Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team has a Coaching Problem/Fire Coaches (Merge)

Horseshoe

Rex Ryan for one.

He has always contested Belichick with far inferior teams. Pagano has been lights out this postseason (needs to discipline us more--too many dumb penalties) but if Rex was our coach, that spot in the SB would be a lock.

Rex Ryan would not coach this team, he apparently does not like to coach teams that have good QBs.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the teams Rex had that is great. They did have one of the best O-line in years in 09 though.

That is still better than 0-3 and all being +20 point losses IIRC. I am betting his record is better with a Luck caliber QB.

I am now happy with Pagano though, and think he can lead this team, I was wrong about him. This team is forming an identity in the postseason right before our very eyes.

Pagano didn't coach in the first game against the Pats. And there were some 20 and 30 and 40 point losses in there for the Jets. It doesn't make sense to say that Rex Ryan would be a lock for a SB against the Pats. He lost to them plenty.

You should hear what my friends are saying about the Colts v Pats game then. Depressing.

They are already going on about which NFC team has the best chance of stopping NE. It's insulting! Makes me want that W that much more. Sorry to anyone I offend here.

I am one of the more fiery fans lol.

Who cares what they think. After watching Baltimore control the entire game on Saturday until the end I feel much better about our chances. Just as long as Jonas doesn't resemble Walter Payton again, allowing the Pats to control the clock, we should be fine. You are aware that our run-d has stifled two of the league's hottest running backs in back to back weeks?

Pagano didn't coach in the first game against the Pats. And there were some 20 and 30 and 40 point losses in there for the Jets. It doesn't make sense to say that Rex Ryan would be a lock for a SB against the Pats. He lost to them plenty.

I can think of 2010 the Pats beat the Jets 45-3 at home in the regular season, albeit Jim Leonard broke his leg like the day before but wouldn't have changed the outcome. NYJ came back in the divisional round and just got to Brady, forced him to throw a pick early. Granted Sanchez actually played almost perfect with TD passes to LT and Holmes as well as one to Edwards dragging two defenders into the endzone with him. Minimal yards after catch and pulled out the W. They had a better run game but not a better team. Still, why not us?

I have to say the coaching has been good during the playoffs.  Had the right game plan against the Broncos and Bengals.  It was definitely disheartening earlier in the season getting destroyed by the Steelers, Cowboys and Patriots and it did seem like we were taking a step in the wrong direction.  But at this point, I don't see anyone getting let go as we have had a nice run in the playoffs despite what happens in New England.  However, I would like to see a better effort against the Patriots even if it means a loss, not getting blown out would be nice. 

Yes, I think you can coach a team into avoiding penalties.

Weird that people get fired up over such innocuous post.

Even weirder that people hold grudges over the internet.

@Danfish, I guess I think Cribbs should improve his judgment, I won't completely blame coaching but you can gradually see that the play was sort of coming.

Its just a pointless criticism because every team's fans complain about penalties, and simply saying "they need to work on avoiding them and be more disciplined" is absurdly vague and obvious at the same time. Who doesn't want to avoid penalties? More disciplined how? What should the coaches do that they aren't already doing?

Some of this freakshow we call so-called fans would fire their grandma.  The next will be...fire em all if they cannot beat the patriots.  I may start going on the offensive again.  

Never wanted anyone fired lol all though there were things I didn't like, such as play calls on offense , that have been addressed for the most part such as the early dump pass ,that IMO helped a vastly improved OL in pass protection.

Never wanted anyone fired lol all though there were things I didn't like, such as play calls on offense , that have been addressed for the most part such as the early dump pass ,that IMO helped a vastly improved OL in pass protection.

An OL that had not had the same crew in what????  Every game this season until the Bronco game?  Cohesion is sooooo important.

Why can I not expect more from the team?

I just see things that will kill is against teams like the Patriots and would rather we work on them then suffer a stomach turning loss.

Unlike Manning, Brady won't be playing on a turn quad, we need to being our A game and a lot of players are going to have to play their best games as a Colt. Pagano especially is going to have to coach his best game period. I honestly see the Pats as our greatest test, we get past them and I think our chances of hoisting the Lombardi are pretty damn good.

I don't see how you can view the CJ play as acceptable. Some players stood around and didn't bother hustling. How is that ok?

Go back and look at the play again.    Nobody stood around.   They all blew tackles.    There's a big difference.

And in a game where each team is running 65-70 plays each,  you're just not going to be perfect on every play.

These games are played by human beings......   stuff happens.

Just a couple of points:

--EVERY team has some things they need to fix.  There is no perfect team out there.

--yes penalties are killers, but consider this.  Last year, the colts were the least penalized team in the league with the exact same coaching staff.  Players have to take some responsibility

--weird playcalls at times..yeah I'll give you that but again, that could be said of pretty much every team in the league

--bad STs coaching?  yeah...no.  Cribbs has been around returning kicks long enough to know when he should call a fair catch.  That's entirely on him.  The STs coaches have been coaching their butts off this year.

--defense needs to hustle...they were hustling all game long.  Had it not been for that penalty on Jones on the first drive, then potentially they hold the Broncos offense to 3 points.  They were tackling well all game except for that play.  Unfortunately broken tackles do happen from time to time, albeit that was probably the worst time during that game for them to not tackle well.  If they had been tackling poorly all game long, then I could see putting that on the coaches.  That was not the case however. 

as a side note, I find it a bit ridiculous when a fan uses the word "unacceptable". 

Great post!      I'm out of "likes" for the day, otherwise, I would have tagged you....

Nice job....  :thmup: