Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - quoting removed post

I'm confused about something.

Why are you HERE?  Surely it must be because you enjoy fighting, bickering and simply getting a rise out of Colts fans.  Don't you have a Patriots board to go visit?  Maybe Colts fans go over and troll on the Patriots board, but I would never do such a thing.

And you're racking up record posts at all hours of the day on this thread.  Don't you have a job?  If so, are you hiring?  Because I want your job or at least to work with you where I can hang out on a forum all day long and do nothing.  Seriously.  My resume is just waiting and ready.

Don't....just don't. He's been here WAAAAAY longer than you, and most of us like him. I appreciate his inside view of a Pats fan, and he's never been a problem. 

This is the NFL General forum, where discussion of all teams is only fostered and furthered by having other teams fans give input. If we didn't have interest in his opinion, we wouldn't be having a conversation with him. 

Take your 32 posts and sit back while the adults have a talk. 

Don't....just don't. He's been here WAAAAAY longer than you, and most of us like him. I appreciate his inside view of a Pats fan, and he's never been a problem.

This is the NFL General forum, where discussion of all teams is only fostered and furthered by having other teams fans give input. If we didn't have interest in his opinion, we wouldn't be having a conversation with him.

he is a she

Thanks man. You have always been one of my favorite posters here. And I don't blame your outrage over this even if I think it is over the top. IF this investigation reveals what we are thinking then I will be very disappointed in my team. Very. And I will apologize again to Colts fans.

What? I think you are getting carried away. The Pats did not lie. They were never asked about the balls. They were removed. Standard NFL procedure. It is also important to note that the issue with the balls came form the Colts not the refs so no way they stop the game or ask the Pats anything. They do an investigation like they are doing. Now, that being said, IF they find out that the balls were inspected for psi before the game and were properly aired and then deflated then I agree, big problem here for Pats and I am all for a huge fine and a loss of a top draft pick.

Brady instructed the balls to be under inflated after they were checked by the refs. Your hero is a lie. I imagine this is how Gotham felt when finding out Harvey dent was a murderer

IF true, heavy fine and top pick. I agree anything lower would not be right.

And on the Ray Rice deal, I'm on record as calling for more punishment given to him, and criticizing the Ravens organization for foul ups handling it. The guy did get his punishment, and right now his career looks to be over, for his one mistake.

The Ravens organizations main fault is being too loyal to rogue players that embarrass the organization. Loyalty is normally a good thing, but some of these guys do things so horrible , you have to cut ties with them immediately. They took a brutal public relations slap in the face, and I hope they learn from it.

That's what kills me about the Pattiots. They are a successful, we'll run organization that doesn't need to be video taping defensive signals or deflating footballs. They can win without this, but why are they jeopardizing the credibility of their organization , when they could win clean ? I don't get it.

Thanks man. You have always been one of my favorite posters here. And I don't blame your outrage over this even if I think it is over the top. IF this investigation reveals what we are thinking then I will be very disappointed in my team. Very. And I will apologize again to Colts fans.

You don't have to apologize for jack nothing. This is your team, and you're having to talk about this instead of playing in the SB. It's natural to defend your team, damn near everyone here would do the exact same thing if our team was under the same scrutiny. 

Brady instructed the balls to be under inflated after they were checked by the refs. Your hero is a lie. I imagine this is how Gotham felt when finding out Harvey dent was a murderer

source?  or just more pathetic hyperbole.

go pump some more crowd noise in, maybe you'll beat the Pats at home

And on the Ray Rice deal, I'm on record as calling for more punishment given to him, and criticizing the Ravens organization for foul ups handling it. The guy did get his punishment, and right now his career looks to be over, for his one mistake.

The Ravens organizations main fault is being too loyal to rogue players that embarrass the organization. Loyalty is normally a good thing, but some of these guys do things so horrible , you have to cut ties with them immediately. They took a brutal public relations slap in the face, and I hope they learn from it.

That's what kills me about the Pattiots. They are a successful, we'll run organization that doesn't need to be video taping defensive signals or deflating footballs. They can win without this, but why are they jeopardizing the credibility of their organization , when they could win clean ? I don't get it.

I have NO faith the commish will get this right. He will either go over the top with punishment or not enough. And his investigation will leave more questions than answers ... this has been case ALL season with everything.

Pats fans were all apologetic a couple days ago.

Now they are back to defending their sleezebag coach & QB.

Yawn.

I don't get it. It's not like they aren't going to let them play in the Superb Owl.

They probably cheated and the team needs to be punished.

Moral to the story?

Don't cheat.

I will also let you all know what Bill says. Which I am guessing will be "that is a league matter, ask the league" over and over ...

Absolutely not. You don't think everyone is going to crush him at media day every day? You can sit in your home and say on to cincinnati on to seattle all you want when it's funny there. Not this time. There won't be reporters here that are afraid of him similar to tmz showing up at the goodell presser. He's not going to stand there for an hour a day and say no comment on to seattle

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - another shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - another shot

Admittedly, I'm new here.  No doubt about it.  And my post was sincere, with no ill will.  And I sincerely what to know if his employer is hiring, because I only wish I could spend significant time reading and posting.  

I'm just confused why a Patriots fan would go visit another team's board, that's it.  I don't know of any Colts fans that spend hours upon hours on a Patriots board, or Ravens board, or Bengals board, etc...

Thanks for the "take your 32 posts and sit back while the adults have a talk" line though.  Now that's fairly childish, but you know that already.  And it wasn't necessary.    And even you, with your 9,000 posts or whatever, were new once.  We all are new at one time to a board.   

In a previous post, I inquired about the fascination of Pats posters over here but it went unanswered, so I asked again.  

source? or just more pathetic hyperbole.

go pump some more crowd noise in, maybe you'll beat the Pats at home

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/john-madden-blame-tom-brady-for-deflated-footballs/

If you think a random kid did it because he knows the advantage you're out of your mind. No kid would do something that stupid on his own. What If they would have lost? You blame a kid for deflating the balls? Bettis and Brunell are on sportscenter right now picking under inflated balls from a group and saying the clear advantage. This is it, Brady's legacy (what's left of it) is done

Absolutely not. You don't think everyone is going to crush him at media day every day? You can sit in your home and say on to cincinnati on to seattle all you want when it's funny there. Not this time. There won't be reporters here that are afraid of him similar to tmz showing up at the goodell presser. He's not going to stand there for an hour a day and say no comment on to seattle

He can today but once the investigation comes out, then no. He will have to talk about it which he will. He did about spygate as well.

Most of us think media day will be great as he will be peppered by the national media on this. He won't be able to hide at all from this not on the brink of the SB and the biggest media event of the year ...

To be honest though, I want to hear from Brady more. He has more explaining to do on this than Bill.

I have NO faith the commish will get this right. He will either go over the top with punishment or not enough. And his investigation will leave more questions than answers ... this has been case ALL season with everything.

Also , don't take all this stuff personally. This is why it's good to have spokesmen and woman from other teams on this forum to get all views. Trust me, it wasn't fun answering all the Ray Rice posts , but I knew people wanted the Baltimore perspective. It stinks when you're team is on the hot seat , but it does make for interesting forum threads.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - reference to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - reference to removed post

Admittedly, I'm new here.  No doubt about it.  And my post was sincere, with no ill will.  And I sincerely what to know if his employer is hiring, because I only wish I could spend significant time reading and posting.  

I'm just confused why a Patriots fan would go visit another team's board, that's it.  I don't know of any Colts fans that spend hours upon hours on a Patriots board, or Ravens board, or Bengals board, etc...

Thanks for the "take your 32 posts and sit back while the adults have a talk" line though.  Now that's fairly childish, but you know that already.  And it wasn't necessary.  

In a previous post, I inquired about the fascination of Pats posters over here but it went unanswered, so I asked again.  

I don't mean this to be harsh, but mind your own business and don't judge. I wouldn't even explain if I were her. 

Stay at home mom? Retired? On vacation? Disability? 

Who cares? Don't judge. Myself, I live in a cardboard box and I huff paint all day. I stole a cellphone from a guy at the soup kitchen and I steal my WIFI from the Wendy's I live behind. 

I don't mean this to be harsh, but mind your own business and don't judge. I wouldn't even explain if I were her. 

Who cares? Don't judge. Myself, I live in a cardboard box and I huff paint all day. I stole a cellphone from a guy at the soup kitchen and I steal my WIFI from the Wendy's I live behind. 

See, now you're just being rude.  

Against the rules? Yes.

Cheating? Absolutely not. By very definition of the word.

cheat

verb \ˈchēt\

: to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something

There was no advantage. Therefore it is not cheating.

there was an obvious advantage so by definition it is cheating...

Maybe I missed it, but is there a link to a rep from the NFL rules committee that stated this?

It is my understanding that Dean B. stated that it was a no no.

Regarding prohibition on alteration after the balls leaves the locker room, the NFL game manual is pretty clear on this matter as the balls can not be alter in any way. And the word any clearly includes counteracting the effects of ambient conditions. if you have time to read tonight I have a long post at 1909 that goes into more detail.

He did. But the wording says alter and what they did is not alter. As far as I've seen the rule worded, it doesn't talk about ambient conditions explicitly.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_spot/2015/01/19/nfl_investigates_patriots_for_deflated_game_balls_versus_colts.html

wait, are you telling me you're posing here from a stolen soup kitchen cell phone? Where is that ignore button?

Thanks for the "take your 32 posts and sit back while the adults have a talk" line though.  Now that's fairly childish, but you know that already.  And it wasn't necessary.    And even you, with your 9,000 posts or whatever, were new once.  We all are new at one time to a board.   

I don't work. I take care of my kids at home.

I am here because I love this forum and its posters even during a ridiculous time like this when my team has egg on its face ... again.

My post 1947 continues to ask you to cite your sources.  I can point to you where in the rule book it says that the ball has certain weight measurements.  I'm still waiting for you to cite where it says all the crap you just said is considered an "alteration."

I said it was in the game manual, which has already been referenced by amfootball in post 162.

I will repost it to save you thumbing back through the thread

The NFL's game operations manual states: "Once the balls have left the locker room, no one, including players, equipment managers, ball boys, and coaches, is allowed to alter the footballs in any way. If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12193345/nfl-investigating-whether-new-england-patriots-deflated-footballs-indianapolis-colts

Well Ruk I haven't posted much on this thread but I have been reading all the thread this morning and with regards to am's post you have certainly flipped flop on your opinion.  I don't care how long someone has been here everyone has their right to voice their opinion and you or anyone else has the right to tell them differently. And for the record most agree with Maestro's opinion.

you think..??? I think he'll not say anything. He'll make an appearance, and deflect, like always.

He never says anything in these press conferences or situations.

he is going to look like an even bigger bozo than usual. This won't be on just espn and NFL network. CNN, fox news and the rest will be there asking the exact same question a hundred times in a row

Well Ruk I haven't posted much on this thread but I have been reading all the thread this morning and with regards to am's post you have certainly flipped flop on your opinion.  I don't care how long someone has been here everyone has their right to voice their opinion and you or anyone else has the right to tell them differently. And for the record most agree with Maestro's opinion.

:gloomy: 

I'm not sure where I flip flopped? I argue/discuss with AMF, but I don't have a problem with her. It ain't nothing personal. 

I do have a problem with a new poster blasting a stay at home mom for posting here. 

just curious....if Goodell comes down lightly on this and gives the Pats a slap on the wrist (if there's a conviction). Given the rumored anger and resentment from the other owners coming from the Senior Bowl towards the Pats and the perceived double standard.

Could Goodell lose his job?

I mean he's beholden to all 32 owners, not just a couple.

I'm not sure where I flip flopped? I argue/discuss with AMF, but I don't have a problem with her. It ain't nothing personal. 

I do have a problem with a new poster blasting a stay at home mom for posting here. 

Well when you blasted Maestro you didn't know that am was a stay at home mom you thought she was a HE. So that excuse doesn't work try again.

He did. But the wording says alter and what they did is not alter. As far as I've seen the rule worded, it doesn't talk about ambient conditions explicitly.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_spot/2015/01/19/nfl_investigates_patriots_for_deflated_game_balls_versus_colts.html

For me the word "any" is all inclusive.  Where do you think Dean B. got his authority to say it was wrong?  It did not come from thin air.

The reason why the word any was used was to prevent the teams from touching, fixing or anything else to the ball.

Sit back and think logically for a moment what is the intent of the rule and the game manual, it is to set a ball leaving the locker room for each team and thereafter have each team to be on an equal playing field throughout the entire game.   Which by the way is the very premise of this whole firestorm. ;)

If you allow someone to alter the ball by changing the pressure, dry it with a hair dryer, leave in a humidified/dehumidified heated/cooling box one team can maintain the ball at say 70 degrees and dry while the other has to deal with a ball as it deteriorates in given bad conditions.

If one wants to keep an even playing field the only way to do this is the prevent any altering by the teams.  And to achieve this is the prohibit any form of altering (i.e do not touch it).    Otherwise you have teams with several devices on the sidelines.

The only exception you will see is a towel to remove excess water.  Which is done mostly my the refs but on occasion by the ball boys.  But this is done for both sides and also by the refs.  And both teams are afforded the same treatment so it maintains needed equality between the teams with respect to the ball.  The refs do not however torch the ball to heat it up.