Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, as the NFL support 'heads up football', the program to teach youth football programs proper tackling, we'll see what the precedence is here, as to what message the NFL sends to today's youth in regards to "bending the rules" to win...

Does anyone remember what episode of South Park it was when Cartman taught about Bill Belichick. "Say it with me now....I mis-interpreted the roools"

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, as the NFL support 'heads up football', the program to teach youth football programs proper tackling, we'll see what the precedence is here, as to what message the NFL sends to today's youth in regards to "bending the rules" to win...

actually flat out breaking the rules

At least you didn't get " read the rule book " from Brady directed at the Ravens, and their fans. Maybe both he and his coach should read the rule book about not videotaping defenses, and using under inflated footballs. Brady is very talented, but that is the part of him a lot of NFL fans don't like.

:agree:    I agree, Crow.   In fact I mentioned that early on in this thread, about him laughing and telling the Ravens to read the rule book.   His arrogant, condescending attitude, all the while KNOWING his team has been doing wrong, is off-putting, pathetic, and down right disgusting.    

:agree: I agree, Crow. In fact I mentioned that early on in this thread, about him laughing and telling the Ravens to read the rule book. His arrogant, condescending attitude, all the while KNOWING his team has been doing wrong, is off-putting, pathetic, and down right disgusting.

This is why you see someone like Terrell Suggs react to Andrew Luck one way , and Tom Brady the other.

I'd not like the Colts to be auto-promoted to the Super Bowl. Personally IMO I think if for any CRAZY reason the Patriots were revoked (which again is unlikely) then it would be nice to see Baltimore and Indy battle the AFCCG for the rights to go. That'd be the way I prefer it....again should it happen (which it wont).

I agree. And that's actually the most fair way for the league to fix this at the same time while punishing the Patriots.

I'd not like the Colts to be auto-promoted to the Super Bowl. Personally IMO I think if for any CRAZY reason the Patriots were revoked (which again is unlikely) then it would be nice to see Baltimore and Indy battle the AFCCG for the rights to go. That'd be the way I prefer it....again should it happen (which it wont).

but, because it's the right thing to do...

I didn't read any of this. But I must say for a Chargers fan you sure seem more upset than most Colts fans here who actually have a reason to feel cheated as they actually made the post-season ...

So why don't ya wanna read her response? Don't like the truth...?

Yup...total typo!!!! No wonder, I guess that explains some of the responses ;)

I meant to write that I don't believe it gave the team a huge advantage...sorry for the confusion.

so then i guess, as long as you can reconcile in you own mind there was no advantage, breaking the rules is okay...sweet moral compass you got there... wish I could step on anyone I wanted so I could get what I want in life

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/21/new-england-patriots-deflategate-investigation-bill-belichick-tom-brady

Potential punishment for the Patriots

Article 8.13(A) of the constitution details how Goodell could punish the Patriots if he finds fault. In cases involving a violation "affecting the competitive aspects of the game," an appropriate penalty for an offending team can be forfeiture of draft choices and a fine up to $500,000. If Goodell concludes the Patriots willfully broke a rule that is designed to guarantee fair play, he would almost certainly fine the Patriots and probably require the team to forfeit draft picks. There is precedent for this type of penalty. The Patriots were fined $250,000 in 2007 and required to forfeit their 2008 first-round pick due to Spygate, and the New Orleans Saints were fined $500,000 in 2012 and required to forfeit their 2012 and 2013 second-round picks due to Bountygate.

just a snippet

Just read on rotoworld that John Madden thinks that Brady could be part of it if whats coming out is true.

On my phone so I cant link it

I got you

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/john-madden-blame-tom-brady-for-deflated-footballs/

John Madden: Blame Tom Brady for deflated footballs

Makes sense, why would you screw something up in the ball without Brady knowing? That doesn't help you one bit. The comments are hilarious btw. If you haven't seen #patsfanexcusebingo on twitter today you are missing out.

I got you

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/john-madden-blame-tom-brady-for-deflated-footballs/

John Madden: Blame Tom Brady for deflated footballs

Makes sense, why would you screw something up in the ball without Brady knowing? That doesn't help you one bit. The comments are hilarious btw. If you haven't seen #patsfanexcusebingo on twitter today you are missing out.

I just read the article, and have to say, John Madden makes a lot of sense.

Just read on rotoworld that John Madden thinks that Brady could be part of it if whats coming out is true.

On my phone so I cant link it

I heard Trey Wingo from ESPN say that they talked to multiple QBs that said they would be able to tell the difference throwing a football that is 2psi under-inflated.  The implication being that there is no way that Brady did not know that the footballs were deflated.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - cheating bitch hands
Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - cheating bitch hands

Hi Colts fans,

I am a visitor from the real FANS of the Baltimore Ravens 

Anyway, you guys got our guy Pags and have a great QB in Luck and we were pulling for you against the Patriots, I mean the Cheaters...  Anyway, you guys got jobbed like we got jobbed and I wanted to share a little humor with you guys.

superbowl.jpg

Edited by Superman

so then i guess, as long as you can reconcile in you own mind there was no advantage, breaking the rules is okay...sweet moral compass you got there... wish I could step on anyone I wanted so I could get what I want in life

Um...not at all what I said. So before you start judging my moral compass there...why don't you pay attention.

In a thread where everyone is questioning everything to do with the team I grew up rooting for, And when people say 'I couldn't imagine rooting for a team that does that', I'm trying to explain why I still do. Nothing will take away the way I felt watching my team win those championships, and because I don't believe any of what they did truly gave them some grand advantage, I don't sit there and say 'oh boy that sure was fun watching them win but a piece of me is dead inside knowing they didn't earn them.'

That seems to be what all of you want to hear us Patriots fans say...but you can't figure out why we won't.

Um...not at all what I said. So before you start judging my moral compass there...why don't you pay attention.

In a thread where everyone is questioning everything to do with the team I grew up rooting for, And when people say 'I couldn't imagine rooting for a team that does that', I'm trying to explain why I still do. Nothing will take away the way I felt watching my team win those championships, and because I don't believe any of what they did truly gave them some grand advantage, I don't sit there and say 'oh boy that sure was fun watching them win but a piece of me is dead inside knowing they didn't earn them.'

That seems to be what all of you want to hear us Patriots fans say...but you can't figure out why we won't.

Wait what, did you say the word "moral", i mean "moral"?,, you kidding me "Pats" and "moral" in the same sentence ???

The thing I've asked several times today with no response from any *'s fan is, if it doesn't give the team an advantage, why not follow protocol???

• Quote by Madden:

“That would have to be driven by the quarterback,” Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday.  “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy.  Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing.  It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

“He is the effected,” Madden said.  “He is the only guy.  I heard some of the pundits saying the ball is easier to catch, but that would never, ever, ever be done for that unless the quarterback wanted it.  You wouldn’t do something for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback couldn’t throw it.  So it’s going to be done for the quarterback.”

Madden’s compelling, commonsensical take will make the potential conclusion that a ball boy went rogue ring hollow.  The ball boy would be going rogue not only against the rules but also against the wishes of the quarterback.  So if anyone connected to the Patriots was taking air out of the footballs, Madden’s explanation makes it clear that the quarterback either knew about it and did nothing to stop it — or deliberately requested it.