Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless is attacking Luck on First Take

coltkingABC

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like Bayless, and will the Colts prove Bayless wrong in the future?

Everyone on this forum despises Skip.

Colts have already proved him wrong many times already. Skip said RG3 is the better QB over Luck in the draft. That's proven to be not even close.

Journalist Actor Skip Bayless is playing his typical villain role saying that Andrew Luck is being "coronated" as a quarterback. Do you like Bayless, and will the Colts prove Bayless wrong in the future?

There, fixed it for you.  Have you happened to have ever watched pro wrestling?  If so, you know how they have announcers during the matches, and one is typically the good guy announcer and the other is the bad guy announcer?  yeah, same thing here...Bayless is the guy that you're not supposed to agree with, he's there to be controversial and to get you riled up. ;)

There, fixed it for you.  Have you happened to have ever watched pro wrestling?  If so, you know how they have announcers during the matches, and one is typically the good guy announcer and the other is the bad guy announcer?  yeah, same thing here...Bayless is the guy that you're not supposed to agree with, he's there to be controversial and to get you riled up. ;)

This!

Man I was going to make that same analogy!

Skip and Smith's little show is the wrestling league of football news. All orchestrated. 

Who cares if Andrew has critics? But even most of those critics would agree the Colts were phenomenally Lucky to be able to draft Peyton and Andrew back to back. Other than Green Bay with Favre and Rodgers it's hard to think of any situation where a team has been able to draft a great QB to immediately succeed a future Hall of Fame QB.

Skip Bayless ALWAYS hates on Luck.  He is the type of Sports Talk show guy who ALWAYS sticks to who he does or doesn't like.  The Patriots could be 0-7 and he'd still say they are going to win the superbowl.  Luck could go 16-0 and then win the superbowl and he'll still say he's overrated.  The Spurs could be the 8th seed in the playoffs and he'd still say they would win it.  He's the type of guy that does not stick to the facts, he only sticks to what/who he likes or dis likes. In my opionion as a sports analyst or sports talk show guy you can't ALWAYS base everything off of what you like or dis like and you have to admit you are wrong sometimes.   I can't stand him!   I really hope the Colts win Sunday so we can all see what he says on Monday!

I can't stand him!   I really hope the Colts win Sunday so we can all see what he says on Monday!

" cant stand him!" ...So ill tune in next week. haha. Dont you see that is his game? He wants people to disagree with what he says  and have that exact response right there. In fact, you could not have demonstrated how that man makes a living any better. Bravo.

Nice!

Everyone knows Andrew isn't a H.O.F lock yet. He's blowing the whole thing out of proportion to be different.

This is what Luck haters keep doing with him.  They set up a strawman and claim that everyone or most people believe that Andrew Luck is this when most reasonable people don't think that.  Then they tear down that strawman.

Luck's first 2 years the strawman was that he's an elite top 5 QB.  So they tore that down.

Now that he's looking like an elite top 5 QB they are moving to tearing down the hall of fame notion when no one is claiming that Luck is a lock for the HOF yet.  

If it becomes apparent that Luck will be in the hall of fame they will move to tearing him down as the GOAT even when NO ONE is saying that he's the GOAT.  

And then they put standards on him that are too high and pretend that he's the only QB or at least the only elite QB to have problems that every QB has. . .   

Take this little gem.

"But, at the risk of committing heresy, is it fair to ask if Luck has a weird propensity for almost inexplicably losing focus for a quarter, or a half, or even a game and throwing what-was-he-thinking interceptions?

Even after the Colts' recent 40-24 Monday-night win at the Giants, Mike Wells wrote: "You wondered, 'What's wrong with Andrew Luck?' after he continued to miss his intended targets for more than a quarter."

Because no other QB has ever spaced out and had a bad quarter or half or full game.  Nope that doesn't happen EVER.  Tom Brady didn't look so bad against the chiefs that people where saying he was done, Phillip Rivers didn't look stupid against the Dolphins, and Manning didn't stink it up against the Pats.  It never happens they are always on fire, never throw bad picks.  Only Andrew Luck sometimes has a bad stretch of time where he doesn't play well, be it part of a game or the full game. 

Skip Bayless ALWAYS hates on Luck.  He is the type of Sports Talk show guy who ALWAYS sticks to who he does or doesn't like.  The Patriots could be 0-7 and he'd still say they are going to win the superbowl.  Luck could go 16-0 and then win the superbowl and he'll still say he's overrated.  The Spurs could be the 8th seed in the playoffs and he'd still say they would win it.  He's the type of guy that does not stick to the facts, he only sticks to what/who he likes or dis likes. In my opionion as a sports analyst or sports talk show guy you can't ALWAYS base everything off of what you like or dis like and you have to admit you are wrong sometimes.   I can't stand him!   I really hope the Colts win Sunday so we can all see what he says on Monday!

Skip may be stupid but he isn't that stupid......................right?

Argh, I clicked through on a Skip Bayless interview.  The good news is, I got to see Jeff Saturday

Of course Andrew Luck is not a lock for the hall of fame.  What a strange thing for skip to take issue with.  Who even said that?

Skip made it up so he could talk about Andrew Luck

I have no problem with him taking issue with how some people crown Luck as a lock HOF.  I just don't see as many people saying that as Skip seems to think.  But even if they did, I don't see why you'd even take the time to respond it.  It's lunacy to think a 3rd year QB is already a HOF'er.  Despite Luck's mistakes, he's still a great young QB.  One of the best, if not the best, out of hte younger crop of QBs.  If Skip has a problem with that or disputes it, I'm not really going to take the time to react to it, because that is just as crazy as it is to think he's a lock for the HOF.

" cant stand him!" ...So ill tune in next week. haha. Dont you see that is his game? He wants people to disagree with what he says  and have that exact response right there. In fact, you could not have demonstrated how that man makes a living any better. Bravo.

haha thank you! I know that is his game and I think it's garbage personally :D