, don't play with them."

Yes BB will do whatever it takes to win there is no doubt.  For me, I do not think that he would do anything any more that some, perhaps not all, folks would do.  The only thing that irks me more is the presumption that what the pats are doing are the only ones that do X, Y or Z.  And therefore somehow they are the " child of the NFL and that the other 31 teams and coaching are innocent peeps and who not dare do what the big bad wolf does.  Sorry ain't buying it.   If I put a gun to the head to everyone that thinks we were the only ones that taped signals and the gun had one bullet in the 6 chambers, I got to play Russian Roulette with the gun for each team the NFL revealed still taped after 2006, how many people would take that challenge, probably not a lot.   The NFL needed to set an example it get it, but I understand what was going on.  As BB said, we were wrong we were punished and we moved on, but we were not the only ones that were doing it at the time.

And the most recent issue, when this was so far under the radar most here did not realize it was happening, but we had the Packers over inflating balls and handing them in to the refs when the rule says the need to be in spec, and teams warming balls after the game started, and when no one was looking, the NFL either did nothing or just game them a warning.  Then when the pats are allegedly caught with the same issue, one or the other or neither, all of a sudden the action is a crime punishable.  And you wonder why we get so frustrated. 

I think BB got tired of it and this time is playing it differently.  He sees the injustice in it and wanted to set the record straight.  And I sincerely think the reason why Brady laughed Monday morning because whatever the pats did, if anything, was not something that is not accepted or done by other teams, now all of a sudden its an issue?  I mean please. 

Time will tell what is found, if the Pats have done something beyond initially providing balls not spec and/or manipulating balls once the game starts, then we can talk. 

Now it's the Colts fault? You have got to be kidding me......

This isn't about the Colts. This isn't about the score of a game. This is about the Patriots and what they do when they think nobody is looking. 

It's called deflection and projecting. Common defense mechanisms.

I think BB got tired of it and this time is playing it differently.  He sees the injustice in it and wanted to set the record straight.  And I sincerely think the reason why Brady laughed Monday morning because whatever the pats did, if anything, was not something that is not accepted or done by other teams, now all of a sudden its an issue?  I mean please. 

This is the distinction, for me, this time around. BB never once denied any of the 2007 allegations. His Saturday press conference was way out of character for him. He was pretty aggressive in defending his team. 

This is the distinction, for me, this time around. BB never once denied any of the 2007 allegations. His Saturday press conference was way out of character for him. He was pretty aggressive in defending his team.

Yep. A sign of indignance. I believe him.

No. of course not.

THANK YOU!!!

Another 1 post wonder.  I hope you enjoyed your stay at hotel Luck.  Fly Air Belichick back home......OOOOPs there is not air to fly in.....Thanks for your one hit there.  I would change my avatar to Milli Vanilli.

:atroll:  :atroll:  :atroll:  :atroll:

Might be safer to walk :)

How is that relevant?

I would think the testimony of any "defendant" in any court case (to use an analogy) would be relevant. 

Facing prior accusations in 2007, Belichick made no such effort to deny, minimize, or otherwise absolve himself or the team from any wrongdoing. Don't know if you saw his PC Saturday or read the transcript, but he said in no uncertain terms that he's 100% positive that no one on his team knowingly or deliberately violated any rules. 

That denial, to me, means one of two things:

1. He's telling the truth. 

2. He's lying but doesn't think the NFL will be able to scrape up any evidence.

And if it's #2, then he's risking everything... his entire NFL career. 40 years of hard work and hoodies.

Prior to Saturday, if the league found them guilty, he may have had a four-week suspension or something like that, at worst. If the league finds evidence now, after his comments Saturday, that it was deliberate and that he knew about it, he's in huge trouble. Not just with Goodell but with HOF voters. 

People can hate the man all they want but he's not dumb. And option #2... dumb. 

My sense of the situation is that BB knew what going on in '07 and took his medicine in regards to the fact that we were singled out.  And then he sees the same thing happening this year for second time and wanted to put a stop to it.   I'll take a fall for the league once but not twice.  That is why I think he was so forthright.  Bottom line, many folks know what goes on behind the scenes in the NFL, players and coaches.  They know how teams handle the interaction with the ball and the refs, how the refs check them if at all, the condition the balls arrived to the refs, what happens after the teams get the balls back, what happens with the balls when the conditions go bad with the weather. 

Aaron Rodgers has already admitted to more than one violation, so technically he is a repeat offender, but yet he walks free as a bird today.   Not sure how this is going to shake down, or if there is more evidence, like the Pats have done this for 14 years, but we will have to wait and see.

If the facts come down as they might, I really hope the pats fight this to the end.  I want justice to be done one way or the other.  but justice none the less.

I would think the testimony of any "defendant" in any court case (to use an analogy) would be relevant.

Facing prior accusations in 2007, Belichick made no such effort to deny, minimize, or otherwise absolve himself or the team from any wrongdoing. Don't know if you saw his PC Saturday or read the transcript, but he said in no uncertain terms that he's 100% positive that no one on his team knowingly or deliberately violated any rules.

And if it's #2, then he's risking everything... his entire NFL career. 40 years of hard work and hoodies.

Prior to Saturday, if the league found them guilty, he may have had a four-week suspension or something like that, at worst. If the league finds evidence now, after his comments Saturday, that it was deliberate and that he knew about it, he's in huge trouble. Not just with Goodell but with HOF voters.

Per Boston Globe, Belichick in 2008:

"In my entire coaching career, I've never seen another team's practice film prior to playing that team," he said. "I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team's walkthrough. We don't even film our own. We don't even want to see ourselves do anything, that's the pace that it's at. Regardless, I've never been a part of that."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/18/belichick_and_pioli_speak_out/?page=full

That's specious reasoning, at best. You're not analyzing what he said. You're judging his response on the basis of what it was -- a denial -- without evaluating the legitimacy of what he said. Because once you actually think about his comments, they just don't add up.

And his response to Spygate was different because Spygate was different. The videotaping may have been common, but the league sent a memo to all teams to stop, and defiantly, the Patriots did not. Then they were penalized. So perhaps other teams did it, but other teams weren't penalized because other teams stopped (evidently) when they were told to stop. His defense of Spygate -- everyone did it -- misses the mark, and that's why the NFL penalized the team. 

In this case, yes, it's a denial, and perhaps that's unique for him, but it's not proof that what he said makes any sense. His best defense was the original defense of plausible deniability, not this pseudo-science of how the balls could have lost pressure. No, he's not dumb, but history is littered with smart, powerful men doing dumb things, then making them worse with denials. 

Another 1 post wonder.  I hope you enjoyed your stay at hotel Luck.  Fly Air Belichick back home......OOOOPs there is not air to fly in.....Thanks for your one hit there.  I would change my avatar to Milli Vanilli.

:atroll:  :atroll:  :atroll:  :atroll:

Might be safer to walk :)

:thmup: outta likes just don't get where they think the Colts are behind this , doesn't matter cheating is cheating 3rd times charm hope they get hammered for the integrity of the game.