Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team has a Coaching Problem/Fire Coaches (Merge)

Horseshoe

We need some changes at the coaching staff this offseason! Todays loss was ugly and it wasn't the first time that the Colts looked sloppy and unprepared. You can blame the lack of execution, you can blame the refs for some questionable calls but if you look back the last two seasons this isn't the first time the Colts looked unprepared and especially regressed in the second half of the season. Colts had troubles last year after the bye week where Luck and the whole Offense struggled and looked out of sync.  This year we saw the same thing. Coaching decisions are odd and play calls (three straight runs - fake punt early in the game deep in own territory etc.) are sometimes just terrible...

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 turnovers so far this year

And half of them through tipped balls, dropped balls that got intercepted. I don't say Luck is without fault. His major problem is that he sometime tries to hard to make a play, forces things. A reason for this is that Colts are always digging huge holes and Luck tries to bail them out...

And half of them through tipped balls, dropped balls that got intercepted. I don't say Luck is without fault. His major problem is that he sometime tries to hard to make a play, forces things. A reason for this is that Colts are always digging huge holes and Luck tries to bail them out...

Is there a stat column for tip picks?

I think maybe you give Pagano another year if you're Irsay/Grigson. But I think a change needs to be made after this season at both coordinator positions. Improvement has not occurred on either side of the ball in the past two seasons. In fact, for two straight years the offense has slowly gotten worse as the season has progressed. The defense has consistently been up and down but can't seem to do anything against an elite QB. Bottom line: Pep and Manusky need to be shown the door and Pagano needs to be given a short leash with new coordinators/schemes.

Let me ask you which is the best team we have beat all year? Okay which elite team have we been competitive against? Another one and done season. Book it.

Get rid of Pagano, this team is winning not because, but in spite of coaching staff. Would love someone like Harbaugh but that isn't happening. I hope local media can ask tough questions, we have been unprepared too many games this season.

Also what is the logic of 3 straight runs(run on 3rd and long) and asking your punter to throw? I know it was dropped, but just looking at logic behind that

Edit: also for those saying team had nothing to play for, so that's why they an egg. That's still on coaching....Also why play starters if there's no effort/heart?

This team didn't have much talent in 2012, but Arians knew how to get the team to play hard.

Arians actually had the exact same results as pagano is having now. Barely beat the teams you're supposed to cream and get destroyed by teams better than you.

The fake punt looked like it was a decision made by the players on the field. The Cowboys player covering our gunner crashed down the line to rush the punt. One of our guys then made a gesture, wiping his hands on his jersey. I think that was the call for the fake punt. So I think that was the players, not the coaches

Coaches gave them that option so it's on them.

I was trying to be positive this past few weeks, Trying to back the coaching staff in their decision making on a weekly bases and knowing what needs to be done, And thinking this game would of showed us where the colts stood in preparing for the game. But after this blow out their is something wrong with the coaching staff.

1 No run game at all saying that the colts were playing from behind but still their has been no run game at all the past few weeks.

2 Evaluation of players have been really bad why are they playing allen as a wr when he is a better run blocker and put fleener and the wr slot

3 The defense is horrindus no discipline what so ever, no pass rush and no presence in the run defense at all.

4 Why are you playing the starters if you planned on not even trying to win.

Sorry bottom line this is all on the coaches not preparing or putting the right scheme in for each game  

Arians actually had the exact same results as pagano is having now. Barely beat the teams you're supposed to cream and get destroyed by teams better than you.

Thing is Arians coached a team in this year that was completely overhauled. A lot of new faces, new rookie franchise QB. This is Paganos second straight year and I don't see a lot of improvements or developments. We are still struggling with our Offensive Line, our Defense is still a mess, and game preparation is still bad...

I'm not sure I'm defending Pagano by asking - what exactly did he do wrong today? It wasn't a scheme thing today as far as I can tell, it was execution wasn't there and talent wasn't on par with the Cowboys.

I do not like the coaches going out and telling the media what your scheme for the game is going to be, The first 3 plays of the game sums it up the cowboys loaded the box and dared the colts to run sorry but this is bad coaching 

You're kidding right?

Yes, but he needs to improve his basic QB play. Release the ball quicker and be more accurate. Compared to Hasslebeck, and some of the better pocket QBs, Luck does take some time to wind up and release the ball, which gives a DB a half a step jump.

And he hardly ever hits the receiver in stride, and often throws to the wrong side of the receiver.

Meanwhile, down in Arizona, a familiar face is just a quarterback away from a superbowl run.

Breaking news when Luck refuses to resign with Indy and gets picked up by either the Chargers or the Cardinals and wins super bowls.

You just completely killed your own statement.  QB is the least of the Chargers concerns. 

Exactly

Haven't found any stats for QB Hurries but QB Hits:

1. Buccaneers 118

2. Jaguars 111

3. Redskins 106

6. Colts 91

Colts improved from the third place last year but still a lot of hits. Not a good sign for pass protection. Colts ranked 2nd 2012, 3rd 2013, currently 6th 2014 in this category for most QB Hits.

Yes, but he needs to improve his basic QB play. Release the ball quicker and be more accurate. Compared to Hasslebeck, and some of the better pocket QBs, Luck does take some time to wind up and release the ball, which gives a DB a half a step jump.

And he hardly ever hits the receiver in stride, and often throws to the wrong side of the receiver.

Ok, well everyone on our team needs to improve. Luck has room for improvement but right now he's the best player on this team and he's the only thing keeping us from being a 3 or 4 win squad. Teams like the Jets, Bucs, Titans, Rams, and Bills would kill to have Andrew Luck just to name a few. There's a lot of problems with this team but he is not one of them.

Starting the game with 3 runs, including a stupid draw on 3rd down, capped by a foolish fake punt from your own 19 yard line tells you all you need to know about this coaching staff. This is just an instance. We can talk forever about the lack of adequate game plans and predictability on offense.

Hey....they have guts. Then again, so do meth addicts and gas station robbers.