Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady "Sour Grapes"

chrisfarley

That's what I thought you meant after I posted that, Yeah... the officiating crew claims they tested the balls for air pressure when they initially checked them.

You know, I have never been one for tin hats, but I've had this thought at the back of my mind for a few days. The way the league has handled this is terrible, and I wonder if my tin hat theory is maybe a bit more true then I want to believe.

What if the pats deliberately underinflate the balls when they are sent to the ref. The assumption is that the ref will check and "pump them up" (yes, deliberate A. Rodgers joke there).

The refs just dont do their jobs sometimes, as its so routine. Give a ball or 2 a squeeze, yeah, their fine. Reports of balls in other games being underinflated..the squeeze test. Balls ok, refs did their job.  In this situation, what ref is going to admit they just squeezed a few?

/end conspiracy 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, my response was to bababooey, who for whatever reason, has been at the forefront of this anti-Patriot revolution that's been going on all week. Badmouth the team all you want...but he's been disrespectful to us as fans, he's been tripping over himself just throwing out the buzzwords over and over while not contributing anything of substance to any conversation...so you know what? I'm going to call him out on the hypocrisy he's showed about trying to claim its all about the integrity of the game. I'm sorry but those who are the loudest get the most attention...and hes certainly been the loudest this week and I've been reading what he says and it just hasnt been consistent.

That's fine. A lot of Patriots fans have been inconsistent and are just grasping at straws. I get it if you are burned out on arguing this, I'm getting to that point. Everyone is being loud about this, both of us included. You could always block him. I don't think anyone is going to win this argument anyway.

I don't know your team seems to always have some issue with the Pats every time we beat you - the field being uncovered, the weather, rule changes to stop our DBs from being physical, and now ball inflation. Honestly, if I was a Colts fan, I would be asking Ryan Grigson why he cared so much about ball inflation prior to the AFC title game then getting his team prepared to compete. I mean you had a player miss the plane, you suspended another one and then deactivated your two number one picks on defense. Complete disarray. That was by far the least competitive game the two teams have played and the SB was on the line. I would rather have the Colts forget the balls and compete and win and be going to the bowl. But that is just me.

Hahaha I would rather not have a cloud of cheating and trying to be above the rules hanging over my team/organization. I can take a bad loss... that happens. Colts have some holes they have to fill and things they gotta figure out. But the Pats seem to lack some integrity. And you wanna guess why the Colts orginization questions you guys and what you're doing..? Maybe look at your guys hohistory! That gives reason for doubt and suspicion. Sorry charlie... thats how it is. The Pats really have brought ALL this on themselves And have NOBODY to blame BUT themselves. So how about they play by the RULES and have some INTEGRITY and maybe this won't happen!!! Your simply dancing around things trying avoid and deflect the major malfunction and issue your team has. It is a FAAAAR WORSE issue than the fact the Colts played a bad game and can't figure out how to beat the Pats yet. FAR worse!!!

And there it is again. This is all you have offered to this debate all week. "Your team cheats...you fans suck...I hate your team...you fans suck...your team is scum...you fans suck." Just save yourself some time and copy and paste it every 4 minutes and that would be the equivalent to your presence on this board this week. All you're trying to do is elicit a negative response from us...and I don't know if you know this, but that is the definition of trolling. It does't matter if this is a Colts board, trolling is trolling, and when your sole purpose by posting is to get negative responses...well, there you go.

It's always so very telling when someone says 'why are you even here'....because the only time it ever comes up is when they have nothing else to offer a conversation. Its like you're holding your hands over your ears saying 'But! But! But!....YOU CHEATED!" That's all you got.

Just curious...

Are you surprised??? During a week where the *s are brought to question on whether they followed protocol put forth by the NFL (regardless of the given advantage, because that argument goes both ways) I would expect that a *s fan would understand what they are walking into??

No???

I think it is somewhat obvious that message boards tend to draw a certain personality that can at times enjoy argument for arguments sake....

No???

If not, then carry on...

Or carry on regardless...

And there it is again. This is all you have offered to this debate all week. "Your team cheats...you fans suck...I hate your team...you fans suck...your team is scum...you fans suck." Just save yourself some time and copy and paste it every 4 minutes and that would be the equivalent to your presence on this board this week. All you're trying to do is elicit a negative response from us...and I don't know if you know this, but that is the definition of trolling. It does't matter if this is a Colts board, trolling is trolling, and when your sole purpose by posting is to get negative responses...well, there you go.

It's always so very telling when someone says 'why are you even here'....because the only time it ever comes up is when they have nothing else to offer a conversation. Its like you're holding your hands over your ears saying 'But! But! But!....YOU CHEATED!" That's all you got.

I contribute fine to everything related to Colts football, I just don't take kindly to proven cheaters or their clueless fans becoming astrophysicists this week and not just looking at the facts. twice. proven. cheaters. your messiah's are frauds

My point went over your head apparently.

You and I drive down a road with a speed limit of 30 MPH and we both drive 35 MPH driving the same car with same traffic, you either get a pass or a warning.  I get a ticket and am labeled a threat to society.   I accept the ticket and accept that I was speeding (even though everyone drives 35 MPH), but what I don't appreciate is that one person is innocent and I am labeled a threat to society when driving 35 MPH in a 30 MPH zone.

What you do not understand, is I accept the speeding ticket but not the label a threat to society whilst another gets to slide.  Understand my point?

I understand your point. It never went over my head. Here's the thing if we are both speeding and you get pulled over that does suck a lot of people have been in that situation, however if you have been pulled over multiple times for speeding it's apparent that you haven't learned your lesson and you don't care about posted speed limits. It doesn't change the fact that I was speeding, and it doesn't make what I did any less wrong. You are going to get labeled a speeder because you were caught, and if you are caught more than once it is a fair label.

If you like the Patriots and you are comfortable with that then that's fine. I honestly don't understand why you care what Colts fans or any other fans think. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of the Colts. I like them, they are my team. Seriously you should not care what any of us think about the Patriots. Make your own assumptions and choices.

Hahaha I would rather not have a cloud of cheating and trying to be above the rules hanging over my team/organization. I can take a bad loss... that happens. Colts have some holes they have to fill and things they gotta figure out. But the Pats seem to lack some integrity. And you wanna guess why the Colts orginization questions you guys and what you're doing..? Maybe look at your guys hohistory! That gives reason for doubt and suspicion. Sorry charlie... thats how it is. The Pats really have brought ALL this on themselves And have NOBODY to blame BUT themselves. So how about they play by the RULES and have some INTEGRITY and maybe this won't happen!!! Your simply dancing around things trying avoid and deflect the major malfunction and issue your team has. It is a FAAAAR WORSE issue than the fact the Colts played a bad game and can't figure out how to beat the Pats yet. FAR worse!!!

Aaaaand whether you like it or not, all this is gonna conyinue to linger around Pats organization there will always be question behind how they are playing the game and if they are playing by the rules. Especially since this the 2nd time. This just isn't all gonna go away after everything is settled. But thats what ya get when ya don't play by the rules!!!

Not to be a nit picker , but the report is that all 12 balls were found to under spec. 11 were exactly 2 lbs under and the 12 was under by an undisclosed number.

This is the interesting part dw. The NFL confirmed the balls which we knew from Mort but is still searching for evidence of the tampering in terms of who did it. They have brought in an investigative team for forensics and video tape, etc.  Couple of thoughts here:

1) Brady knows what happened to those balls. No doubt. BUT he is denying it and so is Bill although I believe Bill probably did not know but does now. I have to believe there is no way either of them do those pressers if they believe the league can find any evidence linking any patriot employee or staff to the tampering. Otherwise they will have lying to go along with the cheating and face the same fate as Sean Payton.

2) I can't believe from a purely PR and brand stand point that the NFL is going to let this drag into next week and potentially not rule until after the SB which is what Peter King has said. How can they let this story hijack their biggest game? Can you see media day? I mean what a circus. BOTH teams will be answering questions on this instead of the game and that is not fair especially to Seattle. Goodell will have to talk about it instead of the game. That IS a NIGHTMARE scenario during a year where they have had egg on their face multiple times. I wonder if the forensics is just a cover so they can appear to be taking this seriously to only exonerate the Pats? I don't know but it is mind boggling to me that they would let this drag this far and potentially into next week.

I don't know your team seems to always have some issue with the Pats every time we beat you - the field being uncovered, the weather, rule changes to stop our DBs from being physical, and now ball inflation. Honestly, if I was a Colts fan, I would be asking Ryan Grigson why he cared so much about ball inflation prior to the AFC title game then getting his team prepared to compete. I mean you had a player miss the plane, you suspended another one and then deactivated your two number one picks on defense. Complete disarray. That was by far the least competitive game the two teams have played and the SB was on the line. I would rather have the Colts forget the balls and compete and win and be going to the bowl. But that is just me.

Of course you would rather the Colts fans forget, because you want to come here and gloat and parade around about your team winning. Your team broke the rules, and all you can do is criticize the Colts management for losing a game? Why is it that you can never accept it when your team does something dirty? Just because you think your team is above ridicule doesn't make it so. For the record there are threads on here about how to build the team for a Superbowl run next year. Most have moved on from the loss, and that's not what these threads have been about anyway. They are about the Patriots breaking rules. You know what is going to be said in these threads, yet you act surprised that people don't like the Patriots. You've been here long enough to know better than that.

This is the interesting part dw. The NFL confirmed the balls which we knew from Mort but is still searching for evidence of the tampering in terms of who did it. They have brought in an investigative team for forensics and video tape, etc. Couple of thoughts here:

1) Brady knows what happened to those balls. No doubt. BUT he is denying it and so is Bill although I believe Bill probably did not know but does now. I have to believe there is no way either of them do those pressers if they believe the league can find any evidence linking any patriot employee or staff to the tampering. Otherwise they will have lying to go along with the cheating and face the same fate as Sean Payton.

2) I can't believe from a purely PR and brand stand point that the NFL is going to let this drag into next week and potentially not rule until after the SB which is what Peter King has said. How can they let this story hijack their biggest game? Can you see media day? I mean what a circus. BOTH teams will be answering questions on this instead of the game and that is not fair especially to Seattle. Goodell will have to talk about it instead of the game. That IS a NIGHTMARE scenario during a year where they have had egg on their face multiple times. I wonder if the forensics is just a cover so they can appear to be taking this seriously to only exonerate the Pats? I don't know but it is mind boggling to me that they would let this drag this far and potentially into next week.

it's not going away before the superbowl. You might as well accept that. Media day will be great

Of course you would rather the Colts fans forget, because you want to come here and gloat and parade around about your team winning. Your team broke the rules, and all you can do is criticize the Colts management for losing a game? Why is it that you can never accept it when your team does something dirty? Just because you think your team is above ridicule doesn't make it so. For the record there are threads on here about how to build the team for a Superbowl run next year. Most have moved on from the loss, and that's not what these threads have been about anyway. They are about the Patriots breaking rules. You know what is going to be said in these threads, yet you act surprised that people don't like the Patriots. You've been here long enough to know better than that.

I was just giving perspective on the reason for the sour grapes remark and why Brady would say it.

In terms of the Colts, Matt Hasselbeck was on the radio today as he is from Boston, my husband went to school with him at Xaverian high school and he said that all of the players want this story to go away because they got embarrassed on the field and don't blame the ball air as a reason. My main point is that your team seem ill prepared to go out and compete and I think having your GM focused on ball inflation can contribute to a less than 100 percent effort. It was not a shot just an observation and I am not hiding from what my team is being accused of. Not at all. Very sad week for all of us Pats fans. I hope for a resolution soon but does not seem like it is coming ...

I contribute fine to everything related to Colts football, I just don't take kindly to proven cheaters or their clueless fans becoming astrophysicists this week and not just looking at the facts. twice. proven. cheaters. your messiah's are frauds

And can you stop with the whole 'your Messiahs'...'your Idols'....'your Heros' thing? We aren't 12 years old. This is football, and when you say things like that it becomes increasingly clear that you're just here to troll. 

This is the interesting part dw. The NFL confirmed the balls which we knew from Mort but is still searching for evidence of the tampering in terms of who did it. They have brought in an investigative team for forensics and video tape, etc.  Couple of thoughts here:

2) I can't believe from a purely PR and brand stand point that the NFL is going to let this drag into next week and potentially not rule until after the SB which is what Peter King has said. How can they let this story hijack their biggest game? Can you see media day? I mean what a circus. BOTH teams will be answering questions on this instead of the game and that is not fair especially to Seattle. Goodell will have to talk about it instead of the game. That IS a NIGHTMARE scenario during a year where they have had egg on their face multiple times. I wonder if the forensics is just a cover so they can appear to be taking this seriously to only exonerate the Pats? I don't know but it is mind boggling to me that they would let this drag this far and potentially into next week.

I really have no idea on either of those two points. I do think the media should just let it go until the findings come out. But not going to happen I guess. I do think Brady is lying unless there turns out to be some amazing twist to all this. His motivation would be that people are going to assume he's been playing with deflated balls for years. That really effects his legacy and gives him motivation to lie... even if it's riskier than you're thinking.

I was just giving perspective on the reason for the sour grapes remark and why Brady would say it.

In terms of the Colts, Matt Hasselbeck was on the radio today as he is from Boston, my husband went to school with him at Xaverian high school and he said that all of the players want this story to go away because they got embarrassed on the field and don't blame the ball air as a reason. My main point is that your team seem ill prepared to go out and compete and I think having your GM focused on ball inflation can contribute to a less than 100 percent effort. It was not a shot just an observation and I am not hiding from what my team is being accused of. Not at all. Very sad week for all of us Pats fans. I hope for a resolution soon but does not seem like it is coming ...

How was the gm focused on the under inflated balls? The equipmenr guy let him know during the game. Also, the gm doesn't prepare the team, that's what the coaches are for. The fact is you are trying to deflect attention away from the fact that the patriots clearly did something against the rules...... again.

guys her husband went to high school with hasselback, that's legit we can stop now since the colts don't want us to talk about it anymore.

our team was not ill prepared, our team was 2-14 three years ago, we were simply ill equipped. we will be fine in the future. your team cheated now when it didn't need to. Grigson calling the NFL about the ball is a 10 minute conversation, he is not running drills at practice, that's what pagano, pep, and manusky are for.

The NFL probably had this wrapped up in 10 minutes but are stonewalling it until after the Superbowl and are PRAYING the seahawks win. They already have a PR nightmare on it's hands as it is because your team cheated and forced them into a difficult spot where they can't just pull star players from the game for cheating. You can bet your butt the NFL will wait until after the Superbowl and are also pulling for Seattle to win more than they've ever pulled for any team to win a Superbowl ever because of the Patriot's cheating.

Gotcha. Maybe, I personally don't think the Colts had the team to beat the Patriots this year. Next year maybe. I'm just happy it wasn't like a 2 point game, I don't want that to be the excuse for the loss. I don't think Grigson's focus on inflation caused a blow out.

And can you stop with the whole 'your Messiahs'...'your Idols'....'your Heros' thing? We aren't 12 years old. This is football, and when you say things like that it becomes increasingly clear that you're just here to troll. 

Sorry, your franchise's and one of the NFL's best quarterback and head coaches were caught cheating twice. Everything they have ever done on a football field is not legitimate.

I really have no idea on either of those two points. I do think the media should just let it go until the findings come out. But not going to happen I guess. I do think Brady is lying unless there turns out to be some amazing twist to all this. His motivation would be that people are going to assume he's been playing with deflated balls for years. That really effects his legacy and gives him motivation to lie... even if it's riskier than you're thinking.

Yes. No way Brady can admit it. And I also have to believe that he feels there is no evidence otherwise he is lying and if he is caught than it is much worse in terms of perception and punishment. I am wondering if the Pats brought in a separate bag of balls to the game maybe? Although they said the inspected balls were locked in the refs room until 10 minutes before game.

I am out of tinfoil hat ideas of how the Pats would do it and there would be no evidence. But I do think it is probably something Brady has been doing ever since he and Manning lobbied the league to let the Qbs prep their own balls.

BTW, this might help to explain why his deep ball has been so bad since Moss left. The biggest disadvantage to a deflated ball is you can get it down field as far. Better grip but less ability to cut thru the air as an over inflated ball.

Sorry, your franchise's and one of the NFL's best quarterback and head coaches were caught cheating twice. Everything they have ever done on a football field is not legitimate.

Well you can bet your bottom that everything will be in order next week, and if they win the Superbowl you can't say the win itself wasn't legit.

The GM effort wasn't focused on the deflated balls.  It was an awful game.  But, you need to stop coming to a Colts fan site and telling everyone they are pointing fingers and being cry babies because the Pats cheated.  We got beat.  We know it.  We admit it.  The Pats cheated.  They should admit it.  I can't understand why you come on here and poke at this fan base and then act surprised when they defend themselves. Would someone PLEASE start a decent Pats forum so this wouldn't happen.

Yes. No way Brady can admit it. And I also have to believe that he feels there is no evidence otherwise he is lying and if he is caught than it is much worse in terms of perception and punishment. I am wondering if the Pats brought in a separate bag of balls to the game maybe? Although they said the inspected balls were locked in the refs room until 10 minutes before game.

I am out of tinfoil hat ideas of how the Pats would do it and there would be no evidence. But I do think it is probably something Brady has been doing ever since he and Manning lobbied the league to let the Qbs prep their own balls.

yet again, this has ZERO to do with ball prep. They passed inspection pregame

Its like Groundhog Day all over again... the words Patriots and scandal are synonomous

Just put another asterick * next to their 2014 season

now some patriots fans are saying the COLTS are behind all this and messed with the footballs, wow, they are desperate.  they say DJ supposedly was the person who turned it in and now is denying it, along with Pagano,,,,,,,,,,pffffttttt, unbelievable , their calling it HATERGATE.  Brady needs the asterisk along side his name in the hall of fame one day.

The GM effort wasn't focused on the deflated balls.  It was an awful game.  But, you need to stop coming to a Colts fan site and telling everyone they are pointing fingers and being cry babies because the Pats cheated.  We got beat.  We know it.  We admit it.  The Pats cheated.  They should admit it.  I can't understand why you come on here and poke at this fan base and then act surprised when they defend themselves. Would someone PLEASE start a decent Pats forum so this wouldn't happen.

judging by the comment section on ANY article that doesn't praise the Pats, they go ballistic at anything negative (even if it's true)...never seen a fan base with such a inferiority complex

Well you can bet your bottom that everything will be in order next week, and if they win the Superbowl you can't say the win itself wasn't legit.

Yes you can. You easily can. If they win then they beat the seahawks fair and square but the path to get there is riddled with cheating. You realize how lucky you are that your New England Patriots got caught in the Colts game when they didn't need to instead of against the Ravens game when they did?

judging by the comment section on ANY article that doesn't praise the Pats, they go ballistic at anything negative (even if it's true)...never seen a fan base with such a inferiority complex

Boston itself has an inferiority complex. They need to cheat in multiple sports and bid for an Olympics that will bring nothing but more taxes, traffic, and terrorism threats to our citizens. As well as the Mayor revoking the first amendment (http://www.infowars.com/freedom-of-speech-boston-mayor-bans-bad-mouthing-of-olympics-as-facebook-will-filter-out-fake-news/). It's an us vs. them town. The jealousy that started because despite the country starting there, NY is the real center of the world and they can't handle it.

BTW, this might help to explain why his deep ball has been so bad since Moss left. The biggest disadvantage to a deflated ball is you can get it down field as far. Better grip but less ability to cut thru the air as an over inflated ball.

Possible I guess

I honestly would rather lose than to cheat another team.

I see Patriots trolls on here as well as some posters I am friends with.  If you back the cheating Patriots Organization, I see no reason to be on a team's website who is a class act within the rules.

We have an owner that got in trouble as well as players yes, but in no way do we cheat on the field.  Shame on Kraft and all cheaters.  My kids will never cheat in anything   You have my word on it.  The Patriots are ridiculous.

Boston itself has an inferiority complex. They need to cheat in multiple sports and bid for an Olympics that will bring nothing but more taxes, traffic, and terrorism threats to our citizens. As well as the Mayor revoking the first amendment (http://www.infowars.com/freedom-of-speech-boston-mayor-bans-bad-mouthing-of-olympics-as-facebook-will-filter-out-fake-news/). It's an us vs. them town. The jealousy that started because despite the country starting there, NY is the real center of the world and they can't handle it.

How can someone who seems so sure about it all be so wrong about everything?

What does this even mean...."Boston needs to bid for an Olympics that will bring nothing but ..."  I honestly cant even begin to understand what point about Boston you're trying to prove by saying we need to bid on the Olympics...