Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

Maybe we should enact the "Scarlett Letter" on the players jerseys instead of a "C" for captain we'd have to do something like "CH" for Cheaters. Make the coaches wear that also :)

Dang...we'd have to apply this to all Patriots and the "likes of others" team related fan gear also. Whew...that'd be an undertaking to trash all the stuff and start over

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be suspended as follows:

Once the league is able to confirm this "deflate-gate" BB and Kraft will both be suspended from the league for the exact number of weeks that correlate to the number of pages on this post. Once the ruling is confirmed the day and time of the ruling whatever page # we are on in this thread will equal the number of weeks suspended from the league. Come on we are at 42 let's keep going here :P

So then you would be fine then that after all of its investigation, the NFL indicates that we found out that the balls were altered after the game started and that we have issued a warning to the pats and want to emphasize that teams should not manipulate the air pressure in the balls up or down.

My impression from your first post was that you were one of the ones that wanted something more than just a warning.

Clearly you're not grasping the difference between what the Pats did and what happened in the Min. vs. Car. game.

This is what's frustrating as a Patriots fan: WE DIDN'T NEED TO.

In 2007, after Spygate broke, all the Patriots did was go on and win their next 17 games and come within a miracle helmet catch of finishing 19-0.

On Sunday, after the officials re-inflated the balls at halftime to the weight they should have been at, all the Patriots did was come out and shut the Colts out 28-0.

That's what drives us crazy. We don't need to do any of these things to have the success we have, and all it does is give ammo to haters.

This particular scandal is NOT...definitely NOT on the same level as Bountygate...and I think for obvious reasons. Thus I understand why the penalty was so harsh on the Saints...it was a complete player safety issue and blatant disregard for the safety of another human's livelihood.

However, that being said I think the punishment should rank up there awful close to Bountygate because of the given history of the team's illicit practices over the many years. You've got to send a message and make a case to other teams that it's just not tolerated big or small period. Again, assuming the burden of proof in this case can be successfully met which I am sure it will be.

But again what do I know...I'm just a dumb fan!

In 2007, after Spygate broke, all the Patriots did was go on and win their next 17 games and come within a miracle helmet catch of finishing 19-0.

On Sunday, after the officials re-inflated the balls at halftime to the weight they should have been at, all the Patriots did was come out and shut the Colts out 28-0.

That's what drives us crazy. We don't need to do any of these things to have the success we have, and all it does is give ammo to haters.

Sorry but where did it say or has been made public that the balls were in fact reflated at halftime ? Furthermore...do we know for sure that if this IS the case they were just re-deflated right shortly after that ?

I've still not read a report which verifies the balls were inflated appropriately at half.  There's been conjecture that the balls were tested at halftime and brought up to the right specs, but I've not verified that anywhere - have you?

I agree with you though.  The Patriots have talent, and even when that talent goes away, BB is a genius at getting the best out of his players.  He really is a great coach.  

I still go back to why do this?  Why do Spygate?  And then I think about, what the hell else are they doing which they aren't telling anyone about?  

Even if you are going to lose you don't need to cheat. There is no justifiable reason to cheat. The point is the organization is stupid, and slimy and did this to themselves. They deserve no sympathy or respect from anyone.

makes one question things huh???

That's not "all" it does. Are we really haters? I like to think of us as "rule abiders".

It also confirms Peyton is the greatest of all time. He can only be faulted for playoff performance but Brady is often thought as better because of his playoff successes, which now are (in addition to his entire career) under a black cement cloud due to their multiple cheating offenses that were confirmed, others that were technically legal like the ravens eligible/ineligible nonsense, and others that were never caught.

Harbaugh confirmed that Some Ravens players are being interviewed by the NFL. He said he didn't know of anything since they didn't have access to the Patriot game balls. Apparently, this deflated ball issue came up in Indy, in the first Pats/Colts home game. Should be interesting.

Which if we all remember correctly was a one score game in the 4th quarter. The game ultimately decided home field advantage in the playoffs, and possibly determined the outcome of the afc divisional games between BAL and NE.

Harbaugh confirmed that Some Ravens players are being interviewed by the NFL. He said he didn't know of anything since they didn't have access to the Patriot game balls. Apparently, this deflated ball issue came up in Indy, in the first Pats/Colts home game. Should be interesting.

What is odd to me is if the Colts suspected something in Nov and notified the league then why weren't the Pats balls checked every game thereafter? Why did it only happen when the faced the Colts again in the title game? So many unanswered questions in this thing ...

I was curious to hear if the Baltimore players noticed anything in their game.

That's not "all" it does. Are we really haters? I like to think of us as "rule abiders".

It also confirms Peyton is the greatest of all time. He can only be faulted for playoff performance but Brady is often thought as better because of his playoff successes, which now are (in addition to his entire career) under a black cement cloud due to their multiple cheating offenses that were confirmed, others that were technically legal like the ravens eligible/ineligible nonsense, and others that were never caught.

Boom, there it is! Case in point: You just used this as a way to 'end' the debate on Peyton vs Brady. You just proved what I was suspecting!

Let's be honest here...this is a great day for anyone that hates the Patriots....it's the almighty victory lap for them. 

Boom, there it is! Case in point: You just used this as a way to 'end' the debate on Peyton vs Brady. You just proved what I was suspecting!

Let's be honest here...this is a great day for anyone that hates the Patriots....it's the almighty victory lap for them. 

It is....and good luck trying to beat Garroppollo with Luck over the next 12 years

I thought you held yourselves to a higher standard than most fans?  Is this not true?  I need to go to reddit?

Anyway, I am done, I made my point.  If you don't like it tough.

After reading all these comments he does hold himself in higher standards than the average. At least he sees the ramification of this. Most of you just keep making excuses and coming up with narrow minded comments trying to defend the fact that Belichick does not have any concept of fair play and sportsmanship. Not only has he made the Patriots look bad it also puts a black eye on the NFL. Not once, not twice but a few more times he has used less than fair play when being a coach. If the Colts were caught in the same position I would be ashamed and sure wouldn't up in here trying to defend them.

I personally don't hate the Patriots.  I do dislike anything that discredits the NFL - which is my preferred sport to watch and follow.  When the Patriots do something like this, if proven true, it screws up the cash flow for all the other teams.  

What is odd to me is if the Colts suspected something in Nov and notified the league then why weren't the Pats balls checked every game thereafter? Why did it only happen when the faced the Colts again in the title game? So many unanswered questions in this thing ...

I think I heard about this on the Rome or Dan Patrick show. Not sure how credible it is, and I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been brought up on the spot, if true.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 21, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by Superman, January 21, 2015 - personal shot

And that's fine...enjoy your victory lap for the next 9 days...then find yourself a seat on a nice comfortable couch and watch this team play for the Championship ;)

You just don't get it, but I shouldn't expect you to. How does a town with so many great colleges produce so much trash?

This doesn't have anything to do with Peyton at all.  If you were looking for one or even a couple of posts to confirm what you were suspecting, fine.  You can take that to the bank.  But deep down, you know it has nothing to do with Peyton vs. Manning and everything to do with tarnishing an already tarnished Belicheck and Brady reputation. 

That's unabashed hogwash.

This situation has no bearing on Manning v Brady. It doesn't mean Belichick is not a great coach, or that Brady is not a great QB. We both know that.

What this situation does is expose what appears to be deliberate cheating. This whole "ammo for haters" thing is another deflection. I am not a Pats hater, I don't bring up Spygate, and I don't need any ammo. Yet this, if it is what it appears to be, confirms that Belichick (and maybe Brady, also) is a deliberate cheater. Anyone's feelings about them prior to this situation is irrelevant.

This situation has no bearing on Manning v Brady. It doesn't mean Belichick is not a great coach, or that Brady is not a great QB. We both know that.

What this situation does is expose what appears to be deliberate cheating. This whole "ammo for haters" thing is another deflection. I am not a Pats hater, I don't bring up Spygate, and I don't need any ammo. Yet this, if it is what it appears to be, confirms that Belichick (and maybe Brady, also) is a deliberate cheater. Anyone's feelings about them prior to this situation is irrelevant.

Maybe best post of the day of these 40+ pages. Thank you.

Hey listen, your maturity on the subject is nice to see...as it's always (for the most part ;)) been about Spygate as well. You know what I was responding to, and just found it interesting that someone would use this issue and somehow bring in the Peyton/Brady debate. I found that comical...

That's what drives us crazy. We don't need to do any of these things to have the success we have, and all it does is give ammo to haters

That's all easy to say as the score was 45-7 in this game. Who knows how many other times your team has cheated in close games where it maybe was the difference. Maybe the balls were deflated vs Baltimore and Brady doesn't make quite all those throws in the second half with a ball properly inflated ?  

Hey listen, your maturity on the subject is nice to see...as well as its always (for the most part ;) been about Spygate. You know what I was responding to, and just found it interesting that someone would use this issue and somehow bring in the Peyton/Brady debate. I found that comical...

You realize Manny and Papi broke the curse on steroids right?

Roger commissioner of the NFL needs to do setting sbout this. Cheating is not a good image for the NFL and Belichick did it twice. When are they gonna do something worth a damn to the pats?

Edited by Nadine
no insulting nicknames