Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keys to Beating New England

Andrew Luck's Beard

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He says he's not going for a specific style, but "sopping cave-monk" is his look to keep. Luck owns that property. He rolled the dice, landed on Neck Beard Avenue and built a hotel on it. If a raccoon slides under a sleeping man's chin in Arkansas, he wakes up and mails a check to Luck. Royalties, son.

As for the future of the beard, Luck told Jones that he'd prefer not to risk razor burn at the moment.

"To be honest, I don't like shaving during the season. Razor burn," Luck said. "If you grow it this long, you might as well keep it."

Abstaining from the blade is a veteran move by Luck, who needs to maintain a level of continuity at this pivotal juncture. Climbing the Everest that is the NFL playoffs is hard, but it's even more difficult when you're bleeding and chafing at the gizzard."

That is money right there. haha

So you troll about the trolls? ironic

In all due respect, there are several valued Patriots fans on this forum.

I'm talking about the Patriot fans that come here merely to argue.  I have had some really good conversations with a couple pats fans on here, but definitely not the majority of them.  The civil ones come here often, not just when were facing them that week, like the real trolls.

So, Superman, how do we correct this? I feel like the moment we overplay the run they send Gronk on a bunch of rub routes.

Drop a line backer for another lineman, probably montori. If they have 6 linemen plus gronk Brady and an RB then they only have 2 WRS. Cover them with Davis and Toler, have a single high safety and the other in the box. Use Safety on Gronk with Freeman helping and stack the line with Redding, Chapman, Hughs, and Jones.

That is my useless opinion.

We put absolutely no pressure on Manning yesterday, luckily he has a dead arm

and it didn't hurt us. Brady will kill us if we give him time in the pocket.

The key to beating the Pats is a ton of pressure on Brady.

Whut? Did you watch the game? Strip sack? There was plenty of pressure and he had to make a lot of quick throws. Other then that, I agree with you.

I see someone else who didn't watch the game...

I disagree, there was pressure on Manning. It wasn't great, but it was definitely there.

Whut? Did you watch the game? Strip sack? There was plenty of pressure and he had to make a lot of quick throws. Other then that, I agree with you.

I see someone else who didn't watch the game...

Ok ok I was boozing a little. :cheers: He had a lot of time on a ton of throws that he flat out just missed thankfully.

Brady won't be so kind next Sunday if we don't put constant pressure on him.

On the flip side, Luck had all day in the pocket which was refreshing to see.

No way we get away with how we played in Denver game. The Colts defensive backs are going to get called for a crazy amount of penalties vs the Pats...

It's in NE and Brady will whine to the refs about every pass and the refs will call it..

I say Colts get around 12 calls on them around 8 will be on our DB's.

So, Superman, how do we correct this? I feel like the moment we overplay the run they send Gronk on a bunch of rub routes.

Play better. Linemen have to hold at the point of attack better. Can't shoot gaps and let the OL get up onto the backers and safeties. Backers have to flow to the ball, not overrun the play, and they have to tackle better.

Ok ok I was boozing a little. :cheers: He had a lot of time on a ton of throws that he flat out just missed thankfully.

Brady won't be so kind next Sunday if we don't put constant pressure on him.

On the flip side, Luck had all day in the pocket which was refreshing to see.

No, you're right. He wasn't really pressured at all. Newsome's sack cam unblocked. To his credit though, Manning was getting the ball out quick. 

Control the line of scrimmage. Put pressure on Brady, get some hits on him he does not like to be hit.

Pressuring Brady is key. Doing so never makes him fold, but can fluster him in a way that largely debilitates the passing game. Brady is a tough guy. He doesn't often get sacked a lot, but he often gets hit and knocked down a lot.

put brady in third and longs and then get after him. to get third and longs, we need to stop the run. enough of a bunch of nobodies like blount and gray killing us. we need to make a statement and get after them otherwise we might as well start planning to go play golf

No way Tom throws that much against us. The Ravens secondary was dreadful and Tom picked on two guys like the whole game, one of them coming off the practice squad.

Melvin allowed 12 catches on 15 passes thrown his way (80 percent), giving up 224 yards and two touchdowns, according to Pro Football Focus. That represented 55 percent of the Patriots' passing yards.

They are going to run it on us like 40 times and try to wear down the defense, then they will pass. It's worked for them in the past, I have no doubt if we take the run away we have a shot.

Speaking of secondaries, the Pats secondary did not play all that good, Revis didn't have a good game, same for Browner who I thought was bad. They are a lot more vulnerable than I though. Of course the Ravens have the threat of a running game. I still think with solid protection and attacking the right parts of their secondary we can do some damage.

This sounds a little crazy but I might put Harrison back in at Center to handle Wilfork and slide Holmes over to RG, I don't think Holmes is quite strong enough to move around Wilfork yet and I still think Holmes best spot is at RG pulling and getting up to the 2nd level

Darius Butler and Sergio Brown are legitimately the two worst defensive backs I have ever seen play football during their time on the Pats.  The key to defeating the Patriots is finding two defense backs to start not named Sergio Brown and Darius Butler.  If Sergio Brown tries to re-enter the club, Gronk is going to toss him right out again.

Darius Butler and Sergio Brown are legitimately the two worst defensive backs I have ever seen play football during their time on the Pats.  The key to defeating the Patriots is finding two defense backs to start not named Sergio Brown and Darius Butler.  If Sergio Brown tries to re-enter the club, Gronk is going to toss him right out again.

Good thing football is not played in clubs. Good talk.

We had pressure all over Brady in the first game.  Didn't always result in sacks, but it did result in 2 interceptions.

Thank you for your useless contribution to the forum.........

This sounds a little crazy but I might put Harrison back in at Center to handle Wilfork and slide Holmes over to RG, I don't think Holmes is quite strong enough to move around Wilfork yet and I still think Holmes best spot is at RG pulling and getting up to the 2nd level

How bout running some zone blocking?  Ravens were killing Willfork with it.

No way Tom throws that much against us. The Ravens secondary was dreadful and Tom picked on two guys like the whole game, one of them coming off the practice squad.

They are going to run it on us like 40 times and try to wear down the defense, then they will pass. It's worked for them in the past, I have no doubt if we take the run away we have a shot.

Speaking of secondaries, the Pats secondary did not play all that good, Revis didn't have a good game, same for Browner who I thought was bad. They are a lot more vulnerable than I though. Of course the Ravens have the threat of a running game. I still think with solid protection and attacking the right parts of their secondary we can do some damage.

I want to see if they will leave Revis with no help on T.Y.  Honestly I don't think Revis could shut T.Y. down.

I think T.Y. will win his fair share of plays, especially on the deep ball.  I don't think Revis has the jets to run

with T. Y.  down the field.  He'd probably also give him some trouble on crossing routes.

I just want Luck to continue to stay patient and take his checkdowns if nothing is available.  I don't want him to feel forced into throwing into double coverage.  Keep taking shots at that running game, and keep assaulting them with those short throws along with the occasional deep shot.  Basically what Flacco does each time he plays them.

Offense: You have to establish a run game.  To do this you will have to start off passing to try and open it up.  The dump offs have been great in the last 2 games to keep them up.  Take shots downfield but be smart about it.  That stop and go from Fleener was amazing.  Limit turnovers and pre-snap penalties.  The offense is going to have to be efficient and use every chance it gets to score.  This one may end up being a shootout.

Defense: Stop the run game.  In order to do this you are going to have to play man on the outside so your LBs and safeties can come up in the box.  This shouldnt be a problem with Davis and Toler on the outside.  Gronk Gronk and more Gronk.  You aren't going to shut him down.  Best you can hope for is to limit his success.  LB/ Safety bracket should suffice but I think more importantly is stopping the Pats from getting in the redzone in the first place.  Jam Gronk, and the other receivers for that matter, at the line to throw off the timing with Brady and allow the pass rush to get there.  Much of the pressure on Manning came from the fact that the Colts DBs had great coverage. 

The team has to play physical and smart.  A full head of steam can get you playing sloppy.  This is going to take an almost perfectly executed game plan to win.  I have been very critical of the Colts this year but with the last 2 games I am thinking the team is in the right mind set and firing on all cylinders.  They seem to be hot at the right time.  One last game to prove it.

GIDDY UP!  Go Colts!

They didn't play well but they are still extremely talented and made plays when they had to.. can't compare games.. the capability is still there to dominate a game defensively, especially with the personnel so I'm sure the Colts will plan accordingly.

I want to see if they will leave Revis with no help on T.Y.  Honestly I don't think Revis could shut T.Y. down.

I think T.Y. will win his fair share of plays, especially on the deep ball.  I don't think Revis has the jets to run

with T. Y.  down the field.  He'd probably also give him some trouble on crossing routes

Revis handled him well last game I believe

For our secondary, a lot is going to depend on if Browner (knee) feels 100% or less. We live and die by Browner as he is very physical but he can get too physical and flags fly, but he does slow down and frustrate receivers and I can live with holding calls early on if he can frustrate receivers, but the PI calls down field, those I don't want to see.

Patriots were doing some creative defensive disguises vs Ravens, like Harmon playing the middle of the field, then waiting for Flaccos eyes to lock onto T. Smith, then jetting over there for the pick. Much has been made about the movement on the O line and our eligible/ineligible reporting, but the defense was doing some things I've not seen them do this season.

Forget who you are rooting for, we wait all year for the chance to play in this game, and the one right after. I never understood people badmouthing the opponent, etc. and for the most part people on here are speaking truth/facts and not just ripping the opponent. Many opponent forums I've been on are not that respectful. At the end of the day, each team played their @sses off to get here, and nothing will be handed to you. If the Colts go out there and dominate the Patriots, you'll get no sour grapes here. There should be no excuses when you get this far. You lose, a better team beat you. Plan and simple. Unless the refs beat you, which in that case all bets are off for sour grapes :)

EDIT: I forget I'm speaking to the enemy:) When I say "our" I mean Patriots and thinking I'm on a "friendlier" forum. I'll try to say Patriots from now on.

with T. Y.  down the field.  He'd probably also give him some trouble on crossing routes.

He might not have the Jets but he has the range, experience and intel.. which are all 3 huge factors of advantage.

Don't screw it up. IE: "Punting" in to double coverage.

I dont think it was a bad idea of Luck throwing the ball deep on 3rd down.. Every int was equavlent to a punk....  With the way pass interferences are called I hope the carry the same game plan to new england.  Why not take the shot instead of being that conservative offense.

For our secondary, a lot is going to depend on if Browner (knee) feels 100% or less. We live and die by Browner as he is very physical but he can get too physical and flags fly, but he does slow down and frustrate receivers and I can live with holding calls early on if he can frustrate receivers, but the PI calls down field, those I don't want to see.

I hope they put Browner on Fleener again. That was fun. Five targets, five catches, 118 yards.