Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

Not sure how anyone would not know a ball was under inflated

I was a C/LS from age 9 until 18 and coached OL and O for 5 more years and could tell a ball was going flat the second I picked it up

What does "flat" mean?  To me a ball would be flat when its basically squishy and folding in on itself..  a ball that is 12.5 PSI and a ball that is 11 PSI would look and feel identical

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in your wildest dream will that happen lol

Fortunately I think this team is disciplined and focused enough to rally around this and have the Us vs The World mindset... they just need to play 1 more good game of football and they'll be the world champs, and in the words of Steve Young "and Nobody can ever.. EVER!!! take it away from us!"

You are missing the point completely. If they win it means nothing. Absolutely nothing. EVERYBODY knows this.

Why is there a rule? Because you have to draw the lines somewhere. If they had no rule, then teams could bring a football with 0 psi in it... or put weights on it, or velcro, or that stickum stuff that was so popular in the 70's and 80s.. or cover a ball in glitter and sparkles... or a number of other things.. you have to have some sort of baseline set

Theres no proof that the Pats deflated the balls yet either, I'll wait until the NFL's investigation has concluded and they release the findings.

If you're talking about Jerome Bettis and Mark Brunnel playing with footballs on ESPN, then thats a joke.. thats not scientific, thats 2 blowhards on ESPN giving their opinions.. and Jerome Bettis hates the Pats, always has.. same exact situation as Marshal Faulk.. hes bitter from losing so much to them

So in order to prevent glitter and sparkles, the NFL had to set the psi to a tight tolerance of 1. Gotcha. *thumbs-up

Posted · Hidden by MTC, January 23, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by MTC, January 23, 2015 - No reason given

He said he hoped I didn't pursue a career in law. Just informing him I didn't.

Just to be clear, I didn't say I hoped you did or didn't do anything... I said I clearly don't see a career in law in your future, given how you run rampant with speculation and rumors, then project them as absolute fact.

Do we need to actually dictionary.com the word "Fact" for everyone?

Just to be clear, I didn't say I hoped you did or didn't do anything... I said I clearly don't see a career in law in your future, given how you run rampant with speculation and rumors, then project them as absolute fact.

Balls were under inflated at halftime. FACT

It does matter, because if they do discover that the Patriots intentionally tampered.. they then have to determine the severity of the violation.. and in this case, the severity is extremely low.. that would be used in determining a proper punishment, which nobody hear obviously wants to hear because some people are screaming for them having their entire draft stripped, BB suspended for a year, Brady suspended for a year, ban them from the playoffs and SB indefinitely, etc etc...

Just the craziest overreactions ever lol.. but whatever, I get it.. we're the evil villain.. and this is way easier to swallow than accepting the fact that your team got rocked in the AFCCG

You are like a parrot with the mouth of a child with a victim complex. Spew away. I'm more entertained then the Roman Colosseum audience.

how did jerome bettis and colin cowherd figure it out immediately after touching a ball of each pressure

They immediately felt the difference because they WANTED to feel the difference.  If they handed Jerome Bettis a ball that was 14 PSI and told him it was the one the Pats used, he'd have squeezed it and been like "oh yea, they be cheatin!"

The guy is a clown, and they have segments literally designed to rile people up and promote the trending topics on twitter to milk the viewers for money..  What ESPN, as with almost any network really, promote on the airways comes from the higher ups.. they have production meetings to discuss the angles that they'll be taking on certain topics and will literally tell person A to defend one position and person B to defend another

If Twitter didn't exist, this story wouldn't exist

While you are there look up "cheating", "integrity", "lie", "farce", "rules", "violation", "morality", "advantage", "unfair", "coward", and since you are hung up on the word "science."

They immediately felt the difference because they WANTED to feel the difference.  If they handed Jerome Bettis a ball that was 14 PSI and told him it was the one the Pats used, he'd have squeezed it and been like "oh yea, they be cheatin!"

The guy is a clown, and they have segments literally designed to rile people up and promote the trending topics on twitter to milk the viewers for money..  What ESPN, as with almost any network really, promote on the airways comes from the higher ups.. they have production meetings to discuss the angles that they'll be taking on certain topics and will literally tell person A to defend one position and person B to defend another

So I wonder how many times the Pats cheated before twitter? What do you mean he wanted to feel the difference? They gave them three balls, one was under, one was over, and one was perfectly inflated. They said what all three were easily.

They immediately felt the difference because they WANTED to feel the difference. If they handed Jerome Bettis a ball that was 14 PSI and told him it was the one the Pats used, he'd have squeezed it and been like "oh yea, they be cheatin!"

The guy is a clown, and they have segments literally designed to rile people up and promote the trending topics on twitter to milk the viewers for money.. What ESPN, as with almost any network really, promote on the airways comes from the higher ups.. they have production meetings to discuss the angles that they'll be taking on certain topics and will literally tell person A to defend one position and person B to defend another

no they handed then three balls. they picked the one that was under inflated immediately

How can a team be World Champions when the sport is predominantly only played in one country

Thats a good discussion for another thread.. the NFL has no rival league and they always refer to the SB champs as "World Champs" so that is pretty amusing...  but at the same time, the Super Bowl is also the most watched broadcast on earth, and it just goes up every single year.. The NFL is a very powerful organization that has the eyes and ears of an absurd amount of people all over the world.

They immediately felt the difference because they WANTED to feel the difference.

Or they felt the difference because there was a difference. No even if twitter didn't exist the printing press, and internet would still exist. The only way this doesn't exist is if you go back in time and prevent the Patriots from breaking the rules. It exists because it happened, it's not fantasy.

Thats a good discussion for another thread.. the NFL has no rival league and they always refer to the SB champs as "World Champs" so that is pretty amusing... but at the same time, the Super Bowl is also the most watched broadcast on earth, and it just goes up every single year.. The NFL is a very powerful organization that has the eyes and ears of an absurd amount of people all over the world.

The Super Bowl is not the most watched broadcast. The World Cup is. Only a 100+ million watched the superbowl every year.

Watching these two press conferences reminded me of two politicians in the middle of a scandal. They know nothing , saw nothing, and we're aware of nothing, which we heard 172 times. The only thing they missed was what the meaning of "is" is . Then the rest of the Patriots had similar sound bites to Belichick and Brady. They had better hope TMZ doesn't come up with a cool quarter of million dollars for the ball boy or equipment manager to blow the lid off of this.

I noticed in Belichick's press conference how he stammered when the reporter asked him why , when he did practicing with all kind of conditioned footballs, why he wouldn't be aware of the pressure of the ball on the real game ! Think about it, in practice he's using wet balls, scuffed balls, and under inflated and over inflated balls, but in a real game, he has no knowledge of it. It makes no sense. If you are practicing with different balls in practice to prepare for different ball conditions, how far of a stretch is it to use balls that favor your QB in a game. This is one of the most detailed oriented coaches in history, and he is not aware, or no knowledge of something he has had his team practicing on ?

Thats a good discussion for another thread.. the NFL has no rival league and they always refer to the SB champs as "World Champs" so that is pretty amusing... but at the same time, the Super Bowl is also the most watched broadcast on earth, and it just goes up every single year.. The NFL is a very powerful organization that has the eyes and ears of an absurd amount of people all over the world.

What is "La Copa Mundial"?

The Pats fumbled twice in that game, the Colts recovered 0 of them.  So this isn't a very strong argument.

Again, one game in 5 years is not going to make a dent. you can keep editing my posts while you quote them so you can spin it to look like you are correct but you just appear more foolish. I'm actually going to ignore you after this.

Colts lost 45-7. They won two playoff games this year. That's passing everyone's expectations.

They do have some holes they need to sure up.. They're a draft or 2 away from being a juggernaut I think.. They need to get some more beef on the Defensive Line and linebacker level..  but I see why they build the way they do, they play in a dome at least 9 times a year so they like to have slightly smaller LBs that have a lot of speed, but you still gotta stop the run and they've shown for awhile that they aren't capable of doing that, especially in big games.

There are some great free agents coming out next year, like Terrance Knighton who would be a beast on the colts interior line.. 

Colts just need a solid RB to pair with Bradshaw and Herron, some Oline help and then beef up that front 7 and they'll be a nightmare for opponents for years to come.. Luck is the real deal, hes the future of this league so I'll take my wins now while they're easier to get, because in a couple years they won't come so easy

Our team is on the up from 2-14 three years ago, everything your team has done in the last 15 years is tainted, tarnished, and asterisk'd. We will be laughing all the way from here on out when we have Luck as the top QB in the NFL and the patriots go back to sucking like they did before they started cheating.

Yea they are on the up..  Luck went to wild card round his 1st year.. divisional round his 2nd year.. AFCCG his 3rd year.. Thats impressive stuff, he continues to get better and better each year and is a likeable guy.. ive said it before and ill say it again, I like Andrew Luck a lot.. not in a gay way or anything, but hes an awesome QB... but then again, everyone knew he was going to be a great... I dont even follow college football and I knew Andrew Luck's name his freshman year because of all the talk about him..

The Colts were very, very fortunate to be sitting at pick #1 the year that Luck declared.  Very lucky..

They do have some holes they need to sure up.. They're a draft or 2 away from being a juggernaut I think.. They need to get some more beef on the Defensive Line and linebacker level.. but I see why they build the way they do, they play in a dome at least 9 times a year so they like to have slightly smaller LBs that have a lot of speed, but you still gotta stop the run and they've shown for awhile that they aren't capable of doing that, especially in big games.

There are some great free agents coming out next year, like Terrance Knighton who would be a beast on the colts interior line..

Colts just need a solid RB to pair with Bradshaw and Herron, some Oline help and then beef up that front 7 and they'll be a nightmare for opponents for years to come.. Luck is the real deal, hes the future of this league so I'll take my wins now while they're easier to get, because in a couple years they won't come so easy

Brady and BB are gonna retire in a few years. Who's your replacement?