Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick and Whalen/Will Whalen make the roster? [Merge]

camcolts2621

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No as in "no," or no as in "I'm gonna take some time to think about it, and then maybe I'll formulate a thoughtful response later"?

Because if it's the second option, I'm eagerly awaiting your expressions, and then maybe we can have an enriching back and forth about it.

you asked me a question and I answered. Not sure what there is to explain there supes

That is your opinion. One not shared with the coaching staff and GM

That is the opinion of every front office for going on 3 years, and the reason he has been on and off the team/ps so many times without anyone picking him up.

Hes a serviceable receiver in a pinch right now, nothing more, nothing less.

That is the opinion of every front office for going on 3 years, and the reason he has been on and off the team/ps so many times without anyone picking him up.

Hes a serviceable receiver in a pinch right now, nothing more, nothing less.

Like every wr5 Iin the NFL?

shows the absurd love affair with a guy that is borderline nfl talent

That is your opinion. One not shared with the coaching staff and GM

Like every wr5 Iin the NFL?

Yep, pretty much. Most wr5 or PS guys (which is what GW most of last reason)  are borderline NFL talent. Thanks for agreeing with Dudeski. If he wasn't borderline then he wouldn't have been released and placed on PS several times. Front office was pretty confident no one was going to touch him. = Borderline

Yep, pretty much. Most wr5 or PS guys (which is what GW most of last reason) are borderline NFL talent. Thanks for agreeing with Dudeski. If he wasn't borderline then he wouldn't have been released and placed on PS several times. Front office was pretty confident no one was going to touch him. = Borderline

ok what's your point? Who is saying he is going to lead the league in anything? He is a good player, not an MVP candidate.

No as in "no," or no as in "I'm gonna take some time to think about it, and then maybe I'll formulate a thoughtful response later"?

Because if it's the second option, I'm eagerly awaiting your expressions, and then maybe we can have an enriching back and forth about it.

You guys could just be assuming..

Yes and they should.  It's not just about this year, it's having these guys available for next year.  

They could but they shouldn't

Cut Whalen and just bring him back if an injury happens

You are making a huge assumption and IMO the wrong assumption that Whalen doesn't get picked up by another team in the process.  I doubt he'd clear waivers.  

Whalen is probably the most overrated player that has ever played for the colts. I don't understand it

No, Rogers holds that title....  to hear it he is the second coming, but has done little....  "lots of upside"  what he has been living on..... time for "upside" to show up....

No, Rogers holds that title....  to hear it he is the second coming, but has done little....  "lots of upside"  what he has been living on..... time for "upside" to show up....

you do know the guy is only in his 2nd year and he is just now wrapping up his first full offseason with the Colts  right?  I mean the guy's only played in 5 regular season games so far in his career. 

Rogers had 2 TD`s in his 5 game Rookie season. Reggie had ZERO with the GOAT as his QB. lmao!

Yes he better have a great attitude and get better. He has shown PLENTY this pre-season. They have to hold him to contain him and he has drawn nice penalties. And a TD. A physical beast if you can believe Reggie, he still has great potential.

Sorry you can`t see it. It is Obvious.

Rogers had 2 TD`s in his 5 game Rookie season. Reggie had ZERO with the GOAT as his QB. lmao!

Yes he better have a great attitude and get better. He has shown PLENTY this pre-season. They have to hold him to contain him and he has drawn nice penalties. And a TD. A physical beast if you can believe Reggie, he still has great potential.

Sorry you can`t see it. It is Obvious.

You said it best.... "Potential"  .....

you do know the guy is only in his 2nd year and he is just now wrapping up his first full offseason with the Colts  right?  I mean the guy's only played in 5 regular season games so far in his career. 

If you read the board here, he is here to save the team.....  I have never seen such a love affair for "potential"

If you read the board here, he is here to save the team.....  I have never seen such a love affair for "potential"

No, you said he hasn`t done anything and he has so it is about you dissing the guy for whatever reason you choose.

I thought that 69 yard TD to help us win the Playoff game was awesome. See. Just NOTHING to you. haha! Get over it, the guy absolutely can be great for us/someone.

BTW, if his QB doesn`t choose him to throw to Pre-Snap he isn`t gonna get the ball. Maybe Andrew will get better over the next 2-3 years. I HOPE!!

No, you said he hasn`t done anything and he has so it is about you dissing the guy for whatever reason you choose.

I thought that 69 yard TD to help us win the Playoff game was awesome. See. Just NOTHING to you. haha! Get over it, the guy absolutely can be great for us/someone.

BTW, if his QB doesn`t choose him to throw to Pre-Snap he isn`t gonna get the ball. Maybe Andrew will get better over the next 2-3 years. I HOPE!!

Yeah, Rogers didn't have a TD in the Chiefs game. That was TY. So it indeed was nothing

If you read the board here, he is here to save the team..... I have never seen such a love affair for "potential"

My post had nothing to do with what anyone else has said. I do agree that some are way more infatuated than perhaps they should be. However my post was directly in response to your comment that it's time for him to start showing his potential.

Colts WR Da'Rick Rogers remains behind Griff Whalen.

It's a bit disconcerting that Rogers' natural talent still hasn't been able to shine through. He's currently the sixth receiver on a team tentatively expected to keep six receivers on their 53. Donte Moncrief is a far better Dynasty stash with Reggie Wayne and Hakeem Nicks on one-year contracts.

Related: Griff Whalen

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 28 - 11:13 AM

First off idk if anybody realizes... But da rick is physically our most talented receiver. .. His skill set is undeniable. ..whalen is a chain mover nothing more .. The difference is Whalen has reached his ceiling darick had barely started. I'm on the side of keeping them both and cutting havili but if they have to let someone go, it's whalen keep Rogers. I saw where someone said grigs and pags should be fired if they cut whalen. I think they should be fired if he's our number one PR and not purifoy lol jmo