Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, this just supports how Belichick constantly has an emphasis on protecting the ball.  Look at the Colts in that list 3 times... very suspicious!

Not to mention that the Pats fumbled the ball twice in the AFCCG but the Colts couldn't recover it.  Enjoy your witch hunt

Could the Patriots be so good that they just defy the numbers? Perhaps they’ve invented a revolutionary in-house way to protect the ball, or perhaps they’ve intentionally stocked their skill positions with players who don’t have a propensity to fumble.  Or perhaps still, they call plays which intentionally result in a lower percentage of fumbles.  Or maybe its just that they play with deflated footballs on offense.  It could be any combination of the above.

But regardless of what, specifically, is causing these numbers, the fact remains:  this is an extremely abnormal occurrence and is NOT simply random fluctuation.

Yup, hes been prepping his game balls for 15 years.. He likes them at 12.5 psi, thats the way they provide them to the refs for inspection and he doesn't want anyone touching them after hes picked his 12-24 balls

Exactly...he prefers 12.5 over 13.5 but didn't notice the balls were 2psi under what he has been using for 15 yrs. OK...I have some swamp land in Florida for sale...

Man, in one thread you're a physicist.. another thread a lawyer & judge... and now in this thread you're an FBI level interrogator..

Impressive resume!

Dustin is also available to act as a spokesperson for any future Brady press conferences on the matter, it's not like he could do a worse job than the man himself.

There's nothing to go after Rodgers about. The Packers' balls haven't been found to be over-inflated. 

That is what's called a red herring.

I simply meant treat additional people who do similar in the same way - watch more closely for ball specs and be consistent.  It's not a reason not to deal with the Patriots who were caught.

Yea, they have a range of 12.5 to 13.5 psi, he prefers his at 12.5 and always has.. Aaron Rodgers prefers his at 14 PSI and will often try to slip them past the refs (he admitted this, yet miraculously there is ZERO push back from the public about it).

The physics of it from Sports Science and MythBusters proved that the difference is so minimal, it would only make a physcological difference to the player, like a placebo effect

watch the video yourself:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12207314

I knew the NFL would have this created ASAP to try and convince the public that it didn't really matter.... knowing how the NFL handles things like this I wouldn't doubt that they paid to have it produced!

IF it makes no difference WHY is there a rule? Ohhhhh FAIR competition - THATS WHY!

IF it makes no difference WHY did they deflate the balls? Ohhhhh to gain an unfair advantage - THATS WHY!

IF it is not advantageous why do it? Ohhhhh they wouldn't waste their time!

Seen another sports show take the balls one at specified PSI and another 2# less ... it was clearly easier to grip, easier to catch, easier to throw etc...

There's nothing to go after Rodgers about. The Packers' balls haven't been found to be over-inflated. 

That is what's called a red herring.

exactly it's pats fans going see everyone else does it like they tried to do with spy gate even though they are the ones the league caught doing it.

It's what little kids do when they get in trouble before they learn to take responsibility for their actions.

I simply meant treat additional people who do similar in the same way - watch more closely for ball specs and be consistent.  It's not a reason not to deal with the Patriots who were caught.

You're right about that. I'm just saying, the Packers aren't the ones with the noncompliant balls here. Pats fans hanging on to Aaron Rodgers saying he likes the balls over-inflated are trying to deflect attention away from the fact -- the FACT -- that their team got caught cheating. 

Rodgers said the refs always have to take some air out of the Packers footballs. Based on that alone, this Aaron Rodgers argument should never come up again. Of course, we all know that it will, because it's easier to point the finger at someone else than to accept the truth.

I heard on PTI  the league will defer results of its investigation and resulting punishment until after the Super Bowl.  Much reporter and fan speculation to take place in the interim.  This isn't going away...  just postponed.

I can understand that.  The Super Bowl is an all hands on deck kind of a thing.  Massive event.  Good luck to Arizona.  I hope the event goes well for them.  

Posted · Hidden by MTC, January 23, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by MTC, January 23, 2015 - No reason given

Man, in one thread you're a physicist.. another thread a lawyer & judge... and now in this thread you're an FBI level interrogator..

Impressive resume!

Can you get me tickets to the circus? You are a clown in every thread. Do the Bears have to get their license to drive the little motorcycle?

Perhaps the Colts balls didn't deflate because they were all clunking around on the ground the whole game?Sorry, didn't mean to distract you, please continue with the Cheats bashing......it's rather fun watch them make up stuff and deflect....

Hey don't knock it, we might have an excuse now for having the worst case of dropsies in the league.

The Patriots have forced the NFL's hand, by doing this in the AFC TITLE GAME. Goodell has to do the right thing, and suspend BB and Brady from the Superbowl. Sometimes the right thing isn't always the most popular thing. Anything postponed until next year is sending the wrong message both that cheating prospers and that the NFL is not doing enough to protect the integrity of the game.

It's unfortunate that it would sacrifice what would have been a great matchup, but the Pats are going to force Goodell's hand. Even if they lose Patriots deflectors would just say how it wasn't fair, or better yet if it was a closer game than last year they would say they did better without Brady than the Broncos did with Manning.

As a fan of football just know that the New England Patriots ruined the game for all of us.

You're right about that. I'm just saying, the Packers aren't the ones with the noncompliant balls here. Pats fans hanging on to Aaron Rodgers saying he likes the balls over-inflated are trying to deflect attention away from the fact -- the FACT -- that their team got caught cheating. 

Rodgers said the refs always have to take some air out of the Packers footballs. Based on that alone, this Aaron Rodgers argument should never come up again. Of course, we all know that it will, because it's easier to point the finger at someone else than to accept the truth.

And the fact that Rodgers is FORTH coming and admitting it, also a difficult thing for the *'s to comprehend...

I don't see a future in law for you, thats for sure.

I don't know any Felicia, you must be confused.. probably all of that anger you have stored up inside.

We'll find out soon enough when the NFL releases their reports on the investigation, but until then all fans of both the Pats and other teams have is speculation and rumor.

I didn't pursue a career in law, so darn non-dream shattered. There's definitive proof. Not speculation and denial. Stop kidding yourself. Edited by SteelCityColt

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 22, 2015 - Under review
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 22, 2015 - Under review

lol.. they were the #1 seed in the AFC.. they obliterated every single division leader throughout the year except for Green Bay.. they beat the Ravens, they absolutely annihilated the Colts (again) and have absolutely earned everything they've gotten thus far this year...  You can have whatever feelings you want about it, but the Pats are playing in the Super Bowl.. they proved they were the best team all year and they backed it up in 2 playoff games, now they just need to do it 1 more time and they'll be the World Champs... again.

They hate us cause they ain't us!

They hate you because you open your mouth. They've not earned a single world championships. The Patriots world championships are about as legitimate as the WWE's. No  one gives two  farts about the Patriots or their clueless fans. Their win against Baltimore isn't without the taint of cheating. They are scum, they cheated, you are clueless.

Yeah... "speculating" . Listen to ESPN , there's not one player or commentator that's buying what Brady said. They are all pretty disgusted..

ESPN? Disgusted with the Pats?  Thats been their standard operating procedure for years, ever since Kraft gave CBS the CBS Scene at Foxboro Stadium ESPN has been on a hate campaign against them ever since..

Jerome Bettis has been a notorious Pats hater because of all the games hes lost to them, hes in the same boat as Marshall Faulk..  They're also paid to get a reaction out of people and increase VIEWERS... People love controversy, and this story has been driven 100% by social media and knee jerk reactions.. All of that equates to MONEY.

Its the same reason that on any Network, they tell 1 person to defend position X and another person to defend position Y..  ESPN already had a segment with Sports Science that disproved the "Unfair Advantage" angle, yet nobody acknowledges that and are just covering their ears and closing their eyes, pretending it doesnt exist.

The day I care about what ESPN has to say about the Patriots is the day that trees rain money when you shake them and Giselle Bunschen leaves Tom Brady to be my sugar mamma

But he couldn't tell the difference between a 10.5 psi ball and a 12.5 psi ball. His words

Where are you getting these numbers?  I don't think there has been anything official that was released on what the actual PSI was in the balls, and secondly..

Per THIS:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12207314

The difference is so minimal that its not noticeable by the feel of the ball, it would all be purely physcological.

ESPN? Disgusted with the Pats?  Thats been their standard operating procedure for years, ever since Kraft gave CBS the CBS Scene at Foxboro Stadium ESPN has been on a hate campaign against them ever since..

What.....?

So Mark Brunell cares about a sponsorship deal between the Patriots and ESPN? Come on...

Tom Brady lied. You're defending his lie. It's not a good look.

ESPN? Disgusted with the Pats? Thats been their standard operating procedure for years, ever since Kraft gave CBS the CBS Scene at Foxboro Stadium ESPN has been on a hate campaign against them ever since..

Jerome Bettis has been a notorious Pats hater because of all the games hes lost to them, hes in the same boat as Marshall Faulk.. They're also paid to get a reaction out of people and increase VIEWERS... People love controversy, and this story has been driven 100% by social media and knee jerk reactions.. All of that equates to MONEY.

Its the same reason that on any Network, they tell 1 person to defend position X and another person to defend position Y.. ESPN already had a segment with Sports Science that disproved the "Unfair Advantage" angle, yet nobody acknowledges that and are just covering their ears and closing their eyes, pretending it doesnt exist.

The day I care about what ESPN has to say about the Patriots is the day that trees rain money when you shake them and Giselle Bunschen leaves Tom Brady to be my sugar mamma

So ESPN hates the Pats, so why did they use sports science to defend them?

Check this stat out Colts fans:

actually went back and researched 5 year periods for the entire NFL over the last 25 years. The Patriots ratio of 187 plays to 1 fumble is the BEST of ANY team in the NFL for ANY 5 year span of time over the last 25 years. Not was it just the best, it wasn’t close:

2010-2014 Patriots: 187 plays/fumble
2009-2013 Patriots: 156 plays/fumble
2006-2010 Colts: 156 plays/fumble
2005-2009 Colts: 153 plays/fumble
2007-2011 Patriots: 149 plays/fumble
2008-2012 Patriots: 148 plays/fumble
2010-2014 Texans: 140 plays/fumble
2004-2008 Colts: 139 plays/fumble
2006-2010 Jets: 135 plays/fumble
1999-2003 Chiefs: 134 plays/fumble
There are a few key takeaways. First and foremost, the 187 plays/fumble dwarfs even the rest of the best seasons the last 25 years. Second, the Patriots have been at the top of the NFL since 2007.

ESPN? Disgusted with the Pats? Thats been their standard operating procedure for years, ever since Kraft gave CBS the CBS Scene at Foxboro Stadium ESPN has been on a hate campaign against them ever since..

Let's be fair it's not just ESPN saying it. Besides ESPN is providing one of your biggest supporters..the one..the only.. Mr Skip Bayless.

All you need now is Mike Carey in your corner and you're all set.

Edit - even Skip is back pedalling after the pressers.