Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots truly don't like the Colts

loudnproudcolt

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell with the Pats. People act like they are god's gift to football. They havn't won anything since they got caught cheating.

They've only won more games than any other NFL team since then, went to two SBs, losing them by a combined 7 points.

Yep, winning more games is nothing.

/sarcasm off

"how Belichick will trade a guy who is 30 years old and has a large contract before you can blink"

Most often that's called a smart business decision......See Dwight Freeney

Freeney wasn't traded.... his contract expired and he wasn't resigned.

The only way Troy Brown will change his mind (and other Luck haters) is for Luck to beat the Broncos this weekend.  The "can't beat a good team stigma" abounds.  I hope Luck is pumped up and puts a nasty on the Elway Broncos,,,,,,errrr Denver Broncos.

That's it.  You have to beat the best to get respect.

They've only won more games than any other NFL team since then, went to two SBs, losing them by a combined 7 points.

/sarcasm off

And if I were a Pats fan, I would be mad. Get it together guys.... Wasting that good team of yours.

It was the Ravens who knocked the Pats out of the playoffs twice since 2009 and were a trash talking team. Suggs shooting his mouth off about the Pats and their fans didn't help their popularity among Pats fans either. Not sure if they changed their tune.

The Dolphins to me seem like a team on the rise.

Suggs really doesn't care about winning a Boston popularity contest.

The hell with the Pats. People act like they are god's gift to football. They havn't won anything since they got caught cheating.

This point you move here defies logic and anything reasonable. So they were good enough to get to 2 Super Bowls and lose both in very close games but they can't win because they don't have the "cheating" advantage any longer.

I despise the pats but that dog don't hunt.

As a Pats fan living in NE I can say that most Pats fans don't hate the Colts or Andrew Luck. If you were to take a poll of Pats fans of the teams they dislike, it would most likely go in this order...

1.) Jets

2.) Steelers

3.) Broncos

4.) Ravens

5.) Colts

There's many Pats fans who dislike the Dolphins and Bills more than the Colts.

Most Pats fans don't hate Andrew Luck and many probably don't follow his career very closely so they base Luck on how he performs against the Pats and other top tier teams which hasn't been that good.

If the Jets are your number one rival, it just shows how ridiculous your division has been lately.

If the Jets are your number one rival, it just shows how ridiculous your division has been lately.

Rivalries are not based on just winning and losing. There is a TON of history between the teams going back to when Parcells was coaching the Pats and then left for the Jets and took some of our players with him namely Curtis Martin. And then Belichick becoming HC for a day and then resigning to come to NE. And then Mangini going over to coach the Jets and blowing the whistle on spygate. Just a lot of bad blood and the Jets have been the most competitive team in the East over the last decade going to two conference champ games and beating the Pats along the way. They were smart to get rid of Ryan but that team has a lot of talent especially on the defensive side. As with so many teams, they are just looking for a solid QB.

Then the Pats have no rival as no team has beaten them consistently. It was Denver for awhile but since Tebow and Manning arrived, the Pats are now 5-1 over the last few years. I suppose you could say the Giants although not sure the overall record since 2001 but they don't play often enough to be rivals.

agreed.  i just heard Mike Greenberg say that our game was "uninspiring".  geez.  no credit.

I heard the same thing.  I think he was mrs down on the Bengals than the Colts.  The Colts late season performance has clouded how good they were mid-season.  All of that changes if they can win in Denver.

They've only won more games than any other NFL team since then, went to two SBs, losing them by a combined 7 points.Yep, winning more games is nothing./sarcasm off

Funny guy you are. Let me ask you something. The funky hoody hasn't won a ring since then right? I didn't think so. That whole orginazation from top to bottom is a discrace to the league. Tom got outplayed by Eli of all qbs , in both of those superbowls also.

This point you move here defies logic and anything reasonable. So they were good enough to get to 2 Super Bowls and lose both in very close games but they can't win because they don't have the "cheating" advantage any longer.

I despise the pats but that dog don't hunt.

That dog don't hunt? What the hell man, if you don't get out of here with that hillbilliy nonesense. I wasn't trying to prove any points. They havn't won a ring since they got caught. That's a fact. You can sit here and downplay spygate all you want.

That dog don't hunt? What the hell man, if you don't get out of here with that hillbilliy nonesense. I wasn't trying to prove any points. They havn't won a ring since they got caught. That's a fact. You can sit here and downplay spygate all you want.

Your fact is correct - they have not won a ring since Spygate.  Your logic however is an epic fail.

Speak for yourself. I just stated my personal opinion about the Patriots. You don't like it? So what, just keep it moving.

Speak for myself?  When I said I think your Pats theory is categorical nonsense, who did you think I was speaking for?

agreed.  i just heard Mike Greenberg say that our game was "uninspiring".  geez.  no credit.

Remind me again, what position did Mike Greenberg play during his time in the NFL?

It's hard for me to take any of these blowhards (who have 0 idea just how hard it is to win a game in the NFL let alone the playoffs) seriously when they use the term "uninspiring" to describe a game they could never play in.

To keep this on the Pats topic, I wasn't shocked at all that Rodney Harrison picked against the Colts.  Every time he opens his mouth somebody just needs to hold a picture of Tyree's catch in front of him.

Edited by MR. Blueblood

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 5, 2015 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, January 5, 2015 - personal spat

Speak for myself?  When I said I think your Pats theory is categorical nonsense, who did you think I was speaking for?

Hell no you damn fool. I meant speak for yourself when you was talking that epic fail garbage. The Patriots have not won a ring since they got caught. There is no theory in that, and it's not difficult to comprehend. Skedaddle chump, you're wasting my time.

Hell no you damn fool. I meant speak for yourself when you was talking that epic fail garbage. The Patriots have not won a ring since they got caught. There is no theory in that, and it's not difficult to comprehend. Skedaddle chump, you're wasting my time.

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to call me a "damn fool" on this board.  That seems a violation of forum rules.  I won't report it though as I have a good time reading your theories with as funny as they are.

Remind me again, what position did Mike Greenberg play during his time in the NFL?

It's hard for me to take any of these blowhards (who have 0 idea just how hard it is to win a game in the NFL let alone the playoffs) seriously when they use the term "uninspiring" to describe a game they could never play in.

To keep this on the Pats topic, I wasn't shocked at all that Rodney Harrison picked against the Colts.  Every time he opens his mouth somebody just needs to hold a picture of Tyree's catch in front of him.

ha, the Tyree catch, yea, I remember that one. lol.  SVP & Rusillo, same thing, basically saying we will get popped in Denver with no chance.  Said we didn't have ANY wins against playoff caliber opponents, oh but he forgot about Cincy AND Ravens.  And he put a bunch of stock in the Cowboys game, which didn't mean anything, we didn't have T.Y. (he forgot about that), and he had to bring up our beat-down from the Patriots last year without mentioning one word about how good Andrew Luck was vs. KC last year (playoffs).  Patriots don't like us and Bill Simmons certainly doesn't help things, he also said very negative things about the Colts on the SVP show.  When someone as popular as Simmons keeps the "hate" going, it tends to bleed out to other fans.

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to call me a "damn fool" on this board.  That seems a violation of forum rules.  I won't report it though as I have a good time reading your theories with as funny as they are.

Listen here jshinnz or whatever you want to call yourself. I could care less wether you do it or don't. I'm pretty sure the moderators can read everything we post anyway.

I don't hate the Colts... in fact, I remember quite well when the only thing the Patriots and Colts ever competed for was who would be in second-to-last-place in the old AFC East. 

I think the OP is connecting dots that aren't there. If that's Troy Brown's opinion of Andrew Luck, I doubt it has anything to do with what uniform he wears. What would Brown (still) be upset about? The 2006 playoff game? 

I think Troy is wrong here and personally believe Luck to be LIGHT YEARS ahead of Dalton, but whatever. I certainly don't think it has anything to do with the Indy-NE rivalry, which - in all honesty - has not been the same for several years now. I like Luck very much as a QB and he seems like a very genuinely good kid.

Just being honest here...

"They haven't won a ring since Spygate" is something that's often repeated by the most casual of NFL fans. There are a lot of reasons to hate on the Patriots for Spygate and a good case can be made against them by a rational and informed person.

"They haven't won a ring since Spygate," however, is not one of them. 

The Denver Broncos haven't won a Super Bowl since the late 1990s when they got caught cheating the salary cap by making deferred payments to players. So by your logic the same applies, right? They're following the cap rules now and that's why they haven't won one since then?

Well, I don't remember any Colts players, present or past, saying anything derogatory towards any other team or player.  That being said, I distinctly heard Peyton Manning once say that Canadian beer sucks.

What about a certain kicker?

How many superbowl wins since then?

Are you serious?  They've been to two, and they have a great winning record since the "spygate" fiasco.  There are 30 NFL teams, and there have been 10 Super Bowls since the Pats last won the big kahuna.  And they've been in two since, one coming at the end of an undefeated regular season.

Spygate is really overblown, in my opinion. No offense, but it appears to be the last refuge of Patriot haters. I only wish the Colts had had the consistent success of the Patriots.  As a Colts fan, I must admit the current run of excellence by the Patriots is unprecedented. It is much more impressive being the best team in football in the era of football's peak popularity than to proclaim your city "Titletown" for winning a few consecutive chamionships while owned by a meat packing company because the country did not care about football.

/sarcasm off

A lot of their fans are arrogant (there are some cool ones, though, at this board). Perhaps they'll get down to earth if the Pats get bounced again.

Just being honest here...

"They haven't won a ring since Spygate" is something that's often repeated by the most casual of NFL fans. There are a lot of reasons to hate on the Patriots for Spygate and a good case can be made against them by a rational and informed person.

"They haven't won a ring since Spygate," however, is not one of them. 

The Denver Broncos haven't won a Super Bowl since the late 1990s when they got caught cheating the salary cap by making deferred payments to players. So by your logic the same applies, right? They're following the cap rules now and that's why they haven't won one since then?

I for one am not a casual NFL fan. I just said what I felt. I didn't mean to offend so many innocent people on here. Oh well life goes on. I just didn't feel the need to write a two page essay to express my thoughts. The Patriots are notorious cheaters and whiners. From Spygate, to the tuck rule, to the Brady rule. It's easy to win when you cheat and rules are made up on the spot mid game to help you win. 

It's funny that you mention the Broncos and the connection with the Patriots. Didn't Josh McDaniels say, "It was practiced, it was coached, it was worked on". Deny it all you want to. Now that the league let this two time cheater go back to an organization who taught him how to cheat, the Pats are playing above their talent level. They're cheating again, why wouldn't they? Crooked Roger Goodell isn't going to do anything about it. He needs them to win to legitimize his decision to destroy evidence based on the notion that they never needed to cheat to be champions. This is chess, not checkers.