Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns next week (Merge)

12isthenew18

Vontae is the biggest concern.

The defense fell apart without him in Pittsburgh and it happened again today. Could be an issue facing Gordy next week, although if Johnny Football is playing it shouldn't really matter.

You guys really gotta stop shrugging off teams. We have no film on Johnny. He's a wild card. Stop taking it for granted. He could easily have a career day or stink it up.

But just automatically assuming he won't get the job done is a stretch. We're no dominant team

I just hope Davis will be playing. Lord knows Gordon may have 100 or more yards on us if he doesn't play

Never thought a CB could make a defense go from first to worst

Vontae goes down, Jackson starts eating

Gordy's best play was injuring Jackson today and even then he didn't mean to do that. Dropped the pick in the end zone, and was eaten for lunch today.

Purifoy has gotta come back. I understand he broke the rules, but Gordy is horrible

Gordy's best play was injuring Jackson today and even then he didn't mean to do that. Dropped the pick in the end zone, and was eaten for lunch today.

Purifoy has gotta come back. I understand he broke the rules, but Gordy is horrible

Not gonna happen. Purifoy is now a seahawk

Wonder if we will see Hoyer or Manziel.

I'm guessing Hoyer with a short leash.  The Browns are very talented on both sides of the ball.  Gordon is a nightmare to defend, their O line is very good in spite of losing Mack, and they have a very good D backfield.

Historically, we always have real close games against the Browns.  I don't expect this one to be any different.

Purifoy has already signed with.........    Seattle.

Sorry about that.....

You guys really gotta stop shrugging off teams. We have no film on Johnny. He's a wild card. Stop taking it for granted. He could easily have a career day or stink it up.

But just automatically assuming he won't get the job done is a stretch. We're no dominant team

Given what we've seen from Manziel, I believe there isn't much to worry about if he's under center. Sure, he might have a career day, but guess what? He probably won't.

I guess you were shaking in your boots when Whitehurst and Bortles strolled into town too? Newsflash, bruh. There are some bad teams in this league and there are some bad players in this league.

Given what we've seen from Manziel, I believe there isn't much to worry about if he's under center. Sure, he might have a career day, but guess what? He probably won't.

I guess you were shaking in your boots when Whitehurst and Bortles strolled into town too? Newsflash, bruh. There are some bad teams in this league and there are some bad players in this league.

Same thing was said with Big Ben...... What happened?

Yes there are bad teams, but we're average. Did we not just struggle with the Skins today? The Jags in the first half last week?

You act like we're a dominant team. Average at best. And possible it may snow in Cleveland..... How do we fair in the cold weather?

Same thing was said with Big Ben...... What happened?

Yes there are bad teams, but we're average. Did we not just struggle with the Skins today? The Jags in the first half last week?

You act like we're a dominant team. Average at best. And possible it may snow in Cleveland..... How do we fair in the cold weather?

I didn't say anything negative about Ben prior to the Pitt game, or is my opinion just the same as everyone else's?

I wouldn't say they struggled today. Always at least two scores ahead for most of the game. Defense played soft for pretty much a whole quarter because they were so far ahead, similar to the Giants game.

Struggling against the Jags defense last week means they will struggle with Cleveland's quarterback? I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

Vontae is the biggest concern. 

The defense fell apart without him in Pittsburgh and it happened again today. Could be an issue facing Gordy next week, although if Johnny Football is playing it shouldn't really matter.

considering Manziel came in later in the game 5 for 8 for 63 yards and 2 rushes for 13 yards and a TD was not to bad for a quarter of play. we have issues stopping the run as it is, and having to worry about a RB and a mobile QB will not be pretty. defense needs to step up. this is the time to start getting hot with three big games in a row coming up against Cleveland, Houston and Dallas. all three who are desperately trying to stay in the thick of things for the playoffs. 

Isn't it ironic that Manziel would(maybe) make his first NFL start against the Colts? We traded a 1st round pick to the Browns for T-Rich and the Browns used it to get Manziel. Technically Manziel belong to the Colts. He is going to be our double agent  :monkeydance:

if i am not mistaken, they packaged our pick to move up a couple spots to get manziel. 

considering Manziel came in later in the game 5 for 8 for 63 yards and 2 rushes for 13 yards and a TD was not to bad for a quarter of play. we have issues stopping the run as it is, and having to worry about a RB and a mobile QB will not be pretty. defense needs to step up. this is the time to start getting hot with three big games in a row coming up against Cleveland, Houston and Dallas. all three who are desperately trying to stay in the thick of things for the playoffs. 

If the Colts can beat the Browns next week they put themselves in position to win the South with a win over the Texans the following week at home. 

Better.

Hoyer has far more NFL experience, experience in that system and he's a better passer.

I wouldn't say better. our run defense is already bad enough when it comes to stopping running backs, now they have to worry about possibly stopping a mobile QB from running also. out of the 4 remaining games this game and the Dallas game are the two i'm worried about. 

If the Colts can beat the Browns next week they put themselves in position to win the South with a win over the Texans the following week at home. 

yeah they do, but that is IF they beat houston the following week. all it takes is for us to lose to Houston heading to Dallas and everything falls apart. our defense has not been playing particularly well since the pittsburgh game, and turnovers have been a big issue for us. 

yeah they do, but that is IF they beat houston the following week. all it takes is for us to lose to Houston heading to Dallas and everything falls apart. our defense has not been playing particularly well since the pittsburgh game, and turnovers have been a big issue for us. 

I am not saying it will be easy but the Colts have a lot to play for right now too. 

Hey I agree here. This isn't the Jaguars right? I mean they gave us a tough run for our money...but look they came back from 21-0 down to knock off the Giants...sure the Giants stink this year but that's not the point.

My point is that the Brown's have been a fairly tough team all year. It's not like they'll just lay down. And like I've always said...any given Sunday anything can happen.