Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Curran: "How do you take the Colts seriously?"

Anonymous

The Indianapolis Colts are coming to town to face a New England Patriots team who has had their number recently. 

On Quick Slants, Tom E. Curran explained why he thinks the Patriots have a "real easy road" to the Super Bowl now that they're facing the Colts in the AFC Championship.

"How do you take the Colts seriously?" asked Curran. "I mean, it's the AFC Championship but the Patriots have outscored Indianapolis 144-66 over a very short span of time.

"They are not going to magically improve from that November 16th meeting in which Jonas Gray left cleat marks all over their chest, thighs and neck area. That team is in trouble and it knows it."

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-how-do-you-take-colts-seriously

Really hate the Patriots, and how people think their this invincible team. I really hope the Colts players and coaches can use this type of stuff as added motivation to come out and beat the Patriots.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bengals and the Broncos now take the Colts seriously.  You may account for the "leg thing" with Peyton (although nothing was said about it before the game and Aaron Rodgers played hurt and still won) but their D can't claim the same.  Although I would argue that Broncos fans are generally classier in my opinion.  

I don't know that to expect from this game.  It's going to be a tough one.  I can accept a loss (although I don't want to) as long as there is a respectable showing.  (and Newsome gets five sacks).  

Oh I forgot......NE showed great poise and resolve by coming back from 14 points down TWICE to beat the 6th seed at home. And they needed a TD pass by Amendola too. I am so jealous. 

In the meantime the Colts won both the WC round and divisional round by double digit points each.

Doesn't matter though. Since Andy Dalton sucks and Peyton Manning most will backtrack now and say is hurt and they never really thought Denver was anything special to begin with........oh and John Fox had one foot out the door too at the beach so who cares!

Now I do get how everyone thinks we lose in NE. But, that does not mean it will be easy for the Pats too.

I hope we just go out there Sunday and start hitting everyone......hard. Win or lose. Just play a physical game to make us proud. Bring the heat.

We have nothing to lose. They have everything to lose. Brady is nearing retirement age as well like Manning. And Brady's worst playoff games are in title games usually.

I also get that nobody wanted the Colts this year either. We were written off several times all season including having our entire coaching staff fired by man several times and having our owner called an egotistical junkie.

All the Boston media seems to have really short memories.  I seem to remember in January 2002 the media giving the Patriots little shot to beat the Broncos in the AFC Championship and then ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.  The Rams were supposed to roll over the Patriots with no trouble on their way to their second championship in three years.  I also think the Rams had beaten the Patriots comfortably in the regular season but can't find evidence right now.  While this is a different situation the Patriots in January 2002 showed everyone not to assume a team can't win at all.  The Colts can show the same thing Sunday.

Even if we win the SB *s like this will still be saying the same thing.

Of course some people will but they are gonna have to do it with there team sittin at home.... and even well after that win....if it happens could never be taken away

Oh I forgot......NE showed great poise and resolve by coming back from 14 points down TWICE to beat the 6th seed at home. And they needed a TD pass by Amendola too. I am so jealous. 

In the meantime the Colts won both the WC round and divisional round by double digit points each.

Doesn't matter though. Since Andy Dalton sucks and Peyton Manning most will backtrack now and say is hurt and they never really thought Denver was anything special to begin with........oh and John Fox had one foot out the door too at the beach so who cares!

Now I do get how everyone thinks we lose in NE. But, that does not mean it will be easy for the Pats too.

I hope we just go out there Sunday and start hitting everyone......hard. Win or lose. Just play a physical game to make us proud. Bring the heat.

We have nothing to lose. They have everything to lose. Brady is nearing retirement age as well like Manning. And Brady's worst playoff games are in title games usually.

I also get that nobody wanted the Colts this year either. We were written off several times all season including having our entire coaching staff fired by man several times and having our owner called an egotistical junkie.

A girl after my own heart. :D   Time to stand up to the bully. :blueshoe:

Really hate the Patriots, and how people think their this invincible team. I really hope the Colts players and coaches can use this type of stuff as added motivation to come out and beat the Patriots.

There's an interesting stat this week....

Of Belichek's 8 career playoff defeats....    each came against a team that his Pats had beaten in the regular season that same year.

So,  that's 8 times that Belicheck's team has lost against an opponent it's already beaten in the same year.

That's not to say that the 9th time will be ths Sunday,  only that's it's not impossible and it shouldn't be a total shock if it does happen...

A girl after my own heart. :D   Time to stand up to the bully. :blueshoe:

Yep, win or lose I want 60 minutes of standing up to them. Physical.....confident. 

And I do believe the Colts are ready to take the next step and start performing vs. NE. It is time, they finally are performing on the road now in the playoffs too. 

And yes I know.....likely the refs might give us a few bad calls and we will rip our hair out. 

And I hope this is a game Luck shines in. I feel he needs to start slicing up an overrated NE defense himself. I was not too impressed by the Pats D vs. Baltimore. I think Luck can take advantage......it is time to stop being timid to NE and time to starting showing up.

And I am not even calling us to win either. I am just looking to see where the chips fall in this one.......since it's setting up for a good one I feel/hope being the night game in Foxboro with a trip to the SB on the line.

Pressure is all on the Pats.

They can only do as expected or fail

We can do as expected, or surprise

Of the 4 remaining teams, it is the Pats with the longest span without a SB win

The Pats barely beat a Ravens team in their own house, that we handled

Their RB's will not punish us up the middle with Jones's large * in there.

Andrew's "pocket" faced a better pass rush last week than this week.

Dwayne will be a major factor in this game

All week has been about the Pats running it down our throat, but I think it will be the Colts that will run it down theirs

and finally.....as mild mannered as he seems.....Andrew Luck is * about the last two games and he wants this

perception to end here.

Don't worry about Curran.  Even Pats fans think he's stupid

Yep. Curran is a Pats homer through and through but hard to disagree with what he wrote. He is right in terms of this being the best path to the SB for the Pats. Most Pats wanted the Colts in the divisional round and not the Ravens because the match up is better. That being said, I don't see this as a walk over game at all even if recent history has the Pats dominating the Colts. This is the conference title and there have been very few blow outs in this game historically. I know the Patriot team is not taking the Colts lightly after what they did to Denver. No team makes it to this game and is a push over. I don't care what the previous games looked like.

In terms of the game, I think the Colts should do what the Ravens did and spread out the Pats D early and pass, pass, pass. Forget the run early. I know you guys like Boom and all but get up early like the Ravens did and then let your D go to work with a lead. I am actually hoping the Pats do the same. Test the run early see how the Colts are playing it and if they are stacking the box or pressing then play action over the top.

Pressure is all on the Pats.

They can only do as expected or fail

We can do as expected, or surprise

Of the 4 remaining teams, it is the Pats with the longest span without a SB win

The Pats barely beat a Ravens team in their own house, that we handled

Their RB's will not punish us up the middle with Jones's large butt in there.

Andrew's "pocket" faced a better pass rush last week than this week.

Dwayne will be a major factor in this game

All week has been about the Pats running it down our throat, but I think it will be the Colts that will run it down theirs

and finally.....as mild mannered as he seems.....Andrew Luck is * about the last two games and he wants this

perception to end here.

Good points here. This will be a tougher game than most expect.

In terms of your point on pressure. The Pats are used to being the favorite and expected to win. That is nothing new for them. In fact they thrive on that. Tedy Bruschi said that in games like this where the Pats are expect to roll, Bill somehow convinces the team that they are the underdog with a lot to prove. Not sure how he does that but is probably part of what makes him a great coach.

We were only down by 8 points late in that game before penalties and an ill advised 4th down conversion attempt on our own side of the field derailed it (still have no idea what Chuck was thinking). These two teams match-up better than some are willing to see. 

This is gonna require 4 quarters of mistake free football, but we can topple the Pats. 

To any Pats player reading this forum:

Curran is absolutely right. There is no need to take the Colts seriously. They're in deep trouble, and they know it. After all, some dude no one had ever heard of before gashed them for nearly 200 yards the last time you faced them, and that was even on their home field!  And Tom Brady is the greatest QB in the history of the game so it's impossible for you to lose. Your team is so superior to the Colts that you could win this one in your sleep. 

So, what the heck. This outcome of this game has already been decided. In fact the Colts might even not show up at all, just to avoid the embarrassment. You might as well start the victory party tonight, and keep it going till the wee hours of Sunday morning.  Go out, have a few "victory shots" of Cuervo or whatever.  Meet some nice girls at a club. Oh, and no need to risk any injuries on Sunday -- take it easy and save your bodies for the Super Bowl.  After all, there will be big contract extensions following your Super Bowl win, and life-changing money handed out to free agents. Life is good -- see you in Phoenix!

Love,

Harry

they were nothing b4 Brady and bilacheat  and will back there after Brady. coach will probally call its quits then also.Which should be soon also,2/3 more years to retirement I'm guessing

To any Pats player reading this forum:

Curran is absolutely right. There is no need to take the Colts seriously. They're in deep trouble, and they know it. After all, some dude no one had ever heard of before gashed them for nearly 200 yards the last time you faced them, and that was even on their home field!  And Tom Brady is the greatest QB in the history of the game so it's impossible for you to lose. Your team is so superior to the Colts that you could win this one in your sleep. 

So, what the heck. This outcome of this game has already been decided. In fact the Colts might even not show up at all, just to avoid the embarrassment. You might as well start the victory party tonight, and keep it going till the wee hours of Sunday morning.  Go out, have a few "victory shots" of Cuervo or whatever.  Meet some nice girls at a club. Oh, and no need to risk any injuries on Sunday -- take it easy and save your bodies for the Super Bowl.  After all, there will be big contract extensions following your Super Bowl win, and life-changing money handed out to free agents. Life is good -- see you in Phoenix!

Love,

Harry

Welcome to Land of Irony! :-)

All the Boston media seems to have really short memories. I seem to remember in January 2002 the media giving the Patriots little shot to beat the Broncos in the AFC Championship and then ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. The Rams were supposed to roll over the Patriots with no trouble on their way to their second championship in three years. I also think the Rams had beaten the Patriots comfortably in the regular season but can't find evidence right now. While this is a different situation the Patriots in January 2002 showed everyone not to assume a team can't win at all. The Colts can show the same thing Sunday.

You are correct, Rams beat the Patriots 24-17 in Foxboro during the regular season that year.

Every NFL player knows every game is different.  I'm not feeling overly confident about beating the Pats, but there is no way Belichek and Brady are going into Sundays game thinking . . . "Ahh we got this, we beat them earlier this year."