Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady "Sour Grapes"

chrisfarley

:thmup: outta likes just don't get where they think the Colts are behind this , doesn't matter cheating is cheating 3rd times charm hope they get hammered for the integrity of the game. 

I hope nobody considers what I said nothing but humor....

I do, however believe the trolls just keep a comin.  :)  Cheaters.  Simple.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's specious reasoning, at best. You're not analyzing what he said. You're judging his response on the basis of what it was -- a denial -- without evaluating the legitimacy of what he said. Because once you actually think about his comments, they just don't add up.

And his response to Spygate was different because Spygate was different. The videotaping may have been common, but the league sent a memo to all teams to stop, and defiantly, the Patriots did not. Then they were penalized. So perhaps other teams did it, but other teams weren't penalized because other teams stopped (evidently) when they were told to stop. His defense of Spygate -- everyone did it -- misses the mark, and that's why the NFL penalized the team. 

In this case, yes, it's a denial, and perhaps that's unique for him, but it's not proof that what he said makes any sense. His best defense was the original defense of plausible deniability, not this pseudo-science of how the balls could have lost pressure. No, he's not dumb, but history is littered with smart, powerful men doing dumb things, then making them worse with denials. 

Read this sometime when you get a chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

Particularly the memo vs the actual rule and the ensuing confusion which BB said he read as taping for "use in the game being played".

Just another tidbit on the who dunnits ;)  - George Halas, a film nut, went in the woods with an 8mm Brownie camera to film the opponents practice back in the 40's. 

I would think the testimony of any "defendant" in any court case (to use an analogy) would be relevant. 

Facing prior accusations in 2007, Belichick made no such effort to deny, minimize, or otherwise absolve himself or the team from any wrongdoing. Don't know if you saw his PC Saturday or read the transcript, but he said in no uncertain terms that he's 100% positive that no one on his team knowingly or deliberately violated any rules. 

That denial, to me, means one of two things:

1. He's telling the truth. 

2. He's lying but doesn't think the NFL will be able to scrape up any evidence.

And if it's #2, then he's risking everything... his entire NFL career. 40 years of hard work and hoodies.

Prior to Saturday, if the league found them guilty, he may have had a four-week suspension or something like that, at worst. If the league finds evidence now, after his comments Saturday, that it was deliberate and that he knew about it, he's in huge trouble. Not just with Goodell but with HOF voters. 

People can hate the man all they want but he's not dumb. And option #2... dumb. 

A prime example of all of us seeing what we want to see and hearing what we want to hear.

We all watched the same Press Conference.   Some came away from it fully believing he was telling the truth, while others were even more convinced of his lying and guilt.    :dunno:   

I felt the "desperation" of trying to convince people he'd personally been conducting  science projects instead of putting together a game plan for the biggest game of the year...  SCREAMED  guilt.   But that's just my opinion.

Read this sometime when you get a chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

Particularly the memo vs the actual rule and the ensuing confusion which BB said he read as taping for "use in the game being played".

Just another tidbit on the who dunnits ;)  - George Halas, a film nut, went in the woods with an 8mm Brownie camera to film the opponents practice back in the 40's. 

I just skimmed over it. I'll be honest, I'm never going to go back and read the entire thing. I don't really care about Spygate that much, and never have. 

But I don't believe the Patriots were singled out for doing something that everyone else was doing. I believe they continued doing something that the league told everyone to stop doing.

I definitely don't believe that the league only penalized the Patriots to promote parity. As far as conspiracy theories go, that's a pretty weak one. Dynasties and dominant teams historically make leagues money. Yes, the NFL loves parity, but no, the NFL doesn't hate great teams.

Per Boston Globe, Belichick in 2008:

"In my entire coaching career, I've never seen another team's practice film prior to playing that team," he said. "I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team's walkthrough. We don't even film our own. We don't even want to see ourselves do anything, that's the pace that it's at. Regardless, I've never been a part of that."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/18/belichick_and_pioli_speak_out/?page=full

You need to brush up on Spygate a little.  ;)

The claim that they filmed a walk-through was never substantiated. All they were charged with was filming other teams' defensive signals, which neither BB nor anyone with the organization ever denied. In fact, the Boston Herald, which is the outfit that "broke" the walk-through story, printed a front-page retraction on it. 

That's specious reasoning, at best. You're not analyzing what he said. You're judging his response on the basis of what it was -- a denial -- without evaluating the legitimacy of what he said. Because once you actually think about his comments, they just don't add up.

Sure I am... where did I say the substance of what he said didn't matter? 

I thought he was a lot more transparent than I've ever seen him before. 

A prime example of all of us seeing what we want to see and hearing what we want to hear.

In both your case and mine, Gramz, as you pointed out. 

But I would venture to say I've seen a lot more of these than you have, and have a better basis for comparison. And I've never quite seen Belichick like that. If you think my opinion isn't worth much, I first saw the article with a write-up from Mike Reiss, who's been covering the Patriots since the Pete Carroll days. He said the same thing.

He had two TDs, and averaged 8.2 yards a throw as well. Maybe all he needed to step his game up was a little motivation. Of course the jury is still out, the kid is only in year three lol.  

I'm looking at passing stats and your including a 2 yard run , that's why we differ on the TD's. The 8.2 per throw is good but it did include a 69 harder to Jackson and teams that win 44-17 usually don't play real tight coverages. But no doubt a step in the right direction. He's completed year 3 and only has one year left on his contract. I think the Redskins are crapping their pants and not thinking he's only in his 3rd year... however you are correct in saying he still has time to develop. I guess the NFL is never short of good story lines.

We all watched the same Press Conference.   Some came away from it fully believing he was telling the truth, while others were even more convinced of his lying and guilt.     :dunno:   

I felt the "desperation" of trying to convince people he'd personally been conducting  science projects instead of putting together a game plan for the biggest game of the year...  SCREAMED  guilt.   But that's just my opinion.

Even Wilson football manufacturer calls BB's science experiment nonsense....

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/01/deflategate_bill_belichicks_de.html

Sure I am... where did I say the substance of what he said didn't matter? 

I thought he was a lot more transparent than I've ever seen him before. 

I don't see how you could be analyzing what he said, my friend. We've been trading barbs since 2009, I think, on the old Credit Union form. I know you're a thinking person. There's just no way to listen to what Belichick said about ball pressure and come away believing that the balls lost pressure due to anything other than deliberate action. What he said didn't make any sense.

I don't mean to offend. I just think what he said flies in the face of reason.

So, transparent or not (and I'll give you that, he was more forthcoming than I can ever remember him being), his words did not add up. Perhaps his denial is unique, but I don't understand how that could be more compelling that actual fact. Assuming that the Pats balls had lost significant pressure, and the Colts balls had not, weather, the differing conditions between where the balls were initially measured and the field, and then where they were measured again, ball preparation, etc., does not explain the discrepancy. 

The fact that he chose to address it head on doesn't change the fact that his balls were significantly different, but the Colts' balls weren't. It's Occam's razor. 

I'm looking at passing stats and your including a 2 yard run , that's why we differ on the TD's. The 8.2 per throw is good but it did include a 69 harder to Jackson and teams that win 44-17 usually don't play real tight coverages. But no doubt a step in the right direction. He's completed year 3 and only has one year left on his contract. I think the Redskins are crapping their pants and not thinking he's only in his 3rd year... however you are correct in saying he still has time to develop. I guess the NFL is never short of good story lines.

Yeah, stats hardly ever tell the whole story. You're right, it is always good to see the feel good stories rather than the controversies that's for sure.

I don't see how you could be analyzing what he said, my friend. We've been trading barbs since 2009, I think, on the old Credit Union form. I know you're a thinking person. There's just no way to listen to what Belichick said about ball pressure and come away believing that the balls lost pressure due to anything other than deliberate action. What he said didn't make any sense.

I don't mean to offend. I just think what he said flies in the face of reason.

So, transparent or not (and I'll give you that, he was more forthcoming than I can ever remember him being), his words did not add up. Perhaps his denial is unique, but I don't understand how that could be more compelling that actual fact. Assuming that the Pats balls had lost significant pressure, and the Colts balls had not, weather, the differing conditions between where the balls were initially measured and the field, and then where they were measured again, ball preparation, etc., does not explain the discrepancy. 

The fact that he chose to address it head on doesn't change the fact that his balls were significantly different, but the Colts' balls weren't. It's Occam's razor. 

Wouldn't you love to see what they do to those balls to raise the PSI a full pound ? That would be hilarious to really see what would be needed to do that.

Wouldn't you love to see what they do to those balls to raise the PSI a full pound ? That would be hilarious to really see what would be needed to do that.

I'm pretty sure heat is the only way to increase the PSI in a ball, without, you know, pumping it up.

In both your case and mine, Gramz, as you pointed out. 

But I would venture to say I've seen a lot more of these than you have, and have a better basis for comparison. And I've never quite seen Belichick like that. If you think my opinion isn't worth much, I first saw the article with a write-up from Mike Reiss, who's been covering the Patriots since the Pete Carroll days. He said the same thing.

Yes, I said in my case as well.  I understand that Mike Reiss as well as many others share your view, just as several NFL QB's and personnel share my view. Doesn't prove either of us right or wrong, just our viewpoint.    I never said your opinion isn't worth much, so please don't put those words on me.

You know you and I have always gotten along well on here,  we just don't see eye to eye on this particular subject and case. ;)

I just skimmed over it. I'll be honest, I'm never going to go back and read the entire thing. I don't really care about Spygate that much, and never have. 

But I don't believe the Patriots were singled out for doing something that everyone else was doing. I believe they continued doing something that the league told everyone to stop doing.

I definitely don't believe that the league only penalized the Patriots to promote parity. As far as conspiracy theories go, that's a pretty weak one. Dynasties and dominant teams historically make leagues money. Yes, the NFL loves parity, but no, the NFL doesn't hate great teams.

No I agree with you on the Patriots singled out part. At least it seems far fetched tho anything is possible in this mad world.

I was just pointing out the actual rule confusion. Having to argue construction specs for my job I would have challenged it but the NFL is a sole propriety hence BB just complied.  Actually it should have been called cameragate since spying on signals was legal thru use of a zoom lense spotter and writer duo.

Now it's the Colts fault? You have got to be kidding me......

This isn't about the Colts. This isn't about the score of a game. This is about the Patriots and what they do when they think nobody is looking. 

Bingo! I'm getting upset over some Patriots supporters, not my friends on here, making the argument that because the game was so lopsided the rule infraction is irrelevant in this case. It is possible to win a game convincingly & still break a known rule. In addition, if Jackson who intercepted the ball from Brady & detected no deflated ball handing it over to the zebra, it's not INDY's responsibility to prove or disprove a psi air pressure problem. That's responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of the crew officiating that game. Meaning that no Colts player is accountable for a NE football that was not filled up properly air pressure wise. 

I don't blame Bill Belichick, but you can't tell me that Tom Brady doesn't know who deflated his footballs to his preferred specifications i.e. the equipment manager inside Foxboro's own stadium. It is a lie of omission as in not telling the whole truth. Brady knows who did this & why. Just admit it & this story fades into the sunset. Play dumb & he will never live this dark cloud down the rest of his NFL career.  

Off to see Bill Belichick's Saturday press conference that I haven't seen yet...

Okay, I just watched the press conference from Saturday. Here are my impressions from Bill's Q & A session:

--"Every football is different. No 2 are identical." What like a snowflake? It's not a matter of replication Bill but air pressure. 

--"Every pressure gauge is different." Come on Bill, I can step on many different scales, I'd say 8-10 of them despite their range of bells & whistles can properly document my weight correctly. Fluctuation among gauges is no window for substancial wiggle room or immunity from wrongdoing. Not on your behalf, but on your HOF QB. 

--"Tom is very particular about the feel & texture of his balls."  haha Hey man, what Brady does privately is his own business. I'm not here to judge. Sorry, I couldn't resist that joke. My bad. 

--"I'm no scientist. Feel free to conduct your own experiments." Um Bill, why would anybody want to scuff up footballs in adverse weather conditions in their spare time? Stop trying to change the subject please. Who on the equipment staff is responsible for ball maintenance? What are they told to do at the request of your starting franchise QB? Can anybody in the equipment room do anything on their own regarding the condition of the footballs without the consent of the QB?

--"I'm more than happy to share this information with you." Like what for instance? The exact specifications of the ball simulations you frequently conduct? I highly doubt that Bill given how tight lipped you routinely are about your daily rituals & on the field practices.

--"A football is an animal skin a bladder." Okay, yes it is Bill. But the animal is dead & no longer alive. If I take 12 tires & lay them on the grass outside, are they all gonna be deflated? Absolutely not. 4-6 might lose some air, but not 11 out 12. No way. 

--I don't care about a football's equallibreum [spelling error] Bill. Throwing around terms like that reminds me of a medical doctor who uses professional jargon to confuse a patient & confuse them enough to stop asking anymore questions because they have no idea what was just said. Confuse the press assembled there with pointless jargon to shutdown any & all questions via bewilderment. 

That's my take anyway...

My sense of the situation is that BB knew what going on in '07 and took his medicine in regards to the fact that we were singled out. And then he sees the same thing happening this year for second time and wanted to put a stop to it. I'll take a fall for the league once but not twice. That is why I think he was so forthright. Bottom line, many folks know what goes on behind the scenes in the NFL, players and coaches. They know how teams handle the interaction with the ball and the refs, how the refs check them if at all, the condition the balls arrived to the refs, what happens after the teams get the balls back, what happens with the balls when the conditions go bad with the weather.

Aaron Rodgers has already admitted to more than one violation, so technically he is a repeat offender, but yet he walks free as a bird today. Not sure how this is going to shake down, or if there is more evidence, like the Pats have done this for 14 years, but we will have to wait and see.

If the facts come down as they might, I really hope the pats fight this to the end. I want justice to be done one way or the other. but justice none the less.

Aaron Rodgers said he prefers over inflated footballs for a tighter spiral. The refs always check and deflate the ball into legal pressure before each game and it irritates Aaron. Doesn't mean he played a game with illegal football pressure. He just said that it upsets him.

Okay, I just watched the press conference from Saturday. Here are my impressions from Bill's Q & A session:

--"Every football is different. No 2 are identical." What like a snowflake? It's not a matter of replication Bill but air pressure. 

--"Every pressure gauge is different." Come on Bill, I can step on many different scales, I'd say 8-10 of them despite their range of bells & whistles can properly document my weight correctly. Fluctuation among gauges is no window for substancial wiggle room or immunity from wrongdoing. Not on your behalf, but on your HOF QB. 

--"Tom is very particular about the feel & texture of his balls."  haha Hey man, what Brady does privately is his own business. I'm not here to judge. Sorry, I couldn't resist that joke. My bad. 

--"I'm no scientist. Feel free to conduct your own experiments." Um Bill, why would anybody want to scuff up footballs in adverse weather conditions in their spare time? Stop trying to change the subject please. Who on the equipment staff is responsible for ball maintenance? What are they told to do at the request of your starting franchise QB? Can anybody in the equipment room do anything on their own regarding the condition of the footballs without the consent of the QB?

--"I'm more than happy to share this information with you." Like what for instance? The exact specifications of the ball simulations you frequently conduct? I highly doubt that Bill given how tight lipped you routinely are about your daily rituals & on the field practices.

--"A football is an animal skin a bladder." Okay, yes it is Bill. But the animal is dead & no longer alive. If I take 12 tires & lay them on the grass outside, are they all gonna be deflated? Absolutely not. 4-6 might lose some air, but not 11 out 12. No way. 

--I don't care about a football's equallibreum [spelling error] Bill. Throwing around terms like that reminds me of a medical doctor who uses professional jargon to confuse a patient & confuse them enough to stop asking anymore questions because they have no idea what was just said. Confuse the press assembled there with pointless jargon to shutdown any & all questions via bewilderment. 

That's my take anyway...

Is it just me or does "PSI stimulation" sound like a CSI forensic science TV episode used to solve a football mistress's murder? Just Kidding! 

It's obvious that this conversation was strictly done to stop the bleeding & do damage control for NE. Did it achieve that? No, not really, but it didn't dig a deeper disaster hole either so it's a stalemate. We have no more answers than we did before this event took place. 

Aaron Rodgers said he prefers over inflated footballs for a tighter spiral. The refs always check and deflate the ball into legal pressure before each game and it irritates Aaron. Doesn't mean he played a game with illegal football pressure. He just said that it upsets him.

It's that simple, yet Yehoodi keeps repeating that, a hundred times now. It's downright false.

Bingo! I'm getting upset over some Patriots supporters, not my friends on here, making the argument that because the game was so lopsided the rule infraction is irrelevant in this case. It is possible to win a game convincingly & still break a known rule. In addition, if Jackson who intercepted the ball from Brady & detected no deflated ball handing it over to the zebra, it's not INDY's responsibility to prove or disprove a psi air pressure problem. That's responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of the crew officiating that game. Meaning that no Colts player is accountable for a NE football that was not filled up properly air pressure wise. 

I don't blame Bill Belichick, but you can't tell me that Tom Brady doesn't know who deflated his footballs to his preferred specifications i.e. the equipment manager inside Foxboro's own stadium. It is a lie of omission as in not telling the whole truth. Brady knows who did this & why. Just admit it & this story fades into the sunset. Play dumb & he will never live this dark cloud down the rest of his NFL career.  

Off to see Bill Belichick's Saturday press conference that I haven't seen yet...

Agreed Brady did know ,cant say BB did for sure , but absolutely Golden Boy did and I understand why . Smart by practical standards ,but wrong on so many levels. Probably a little smack on the hand and a Kraft bail out! 

This whole fiasco reminds me of a Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory episode. Good for plenty of chuckles for sure.

That's my take anyway...

This whole fiasco reminds me of a Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory episode. Good for plenty of chuckles for sure.

That's my take anyway...

This whole fiasco is starting to remind me of a Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory episode. Its too darn funny.

That's not the exact quote. 

"(Rodgers) said something [that] was unique," Simms revealed. "[Rodgers said] 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' 

From that, wouldn't you infer that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't? Otherwise, what's the point of over-inflating them in the first place?

(Superman, this is why that question was on my list for the NFL in the other thread. I don't think it's crystal clear at this point that EVERY ref puts a gauge on EVERY ball for EVERY game. If they tell me otherwise, cool. But when you read a quote like Rodgers' don't you wonder a little?) 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-deflated-footballs-012015

That's not the exact quote.

"(Rodgers) said something [that] was unique," Simms revealed. "[Rodgers said] 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.'

From that, wouldn't you infer that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't? Otherwise, what's the point of over-inflating them in the first place?

(Superman, this is why that question was on my list for the NFL in the other thread. I don't think it's crystal clear at this point that EVERY ref puts a gauge on EVERY ball for EVERY game. If they tell me otherwise, cool. But when you read a quote like Rodgers' don't you wonder a little?)

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-deflated-footballs-012015

But he doesn't ever admit to it not being caught by any refs. To me it sounds like it was caught every time, bro.

Did I say that he played with a ball overinflated?  My point was that what he was doing was a violation of the NFL rules.  Not sure what you missed.  It is violation period now matter how you try to spin it.  That is the first point

As for the moral compass, is it a violation of providing balls that are within spec, and if not such violation must be reported to the Commissioner.  When one steps back and starts to wonder why so many times does Aaron Rodgers and the Packers provide overinflated balls?   Shouldn't they know the rule book and never do it to start off with in the first place?  Shouldn't they after the first "mistake" realize and say "gee sorry about that ref, thanks for catching that and we will never do it again" and then not do it second time?  And much less more times and be angry instead of being relieved and appreciative that it was corrected?   

You and Superman are intelligent fellows, maybe you guys can get together and answer those questions.  And perhaps you might come up with one idea that one reason why they do it is the hope that one, or more, of the balls get through.  It has been reported by "they" that refs will sometimes just do a squeeze test and or the pregame test are not accurate.  Which would mean that that the Packers would be playing with ball out of spec based on a ball inflated by them, which is something you seemed to have a problem with if it happens.

And from a moral standpoint, if you can not see what is wrong with someone repeatedly submitting balls out of spec., then I can not help you or Superman. 

But regardless of how you want to down play it, the act is a violation of the rules.

Also, it will be interesting to see when all of the facts do come out directly from the NFL if the pregame checks may of been off and the NFL concludes that the pats did not alter the balls after they were checked but in actuality handed in balls that were underinflated.  And if so, they would of violated the same rule as what Aaron Rodgers did and I would love to see how much non concern there is regarding what the pats did if those are the facts.  Something tells me that there will be people looking for blood.

It's that simple, yet Yehoodi keeps repeating that, a hundred times now. It's downright false.

Apparently you missed my point.  A violation is a violation.  You can not hide the fact that Aaron Rodgers violated a rule. 

To save typing, I would kindly ask you to read my last post to pgt_rob.  Thanks.

Did I say that he played with a ball overinflated?  My point was that what he was doing was a violation of the NFL rules.  Not sure what you missed.  It is violation period now matter how you try to spin it.  That is the first point

As for the moral compass, is it a violation of providing balls that are within spec, and if not such violation must be reported to the Commissioner.  When one steps back and starts to wonder why so many times does Aaron Rodgers and the Packers provide overinflated balls?   Shouldn't they know the rule book and never do it to start off with in the first place?  Shouldn't they after the first "mistake" realize and say "gee sorry about that ref, thanks for catching that and we will never do it again" and then not do it second time?  And much less more times and be angry instead of being relieved and appreciative that it was corrected?   

You and Superman are intelligent fellows, maybe you guys can get together and answer those questions.  And perhaps you might come up with one idea that one reason why they do it is the hope that one, or more, of the balls get through.  It has been reported by "they" that refs will sometimes just do a squeeze test and or the pregame test are not accurate.  Which would mean that that the Packers would be playing with ball out of spec based on a ball inflated by them, which is something you seemed to have a problem with if it happens.

And from a moral standpoint, if you can not see what is wrong with someone repeatedly submitting balls out of spec., then I can not help you or Superman. 

But regardless of how you want to down play it, the act is a violation of the rules.

Also, it will be interesting to see when all of the facts do come out directly from the NFL if the pregame checks may of been off and the NFL concludes that the pats did not alter the balls after they were checked but in actuality handed in balls that were underinflated.  And if so, they would of violated the same rule as what Aaron Rodgers did and I would love to see how much non concern there is regarding what the pats did if those are the facts.  Something tells me that there will be people looking for blood.

Maybe they should pursue Aaron then? Perhaps he just admitted to a potential punishment? I know after this whole ordeal, refs will be even more on their toes.

Maybe they should pursue Aaron then? Perhaps he just admitted to a potential punishment? I know after this whole ordeal, refs will be even more on their toes.

Agreed.  See that is my point.  I really do not think this is that big of a deal and why I think Brady's initial reaction was to laugh it is off first thing Monday morning.  None of us fans truly know what goes on and the practices and procedures of the NFL, refs, teams and players.   I have heard bits and pieces from explayers and the media.   Some of which how they test the balls pregame.  Circa 2006 Manning and Brady lobbied the NFL to allow teams to bring their own balls to the games, and now we have the rule in the rule book about what teams need to do with respect to bringing game balls to the game. 

We do not know if there is any unwritten rule among the teams if the specs are fast and set or a guideline where teams know themselves and others can go above or below the inflation specs.   As I have heard there are pros and cons for both above and below inflation there is no extra benefit to either side and if teams want to chose one then fair enough as they will have the cons with the pros as well as the other team is free to do it. 

And given the warnings only to teams that have heated balls in game this year, makes me further think that this is not a big an issue as some may think.

Now with that said, things will be on a different footing if at one point this year or perhaps last year the pats were warned by the NFL to stop, or if the NFL caught the pats in game with underinflated balls gave them a first time warning and told them to cut it out, in which case the events in the AFCCG would be occurrence after the pats were warned to stop.

I just hope we get all of the facts good or bad for the pats.  I hope we find out what the pregame test practices are, were the pats warned prior, what were the actual inflation numbers at half time for both teams (well all the numbers the NFL have in its possession).   Surely our views on the matter could change once, hopefully, all of the facts are out.  But for me I do not know if the pats have been warned and from what I can gather from the leaked facts the pat balls were either underinflated at the start of the game (one rule violation) or were altered after they were given to the pats for play (another rule violation) and its either or (unless the balls were underinflated at start the refs inflated them and the pats took the air out, but from what I gather this does not seem to be the case it appears the balls were underinflated just once).   And to date from my experience regarding unwarned violators of these rules, there has been no penalty imposed.        

But he doesn't ever admit to it not being caught by any refs. To me it sounds like it was caught every time, bro.

I hear you, but if teams submit balls they know are over or under, and assume the refs will just release or add air, respectively, I would think that would be an important part of the process. 

I'm not sure I'd agree with "every time"... secondhand from Simms, it sounds like once in a while they let it slide. I don't know, that's pretty murky. 

I hear you, but if teams submit balls they know are over or under, and assume the refs will just release or add air, respectively, I would think that would be an important part of the process. 

I'm not sure I'd agree with "every time"... secondhand from Simms, it sounds like once in a while they let it slide. I don't know, that's pretty murky. 

Yeah... I don't think anyone is going to ever know the exact extent to what happens behind the scenes. Just like Yehoodi and I were talking about above. I'm just tired of it all already. The NFL needs to say something immediately following the Superbowl and get it over with. I'm already just looking at next season and our Colts draft section is starting to blow up so that is exciting.

Yeah... I don't think anyone is going to ever know the exact extent to what happens behind the scenes. Just like Yehoodi and I were talking about above. I'm just tired of it all already. The NFL needs to say something immediately following the Superbowl and get it over with. I'm already just looking at next season and our Colts draft section is starting to blow up so that is exciting.

I agree with the bold. My guess, though, is that the NFL drags this out for WEEKS. This is the same guy who did the Martin-Incognito investigation which went on for something like 12 weeks. Fewer people to talk to with deflateapalooza, but I'd put the over/under at five weeks. They move with the speed of glaciers. 

I agree with the bold. My guess, though, is that the NFL drags this out for WEEKS. This is the same guy who did the Martin-Incognito investigation which went on for something like 12 weeks. Fewer people to talk to with deflateapalooza, but I'd put the over/under at five weeks. They move with the speed of glaciers. 

Dear Lord... Oh well.

Apparently you missed my point.  A violation is a violation.  You can not hide the fact that Aaron Rodgers violated a rule. 

To save typing, I would kindly ask you to read my last post to pgt_rob.  Thanks.

It's not a violation to provide balls to the officials that aren't compliant.