Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get it, do you even watch the show? That show is great.. they support or debunk common myths that people have using actual experiments on the show.. its great stuff, very educational and entertaining.

Just... Stop.

Now its "Lets see if a car can blow up - after being buried by a bulldozer - with enough force to take the bulldozer out and keep the people in the car alive. Its worth a shot."

Yea they are on the up.. Luck went to wild card round his 1st year.. divisional round his 2nd year.. AFCCG his 3rd year.. Thats impressive stuff, he continues to get better and better each year and is a likeable guy.. ive said it before and ill say it again, I like Andrew Luck a lot.. not in a gay way or anything, but hes an awesome QB... but then again, everyone knew he was going to be a great... I dont even follow college football and I knew Andrew Luck's name his freshman year because of all the talk about him..

The Colts were very, very fortunate to be sitting at pick #1 the year that Luck declared. Very lucky..

Yeah it was definitely deflating for the other teams hoping to get Andrew.

Watching these two press conferences reminded me of two politicians in the middle of a scandal. They know nothing , saw nothing, and we're aware of nothing, which we heard 172 times. The only thing they missed was what the meaning of "is" is . Then the rest of the Patriots had similar sound bites to Belichick and Brady. They had better hope TMZ doesn't come up with a cool quarter of million dollars for the ball boy or equipment manager to blow the lid off of this.

I noticed in Belichick's press conference how he stammered when the reporter asked him why , when he did practicing with all kind of conditioned footballs, why he wouldn't be aware of the pressure of the ball on the real game ! Think about it, in practice he's using wet balls, scuffed balls, and under inflated and over inflated balls, but in a real game, he has no knowledge of it. It makes no sense. If you are practicing with different balls in practice to prepare for different ball conditions, how far of a stretch is it to use balls that favor your QB in a game. This is one of the most detailed oriented coaches in history, and he is not aware, or no knowledge of something he has had his team practicing on ?

I just kept thinking of Sargent Schultz from Hogan's Heroes.

He's quoting TV shows. This is getting laughable.

Are you joking?  Thats all people on here are doing is quoting TV shows lol!

ESPN is a TV show... which btw is legally not NEWS, they have to register as an "entertainment business" because what they report on is not news.

Same as Fox News with the OReily Factor and other shows.. they legally have to classify them as entertainment because its commentary that is purely based on opinions

By your own admission rules are made because you have to draw the line somewhere. You know the rest. The Patriots feel the line don't apply to them.

If they're found guilty of crossing any established lines, then they'll be punished accordingly based on the severity of the violation. 

We'll found out soon enough!

You are missing the point completely. If they win it means nothing. Absolutely nothing. EVERYBODY knows this.

Maybe in your mind, but the reality is if they win it means that they're world champions again for the 4th time and Brady joins 4 SB ring club with Montana and Bradshaw

lol, that entire cast are geniuses... they know their stuff and are very intelligent.. putting Homer Simpson on a wrecking ball is their way of having fun with it, because you know... they want to also entertain an audience and *gasp* make it fun..

The fact that I have to actually explain that to you is telling.

Ummm, if you take a whole show to test whether Wile E. Coyote falls off a cliff would his body leave a crater with the same outline is a myth. Well... I have news for you because that is not science. Nor does it make the hosts geniuses even if Mr. Moustache is a fellow Hoosier and Adam Savage a huge Tolkien fan. The show was good when it started, but went straight to hell when they started testing movie and cartoon related stuff for entire shows, or just blowing stuff up which might happen to the Patriots after all this.

wile-e-coyte.png

They immediately felt the difference because they WANTED to feel the difference. If they handed Jerome Bettis a ball that was 14 PSI and told him it was the one the Pats used, he'd have squeezed it and been like "oh yea, they be cheatin!"

The guy is a clown, and they have segments literally designed to rile people up and promote the trending topics on twitter to milk the viewers for money.. What ESPN, as with almost any network really, promote on the airways comes from the higher ups.. they have production meetings to discuss the angles that they'll be taking on certain topics and will literally tell person A to defend one position and person B to defend another

If Twitter didn't exist, this story wouldn't exist

Ya, cause nobody gets news from Facebook or tv.

Maybe in your mind, but the reality is if they win it means that they're world champions again for the 4th time and Brady joins 4 SB ring club with Montana and Bradshaw

Then it's up to the World Champ Seahawks to keep that from happening.   The integrity of the league is dependent on this.

So I wonder how many times the Pats cheated before twitter? What do you mean he wanted to feel the difference? They gave them three balls, one was under, one was over, and one was perfectly inflated. They said what all three were easily.

Did they say what the PSI was in each of them?

I could easily tell the difference between 14 PSI and 2 PSI... but unless you have some very strong hands, you probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 13 PSI and 11 PSI

Brady and BB are gonna retire in a few years. Who's your replacement?

Right now it looks like Garropalo, which isnt saying much.. I don't think we'll have the "luxury" of sitting at the #1 pick any time soon, so they're going to need to hit a home run on a player like Russel Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round

Watching these two press conferences reminded me of two politicians in the middle of a scandal. They know nothing , saw nothing, and we're aware of nothing, which we heard 172 times. The only thing they missed was what the meaning of "is" is . Then the rest of the Patriots had similar sound bites to Belichick and Brady. They had better hope TMZ doesn't come up with a cool quarter of million dollars for the ball boy or equipment manager to blow the lid off of this.

I noticed in Belichick's press conference how he stammered when the reporter asked him why , when he did practicing with all kind of conditioned footballs, why he wouldn't be aware of the pressure of the ball on the real game ! Think about it, in practice he's using wet balls, scuffed balls, and under inflated and over inflated balls, but in a real game, he has no knowledge of it. It makes no sense. If you are practicing with different balls in practice to prepare for different ball conditions, how far of a stretch is it to use balls that favor your QB in a game. This is one of the most detailed oriented coaches in history, and he is not aware, or no knowledge of something he has had his team practicing on ?

The one thing that dawned on me was his comment about not having any knowledge of this ball problem till Monday when he came to work. IMO how could he not have heard or seen this before Monday morning? It was out tweeting the President Sunday night. It makes no sense that even if he wasn't watching TV or listening to any broadcast that someone didn't call him at home or on his cell phone. I find that very hard to believe.

Then it's up to the World Champ Seahawks to keep that from happening.   The integrity of the league is dependent on this.

Yes, a team full of PED users who act like punks all the time when there is a camera infront of them are the beacon of hope for the league to save its integrity!

When I have some more time ill dig up some comments from people on the Seahawks from a few months ago.. I highly doubt integrity was a word being used to describe them

Right now it looks like Garropalo, which isnt saying much.. I don't think we'll have the "luxury" of sitting at the #1 pick any time soon, so they're going to need to hit a home run on a player like Russel Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round

Your hope is for Belichick to retire before Brady. Because Bill has shown he can go 11-5 with Matt Cassel. That's not going to put you in a draft position to get an Andrew Luck.

Yes, a team full of PED users who act like punks all the time when there is a camera infront of them are the beacon of hope for the league to save its integrity!

When I have some more time ill dig up some comments from people on the Seahawks from a few months ago.. I highly doubt integrity was a word being used to describe them

who in that team uses pecs?

Yes he will have 4 Rings but JM and TB do not answer repeated questions about the scandals like TB

Nobody does..  all the old timers laugh at all the cheating that was rampant back then... but back then, there wasn't a 24/7 media machine and social media on everyone's smart phones

People still laugh that Deacon Jones had metal plates in his hands and smacked people on the ear hole of their helmet..  Receivers used stickum on their hands, slick spray on their jersey, double sided tape on their jersey.. and many other things..

This isn't a league full of cub scouts and never has been

Nobody does..  all the old timers laugh at all the cheating that was rampant back then... but back then, there wasn't a 24/7 media machine and social media on everyone's smart phones

People still laugh that Deacon Jones had metal plates in his hands and smacked people on the ear hole of their helmet..  Receivers used stickum on their hands, slick spray on their jersey, double sided tape on their jersey.. and many other things..

This isn't a league full of cub scouts and never has been

Keep on trying, buddy.

Seeing all of the angry Patriots fans on my FB feed is becoming a little old at this point. I'd love to see Seattle smack them around just so they'll quiet down for another year.

This post caught my attention though:

If it was intentional, then oh no, they broke a rule. Is all rule breaking cheating now? Will people now be fined for cheating for like pass interference or unsportsmanlike conduct? It's just asinine and I wish everyone would (acronym for shut up with "the" and a four letter word in it) already.

If you commit PI or UC, yes, you broke a rule. You might not get fined for it (although with some unsportsmanlike conduct penalties there are fines involved), but it costs your team yards on the field.

"Oh no, they broke a rule." - so if I go murder someone I can just say "Oh no I murdered somebody."?

The one thing that dawned on me was his comment about not having any knowledge of this ball problem till Monday when he came to work. IMO how could he not have heard or seen this before Monday morning? It was out tweeting the President Sunday night. It makes no sense that even if he wasn't watching TV or listening to any broadcast that someone didn't call him at home or on his cell phone. I find that very hard to believe.

It's hard to fathom such a control freak, would be so unaware of all this going on around him.

You keep talking about lying? Why? There has been no lying. In fact Bill said he is in full cooperation with the league. The Pats were never asked about the balls during the game. What part of that do you not understand?

They're both liars. The head coach and quarterback with no explanation as to why the football were tampered with. Give me a break