Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team has a Coaching Problem/Fire Coaches (Merge)

Horseshoe

Let me ask you which is the best team we have beat all year? Okay which elite team have we been competitive against? Another one and done season. Book it.

Get rid of Pagano, this team is winning not because, but in spite of coaching staff. Would love someone like Harbaugh but that isn't happening. I hope local media can ask tough questions, we have been unprepared too many games this season.

Also what is the logic of 3 straight runs(run on 3rd and long) and asking your punter to throw? I know it was dropped, but just looking at logic behind that

Edit: also for those saying team had nothing to play for, so that's why they an egg. That's still on coaching....Also why play starters if there's no effort/heart?

This team didn't have much talent in 2012, but Arians knew how to get the team to play hard.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason we win games is because of Luck the best decision Irsay and Grigs could make in the offseason is getting rid of Pagano and Pep, just move on, these guys are doing nothing to take our team to the next level, it almost seems like they are bringing it down

Let me ask you which is the best team we have beat all year? Okay which elite team have we been competitive against? Another one and done season. Book it.

Get rid of Pagano, this team is winning not because, but in spite of coaching staff. Would love someone like Harbaugh but that isn't happening. I hope local media can ask tough questions, we have been unprepared too many games this season.

Also what is the logic of 3 straight runs(run on 3rd and long) and asking your punter to throw? I know it was dropped, but just looking at logic behind that

I cannot argue with this.  I don't know that Harbaugh is the answer but I don't think anymore that it is Chuck-Our coordinators need to go also.

We haven't beat anybody of any account except maybe the Ravens. But they lost to Houston today. 

The fake punt looked like it was a decision made by the players on the field.  The Cowboys player covering our gunner crashed down the line to rush the punt.  One of our guys then made a gesture, wiping his hands on his jersey.  I think that was the call for the fake punt.  So I think that was the players, not the coaches

I'm not sure that the team doesn't have a starting QB problem.

We have protection problems. We have a taunting problem. We have an "inappropriate sneak play" problem. We have an injury problem.

There are only two things going for us. We have a weak division and Andrew Luck. 

Pagano isn't going anywhere unless we have a losing season or don't make the playoffs, in my opinion. Our front office thinks 3 11-5 seasons is REALLY good so Pagano must be doing something right. Wrong... If we had Harbaugh, it could even hurt us if it costs us too much money to have him. We need to have someone in that knows how to build and coach an oline. Then maybe we can keep Andrew from getting hit all the time and be able to run the ball more consistently. Our division definitely inflates our season record the past 3 years. Jaguars and Titans have always been pretty terrible for a while now. Texans give us a run for our money but we still are able to handle them. If we were in another division, I don't think we would have 11 wins a season. I usually don't talk bad about our team but we have a lot of soul searching to do...

We have no business having one of the worst O-Lines in the league. Grigson has failed badly in this area. That alone is reason to be on the hot seat. You have to protect your biggest asset

Again, our Oline was effective with Shipley at center.... Even if we blame Grigson for Oline, what about defense? Isn't that supposed to be Paganos signature?

I'm not sure I'm defending Pagano by asking - what exactly did he do wrong today? It wasn't a scheme thing today as far as I can tell, it was execution wasn't there and talent wasn't on par with the Cowboys.

Why do we go out every game unprepared? Always down 14-0 early seems like

We have been the beneficiaries of playing in the second weakest division in football for the past two seasons, which has resulted in a lot of wins, but absolutely no substance.  We are continually exposed when we play the better teams in the league.  

Pags has not accomplished one thing that he said he was going to do when he came here.  Do we have a top ranked defense?  No. Do we have a great running game?  Hell no.  

What we have is a record of slow starts and getting out coached game after game.  This coaching staff is pathetic, plain and simple. Real coaches put the best players on the field and have a game plan to win.  What have we got?

IMHO, the coaches are our biggest problem, but because of the weakness of our opponents, nothing will be done about it.

The first half of the season was a completely different monster. Yeah we started 0-2, but we were two garbage referee calls from beating Philly (who we just now eliminated from playoff contention, hahaha). Colts shut out the Bengals and beat the Ravens (Both well played) but then got blown out by the Steelers, Patriots and now the Cowboys. 

We have beaten one team that is currently "in" the playoffs and lost to, well, most of the others. 

Yes, we have a coaching problem. We have two to three guys a week starting on our offensive line that shouldn't even be in the league, and a run game that is lethargic at best. (3 yards rushing through the third quarter today.) 

You know what kills me, is Andrew Luck and the AFC South. He's so good that even a crap team and a crap coaching staff can't keep him from 10 wins in a season, so getting any picks outside the 20's is going to be near impossible to build a better team around him. 

This isn't about Luck. Luck can't be asked to do everything. He's throwing the ball, and there are 11 guys against him. Crap happens, balls get tipped etc. Right now, the Colts are leading the league in drops- which is undisciplined football. That goes against the coaching staff. Defensive players don't make tackles, and that's undisciplined football. Three guys hit the running back in the backfield, but he still goes for 11 yards. It's one thing if you're facing Jamaal Charles, but this is Jonas Gray, Joseph Randle, etc. Unacceptable.

Undisciplined Coaching, and undisciplined players. The talent is there. We have a top 5 QB, and a top 5 CB, and a top 5 receiving corps (when they can actually... you know... catch the ball), but we get blown out by other playoff teams week in and week out.

Before you spout off about our record, just realize that over half of our wins came against Jax, Hou and Tenn. 

We have been the beneficiaries of playing in the second weakest division in football for the past two seasons, which has resulted in a lot of wins, but absolutely no substance.  We are continually exposed when we play the better teams in the league.  

Pags has not accomplished one thing that he said he was going to do when he came here.  Do we have a top ranked defense?  No. Do we have a great running game?  Hell no.  

What we have is a record of slow starts and getting out coached game after game.  This coaching staff is pathetic, plain and simple. Real coaches put the best players on the field and have a game plan to win.  What have we got?

IMHO, the coaches are our biggest problem, but because of the weakness of our opponents, nothing will be done about it.

WHICH IS RIDICULOUS . 

Irsay needs to see this. He can't waste another franchise QB.

This is the worst loss since Pagano has been the coach. This team is never prepared and we're always at a coaching disadvantage against elite teams. It also doesn't help that we have the worst right side of the offensive line and no pass rush. Changes need to be made after this season if we don't win in the playoffs.

This is the worst loss since Pagano has been the coach. This team is never prepared and we're always at a coaching disadvantage against elite teams. It also doesn't help that we have the worst right side of the offensive line and no pass rush. Changes need to be made after this season if we don't win in the playoffs.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124022

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331110011